MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

This and MK2 are my favorites. I did not like UMK3. (Except for the graphics.) But that was probably because of my playstyle.

If you like this MK, if you can check out MK vs. DC, you'll probably enjoy it, despite the lack of intense gore.

Also, I was thinking about Armageddon, the other day, and its "Kreate a Fatality" system, or whatever that was, was the laziest shit I've ever seen.

[quote name='100xp']i considered MK vs DCU a DC fighting game that had appearances of MK characters...and for that I liked it (being a comic book fan). I'd only play it again to do achievements but seeing as MK9 has some unreasonable mastery achievements...I won't have any time to play anything else.

I'm sure you know, you have to have your x-ray metere charged enough to perform a breaker as well, otherwise you won't be breakin nuffin.

on a side note: aren't we supposed to get Scarlet as free DLC sometime soon for a limited time?[/QUOTE]

Eventually she and Blind Kenshi will be DLC. Who knows when, though.

I absolutely hate the lag when trying to play online. I can't do anything with Sindel or Reptile. It's pretty annoying.

Speaking of DLC I just beat Kratos' ladder match in the PS3 version, and in it it features Fujin, who some of you might know was first introduced in MK4 and the God of Wind (Raiden's brother). I'd love for him to come back as a playable character, I always thought he was one of the better character creations post-MK3.

picture.php

^Wish I had that kind of money to burn.

I'm a little late to the Mortal Kombat party. I hope the pre-order costumes will be available in the future as purchasable download content. I'd be willing to pay maybe a $1 for each costume.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^Wish I had that kind of money to burn.

I'm a little late to the Mortal Kombat party. I hope the pre-order costumes will be available in the future as purchasable download content. I'd be willing to pay maybe a $1 for each costume.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that it's costume + a classic fatality and considering it's a big company I am sure they will try to milk money out of us for the costumes + fatality.

Anyone know how to get this: http://cgi.ebay.com/MORTAL-KOMBAT-J...VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item2a100d5a6d

A jade costume for X360? Didn't know it existed...howww?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nas6034']The problem is that it's costume + a classic fatality and considering it's a big company I am sure they will try to milk money out of us for the costumes + fatality.

Anyone know how to get this: http://cgi.ebay.com/MORTAL-KOMBAT-J...VideoGames_Merchandise_RL&hash=item2a100d5a6d

A jade costume for X360? Didn't know it existed...howww?[/QUOTE]

Well it's in british pounds, so maybe some stores in UK/Europe had different pre order bonuses than us. Wobder if the codes are region free..??

I don't think I can see myself spending more than $5-$10 on these things. The fact that they are easily going from $25-$30 and up is just sick. I mean.. it's a costume in game. Really.. really sick

I think one of the biggest reasons I was never a fan of any of the games past UMK3 is because the character designs were so terrible.

versus.png

imo the bidding on the reptile looks spiked, if you look at the bidding history. if your friend bids on your item and wins at $100 you can call'em up and say cool. and/or refund their money...next day, put the same item back on the market.

i sold my kitana for $20 yesterday.. add me for some king of the hill.. ill whip you with kung lao
xbl-kingtut313

Account linking is now working for me.

Finished story mode today.
Nice job of setting up a sequel. It'll be nice to have the Shinnok/Quan Chi storyline in a game that's actually fun to play. Always thought that was such a wasted opportunity...dude is a fallen elder god but the final battle against him in MK4 was hardly any different from a fight with any other character.

Nice job of setting up a sequel. It'll be nice to have the Shinnok/Quan Chi storyline in a game that's actually fun to play. Always thought that was such a wasted opportunity...dude is a fallen elder god but the final battle against him was hardly any different from a fight with any other character.

Just wondering how long story mode is? I am now using Kabal. I think he is chapter 13 so can someone tell me the number of chapters in the story mode?

[quote name='KaneRobot']Account linking is now working for me.

Nice job of setting up a sequel. It'll be nice to have the Shinnok/Quan Chi storyline in a game that's actually fun to play. Always thought that was such a wasted opportunity...dude is a fallen elder god but the final battle against him in MK4 was hardly any different from a fight with any other character.
[/QUOTE]

They'd have to give Shinnok a total makeover IMO. He's designed really poorly. I have faith though...just look at Striker now.

I tried the online last night, wow it's laggy as balls.
..and they really are gonna charge people that buy the game used to play online?!?!

...... please put out a patch.

[quote name='sendme']Just wondering how long story mode is? I am now using Kabal. I think he is chapter 13 so can someone tell me the number of chapters in the story mode?[/QUOTE]

You have
chapters left.

[quote name='lilboo']I tried the online last night, wow it's laggy as balls.
..and they really are gonna charge people that buy the game used to play online?!?!

...... please put out a patch.[/QUOTE]

I played a King of the Hill match last night that went really laggy. Of course after winning, I got 0 respect. Since the match before that and the match after wasn't laggy, I'm pretty sure it wan't on my end.

Yeah, online is a joke in this game. Even if they patch the netcode, the interface will still be bad.

Has anyone run into a glitch that resets your control config to default? This happened twice to me online.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Yeah, online is a joke in this game. Even if they patch the netcode, the interface will still be bad.

Has anyone run into a glitch that resets your control config to default? This happened twice to me online.[/QUOTE]

This has happened to me multiple times in the Challenge Tower.

[quote name='reddjoey']You have
chapters left.

I played a King of the Hill match last night that went really laggy. Of course after winning, I got 0 respect. Since the match before that and the match after wasn't laggy, I'm pretty sure it wan't on my end.[/QUOTE]

Good to know I don't have much left. I would like to get it done today and start on the tower.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']This has happened to me multiple times in the Challenge Tower.[/QUOTE]

It happens in challenge tower if you pause and view the mission's requirements.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']It happens in challenge tower if you pause and view the mission's requirements.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, that was my suspicion. What a random glitch.

[quote name='Jimbo Slice']Same way[/QUOTE]Thanks. For some reason the alternate costumes and unlocked fatalities weren't working that day but they were fine today.

I miss some of the characters old moves from UMK3. Like Stryker's front leaping hook thingy. To me he kinda feels incomplete without it.

I don't know if we can offer them up to trade but I have a Kitana code for the 360 and I'm looking for Sub-zero.

I couldn't find a thread in the for sale / trade forum.

I'm already getting smoked in most ranked matches. Wish I had played the hell out of this on days 1 and 2 to work on the achievement. Smoke, Ermac, Scorpion. That's all I'm seeing.

It's so fucking annoying how it takes forever to connect to a ranked match. Come on. Fix this shit.

At least you saw Smoke and Ermac. The few times I've been able to get it going, it always been Scorpion. I think I saw Noob once, and that was about it.

Scorpion doesn't say "Get the fuck over here" like he used to in the earlier 3D games, right?

That used to piss me off so much. Throwing in curse words for the sake of being edgy is annoying.

Any tips on doing the tag team assists in tutorial mode? I'm having a lot of trouble with these for some reason. When my opponent is standing still I could perform one of them with some luck, but once it goes to an opponent moving around, it seems impossible. I'm trying to do the Johnny Cage to Kung Lao tag assist which is RB, X+B. I can't get the Kung Lao tag to Johhny Cage to work at all (RB, RT+B).

I'm using a madcatz stick too with this setup:
FP Block BP
FK Tag BK

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Scorpion doesn't say "Get the fuck over here" like he used to in the earlier 3D games, right?[/QUOTE]
He does not, but now I really want to go back and play Shaolin Monks.

I didn't see it until today, but...Shang Tsung doing the R-rated version of Joker's fatality from MK vs DC is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I've been trying to get the 10 ranked wins. The matching system takes forever and now I'm getting my ass handed to me. My best is 8 with Sindel and today I got 6 with Raiden. 4 of those Scorpions. Too many laggy teleports. I'm getting up early in the morning to do this but I think I'm just going to give up. I can't perform hardly any of the combos or even strings that I can offline.

I like picking my character then backing off, then picking them again, rinse and repeat to get that wonderful
"John-John-John-Johnny-Johnny-Johnny Cage!" to piss off my opponents.

I'm severely disappointed in online play. Not only is it laggy but in order of popularity, everyone plays Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Smoke, Raiden, Cyrax, Sonya, and Noob.

It seems that most people only play characters that rely heavy on teleporting and/or severely incapacitating moves (freeze, spear etc).

I have resorted to just playing Quan-chi, Nightwolf, Sindel, and Jax - simply because nobody does (and the fact that I just get my ass kicked might be why).

Combos are nearly impossible to pull off, although some people seem to be able to routinely. Special moves are about a 50% success with this lag. Seriously, no word on a patch coming?

I ALWAYS give a 0 rating to anyone playing scorpion, and if a king of the hill doesn't start getting variety in his character choice, I give low scores too.

Question for those who pre-ordered from Amazon: did the Reptile code come inside the game box like the others do or was it a code that Amazon emailed out or something like that?
I am just wondering if there is the possibilty of ordering a copy from Amazon and still getting Reptile like you can still do for Kitana/Mileena/etc.

guys, i posted my auction up on this thread yesterday to show that i sold my reptile code for $$. some guy messaged me on ebay telling me to call the buyer a moron because (he claims) that he saw a message on twitter saying that the klassic costumes will become dlc for $5 total or per costume.

is that true??? i cant that info on boon's twitter or the mk twitter

[quote name='Maxflier']Question for those who pre-ordered from Amazon: did the Reptile code come inside the game box like the others do or was it a code that Amazon emailed out or something like that?
I am just wondering if there is the possibilty of ordering a copy from Amazon and still getting Reptile like you can still do for Kitana/Mileena/etc.[/QUOTE]

Comes in an e-mail. No guarantee you'll get anything now.

I only just now realized that the Kitana, Mileena and Ermac exclusives are costume-only, no classic fatality. I wonder why those got short changed?

bread's done
Back