Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - Get Your Feline Fingered Copy!

Hopefully play with some people on here if they release ad hoc party alongside MHFU. I've been playing the japanese version with the english patch as of late (converted my MHF2 save). I've seen a few differences so far like some of the elder quests are higher up and some have been lowered (easier high level quests are in 3* instead of 4* and likewise).

Having the cat sidekick is definitely interesting. He's a pain though until he gets a few levels and skills then he starts helping out more. I'm still on the elder 3* quest (Evil Gypceros! It is the last thing between me and the urgent quest).

So I recently found my game and it's the 1st one. I hear you can use the same save (on part 2) but either lose items get a ticket. Can anyone elaborate on that?

I want to get part Unite and dont mind waiting/playing part 1 so I can transfer what I have til then. Or am I just better off getting 2 now and then switch to Unite when it comes out.

wait till Unite since you'll be able to still transfer from the first game. you keep ur character name and start off with better items and money and other stuff... it's worth it IMHO.

Has there been anything newsish to let us know the release date for unite? Amazon shows April 30th, but when ordering games for work, it didn't show up anywhere through July.

Quick question: Should I wait for Unite or should I ask my friend to mail me a japanese MHP2G and try to find an english patch?

[quote name='MiniB0ssBattle']Quick question: Should I wait for Unite or should I ask my friend to mail me a japanese MHP2G and try to find an english patch?[/quote]

just wait dude, By the time you get the game, and find a patch Unite will allready be released.

I'm so glas I own a ps3 because playing with other people is where this game excells, Playing alone can be pretty grinding especially when your hunting for parts for a specific set of armor, Its also fun to go and and play your single player mode after reach the 4-5 star quests with your friends, by the time I even started the sigle player mode I had full sets of Rathalos, and Tigrex armor.

This game is starting to creep up on my radar. Though I've never played a MH game, it sounds like something I could get into. Is it mostly grinding or is there an actual story to the mix?

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']This game is starting to creep up on my radar. Though I've never played a MH game, it sounds like something I could get into. Is it mostly grinding or is there an actual story to the mix?[/quote]

It's kinda strange to answer that... It kinda is grinding but there's no such thing as leveling up in the game (one of my biggest praises to the game)... it's more skill based. The grinding comes in the form of getting items to build your gear.

There's a story, but it's not at all important unless you want it to be.

Still IMHO the strongest PSP game out since it's easy to play well over 200 hours, which I can say I have.

the new cover is the best yet in all the NA relases:

pix_090407_mhfu_th.jpg

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']This game is starting to creep up on my radar. Though I've never played a MH game, it sounds like something I could get into. Is it mostly grinding or is there an actual story to the mix?[/quote]

The PSP games are particularly good as MP games with your buddies over WiFi. There's a grindy element, but like RR said, it's for getting better gear/items/stats rather than pure "leveling" per se. There isn't really a story to these games.

[quote name='gunm']The PSP games are particularly good as MP games with your buddies over WiFi. There's a grindy element, but like RR said, it's for getting better gear/items/stats rather than pure "leveling" per se. There isn't really a story to these games.[/quote]

Thats something I think this series can use...nothing really deep as to change the whole aspect of the game, but something simple to keep things intresting. Such as these games usually start off with you being the vilages "New hunter", mabey have a rivial there that is also trying to earn that spot.

I tried the demo last night and have to say I did not care for ti very much...

My main gripe was with the controls. I was a Lancer and was trying the hypnocatrice (sp?) quest. Essentially the monster came to my area and I would repeatedly hit circle or triangle to try and hit it. Eventually I learned that by hitting both I could do a charge attack, but regardless it became frenetic button mashing. I was hoping for some deeper attacks when using button combos. The camera had to constantly be recentered and I had a lot of trouble just lining up attacks. I would have really appreciated some sort of lock on mechanic so that I could strafe or dodge to the side. I also found my little cat friend annoying because he kept meowing. The small monsters were irritating too because I would be repeatedly attacked by the little wasp which seemed to infinitely respawn. I didn't see any clear way to end the battle either, as enemies do not seem to have any indicator of the remaining life. I alos thought the tutorial aspect was a little week because I had not idea how to use many of the items (barbecue spit).

I have a feeling I am missing something though, because the more I watch of this game the more I want it, but that demo killed it for me. I will try it again tonight as one of the other classes tonight, but I was hoping to get some insight before I gave it another go.

The camera in this series is indeed archaic and one might say deliberately evil. But the combos are there, and there's a lot of strategy to the fighting.

Yes, the wasps are just a complete nuisance, too. So stupid.

does the demo do the whole Phantasy Star thing where u can save your game and continue that save off the retail release?!?!

coz if not... demos jus aint worth my time for a game I already plan on buying...

the demo dosn't do it, but it's worth it if you've never played the series or want to check out the new features (such as the felines).

I played it not taking it seriously for the same reasons... anyway even then i want to transfer my old character rather than make a new since I have 200 hours of work in him already.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']I tried the demo last night and have to say I did not care for ti very much...

My main gripe was with the controls. I was a Lancer and was trying the hypnocatrice (sp?) quest. Essentially the monster came to my area and I would repeatedly hit circle or triangle to try and hit it. Eventually I learned that by hitting both I could do a charge attack, but regardless it became frenetic button mashing. I was hoping for some deeper attacks when using button combos. The camera had to constantly be recentered and I had a lot of trouble just lining up attacks. I would have really appreciated some sort of lock on mechanic so that I could strafe or dodge to the side. I also found my little cat friend annoying because he kept meowing. The small monsters were irritating too because I would be repeatedly attacked by the little wasp which seemed to infinitely respawn. I didn't see any clear way to end the battle either, as enemies do not seem to have any indicator of the remaining life. I alos thought the tutorial aspect was a little week because I had not idea how to use many of the items (barbecue spit).

I have a feeling I am missing something though, because the more I watch of this game the more I want it, but that demo killed it for me. I will try it again tonight as one of the other classes tonight, but I was hoping to get some insight before I gave it another go.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, nearly everything you said there I agree with. I feel like I missing out on something awesome as well but...the demo is so...

Beat the first demo mission in ~23 minutes. First time I've ever killed anything that big, and I own Freedom 1 & 2 :lol: I guess it helped that they give you (what I assume is) a good weapon, good armor, and a ton of potions. I've never even seen a High Potion before.

Just tried the demo. Horrible just like the previous two games. The lack of a lock-on button makes the combat frustrating, to the point that I lost complete interest in getting this game. I'll admit, I didn't give the previous two games much of a chance, but this demo just saved me $30 thankfully.

If the PSP had a second analog stick, there wouldn't be a need for a lock-on button, but since the PSP doesn't have a second analog...

[quote name='SynGamer']Just tried the demo.....The lack of a lock-on button makes the combat frustrating, to the point that I lost complete interest in getting this game.[/QUOTE]

This is my main gripe as well.

bread's done
Back