MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

The story mode in this game is so good. I find it kinda hard as well. It seems like they chose the order of characters based on what made sense in the story and not which characters are the easiest to play.

I got the CE Guide. It seems ok. The character cards are sorta interesting, the guide itself is a lot of screenshots. A lot of the content is just the stuff from the move list and corresponding screenshots. It's nothing like the MVC3 guide.

[quote name='screwkick']PROTIP:

Secret Treasure Chest Locations
In the Krypt, the following locations will give you secret treasure chests.

Deadlands: To the right of DL-52, left of the building

Hollow of Infestation: Along the wall, in front of a demon head sculpture

Meadow of Despair: To the right of the Necropolis entry

Bloodmarsh: Along the wall, in front of a demon head sculpture

They each contain 5,000 Koins; there are a total of 4 secret chests to give you an additional 20,000 Koins! Look for, and stand in small green areas on the ground that resemble green spiders moving around in a puddle.

Courtesy: IGN[/QUOTE]

I'm color blind. These things are nearly invisible to me. Here are youtube videos of the locations.

[quote name='eastx']You could fix that in 30 seconds or so. Of course, I only got into Twitter once I started working for a gaming website. Publishers and developers love to tweet.

Xilly: NP. :)[/QUOTE]

You're 100% correct. I (barely) used twitter before I started writing, but now that I do I use it 300% more often.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Holy shit does this online need a patch. Pronto. Can't even get anything going with a group larger than 3 people.[/QUOTE]Tell me about it. I gave up on KOTH tonight and then I couldn't even get a regular 1-on-1 player match going for the life of me. If I actually made it to the opening fight animation I'd get disconnected right away.

Also, I am fucking awful at this game. I know it's partially due to never using a stick until now, but god damn am I pathetic. I'm like 0-10 or something so far.

[quote name='timesplitt']cant play online becasue i rented :(

also am i the only one having trouble pulling of breakers?[/QUOTE]

If it has to do with playing a fighting game, you have trouble with it.

Good games tonight with multiple people from this thread. Finally got it working with a 6-person room after much effort. If they actually fix this thing it'll be fucking great.

Got 18.50 for one of my Jade costumes and 20.50 for my extra Ermac...and that's not really that crazy compared to some of the prices I've seen costumes go for. Jeezus. Still have one Jade to go.

What's the deal with the Kitana costume? Where were they giving that one away?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am surprised that the MK developers actually pulled off a fighting system that doesn't suck. Haven't seen that since UMK3.

Really enjoying the game, EASILY the best MK since U3.

All Blu-rays have Jade, right? Not some "specially marked copies" bullshit? Just want to double check before I pull the trigger on Amazon.

Is MK's online terribly laggy on the 360 side too? Cause I tried to play about 5 matches tonight, and only once did I even come close to being able to move well enough to mount any sort of offense (I of course still lost because no one picks anyone other than Scorpion.)

Having a pretty good time with the story mode, but lol omg all these characters do nothing but block.. and they hurt a lot harder. That's especially fun in those 1 vs 2 :roll:

My 1v1 via game request on friends is not laggy, but games with multiple people or strangers seem to lag a lot.

Any combo videos up or tutorials? I suck against my friends, and unlike mvc3 I can't figure out why.

[quote name='Trakan']All Blu-rays have Jade, right? Not some "specially marked copies" bullshit? Just want to double check before I pull the trigger on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you'll get it if you order from Amazon.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']I think Kitana was from TRU.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, that sounds right. Forgot about that.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, you'll get it if you order from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Did you use Ebay? I'd like to trade one for a Reptile code, but I doubt anyone would want to do that.

[quote name='xilly']Is MK's online terribly laggy on the 360 side too? Cause I tried to play about 5 matches tonight, and only once did I even come close to being able to move well enough to mount any sort of offense (I of course still lost because no one picks anyone other than Scorpion.)[/QUOTE]

It's pretty awful right now! They need to patch it BADLY just to be able to enjoy a match. Some of those lags completely froze matches or crashed the entire KotH mode. I actually thought the PS3 version was running better from what I heard than our version.

[quote name='Trakan']Thanks. Did you use Ebay? I'd like to trade one for a Reptile code, but I doubt anyone would want to do that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

Still just hoping they put all this crap up for sale on the marketplace eventually. There are like half a dozen costumes now that are part of this preorder/incentive stuff...they have to be seeing the price these things are going for on Ebay. They won't want to miss out on milking us for a few bucks.

[quote name='Trakan']All Blu-rays have Jade, right? Not some "specially marked copies" bullshit? Just want to double check before I pull the trigger on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

My Amazon copies had a sticker on em. I'd look for the sticker if your purchasing anywhere else.

[quote name='FowlBeast']Are there any tourney league's like CAGFC in the forums yet?[/QUOTE]

We should probably wait until they improve and/or patch the online stuff before trying to organize anything. Should definitely get something going once it is improved though.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah.

Still just hoping they put all this crap up for sale on the marketplace eventually. There are like half a dozen costumes now that are part of this preorder/incentive stuff...they have to be seeing the price these things are going for on Ebay. They won't want to miss out on milking us for a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

I think they have to put it on sale. For example, Jade's retro costume isn't even available on the 360 at all, through any venue. The Bluray only comes with a PS3 voucher.

Good games to everyone last night. As already said, the lag was atrocious and the netcode needs to be patched pronto.

Is there a way to see your Xbox's "NAT" settings since they updated the 360 dashboard? I didn't see it when I ran the network test last night. Also I realized that I hadn't done any proper port forwarding since I switched routers a year ago, so I'm wondering if my online problems are related to that. I've had other games play fine online, but with MK's lobby system maybe it's more particular about that sort of thing.

Last night I tried out the instructions on PortForward.com for Xbox 360 Live. Although now that I think about it, I didn't enter the Xbox's IP address so I may have just forwarded them to my PC? I'll double check that and make sure I did it right. Hopefully my online experience will improve. I was in a KOTH room last night and my connection seemed to drag the room down. :whistle2:( In the past I've actually gotten comments on my good connection and upload speed, and this was with the same ISP, so I'm assuming a lack of port forwarding is to blame.

GGs last night. NRS needs to fix this ASAP because the game is almost unplayable online. The way connections were working last night made absolutely no sense at all. The invite system is pretty stupid as well.

Guardian, Kensei, & I had a pretty good connection against each other but the input delay is noticeable. It really sucks because other than that, the game is great.
[quote name='BustaUppa']Is there a way to see your Xbox's "NAT" settings since they updated the 360 dashboard? I didn't see it when I ran the network test last night. Also I realized that I hadn't done any proper port forwarding since I switched routers a year ago, so I'm wondering if my online problems are related to that. I've had other games play fine online, but with MK's lobby system maybe it's more particular about that sort of thing. [/QUOTE]
The way it works when you run the network test is if there is no indication, you have an open NAT. It only warns you if you have a Closed or Moderate NAT.

[quote name='MtlTom']GGs last night. NRS needs to fix this ASAP because the game is almost unplayable online. The way connections were working last night made absolutely no sense at all. The invite system is pretty stupid as well.

Guardian, Kensei, & I had a pretty good connection against each other but the input delay is noticeable. It really sucks because other than that, the game is great.

The way it works when you run the network test is if there is no indication, you have an open NAT. It only warns you if you have a Closed or Moderate NAT.[/QUOTE]Ahhhhh okay! Huh. Oh well I'll try the port forwarding anyway, it sure couldn't hurt.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Is there a way to see your Xbox's "NAT" settings since they updated the 360 dashboard? I didn't see it when I ran the network test last night. Also I realized that I hadn't done any proper port forwarding since I switched routers a year ago, so I'm wondering if my online problems are related to that. I've had other games play fine online, but with MK's lobby system maybe it's more particular about that sort of thing.

[/QUOTE]

A few games will still list your NAT type. Specifically, I'm thinking of Monday Night Combat and Gears 3 Beta.

Question for those who have the game, is it easy to do fatalities on this one, or is it still some sort of 'code' that you have to do within seconds of the 'finish him' command?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Question for those who have the game, is it easy to do fatalities on this one, or is it still some sort of 'code' that you have to do within seconds of the 'finish him' command?[/QUOTE]

It's still a code you have to enter in, but they are VERY forgiving with the amount of time you have to input the command in before they fall down. They even show you in your move list in the pause menu how to do them as well as have a training mode solely for fatailities. You should be fine doing them in this game :)

Also, GGs to people from here last night! Took forever, but when the matches were working, KotH mode was a lot of fun.

Thanks for the info kburns10! That was one of my biggest problems with the MK series, trying to pull of a fatality and failing miserably.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Question for those who have the game, is it easy to do fatalities on this one, or is it still some sort of 'code' that you have to do within seconds of the 'finish him' command?[/QUOTE]

Fatalities have a special move input, just like the past games. I find them very easy to do (on a Hori EX Pad 2), but memorizing them is still a pain. You can always pause and look it up, in single-player anyway.

[quote name='lilboo']Having a pretty good time with the story mode, but lol omg all these characters do nothing but block.. and they hurt a lot harder. That's especially fun in those 1 vs 2 :roll:[/QUOTE]

I recommend turning the difficulty down a notch or two. Easy actually means easy in this one, which is nice.

[quote name='lilboo']Having a pretty good time with the story mode, but lol omg all these characters do nothing but block.. and they hurt a lot harder. That's especially fun in those 1 vs 2 :roll:[/QUOTE]

I recommend turning the difficulty down a notch or two. Easy actually means easy in this one, which is nice.

I did an arena fatality by mistake in the Living Forest, while trying to do Noob's fatality I pressed the wrong button. Kano got eaten by the tree. nom nom nom

Once we were all able to get in the lobby it was pretty fun last night. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want to play some games. Also, I have a reptile code I can trade. I'm looking for a mileena or sub zero code.

My only complaint is that the game won't allow me to pause during the story cutscenes. And then I'm forced to rewatch them if I quit to dashboard. I just don't have time atm to play the story in one sitting.

I am pretty decent at fighting games, I have beaten both SFIV and MvC3 on their hardest setting, but I played this one on easy last night. It wasn't hard, but it did still present a tiny bit of challenge with the blocking.

Oh, and Shao Kahn...still annoying as ever seeing as he blocks EVERYTHING :lol:

[quote name='100xp']I did an arena fatality by mistake in the Living Forest, while trying to do Noob's fatality I pressed the wrong button. Kano got eaten by the tree. nom nom nom[/QUOTE]

I love that thats a klassic.

Quick question about the alt costumes - do they have to be purchased in the Krypt or can they be unlocked through ladder mode? I know I got something krypt related after beating the ladder, but I don't know what it is.

I'm pretty sure you can unlock alts simply be beating the ladder with that character. You can also unlock them through the Krypt, but if you already have the alt, I believe it'll be replaced with something else.

I got Jade's alt from ladder, anyway.

Yeah, I got Cage's alt by beating the ladder.

Interested to know what would "replace" it in the Krypt though - I doubt they have extra stuff in there just sitting on standby. Maybe the old spend money/item opening/Shao Kahn laughs at you for wasting your money on nothing trick from the older Krypts?

bread's done
Back