MODS PLEASE LOCK - MLB 2007 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the Yankees team everybody chose to win the series? :lol: This is just a great start for a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for a long while.

I look forward to seeing the Cubs getting crushed by the no-name D-backs, too.

The Cubs just want to wait until next year so they can win the World Series exactly 100 years after the last one... Yeah that's it....;)

It's a conspiracy... The D-Backs closed the roof to screw the Cubs hitters and in game one they muddied the dirt in front of the plate to help Webb get grounders. j/k.

I know the indians offense can stutter as often as it crushes the ball, but they have some great pitching. Historically, pitching wins in oct. They were the only team that scared me this offseason.

Well looks like it's a done deal unless the Cubs can pull off a Red Sox like comeback and win 3 straight... The Cubbies were my last chance for something positive this sports season. The Bears are off to a horride start and my Fighting Irish are completely in the crapper at 0-5.

[quote name='mykevermin']:lol: I agree. I've had to look all the way down to the Cincinnati Bearcats to find a successful sports franchise.[/QUOTE]

You could adopt the Wildcats. They lost last night, but they look pretty good. Should have beat Ole Visor Tosser if not for the turnovers.

I can't *STAND* UK fans in the slightest, thus my ire. The vast majority of them get red and flustered if all I say is "Christian Laettner." :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']I can't *STAND* UK fans in the slightest, thus my ire. The vast majority of them get red and flustered if all I say is "Christian Laettner." :lol:[/QUOTE]

NCAA Basketball as a whole is pathetic, but that's a whole 'nother thread entirely.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']NCAA Basketball as a whole is pathetic, but that's a whole 'nother thread entirely.[/QUOTE]

Finally something we agree on.

And ChiTown, don't count the Cubbies out yet. You just never know. You can't give up on your squad for losing 2 games. Sure, statistics are extremely against them and also my Phils (since the 5 game NLDS format, only 1 out of 21 teams to go down 0 - 2 have come back to win the series) but both the Cubs and Phils have had statistic defying seasons, so you just never know. I hope your squad wins, and I hope mine does to. fuck the Rockies and D'Backs.

[quote name='jimfoley16']Finally something we agree on.

And ChiTown, don't count the Cubbies out yet. You just never know. You can't give up on your squad for losing 2 games. Sure, statistics are extremely against them and also my Phils (since the 5 game NLDS format, only 1 out of 21 teams to go down 0 - 2 have come back to win the series) but both the Cubs and Phils have had statistic defying seasons, so you just never know. I hope your squad wins, and I hope mine does to. fuck the Rockies and D'Backs.[/quote]
I agree, fuck the Rockies.

But the Diamondbacks? Nah, fuck your Phils... they are playing like shit. :lol: I don't like either teams.

[quote name='nikelecious91']The Phillies fought all the way back to win the division, I don't see why they can't win 3 in a row.[/quote]
...and the Rockies won 14 out of their last 15 to win the wildcard...

Wow, I can remember watching the Indians get smacked out of the World Series against the Braves and the Marlins. Hopefully this year is our year. :)

Too bad we don't have cable and thus can't watch the Indians / Yankees games. Is the whole post season going to be on TBS? Or are the later series going to be on some of the over-the-air networks?

And ChiTown, don't count the Cubbies out yet. You just never know. You can't give up on your squad for losing 2 games. Sure, statistics are extremely against them and also my Phils (since the 5 game NLDS format, only 1 out of 21 teams to go down 0 - 2 have come back to win the series) but both the Cubs and Phils have had statistic defying seasons, so you just never know. I hope your squad wins, and I hope mine does to. fuck the Rockies and D'Backs.[/quote]

I will still watch and hope. That's about all we can do at this point. If we can somehow get a win in game #3 with Rich Hill on the mound then there's hope as it will be Zambrano in Game #4 and Lilly in Game #5.

In other news... Marion Jones admitted that the "Flaxseed oil" she got was the clear and that she took performance enhancing drugs. Time to come clean Bonds.

And if I am correct, I believe that one team was the Yankee team from 2003, or 2002, against the A's. I also believe that was the series where Jeter made that insane play to get Giambi(?) out at home.

[quote name='craven_fiend']And if I am correct, I believe that one team was the Yankee team from 2003, or 2002, against the A's. I also believe that was the series where Jeter made that insane play to get Giambi(?) out at home.[/QUOTE]
I know its happened in the AL a number of times, the Red Sox did it in 2003 and 1999, and the Yankees did it in 2001.

[quote name='dafoomie']I know its happened in the AL a number of times, the Red Sox did it in 2003 and 1999, and the Yankees did it in 2001.[/QUOTE]

In a five game series, where the home team is down 0-2, it's only happened once - 2001 Yankees v Oakland.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']In a five game series, where the home team is down 0-2, it's only happened once - 2001 Yankees v Oakland.[/QUOTE]
Not surprising that Chokeland blew 2-0 leads in the ALDS twice in 3 years.

Ohh man, Sizemore reaches base on a strikeout that got away and a wild throw from Posada.

Sizemore on third, 2 outs, Victor Martinez up.

Gah fudge crackers they didn't get a run in. This is a nail biter. Go Gnats!

Dice K looked to be down 1-0 but got a strike out.

After all the times the Yankees handed us the game, it's good to see they finally took advantage of one of them. Impressive start by Fausto so we didn't have to burn through our relievers early.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Well if the Sox manage to escape Dice K's shakey start all teams will lead 2-0 in their respective series.[/QUOTE]
He matched Escobar's performance, wasn't so bad. In trouble all night, but got out of it most of the time. I'll take the Sox bullpen over Anaheim's.

Great play by the fan sitting near Stephen King on the 1st base line, its fair game for any fan to make a play on the ball once its over the stands, as long as you're not reaching out into the field of play.

fucking Chamberlain (not that I blame him, he's only 21). But I knew him having a kickass regular season would finally come to bite him in the ass because I didn't want his first taste of adversity to be in the Playoffs. He looked pretty scared out there. I'm not mad at his BS but the way he gave up the run was due to pure nervousness.

Oh yeah. I can't believe those "snow flurries" were actually insects. My God, I thought it started snowing in Cleveland. :lol:

i am glad the yankees lost but i couldnt believe what i was watching with those damn bugs...couldnt they have delayed the game a bit to see if they could do anything about it?...luckily they didnt seem to be biting since the players necks werent red

What the hell was up with that? I know there's a remarkable amount of filthy scumfucks in Cleveland, as evidenced by a river so filthy it caught fire, and a football team named after a tasteless euphemism for a bowel movement, but LORD those bugs were making even me itch.

Yech.

[quote name='mykevermin']What the hell was up with that? I know there's a remarkable amount of filthy scumfucks in Cleveland, as evidenced by a river so filthy it caught fire, and a football team named after a tasteless euphemism for a bowel movement, but LORD those bugs were making even me itch.

Yech.[/QUOTE]

Paul Brown dimwit

I'm aware what they're named after, as I cheer for the team owned by his bastard son. Which means, of course, I have to find any reason, and any illogical stretch of the truth, to put them down. Certainly not unique in sports.

Anyway, back to baseball...

[quote name='jlarlee']Paul Brown dimwit[/QUOTE]
Its still silly, as much as the Boston Yawkeys, New England Krafts, etc.

Castiglione's call on the radio was great, as usual. Cell phone and bottle opener worthy.

What a nail-biter the Cleveland game was! Quite the defensive battle. I was glad at least one of our runs at least got driven in by hit, despite being setup by a walk.

Somehow I got it on the radio here (Milwaukee) tonight, but it wasn't just like a syndicated broadcast, it was the actual Cleveland broadcast complete with commercials and all. For the playoffs, are the wholesaley broadcasting the different broadcasts across the country? Did I slip into a wormhole so that I was picking up 1100 WTAM out of Cleveland while being 8 hours away? Might invest in an AM antenna for the receiver in the apartment if this is going to continue to work.

WTAM has a ridiculously strong signal -- there have been times that I've picked it up when at Myrtle Beach and listened to the game. Admittedly conditions have to be near perfect, but it's definitely a possibility at night.

[quote name='Kendro']fucking Chamberlain (not that I blame him, he's only 21). But I knew him having a kickass regular season would finally come to bite him in the ass because I didn't want his first taste of adversity to be in the Playoffs. He looked pretty scared out there. I'm not mad at his BS but the way he gave up the run was due to pure nervousness.

Oh yeah. I can't believe those "snow flurries" were actually insects. My God, I thought it started snowing in Cleveland. :lol:[/QUOTE]
He was fine, the bugs clearly got to him. He pitched perfectly in the seventh with runners on first and second with one out. He's handled pressure situations well before.

I was so tired I slept just before the 9th, only to wake up to hear Manny has provided his usefulness in the playoffs once again. Second behind Bernie Williams all time in playoff homers for a damn good reason. That was crushed.

[quote name='Genocidal']WTAM has a ridiculously strong signal -- there have been times that I've picked it up when at Myrtle Beach and listened to the game. Admittedly conditions have to be near perfect, but it's definitely a possibility at night.[/quote]Wow, that's nuts. I hadn't really thought that I was actually picking up WTAM all the way over here in Wisconsin.

Do any of the Cleveland radio stations broadcast the games online? Or is it, as with the NFL, all restricted so MLB can get paid for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back