Mortal Kombat $39.99 FSSS @ Amazon

Does anyone have a coupon code for the 10 dollar off 1? The Amazon folks want a code.
Totally denied, claimed they don't price match and never have LOL.

[quote name='tightclaws']Does anyone have a coupon code for the 10 dollar off 1? The Amazon folks want a code.
Totally denied, claimed they don't price match and never have LOL.[/QUOTE]
Same. Total BS. Got shot down twice but I'll get shot down 10 times before I stop LOL
Doesn't take much work anyway
Start Chat Session > Copy + Paste what I said to last rep > Hope for best > If it fails leave 1 star feedback for spiting purposes :3 > If succeeds buy 9000 copies lol

The guy gave me the same BS quote I've been getting and I was like "yeah thats what CS has been tellin me but you can just refund the difference" We'll see ...

EDIT: Got a $10 promo credit. Wanted to get a couple for some other peeps but 10 bucks is 10 bucks.
Now do I use the $10 credit on MK or just keep it..? I'll probably keep it and wait for it to drop to $30 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
For those worried about the online - it's been announced that a patch is coming that will improve the online experience.

[quote name='Xellos2099']How the hack can u pursuade amazon rep for a even bigger discount on the game?[/QUOTE]
I broke down the TRU $10 coupon situation for him and said how I was planning on returning the game to get it from TRU once it came in the mail. He stated their price match policy and blah blah and made me a "one-time" exception, bringing the price down to $30 on my order before the credit applied. I praised Amazon for all the good they do for the customers (gotta make them feel worthwhile). Total came to $23.77 shipped.

Had a bunch of Amazon credit, so it's not costing any real cash, definitely my willing-to-buy price after how much I enjoyed the demo.

[quote name='scarhawk']Same. Total BS. Got shot down twice but I'll get shot down 10 times before I stop LOL
Start Chat Session > Copy + Paste what I said to last rep > Hope for best > If it fails leave 1 star feedback for spiting purposes :3 > If succeeds buy 9000 copies lol[/QUOTE]

So you gave them a shit rating just because they wouldn't feed your sense of entitlement?

I just bought this friday for $50, is there any way to get $10 back or am I just out of luck? I dont really care but it would be nice.

[quote name='jordan1323']I just bought this friday for $50, is there any way to get $10 back or am I just out of luck? I dont really care but it would be nice.[/QUOTE]
Doesn't hurt to try.

[quote name='jordan1323']I just bought this friday for $50, is there any way to get $10 back or am I just out of luck? I dont really care but it would be nice.[/QUOTE]

You could just email amazon and ask them very nicely if they would refund you the difference because it just happened the other day. Your luck will vary though, I've had them refund me $5 on games and other times they wont budge because they do not have a price guarantee policy anymore.

[quote name='scarhawk']Same. Total BS. Got shot down twice but I'll get shot down 10 times before I stop LOL
Start Chat Session > Copy + Paste what I said to last rep > Hope for best > If it fails leave 1 star feedback for spiting purposes :3 > If succeeds buy 9000 copies lol[/QUOTE]

I hope you aren't serious. If so, that's bullshit.

I got Mortal Kombat literally 2 days ago from Amazon when it was $49.99. From other people's experience, if I talk to a customer service rep, is there anyways I can get them to give me a $10 credit for the price drop since they just now changed the price?

[quote name='Arelan']For those worried about the online - it's been announced that a patch is coming that will improve the online experience.[/QUOTE]

I only played online once a week ago, but it was super smooth and only got a little laggy at the end of a 2 hour session. It was 3 people playing King of the Hill mode in private (I was in St. Louis, the other players were in Tennessee and Atlanta.)

[quote name='EvilDave219']I got Mortal Kombat literally 2 days ago from Amazon when it was $49.99. From other people's experience, if I talk to a customer service rep, is there anyways I can get them to give me a $10 credit for the price drop since they just now changed the price?[/QUOTE]

If it hasn't arrived you usually can. If they say no, just reject the 49.99 shipment (when it arrive) and reorder it.

[quote name='Chemosh013']If it hasn't arrived you usually can. If they say no, just reject the 49.99 shipment (when it arrive) and reorder it.[/QUOTE]sadly the game actually got to me 2 days ago. I chatted with a customer service rep and they denied me a $10 credit, even though I pointed out I could just reorder the game, send it back in, and get a refund for the $49.99 order, effectively giving me $10 off (even though it's less after you figure in postage).

Trying to decide if it's worth it to reorder the game and send it back in to save effectively $5, or if I should just chat with another rep, point out the same thing, and hopefully get lucky.

I hope this is a joke because enough bullshit bad feedback like that can ultimately get reps fired from their companies. Reps have their bonuses, promotions and jobs tied to those CSAT (customer satisfaction surveys) scores. A really bad score would be under review from their managers.

As others have mentioned, what you are doing/did is not exactly nice or necessarily ethical. Trying to manipulate the generosity of Amazon's generally lax policies towards customer relations isn't the wisest thing to do -- for the sake of future deals and possible changes in policy that would make it more stringent for everybody. Amazon is a great company (buy mostly everything but certain food on there) and hate to seem them being taken advantage of so blatantly. Have we all finagled customer service here and there? Sure, but leaving negative feedback can have actual impact on their jobs.

Fortunately, Amazon keeps a copy of all the chat records; so the reps have evidence if questioned about the feedback. Nonetheless, doing this for a measly 10 bucks at the possible cost of something greater is not worth it. But hey, that is just my opinion and I have a strong bias towards Amazon.

Speaking of taking advantage, assholes on the Amazon discussion page for Mortal Kombat are discussing how to purposely lie to Amazon about their pre-order codes not working in order to get additional codes e-mailed to them. I wonder when Amazon won't be so generous in the future because of people continuously taking advantage of their lenient policies.

haha also there are lots of rage quitters in this game right when the finish him pops up you get get the message THIS SESSION HAS ENDED. Either way you get the win and they get the loss if this happens.

Agreed with people should not take advantage of Amazon's policy but they really should reinstate the price protection policy for legit buyers. Maybe they should have shorten it from 30 days to 14 days or offer only store credit but having zero price protection is not really fair to the buyers as all major retailers / etailers in the US has some sort of price protection policy. As big as Amazon is, having no protection is not acceptable. I fired off an email to them regarding this just now and hopefully it will get read by some one higher up for consideration.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Agreed with people should not take advantage of Amazon's policy but they really should reinstate the price protection policy for legit buyers. Maybe they should have shorten it from 30 days to 14 days or offer only store credit but having zero price protection is not really fair to the buyers as all major retailers / etailers in the US has some sort of price protection policy. As big as Amazon is, having no protection is not acceptable. I fired off an email to them regarding this just now and hopefully it will get read by some one higher up for consideration.[/QUOTE]

I agree the price protection is necessary and 14 days would be perfect and maybe with some other stipulations. But it needs to exist, even if in a bare form.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Agreed with people should not take advantage of Amazon's policy but they really should reinstate the price protection policy for legit buyers. Maybe they should have shorten it from 30 days to 14 days or offer only store credit but having zero price protection is not really fair to the buyers as all major retailers / etailers in the US has some sort of price protection policy. As big as Amazon is, having no protection is not acceptable. I fired off an email to them regarding this just now and hopefully it will get read by some one higher up for consideration.[/QUOTE]

Amazon just responded to my email. Below is a copy and paste. So like with notifying Amazon with a lower competitor's store price, if enough of us write to them, maybe they will consider reinstating the once superb policy.

Hello,

Thanks for your comments about the price drop policy. We'll consider your feedback as we plan further improvements.

Customer feedback like yours really helps us continue to improve our store and provide better service to our customers. Thanks for taking time to offer us your thoughts.

We hope to see you again soon.

Damn, this is really tempting. I have $49.95 in Amazon credit which would make this essentially free, leaving me with almost $10 left over. But I was planning to use this credit towards L.A. Noire.

What to do? Hmmm...

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Damn, this is really tempting. I have $49.95 in Amazon credit which would make this essentially free, leaving me with almost $10 left over. But I was planning to use this credit towards L.A. Noire.

What to do? Hmmm...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation and it sucks lol

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I'm debating whether to grab this now, or wait and see if the Kollector's Edition will get a price drop in a couple of months...[/QUOTE]

Same here... the kollectors edition is at $85 right now as if it drops to $50-$60 then I'm going to buy it!....

I had a rep call me. Told them the (true) story of going to TRU today and they didn't have any copies. Gave them the coupon number and she applied a ten dollar credit to my account. Amazon has always been great to me, but this is exceptional service. They never let me down.

[quote name='okwordyoda']I had a rep call me. Told them the (true) story of going to TRU today and they didn't have any copies. Gave them the coupon number and she applied a ten dollar credit to my account. Amazon has always been great to me, but this is exceptional service. They never let me down.[/QUOTE]
what's the coupon number? i may gave this a try.

tried with amazon and they shot me down. My toys r us is also out of stock but they wouldn't accept bringing it down to $30 i did the amazon chat maybe thats my problem should I call instead?

[quote name='Master Troll']I broke down the TRU $10 coupon situation for him and said how I was planning on returning the game to get it from TRU once it came in the mail. He stated their price match policy and blah blah and made me a "one-time" exception, bringing the price down to $30 on my order before the credit applied. I praised Amazon for all the good they do for the customers (gotta make them feel worthwhile). Total came to $23.77 shipped.[/QUOTE]
Do an amazon chat again and try to word it like I posted here.

By the way, my debit card was credited with the amount of the order before I got the price match, and my game has shipped and still no charge in the amount for my game post price match. Guess I got a free game.

Talking with a rep now, says he will adjust the price by $10 for me.

Edit: Was unable to price down $10 but they did apply a $10 promotional credit onto my account.

Just call in guys

[quote name='Calinks']How long is this deal?[/QUOTE]

Yeah does anyone know how long this deal lasts? Is it until TRU puts their price back up to $60 when the current sale ends?

[quote name='Mokilicious']Yeah does anyone know how long this deal lasts? Is it until TRU puts their price back up to $60 when the current sale ends?[/QUOTE]
I think they price matched Kmart and that deal runs until Saturday so I believe that's when it may end.

great we are now getting Amazon to price match coupons. What is next next time you will demand Amazon provide gift cards for games you buy. It's a coupon from Toy's R Us no online coupon codes. Some people take advantage of Amazons generosity. buy, hey more power to you. Once Amazon wakes up and sees whats going up the rest of us will begetting the burden

bread's done
Back