Monado: Beginning of the World / Xenoblade (Wii) Pre-Order @ amazon ($59.99)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celsius

CAGiversary!
Before coming in here to complain MSRP isn't a deal, please listen for a bit!

There is an increasingly growing campaign, spanning multiple forums and gaming sites (NeoGaf, IGN, GoNintendo, Kotaku, Destructoid, Gamefaqs, Nintendoeverything, and more), trying to get Nintendo to listen up and release this (+The Last Story and Pandora's Tower) in the U.S.

The campaign includes snail mail writing, e-mail, phone calls, facebook, and twitter and the turn-out has been beyond all expectations thus far. Comments on Nintendo's Facebook had passed 1,300 in just 24 hours.

But actions speak louder than words, so to convey that Nintendo fans really want this, people have decided to show for it by pre-ordering on amazon -- hoping to get it to the #1 sales rank in video games from #12,000+

Results:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #30 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii > Action
#5 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

See this too: http://666kb.com/i/bunsqwbujfsk3nuqf.gif

So the deal is this, please pre-order it to help get it released in the U.S. Remember: actions speak louder than words.

Pre-Order: http://www.amazon.com/Monado-Beginn...1MYG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309008677&sr=8-1

It costs nothing to pre-order! also, if the game does come out, the MSRP will surely drop to $49.99.

Edit -- Update #1:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #25 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#4 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Edit: Update #2:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #24 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#3 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Edit: Update #3 on amazon sales rank:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#16 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#3 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Edit: Update #4 on amazon sales rank:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#9 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Edit: Update #5 on amazon sales rank:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
#4 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do we care about this JRPG? I youtubed a 2009 video, looks like another generic JRPG to me, shed some insight on this game.

[quote name='DS9']Why do we care about this JRPG? I youtubed a 2009 video, looks like another generic JRPG to me, shed some insight on this game.[/QUOTE]

Wii owners are starved for anything decent looking, methinks. That's what a year-long drought can do.

[quote name='DS9']Why do we care about this JRPG? I youtubed a 2009 video, looks like another generic JRPG to me, shed some insight on this game.[/QUOTE]

Not sure, really. Maybe some people in NA just want to play the game legally. Personally, I pre-ordered in the hopes that it'd convince Nintendo to turn around their lazy localization attitude in general.

Not generic.

The impressions from people who've played the game are overwhelmingly positive. Lengthy playtime with tons of quest, a huge world to explore, and an actual good story. Load times are quick and are non-existant when you engage in battle. It's considered the best JRPG of the current gen.

Field exploration video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrLvuziMHSg

Impressions: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22377095&postcount=1051

I applaud the effort, and I do hope that something does come of it, either Nintendo publishing the game themselves or passing it off to a third party like XSeed or Atlus.

However, I can understand why Nintendo is a little gun-shy about going to the effort of releasing these rather limited audience games here in America... I came up with a little BASIC formula to explain it...

/RUN The "Hardcore" Nintendo game cycle

READY

10 Nintendo releases Japanese Wii game that appeals to the "hardcore"
20 American hardcore gamers demand release of the game in America
30 Nintendo holds back confirmation of release of game in America
40 Hardcore gamers fill forums with posts complaining how much they want to play the game
50 After several months Nintendo releases the hardcore Japanese game in America
60 The Hardcore gamers that demanded its release ignore the game "because it's on the Wii, durr" and the game bombs.
70 GOTO 10

For a recent example of this, see Sin & Punishment: Star Successor

It was voted the #1 RPG of this generation on popular Japanese user review site mk2. (link) It's developed by MonolithSoft, famous for the Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos games.

The highest rated pure rpg this gen according to japan the only region that got it. Plus as hard as it is to believe not all americans are typical joe six packs that only play sports and fps. This type of game is outrageously rare now so if anyone likes the sense of adventure,huge epic world, town to town exploration and other rpg elements vote now with this campaign and your wallet if we get it or forever hold your peace as this genre dies .

[quote name='oscargrouch']http://www.destructoid.com/xenoblade-reconfirmed-for-na-last-story-confirmed-for-eu-204635.phtml

Source seems sketchy, but it is at least positive news.[/QUOTE]Not really--in the comments, the "source" says that no one should take this as positive news, asking Jim Sterling (who posted the article) to amend the article, and he doesn't want the efforts of Operation Rainfall to stop:

Jim, It's me, Jonathan. I think you might have gone a little carried away with the story here from the e-mail I shot to you. Xenoblade/Monado didn't show up at E3 2011 due to Nintendo of America stonewalling Nintendo of Europe, stating that they weren't going to feature NoE's game if they weren't planning on selling it. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26928

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE amend this article! I don't want wind taken out of Operation Rainfall's sails! Others have gotten the same e-mail as me from Nintendo about Monado a few days ago.

Given the lack of good JRPGs in this generation, I would think that the effort to bring over as many as possible would be welcome.

It's funny when you think about what this really is. Begging a company to let us give them money. That's kind of sad for all parties involved even though I'm definitely on the side of wanting these titles. I realize the point might be that they may spend more than they make back, but there are ways around that.

[quote name='Vortextk']It's funny when you think about what this really is. Begging a company to let us give them money. That's kind of sad for all parties involved even though I'm definitely on the side of wanting these titles. I realize the point might be that they may spend more than they make back, but there are ways around that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's any secret that the Wii's line-up has been pitiful at best outside of the few Nintendo titles (and I'm sure Wii gamers will try arguing that mediocre titles like Muramasa and Mad World are better than they actually are) and as a whole, this generation has only had a few good JRPGs. So these 3 would basically knock out 2 birds with 1 stone.

I'm still waiting for an official response from NOA. A confirmation by "customer support" sounds like something said just to get the guy calling off the phone.

[quote name='Ionotropic']Success. http://www.destructoid.com/xenoblade-reconfirmed-for-na-last-story-confirmed-for-eu-204635.phtml[/QUOTE]

Eh.... I'll wait till a more reliable website posts info. Destructoid, like many blogs, does not confirm their stories - so really lacks the professionalism of journalism.

Off-topic, but that's seriously one of the annoying things of all these blogs that are all over the place now - no one confirms their sources, and when they do, they just confirm one.

/soapbox /slapmyselfintheforehead

If I called enough Nintendo CSRs I could get one to confirm that Starfox 2 is still coming for SNES. It would be just like Sterling not to edit his article because the misinformation issue creates the kind of cheap controversy that he thrives on :|

Lack of localizations has been my main point of contention with Nintendo for years so I definitely preordered Monado. Even if OpRainfall accomplishes nothing it's still an awesome movement.

[quote name='Vinny']Are they fucking serious...?[/QUOTE]

that's Dtiod/Jim for ya, and why I hate them...I was hoping to see this & TLS announced at e3,guess not..Pretty sad we have to BEG Nintendo to take our money :(./pre-ordered aswell!.

[quote name='Vinny']I don't think it's any secret that the Wii's line-up has been pitiful at best outside of the few Nintendo titles (and I'm sure Wii gamers will try arguing that mediocre titles like Muramasa and Mad World are better than they actually are) and as a whole, this generation has only had a few good JRPGs. So these 3 would basically knock out 2 birds with 1 stone.[/QUOTE]

No secret, at all, of course. Like the gamecube, you have to really sift through the releases(with more releases but a smaller % worthwhile) to find something worth playing. Do be fair though, it's not like muramasa is bad, it just doesn't compete with something like(looking at my amazon orders) early 2010. Mass effect 2, heavy rain, FFXIII, god of war 3, dante's inferno, bioshock 2, bayonetta, yakuza 3 and darksiders for me alone. However with the wii, it IS being made to stand against those by itself because each good title on the wii has to account for up to a dozen good titles on another system at this point and obviously no game could do that.

Agreed the titles would achieve multiple goals though. I'm not hating, but most of the jrpgs recently on something like the ps3 has been very loli/moe/cute teen girl based which isn't outright bad, but those games are not why the snes and ps1(and hell ps2) were runaway rpg machines. I watched the giantbomb quicklook of Persona 4 earlier this year, freaking 100+ hours lol but I enjoyed it, and though I was skeptical at first it's better than mostly anything I've played on the newer consoles rpg wise.

I'm not saying it's bad we're begging them to let us give them money, it's just pathetic we have to let a business know that. There has to be half a dozen companies that would love to localize these given a FAIR licensing cost, I don't understand why we can't even do that.

[quote name='AsherFischell']I love how Nintendo will release boatloads and boatloads of horrible shovelware that no one in their right minds would pay for, let alone play, but bringing over titles that are actually decent that gamers might want to play is out of the question. Seriously, how many games have come out for the Wii in the last six months that were even worth playing? Like, three, if even that many.[/QUOTE]

Nintendo's not the one releasing all that shovelware.

I dont care about this game (know nothing about it but it does look good..) or Destructoid but I think what Jim is doing is pushing Nintendo for an answer one way or another, simple as that. Nothing wrong with that imo. Are they or are they not bringing it over, just answer the question.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont care about this game (know nothing about it but it does look good..) or Destructoid but I think what Jim is doing is pushing Nintendo for an answer one way or another, simple as that. Nothing wrong with that imo. Are they are or they not bringing it over, just answer the question.[/QUOTE]

Yep, in his twitter feed he basically said that.

haha i agreed with someone on neogaf saying if the games do release here it will sell like garbage but a good campaign to get try to get the games here.

I will start spamming for NPC Pikmin 2 instead , i want that here more then those other games B^)

come at me CAG

[quote name='theking20']haha i agreed with someone on neogaf saying if the games do release here it will sell like garbage but a good campaign to get try to get the games here.

I will start spamming for NPC Pikmin 2 instead , i want that here more then those other games B^)

come at me CAG[/QUOTE]

I mean you could just import Pikmin 2 since it was release in Europe

Great idea guys, I pre-ordered it. Always was interested in this game but it fell off my radar a bit when all info on the game kinda stopped. Looking forward to Last Story as well. I really hope this stuff finds its way to all regions.

There are readers on Kotaku confirming it as well through interactions with Nintendo CSRs. Also, I don't remember Amazon ever offering a game for preorder that it wasn't planning on actually selling here in the states.

Amazon always throws on a glut of "game logo + black background" games for preorder after E3. Monado had a presence on Nintendo's E3 site as a logo and a few stills back in 08 or 09 so up on Amazon it went. It just so happens that other companies tend not to bring things to E3 that they have no intention of actually releasing, so issues of Amazon offering games for preorder that never release are rare.

[quote name='Ionotropic']There are readers on Kotaku confirming it as well through interactions with Nintendo CSRs. Also, I don't remember Amazon ever offering a game for preorder that it wasn't planning on actually selling here in the states.[/QUOTE]

It was put up after like e3 2009(then taken down for some time?), so I wouldn't count amazon putting it up as anything.

[quote name='ral1121']And that is why I bought an xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Yup I own one too, and amazingly enough, this game isn't on that either. It's not on my ds, pc or ps3 either. Thanks for that though.

Preordered with no intention of paying anywhere near that much for it. Here's hoping it gets a U.S. release so I can scoop it up later in the bargain bin.

Wait till they apparently get the snail mail.

You know after reading that...it seems like the update is just going to be a definite "these won't be coming to america" lol =/

uhm it was a pretty ambiguous statement how do you even know they were referring to xenoblade? cuz I sure dont just from that twitter blip.

they could have been talking about pokemon fans for all i know.

[quote name='oscargrouch']It seems deliberately vague to me...[/QUOTE]
Same here. I bet they just want to get everyone to shut up for a couple days and let it slowly die.

[quote name='oscargrouch']It seems deliberately vague to me...[/QUOTE]

Seems deliberately like saying "shut the fuck up and get off our back" to me. :D

All I'm expecting is an official confirmation tomorrow that none of them are coming.

Surprise me NoA and Reggie. Surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back