MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
VIGILANTE! YEA! THANKS NINTENDO!!!

I gotta buy points right away to play this AAA classic!!!

I'm so excited!!!

..... no, screw that game, Super Mario World for me :D

VC console as of late is short on what I feel is good games in my opinion and widely accepted good games. Sure zelda and super mario franchishes are widely accepted great games, but some of this Turbo Graphix and Genesis and even some the NES stuff is lackluster, as much as I would like Low-G Man I understand this game didn't do well so they might never release but Gain Control and Todays other Genesis side scroller who really cares,
You would think Geneis/nintendo/ and others would release

Bad Dudes, Eternal Chapions,strider, shinobi, zaxxon, hang on, daytona, after burner, ghost and goblins, xevious, some of those high selling RPGs, to name a few

Why are the purposely bring out some of these unheard of catalog of games, I would be buying more if there was more big respective console games.THey should release vc console games as if they were new titles that were meant to sell their respective console when it was new. That is I would buy NES for 8bit tennis or Turbo Graphix for Gain Control or Genesis for anything like todays side scroller beat em up.

[quote name='mercilessming']VC console as of late is short on what I feel is good games in my opinion and widely accepted good games. Sure zelda and super mario franchishes are widely accepted great games, but some of this Turbo Graphix and Genesis and even some the NES stuff is lackluster, as much as I would like Low-G Man I understand this game didn't do well so they might never release but Gain Control and Todays other Genesis side scroller who really cares,
You would think Geneis/nintendo/ and others would release

Bad Dudes, Eternal Chapions,strider, shinobi, zaxxon, hang on, daytona, after burner, ghost and goblins, xevious, some of those high selling RPGs, to name a few

Why are the purposely bring out some of these unheard of catalog of games, I would be buying more if there was more big respective console games.THey should release vc console games as if they were new titles that were meant to sell their respective console when it was new. That is I would buy NES for 8bit tennis or Turbo Graphix for Gain Control or Genesis for anything like todays side scroller beat em up.[/QUOTE]

The Wii has been out for 3 months now.

I think we're doing pretty damn good on what we have.

These are viable complaints after maybe, a year has passed, but compare the VC to it's other competitor's, namely XBLA, and you'll see it's doing MUCH better at the 3 month mark than anyone else has done.

We all want the hottest games but it takes time. I'm very happy with what we have so far.

[quote name='munch']I'm stuck on the "Connecting, Please wait..." screen. Is this up now, or will I have to wait utnil 9AM PST?[/quote]Technically it's 9AM PST, unless someone has seen them already.

[quote name='botticus']Technically it's 9AM PST, unless someone has seen them already.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. I'm going to manually cut off the console and try again.

And Jesus Christ will people stop bitching about the VC? I'm shocked we've gotten these games so early. I wasn't expecting to see Super Mario World for another year. This is great news. And the price is the same as ebay without having to have another console hooked up. All we need now are new games, which are coming, and the VC is going to be, if not already, vastly superior to XBLA and whatever Sony is offering.

For anyone that hasn't played Gain Ground... It's an awesome and underappreciated gem for the Sega Genesis. Co-op is especially good on it.

[quote name='Doom5']For anyone that hasn't played Gain Ground... It's an awesome and underappreciated gem for the Sega Genesis. Co-op is especially good on it.[/QUOTE]

Anyone who buys it while also having a PS2 needs to be punched in the face.

Gain Ground for $8 on the VC, or for $15 - $20 as part of a Collection with 31 other Sega games on the PS2?

I hope nobody buys these Sega games so it sends a very clear message to Sega that piecing out an already available collection isn't smart.

And if you don't have a PS2, well, sorry.

Yes, I had 900 points left! That means I don't have to spend $10 today!

And this is the first time Luigi ran across the screen. Interesting.

[quote name='CouRageouS']top 6 of the shop just now showed-
SMW, MK64, Contra 3, LTTP, SMB, SFII

Has it been determined what it is that places these here[/QUOTE]
Nintendo puts the best games/channels on the front page. It does not go by what you downloaded or anything else because I only own one game on the front page which is contra. I am 99.9% sure it is the cream of the crop on the front.

And I just got it because I'm a tool. ;)

For those who are wondering, it's the stand-alone original release, not the slightly tweaked version that came with some systems on the same cart as Mario All Stars (that included 4 save slots and different Luigi sprites)

Will be picking it up, but will wait a bit. Whenever I get $20, SMW and MK64 for me..

..I may dip into the emergency account for $10 for 1000 points just to get SMW.. I'm going to try to hold out though.

Man, I could stand the wavebird with Zelda, but that things absolutely sucks with Super Mario World. I'm going to get a CC soon.

Nice....I'm down with Vigilante. I've wanted that game ever since I used to stare at it in a Gamepro preview back in like 1990, wondering what it was like to play this "better looking Double Dragon." I'm really digging the Turbografx love on the VC so far, I'm fairly shocked that they seem to be updating that more than both the NES and N64 lately.

SMW I'll probably get even though I've played it to death. i'm somewhat surprised this many people think SMW is better than Super Mario Bros. 3. Ouch. SMW is a fine game, but SMB3 is untouchable. That said, I wouldn't buy the NES versions of any of the Mario titles, because I have a feeling after they are all released they'll spring SM All-Stars on us shortly after.

Just played it a little bit after downloading it and it works great with the CC. It even supports the analog stick! I didn't even notice I was using the analog stick at first. I guess I just fell into the habit since I have been playing SM64 with the CC a lot lately. The d-pad feels more natural, but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

[quote name='lebowsky']Just played it a little bit after downloading it and it works great with the CC. It even supports the analog stick! I didn't even notice I was using the analog stick at first. I guess I just fell into the habit since I have been playing SM64 with the CC a lot lately. The d-pad feels more natural, but it was pretty cool nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Yea LttP supports the analog stick too.

i just got done playing smw for a bit, man i love this game. but im down to 1300 points now, so i really have to be careful about my next purchase.

Congrats to everybody who bought Super Mario World today, cool game (although I own it for GBA). My only problem is I have 2200 points now and MK64 is tempting the hell out of me, but I need to point save for DKC and Streets of Rage, but Mario Kart... My second problem is I don't get Warioware till friday (well I will pick it up on friday but not play it until sunday because I will be out from my Wii), so MK64 looks even better, lol. Now if only World of Warcraft worked on my Ubuntu machine properly, we wouldn't have this problem but do to freezing where I need to reboot my system after 30 mins - 2 hrs of gametime...

Does anyone if Turbo Duo support is coming soon? I really hope so... that's where the TG 16 really shines, with games like Gate of Thunder, Lords of Thunder, Ys, Valis IV, and more.

I don't know much about the TG 16, so maybe Turbo Duo support is just part of the package, like a CD add on, or was it a whole new system?

I guess it was a whole new system... I wish we got support for that as well on the TG 16. I've always wanted to play Lords of Thunder.

Nice! Gotta get SMW.

Sadly I think I only have like 400 points- another ten bucks from me.

And I still have a backlog of Elebits, WarioWare, Zelda, LTTP, and SM64.

Hah.

[quote name='Roufuss']Does anyone if Turbo Duo support is coming soon?[/quote]The games have CD-quality audio so the image size would be rather large... in other words, highly doubtful.

[quote name='Genocidal']The games have CD-quality audio so the image size would be rather large... in other words, highly doubtful.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it possible to compress down the audio, similar to what SOTN did on the XBLA?

[quote name='mykevermin']I really want to like SMB3, but I'll be damned if it didn't feel like being given a filet mignon and being told I had to eat the whole thing in three minutes. The lack of a save feature in the game prevented me from really savoring the level design, varied features of the levels, graphics, etc.

Ultimately, this features makes me think that the two games just can't be compared, because it isn't fair. The save feature meant I could take my time with the game, that I was able to play through (and wanted to play through) every level in SMW. If I wanted to do that in SMB3, I had to do it in one sitting, and I felt zero incentive to do that.

That said, I'll probably pick it up when it heads to the VC.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, so SMW has a save feature? I can't stand 2D Mario's without save features - makes them unplayable to me. We downloaded SMB and played it for a day, then got tired and bored with it (both me and my kids). And SMB3 doesn't? I'm only familiar with the GBA version (my son is playing it right now) and it has some sort of save? I take it this is an addition to the original then. NO WAY NO HOW would I even consider downloading that if it has no save feature. Damn, that sucks to no end. No wonder I skipped all those generations of consoles (I grew out of the desire to play non-savable games with my Atari thank you very much - moved on to computers where you could save shit).

Why you people drool all over these NES/SNES games I have no idea :lol:. That said I guess if games from my childhood showed up on the VC I'd be raving about them and insisting everyone download them (Breakout, Adventure, and Combat FTW!).

I'd download SMW but I have 700 points right now - d'oh!

So why not just use the save states when playing SMB 1 - 3? I'd prefer having the old NES originals instead of having the SNES version with saving.

[quote name='Mattte']So why not just use the save states when playing SMB 1 - 3? I'd prefer having the old NES originals instead of having the SNES version with saving.[/QUOTE]

Save states? You mean just quitting and then restarting later? That's nice if you have to stop playing, but it's not really a save, as you can't replay from that point if you die (as far as I know - never tried it). So, no, not really. I'm just saying, there were reasons why I didn't play console games (again) until recently, and this reminds me of the main one. The VC is nice as I can try out a few of the games people rave about all the time on CAG (LttP, for example, is cool because it does have a save). But I hardly view them as classic game experiences - just my opinion.

[quote name='Roufuss']Isn't it possible to compress down the audio, similar to what SOTN did on the XBLA?[/quote]Probably, but they'd also have to emulate the add-on hardware... I'd say it's much more likely that we'll see Sega CD games than TGCD, and even that is a huge longshot.

I love me some Super Mario World, but I don't really feel the need to play it again. I just fairly recently played through the GBA version (recently as in a year or so ago.) I might pick it up later down the line.

I usually hate Mondays, but I'm starting to really like them. New VC games, and a new episode of Prison Break/Heroes. ;)

[quote name='Roufuss']Anyone who buys it while also having a PS2 needs to be punched in the face.

Gain Ground for $8 on the VC, or for $15 - $20 as part of a Collection with 31 other Sega games on the PS2?

I hope nobody buys these Sega games so it sends a very clear message to Sega that piecing out an already available collection isn't smart.

And if you don't have a PS2, well, sorry.[/QUOTE]

Actually I think you need to be punched in the face.
Stop trying to judge things you don't understand.

[quote name='munch']And Jesus Christ will people stop bitching about the VC? I'm shocked we've gotten these games so early. I wasn't expecting to see Super Mario World for another year. This is great news. And the price is the same as ebay without having to have another console hooked up. All we need now are new games, which are coming, and the VC is going to be, if not already, vastly superior to XBLA and whatever Sony is offering.[/QUOTE]

Indeed! We had a couple crappy weeks bogged down with shmups, but all in all the VC has lived up to its promise as far as I'm concerned. I'm very surprised that games like LttP and SMW are out already. It makes me think the chances of getting games like Super Mario RPG and Earthbound are very, very high.

It'll be really interesting to see what the first official sales numbers are. The cards have been impossible to find in stores, so I think it's safe to assume that this is going even better than Nintendo could have hoped.

[quote name='Scobie']Indeed! We had a couple crappy weeks bogged down with shmups, but all in all the VC has lived up to its promise as far as I'm concerned. I'm very surprised that games like LttP and SMW are out already. It makes me think the chances of getting games like Super Mario RPG and Earthbound are very, very high.

It'll be really interesting to see what the first official sales numbers are. The cards have been impossible to find in stores, so I think it's safe to assume that this is going even better than Nintendo could have hoped.[/quote]

what's your beef with shmups? HMM?

SUPER MARIO WORLD MOTHERfuckERS!

oh, dude.

There's an extra $10 in my bank account!

I don't know how it got there. It's like Nintendo's teasing me..

Guess what, Nintendo? You win. SUPER MARIO WORLD TIME!

I'm wondering where the RPG's are?

And no, I don't count Zelda as an RPG.

It's just kind of weird we haven't had one RPG yet... you think Sega would have dropped a Phantasy Star since those are already done in 480p.

It's just...weird, I guess.

[quote name='tiredfornow']what's your beef with shmups? HMM?[/QUOTE]

Been gaming for over 25 years and I've played through enough shmups for this lifetime. Also, I'll be the first to admit that I've gone soft as a gamer. A lot of the serious old school shmups cranked the difficulty to the point where they're not enjoyable for the casual gamer.

Back in the day, I had plenty of time to re-play levels over and over till I made it through, and then would willingly go through it all again to get higher scores. I'm kinda too busy for that sort of thing any more. Shmups are dead to me.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'm wondering where the RPG's are?

And no, I don't count Zelda as an RPG.

It's just kind of weird we haven't had one RPG yet... you think Sega would have dropped a Phantasy Star since those are already done in 480p.

It's just...weird, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Of course, your post implies that those running Sega possess a modicum of business or even common sense. I bet if they had readied something like Shining in the Darkness it would have been a top 3 download on the V C.

I'm up to 10 downloads now (Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Zelda: LttP, F-Zero, SimCity, Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros, Gunstar Heroes, Bonk) and I don't feel 1 point has been wasted.

[quote name='coolz481']Of course, your post implies that those running Sega possess a modicum of business or even common sense. I bet if they had readied something like Shining in the Darkness it would have been a top 3 download on the V C.

I'm up to 10 downloads now (Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Zelda: LttP, F-Zero, SimCity, Castlevania IV, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros, Gunstar Heroes, Bonk) and I don't feel 1 point has been wasted.[/QUOTE]

But I'm just curious as to *where* the RPG's are? Is there something all of us have missed? Every genre is represented somewhat except for RPG's.

[quote name='Roufuss']But I'm just curious as to *where* the RPG's are? Is there something all of us have missed? Every genre is represented somewhat except for RPG's.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible that Nintendo doesn't want RPGs released cause they're usually such a large investment time-wise and they want you to be buying brand new Wii games to use your console for instead? I dunno, I'm probably just pulling that out of my ass.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Is it possible that Nintendo doesn't want RPGs released cause they're usually such a large investment time-wise and they want you to be buying brand new Wii games to use your console for instead? I dunno, I'm probably just pulling that out of my ass.[/quote]

Sadly, there aren't too many Wii games that require large RPG-esque time investments other than Zelda. That I can think of.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Is it possible that Nintendo doesn't want RPGs released cause they're usually such a large investment time-wise and they want you to be buying brand new Wii games to use your console for instead? I dunno, I'm probably just pulling that out of my ass.[/QUOTE]

But that theory is shot because Super Mario RPG is coming, eventually.

I'm just curious as to why that's been the only one announced.

And I don't think a 15 year old game is going to stop someone from buying a brand new game built just for their console. "Oh, I have Link to the Past for the VC, I guess I'll skip that Twilight Princess game!"

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Sadly, there aren't too many Wii games that require large RPG-esque time investments other than Zelda. That I can think of.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Most people, when they buy a new console, don't want to put it down. Its the reason why launch titles, despite being garbage compared to later releases, sell so well. People want anything and everything to use their console. Therefore they're likely to buy lots of games they wouldn't normally buy. If those games are Wii games they're gonna have to buy a couple different ones to fill the same time that a long RPG would fill.

I dunno, its difficult to express exactly what I'm trying to say here. Ok, let's say there's 2 Wii games that take 10 hours each to complete. If there was an RPG on the virtual console that took say 20 hours to complete, that means people wouldn't be buying Wii games but instead buying VC games.

I really can't think of any other reason why they seem to be specifically avoiding any and all RPGs for the immediate future.

[quote name='Roufuss']But that theory is shot because Super Mario RPG is coming, eventually.

I'm just curious as to why that's been the only one announced.

And I don't think a 15 year old game is going to stop someone from buying a brand new game built just for their console. "Oh, I have Link to the Past for the VC, I guess I'll skip that Twilight Princess game!"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't know why either but you have to admit, video game manufacturers don't have the same view of the industry that we do. If that was the case the PS3 would be cheaper and we'd have the same Nintendo rewards club that Europe and Japan have.

[quote name='Roufuss']

And I don't think a 15 year old game is going to stop someone from buying a brand new game built just for their console. "Oh, I have Link to the Past for the VC, I guess I'll skip that Twilight Princess game!"[/quote]

true that, I know I wouldnt... even though twilight princess is starting to get overthrown by LttP. Imagine if nintendo released one game from every genre each week, that'd be AWESOME :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back