Mortal Kombat: Armegeddon now $19.99 at EB/Gamestop (PS2 / Xbox)

That might be a buyer now. Any deals that could be combined with this? I got MK: deception for Xbox I wanna trade in for this, anyone know off the top of their head what this is worth at Eb/GS? Bythe way, I assume 20 is the new price, so any idea of used price?

Edit: I would also llike to know about BC on 360.
Edit 2: yes it is BC on 360

[quote name='guyver2077']BOMBED?

didnt they announce that they broke the million mark recently?[/QUOTE]

I'd be extremely surprised if this broke any kind of million mark... it's seeing a 50% price cut in a little over three months?

Games that sell a ton don't drop that fast.

This game was freaking garbage, too. I paid $40 and sold it the day after I got it (got all my money back minus $3) because I had a feeling this game would get slashed in no time... don't see why anyone would pay full price for MK games anymore.

you can now have SF vs MK thanks to CAW mode :lol:

mka_sagat.jpg

mka_guile.jpg

[quote name='Roufuss']I'd be extremely surprised if this broke any kind of million mark... it's seeing a 50% price cut in a little over three months?

This game was freaking garbage, too. I paid $40 and sold it the day after I got it (got all my money back minus $3) because I had a feeling this game would get slashed in no time... don't see why anyone would pay full price for MK games anymore.[/QUOTE]

Deception had a large price cut soon after it's release, too.

Man, I would like the Premium Edition for MK3 Ultimate. Anyone know of any deals for Mortal Kombat Armededdon Premium Edition? I haven't seen it drop in price anywhere yet.

MK deception is worth $3.25 so I would trade it elsewhere. I took the collectors edition in and the moron said $3.25 so I said no.

[quote name='NWgamer666']That might be a buyer now. Any deals that could be combined with this? I got MK: deception for Xbox I wanna trade in for this, anyone know off the top of their head what this is worth at Eb/GS? Bythe way, I assume 20 is the new price, so any idea of used price?

Edit: I would also llike to know about BC on 360.
Edit 2: yes it is BC on 360[/quote]

Thanks OP, I had rented this awhile back and was waiting on a price drop so that I could finish unlocking everything.

MK armageddon is ok but not even worth $20 to me. I thought Deception was much better but that is just me. The best MK game out on xbox is Shaolin Monks and is worth $20.

[quote name='sendmesomegames']MK armageddon is ok but not even worth $20 to me. I thought Deception was much better but that is just me. The best MK game out on xbox is Shaolin Monks and is worth $20.[/quote]

Yeah Shaolin Monks was a huge surprise for me. I picked it up during the CC $8 sale and after playing it, I would have probably paid $30 for all the fun two player co-op it provided.

[quote name='Roufuss']I'd be extremely surprised if this broke any kind of million mark... it's seeing a 50% price cut in a little over three months?

This game was freaking garbage, too. I paid $40 and sold it the day after I got it (got all my money back minus $3) because I had a feeling this game would get slashed in no time... don't see why anyone would pay full price for MK games anymore.[/quote]

Never under estimate the power of mk!!! lol

Gaming review and preview website GameSpot have revealed that Midway Games announced today that their October 2006 release Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for PS2 and XBox has now sold over 1 million copies!

Ripping heads off torsos and dismembering bodies may not make good substitutes for parenting, but it sure does sell a lot of games. Midway Games today announced that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon has shipped 1 million units worldwide.​
This announcement happens to coincide with another milestone; that being that 2005's MK adventure spinoff Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks has also shipped 1 million copies, also on PS2 and XBox. Our congratulations to Midway and the MK team for these achievements!

Any reports of problems with BC on this game? I've been trolling the Xbox forums for a bit and have heard problems with one of the levels in HD play, any one know of this? I so wanna buy it but the apprehension of a game that wont work even though it is advertized as working really has me scared.

[quote name='guyver2077']Never under estimate the power of mk!!! lol

Gaming review and preview website GameSpot have revealed that Midway Games announced today that their October 2006 release Mortal Kombat: Armageddon for PS2 and XBox has now sold over 1 million copies!

Ripping heads off torsos and dismembering bodies may not make good substitutes for parenting, but it sure does sell a lot of games. Midway Games today announced that Mortal Kombat: Armageddon has shipped 1 million units worldwide.​
This announcement happens to coincide with another milestone; that being that 2005's MK adventure spinoff Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks has also shipped 1 million copies, also on PS2 and XBox. Our congratulations to Midway and the MK team for these achievements![/QUOTE]

I cry for the gaming future if shit like MK: Armageddon sells 1 million copies in three months.

Roufuss- MK has been around for a long time, can't name recognition (sp?) and franchise loyalty alone sell a bunch? This doesn't seem that surprising to me.

Also, it looks like Best Buy just dropped the price to Armegeddon to $19.99 too. So you can use the GGC on it and get it for $14.99.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Roufuss- MK has been around for a long time, can't name recognition (sp?) and franchise loyalty alone sell a bunch? This doesn't seem that surprising to me.[/quote]

exacltly... this is the only fighting game franchise i would buy on launch day without question...

[quote name='Roufuss']I cry for the gaming future if shit like MK: Armageddon sells 1 million copies in three months.[/QUOTE]

I cry for the people who think that the people who like MK really care that other people think it sucks.

[quote name='NWgamer666']Roufuss- MK has been around for a long time, can't name recognition (sp?) and franchise loyalty alone sell a bunch? This doesn't seem that surprising to me.[/QUOTE]

I guess... this game was just the disappointment of the year for me.

When you take out unique fatalities for each character, you're left with 56 characters who are only unique due to their special moves.

I felt that Boon and company cut ALOT of corners to get this out before it was ready. I mean, shit, I unlocked everything in a day, I think I spent maybe 5 - 6 hours playing the game =/

And for the record, Shippy, I love Mortal Kombat but I just felt this one was more or less "LOOK!!! We put in every character, we can cut corners and fans will buy it regardless for the novelty!!!".

Mortal Kombat Trilogy is how to properly make an MK compliation.. I wanted Armageddon to be the Trilogy for this generation but it fell way short.

$15 after GGC is about what its worth... $40 was robbery.

[quote name='Roufuss']I cry for the gaming future if shit like MK: Armageddon sells 1 million copies in three months.[/quote]

You should have started crying a long time ago when Enter the Matrix sold a ton of copies and went GH/Platinum for PS2 and Xbox.

yea while not perfect its still a must have for me since im a mk freak..

i was also dissapointed at the no specific fatalities...

i payed $40 though and dont regret it... at $20 its a steal

plus its bc already

Yeah the xbox version of MK Deception was trading for $3.25 a few weeks ago.
The bastards were selling it for $14.99 on the shelf so you know how it goes.

I don't think that GS will be bringing back the trade 3 deal back on xbox shit. The store looked like it was trying to get rid of all the cheaper xbox games.

I don't shop at GS anymore because they are out of their minds with some of the shit they do. I have 30 xbox games that I nolonger need but still refuse to contribute to these jerks.

[quote name='62t']shipped 1 million copies =/= sold 1 millsion copies[/QUOTE]

QFT

for all you know, there could be 400,000 copies sitting around best buys and game stops stock rooms around the US.

$10 is the price-point for me. I'm not big on the MK franchise (though I loved the classic ones as a kid - who didnt?), I just couldent get into the 3D entries though.

Warning to original XBOX owners.. The XBOX game has been made with a defect as it wont display on HDTV's in 720p. Ive bought and returned 3 copies until ive read about this on the IGN boards and heard it from retailers too. (which was prior to it being BC) So it was an issue to me. It runs with 720 turned off. NOw I can play it on my 360 so....

If you have a 360..Nevermind. Works fine in HD...

[quote name='billyknoxville']QFT

for all you know, there could be 400,000 copies sitting around best buys and game stops stock rooms around the US.[/QUOTE]

Apparently this is the case ;)

I thought that this game was really fun. I loved the Konquest portion of the game. I probably played it all day on Saturday.

I disagree with the person who said that it only took five hours to unlock everything. There are a ton of moves, clothes, etc that you have to buy under the create a kreate a fighter thingy.

DAMNIT! Why must this be so cheap? Well I guess come March I'll be able to find a real good deal on it, since It's already down to$19.99 MRSP. DAMN MY BUDGET DAMNIT TO HELL!

Thanks OP :(

The game wasn't bad, but wasn't as good as the game before it... it's the blandest of the three released recently so far. I had the PS2 version, but if this drops to $10 somewhere, I'll get it for Xbox again since I sold my copy.

Never saw the Xbox version but the 360 version looks... okay. You get wide screen. The textures look especially low rez though on an HD.

Do you guys know how much Best Buy charges for the special edition? You think they even have any copies left? I have a GGC and a $10 Reward Zone coupon that I want to waste... Just don't know on what yet. I'd get this just for UMK3 but the regular version doesn't come with it.

what's so special about the UMK 3 is it the arcade version? Not a huge MK fan but, I remember playing it back on Saturn/PS one back in the days just not that fun.

This game was freaking garbage, too. I paid $40 and sold it the day after I got it (got all my money back minus $3) because I had a feeling this game would get slashed in no time... don't see why anyone would pay full price for MK games anymore.[/QUOTE]

Because some of us still love the series? I got my LE version the day it dropped and the only thing I regret is not playing it enough. It's an awesome game, even if Konquest mode blows chuncks.

bread's done
Back