MODS PLEASE LOCK - The Wii VC Games - Volume 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Adventure Island for me. Of course I have only 500 points...damnit! I don't care too much to play DKC again.

The rumor on GameFaqs is that Super Mario RPG may come out tomorrow...I know I would crap myself if that happened. Ive been waiting for that on GBA since 2001! I also hope Paper Mario 64 arrives as well. I loved Paper Mario 2 on Cube (Just started playing it today to refresh myself for Super Paper Mario Wii) and could never play the N64 version due to my hatred of the N64 controller.

STREETS OF RAGE!!!!!?!?! OOOOH YAY! =)

Lol I want DKC, Streets of Rage and New Adventure island... but.. thats's $22 lol :( And I only have 700 points in my damn account! Damnit!

[quote name='lilboo']STREETS OF RAGE!!!!!?!?! OOOOH YAY! =)

Lol I want DKC, Streets of Rage and New Adventure island... but.. thats's $22 lol :( And I only have 700 points in my damn account! Damnit![/quote]

you can do without NAI can't ya?.. I can.

[quote name='pop311']they aren't showing up on my Wii. What do I do?[/quote]Jump up and down on one foot!

Or, just wait like lebo suggested, whatever. ;)

DKC and Streets of Rage are probably two of the best releases yet. Much better releases than last week. And rumors of Super Mario RPG will persist until the file is actually released ... I don't bother getting my hopes up.

[quote name='botticus']You were close.

Legend of Kage (NES)
DKC (SNES)
New Adventure Island (TG-16)
Streets of Rage (Gen)

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=11455[/quote]You racist fuckers Nintendo, you release Kirby and Kid Icarus last week so I wont have enough points for DKC and Streets this week, fuck you Nintendo, lol. Also Sonic is this week, fuck you Nintendo for making me spend lots of cash on great games, lol

Looks like Nintendo has finally started to answer the call for AAA Titles every week. I played the crap out of DKC on SNES, so I think I'll pass. Maybe Streets of Rage when I find a good deal on more points.

I think we should stop saying 'fuck you nintendo' 'damn you nintendo' 'nintendo you pieces of shit!' because we're finally getting games we want.. :/

Now that it's out, I feel safer asking this: what's the big deal about DKC?

My youngest sister loved the whole series, and I played through the first one with her (over and over again--it was an easy way to babysit) when it came out. Even with all those playthroughs in mind, I still don't get the DKC desire. I mean, I understand why my little sister liked it: chunky graphics and cute monkeys wearing baseball hats and ties. But as a gamer looking back on games past, is DKC really a so-called AAA classic or are the DKC kudos mostly raging boner fanboyism?

My impression is the latter, but I'm willing to be swayed to the AAA side by a decent opinion.

[quote name='dothog']Now that it's out, I feel safer asking this: what's the big deal about DKC?

My youngest sister loved the whole series, and I played through the first one with her (over and over again--it was an easy way to babysit) when it came out. Even with all those playthroughs in mind, I still don't get the DKC desire. I mean, I understand why my little sister liked it: chunky graphics and cute monkeys wearing baseball hats and ties. But as a gamer looking back on games past, is DKC really a so-called AAA classic or are the DKC kudos mostly raging boner fanboyism?

My impression is the latter, but I'm willing to be swayed to the AAA side by a decent opinion.[/QUOTE]

DKC and its siblings is probably more of a A or AA title rather than a AAA one. It featured impressive graphics for its time squeazing more out of the Super Nintendo than others did with the Playstation and N64.

Gameplay wise it was ok, but it may not stand the test of time the way Mario games do.

Basically, I wont be downloading it, but I have fond memories.

Well they are up..well, everything BUT DKC.

Legend of Kage (??), New Adventure Island, and Streets of Rage are all up.

Maybe DKC will appear later..?

Awesome. I'll get DKC soon. None of the others interest me.

I can't wait to download and play SMRPG, but for the past years I just upload my save file and play from Axem Bros. on... so it'll be totally new :lol:

[quote name='Strell']Guess I'm the only one who can pass this week.

I might get DKC down the road.[/QUOTE]

Nope. I don't want any of this stuff.

[quote name='Strell']Guess I'm the only one who can pass this week.

I might get DKC down the road.[/QUOTE]

Not the only one.

[quote name='Staind204']Is anyone ever going to update the OP with everything up on the VC now ? It would be nice to have the list updated every week.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The OP just posted in this thread TODAY and has not updated in 6 weeks....if he does not want to do it anymore I will gladly do it every Monday morning.

[quote name='gizmogc']Agreed. The OP just posted in this thread TODAY and has not updated in 6 weeks....if he does not want to do it anymore I will gladly do it every Monday morning.[/quote]

I would welcome any CAG to keep the main page updated. This thread is great for discussing the VC releases, but having up-to-date information on the main page would make it easy to track what has already been released as well as each Monday's new additions.

How can we make this happen? Mods?

I wouldn't mind taking over updating the OP.

I wouldn't be able to do it monday morning, but the afternoon would be fine... I think?.. how would we go about changing it?

it doesn't even HAVE to be updated every MONDAY, as long as the new games are on there sometime the week they come out, that's all we really need.

This would probably be better kept in the wiki anyway, and then everybody can edit it. Somebody make the wiki page and then a mod can just link to it in the OP.

Streets is ok...

Not worth 800 points, but well it is a classic sort of. I am pissed off that I bought it instead of waiting for DKC which is on the channel now but with WOW taking all my time this week I could care less, lol.

[quote name='tiredfornow']I think we should stop saying 'fuck you nintendo' 'damn you nintendo' 'nintendo you pieces of shit!' because we're finally getting games we want.. :/[/QUOTE]

No Punch-Out, no Pro Wrestling, no Beetle Adventure Racing.

So...fuck you Nintendo! :cool:

Seriously, it is nice that they are getting some stuff folks really want out...just not what I personally am waiting for.

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back