More fuel on the Marvel vs Capcom 3 rumors

Lord_Kefka

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
http://www.planetxbox360.com/article_10306/Marvel_vs_Capcom_3_is_Coming_to_Xbox_360_from_Capcom

Kotaku, Game Informer Online and others all made notes last week about possible major announcements at Capcom's Captivate event in Hawaii. But this article on PlanetXbox is calling it as official as they can without a full leak or press announcement.

Looks like about a year away, full 720P remade, on-disc, and possibly major expansion of character roster. Coming to PS3/360.

If this is true, let the excitement begin now! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess Sega finally gave up the Marvel licenses or they expired? The whole reason it took this long was because it would be too expensive for Capcom to make.

[quote name='Jodou']So I guess Sega finally gave up the Marvel licenses or they expired? The whole reason it took this long was because it would be too expensive for Capcom to make.[/QUOTE]

You mean EA. Capcom already got the license when they port MvC2 to PS3 and Xbox 360

As much as I love the Marvel VS Capcom series. I hope it isn't as broken as 2 was. If they use assist they should have a limit like the first one. So people don't spam you to death. =P

[quote name='Jodou']So I guess Sega finally gave up the Marvel licenses or they expired? The whole reason it took this long was because it would be too expensive for Capcom to make.[/QUOTE]
Sega has the license to make games based off of some Marvel movies.

[quote name='62t']You mean EA. Capcom already got the license when they port MvC2 to PS3 and Xbox 360[/QUOTE]
Ha, guess I'm not exactly Mr. Current Affairs. Guess they've been too busy trying to rip people off with costume packs instead. I would go to the arcade again for this game, though.

[quote name='crystalklear64']Sweet, where can I get the original?[/QUOTE]

While I sense your razzing, (on the internet, for shame) I was trying to put forward the concept that this NEW iteration in the series will (from all quotes in the article) have some real graphical improvements. Taking the same sprites they have been using since X-men vs Street Fighter and dropping it onto a retail disc with a label that says "now in 1080" doesn't seem like a fair move. Then again, this is Capcom.

Those Darkstalkers sprites in particular looked dated and poor quality even in MvC2.

The idea of this game being made, with all of these new changes/improvements is exciting.

McC2=best 2d fighter of all time - I must have clocked over 200 hours on that game on my Dreamcast and is probably the sole reason I'll never sell my Dreamcast (that and Shenmue that is!)

Sorry to crap on the good news, but Markman told me that Disney Interactive Studios is handling this.
Turns out that Marvel wasn't licensed by Capcom, Capcom was licensed by Disney.

[quote name='ninja dog']Sorry to crap on the good news, but Markman told me that Disney Interactive Studios is handling this.
Turns out that Marvel wasn't licensed by Capcom, Capcom was licensed by Disney.[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate please?

[quote name='62t']You mean EA. Capcom already got the license when they port MvC2 to PS3 and Xbox 360[/QUOTE]

They only got the license to re-publish that game on a download only basis, not make new games. If they wanted to do an MVC3 they would have to go through the contract process again.

[quote name='ninja dog']Sorry to crap on the good news, but Markman told me that Disney Interactive Studios is handling this.
Turns out that Marvel wasn't licensed by Capcom, Capcom was licensed by Disney.[/QUOTE]

I'm skeptical, but if this is true that means that Disney Studios Interactive (which is owned by the same company as Marvel) actually licensed Capcom's characters for their own fighter, instead of Capcom licensing Marvel's characters for theirs. Again, extremely skeptical as this kind of hands on approach doesn't fit Disney's description of how they're approaching their ownership of Marvel (we'll handle our characters, they'll handle theirs).

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Could you elaborate please?[/QUOTE]

Capcom side will have characters from Zack + Wiki, Spyborgs, and Under the Skin.

[quote name='ninja dog']Capcom side will have characters from Zack + Wiki, Spyborgs, and Under the Skin.[/QUOTE]

This game has just been leaked, I didn't think we'd have any idea of rosters or how the process worked out yet. So if Disney is doing the licensing of Capcom's characters, your statement is that they won't be paying for the big Street Fighter characters? Do you have sources for this information?

If there's gonna be a MvC3, will they use the SFIV engine, or the Tat vs. Cap engine?

I'm guessing the latter, but I hope the game is made for the PS360 and not the Wii.

[quote name='ninja dog']no because i'm lying[/QUOTE]

regardless... classic disney characters in a versus game could be really cool.

Played the hell out of MvC2 on the DC in high school. I'd definitely be in at full price for a third iteration.

It's not going to be full 1080p. You can count the number of retail native 1080p games on one hand. This won't be one of them.

[quote name='KingBroly']It's not going to be full 1080p. You can count the number of retail native 1080p games on one hand. This won't be one of them.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it also says in the article 720

edit: and OP fixed first post too

[quote name='KingBroly']It's not going to be full 1080p. You can count the number of retail native 1080p games on one hand. This won't be one of them.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. I was going from the source (which I swear!) did say 1080, but appears to be saying 720p now. I've adjusted the OP.

Speculation time....which characters would you add from either roster to this game? I'm hoping to bring back everyone but those new characters they created....just didn't like them. I think Frank West is on the top of my list.

[quote name='Puffa469']If there's gonna be a MvC3, will they use the SFIV engine, or the Tat vs. Cap engine?

I'm guessing the latter, but I hope the game is made for the PS360 and not the Wii.[/QUOTE]

I think the tvc engine is a modded sfiv engine, or at least they both have the same basic traits. That's just a wild guess.

Either way, Im going to break down the shit out of this game when it comes out. BELIEVE

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Well then, please don't troll here. Party pooper.[/QUOTE]

ummm, disney studios developing the game would not be a good thing. it was a joke. :lol:

[quote name='ninja dog']Sorry to crap on the good news, but Markman told me that Joss Whedon will be developing this game. [/QUOTE]

Fixed your joke.

[quote name='Puffa469']If there's gonna be a MvC3, will they use the SFIV engine, or the Tat vs. Cap engine?

I'm guessing the latter, but I hope the game is made for the PS360 and not the Wii.[/QUOTE]

One of the original articles stated it would be in the style of SFIV. I assume that means a modified engine of some sort.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']
Those Darkstalkers sprites in particular looked dated and poor quality even in MvC2.[/QUOTE]
The Darkstalkers looked fine. It's Morrigan who looked awful. Felicia, BBHood and Anakaris were great.

Anyway, I hope this ends up being more like Tatsunoko vs Capcom or the original Marvel vs Capcom than MvC2. MvC2 had a ton of characters and flashy moves, but that's about all it had going for it. (Of course, that's all it took for it to print money, too...)

I mean, for God's sakes, Akuma was only slightly better than Dan. Spider-Man was just as effective as Servbot. Chun Li and Hayato were bottom tier. Something was obviously wrong there.

bread's done
Back