MORTAL KOMBAT!!!! - "Komplete Edition" coming Feb 28th - see post 970

[quote name='Maxflier']I only just now realized that the Kitana, Mileena and Ermac exclusives are costume-only, no classic fatality. I wonder why those got short changed?[/QUOTE]

Sub zero, Scorpion, and Reptile were the 1st exclusives...then Walmart and TRU got wind of it and probably said we want them too but the ppl at MK probably said well... we only have this klassic outfits for you, in which they responded "We'll take'm!" As for Ermac? I dunno.

Everyone enjoying the game so far? Figure I'll pick it up soon. Have there been any patches for the netcode or whatnot? I heard King Of The Hill was practically impossible to play at the moment.

Will not having a fightstick be a huge problem? Is it still perfectly playable with a controller?

In other MK news, MK Legacy episode 3 is out on Mortal Kombat's facebook page. It's all about Johnny Cage.

I sure hope they release DLC for the Klassic costumes. I don't really like any of Ermac's costumes. The red just seems more awesome than his current stuff.

Seeing how the PS3 network is down looks like the 360 got something that PS3 owners didn't get and that is the online play. So for now online play is a timed exclusive for 360 owners.

A friend and I tried to play 1v1 with each other in a private match yesterday. It's just as laggy as king of the hill or any other mode.

They really need to fix this shit fast.

lol except online play is unplayable due to lag. however i was suggested to look for matches through the matchmaking system rather than by challenging people in the rooms. i heard that matchmaking system will find the best connection for you.. will try that later

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Everyone enjoying the game so far? Figure I'll pick it up soon. Have there been any patches for the netcode or whatnot? I heard King Of The Hill was practically impossible to play at the moment.

Will not having a fightstick be a huge problem? Is it still perfectly playable with a controller?[/QUOTE]

Seems everyone who's a fan of the game is really having a good time.

You might want to take advantage of some of the deals going on, i.e. TRU for $39.99 + Kitana's DLC outfit.

Online play still needs patching.

Most of my friend's play w/out a fightstick and they hold their own just fine...it has to be perfectly playable w/a controller and in some cases a lot of the moves can be executed with much less effort. Plus since there's a block button thumbstick or D-pad doesn't hinder your ability to block like it can in Capcom fighting games.

[quote name='GhostShark']In other MK news, MK Legacy episode 3 is out on Mortal Kombat's facebook page. It's all about Johnny Cage.

I sure hope they release DLC for the Klassic costumes. I don't really like any of Ermac's costumes. The red just seems more awesome than his current stuff.[/QUOTE]

I laughed at the cameo around 1:20.

[quote name='100xp']holy crap man...Reptile's DLC is still selling strong (so wrong) on ebay.[/QUOTE]
Really? Maybe I should post up my Reptile/Sub-zero/Mileena/Kitana codes. I just hate ebaying codes as I've gotten burned before.

[quote name='giantqtipz']lol except online play is unplayable due to lag. however i was suggested to look for matches through the matchmaking system rather than by challenging people in the rooms. i heard that matchmaking system will find the best connection for you.. will try that later[/QUOTE]

I've had the opposite problem. Matchmaking took forever, but the rooms, either public or private, worked fine. I've only played a handfull of matches, but that's been my experience so far.

[quote name='spectre666']Really? Maybe I should post up my Reptile/Sub-zero/Mileena/Kitana codes. I just hate ebaying codes as I've gotten burned before.[/QUOTE]

Reptile, Subzero, and Scorpion have the best values because of the rariety and they all come with a fatality. The rest not so much anymore now that some time has passed.

[quote name='spectre666']Really? Maybe I should post up my Reptile/Sub-zero/Mileena/Kitana codes. I just hate ebaying codes as I've gotten burned before.[/QUOTE]
I got two Reptiles.. I'm about to put one on ebay.. you won't get screwed if you clearly state in the auction. NO REFUNDS since there is no way for you to check to see if this code has been used once given to buyer. All sales final and no warranty expressed or implied. As IS! look at peoples feedback scores.. don't sell to people with 0 or very low or any negative feedback

I sell on there all the time and with 470 and 100% pos feedback I think I'm being pretty wise about it

There's a couple of interesting rumors going around about DLC...

The first is Freddy and Jason. I guess WB has the rights now, but I'm not a fan of this idea. The second is more interesting and has no real source that I can find. Got it from Neogaf.

MAY - DLC Pack 01 (Skarlet + Kenshi) [Previously confirmed, but not for a May release]
JUNE - DLC Pack 02 (Frost + Tanya) [Unlocked by completing Challenge 300]
JULY - Costume Pack 01 (Klassic Ninja Costume Packs) [Previously retailer exclusive]
AUGUST - DLC Pack 03 (Mavado + Rain) [Previously hinted at by Boon]
If true, I'm very interested in the Klassic Ninja Costume Packs and Rain. The pack better include Smoke's too. It's a bit disappointing that due to it being released first that it most likely wouldn't include Rain's klassic costume, but I'd be happy nonetheless.

If true, I hope you can buy individual characters, and you aren't forced into the pack. I'd want Kenshi and Rain, but wouldn't mind skipping the others.

you know they're going to sell them in bundles so they can charge more. then somewhere down the road sell a bundled costume pack like capcom.

i hope its true that the klassic costumes will be DLC soon. because i just placed my second reptile code up on ebay; and i main reptile; but i just cant pass up $$$

[quote name='GirlsRscandalouz']I got two Reptiles.. I'm about to put one on ebay.. you won't get screwed if you clearly state in the auction. NO REFUNDS since there is no way for you to check to see if this code has been used once given to buyer. All sales final and no warranty expressed or implied. As IS! look at peoples feedback scores.. don't sell to people with 0 or very low or any negative feedback

I sell on there all the time and with 470 and 100% pos feedback I think I'm being pretty wise about it[/QUOTE]

Nope, customer can file a charge back with the credit card company and there is no Paypal protection for you since a physical item has not been mailed with tracking number. Even if they file "unauthorized user" which has absolutely nothing to do with you. If you do have defense for this I would really like to know as I need it.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Nope, customer can file a charge back with the credit card company and there is no Paypal protection for you since a physical item has not been mailed with tracking number. Even if they file "unauthorized user" which has absolutely nothing to do with you. If you do have defense for this I would really like to know as I need it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, this is why I just held onto my Subzero costume. I'm sure many have gotten lucky, but I don't feel like dealing with the "I didn't get anything!" crowd.

all i do when i send codes via ebay is give the buyers everything that Amazon wrote to me in the original e-mail.

dont just send the codes. send the original email or copy and paste the contents.

Absolutely loving the game, but I'm having second thoughts about the 360 version. Aside from the lack of 3D support, the D-Pad is the main issue. With the demo on the PS3, the d-pad worked beautifully, but on the 360, as with almost every other game, the d-pad is horrible.

Aside from an arcade stick, what other options are there? Has anyone tried the 360 controller with the adjustable d-pad with Mortal Kombat?

That and I'm still going back and forth with Gamestop since I never received my Scorpion preorder code.

I guess to be safe you could always write down the code and send it in the mail with confirmation so they can't claim to not get it.

[quote name='sp00ge']Absolutely loving the game, but I'm having second thoughts about the 360 version. Aside from the lack of 3D support, the D-Pad is the main issue. With the demo on the PS3, the d-pad worked beautifully, but on the 360, as with almost every other game, the d-pad is horrible.

Aside from an arcade stick, what other options are there? Has anyone tried the 360 controller with the adjustable d-pad with Mortal Kombat?

That and I'm still going back and forth with Gamestop since I never received my Scorpion preorder code.[/QUOTE]

The silver controller does fine. If you're interested in having a really nice d-pad on 360 though, the Hori EX Pad 2 is the best there is:

41ndT5igfDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Pad-EX-Turbo-Black/dp/B002LT9PXQ/

[quote name='eastx']The silver controller does fine.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've been using and it's been doing great. I mostly just stick to the thumbstick, but for some characters I end up doing moves I don't want to (Want to uppercut with Raiden, but I do this electric grab move instead) so I'll switch to the dpad for those. Fatalites and the back, back, forward moves and easier to perform too.

I"m considering buying the TE version to get the stick, but I already have a fight stick and a fight pad. Do you think the TE stick is worthwhile for me?

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I"m considering buying the TE version to get the stick, but I already have a fight stick and a fight pad. Do you think the TE stick is worthwhile for me?[/QUOTE]

aside from maybe Pacman...the stick is really made just for Mortal Kombat. I'm sure you can play other shooters like Raiden with it or 1942 etc as well.

So if you can get a good deal on it, I say go for it...gamers can never have too many controllers. It's a solid stick and easily upgradable though it doesn't seem to need it.

If these have been posted already, I apologize.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BARAKA

FATALITY X - (punch) ← → ↓ → ·X·

FATALITY Y - (punch) → → ↓ ↓ ·A·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ·A·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) → ← → ·B·

CAGE (also: JOHNNY CAGE)

FATALITY X - (touch) → → ← ↓ ·A·

FATALITY Y - (punch) ↓ → ↓ → ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ← → ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) → ← → ·B·

CYBER SUB-ZERO

FATALITY X - (jump) ↓ ← ↓ → ·Y·

FATALITY Y - (jump) ↓ ↓ ← ↓ ·X·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ↑ ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ← → ·BLOCK·

** Complete stage XA of story mode to unlock Cyber Sub-zero

CYRAX

FATALITY X - (touch) → ↓ → ← ·Y·

FATALITY Y - (jump) ← ↓ ← → ·X·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ↑ ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ → ← ·Y·

ERMAC

FATALITY X - (jump) ↓ ↑ ↓ ↓ ·BLOCK·

FATALITY Y - (jump) → ← → ↓ ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↑ ↓ ↓ ·A·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ↓ ← ↓ ·Y·

JADE

FATALITY X - (full) ↑ ↑ ↓ → ·X·

FATALITY Y - (sweep) ← ↓ ← ↓ ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ← → ↓ ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ↓ → ↓ ·B·

JAX

FATALITY X - (touch) ← → → ← ·Y·

FATALITY Y - (punch) → → ← ↓ ·A·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ → ↓ ·X·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ↓ ↓ ·A·

KABAL

FATALITY X - (punch) ← → ← ↓ ·X·

FATALITY Y - (sweep) ↓ ↓ ← → ·BLOCK·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ·B·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) → ↓ ← ·A·

KANO

FATALITY X - (punch) ← ↓ ← → ·X·

FATALITY Y - (punch) ↓ ↓ → ← ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↑ ↑ ← ·B·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) → ↓ ↓ ·A·

KITANA

FATALITY X - (sweep) ↓ ↓ ← → ·Y·

FATALITY Y - (sweep) → ↓ → ← ·A·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) → ↓ ↓ ·A·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) → ↓ → ·B·

KRATOS (Playstation A only)

FATALITY X - (touch) ↓ ↓ ← → ·X· (Playstation A only)

FATALITY Y - (touch) ↓ → ↓ ← ·Y· (Playstation A only)

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ↓ ·A· (Playstation A only)

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ → ← ·Y· (Playstation A only)

KUNG LAO

FATALITY X - (sweep) ← → → ← ·Y·

FATALITY Y - (punch) ↓ ↓ → ← ·X·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ → ↓ ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ → ↓ ·Y·

LIU KANG

FATALITY X - (punch) → ← ↓ ↓ ·A·

FATALITY Y - (jump) ↓ ↓ → ↓ ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ↓ ·X·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ↓ ↓ ·B·

MILEENA

FATALITY X - (jump) ← → ← → ·Y·

FATALITY Y - (jump) ← → ← ↓ ·A·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ↓ → ← ·Y·

NIGHTWOLF

FATALITY X - (jump) ↓ → ↓ ← ·B·

FATALITY Y - (punch) ↓ ↓ → ← ·X·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ↓ ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) → ← → ← ·X·

NOOB SAIBOT

FATALITY X - (jump) ← → ← ↓ ·B·

FATALITY Y - (jump) ↓ ↓ ← ↓ ·BLOCK·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) → ↓ → ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) → ↑ → ·X·

QUAN CHI

FATALITY X - (sweep) → → ↓ ↓ ·X·

FATALITY Y - (sweep) ↓ → ↓ → ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ← → ↓ ·Y·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) → ↓ ← ·Y·

** Complete stage X6 of story mode to unlock Quan Chi

RAIDEN

FATALITY X - (jump) ↓ → ↓ → ·X·

FATALITY Y - (sweep) ← → → ↓ ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ↓ ·Y·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ← ↓ ·B·

REPTILE

FATALITY X - (sweep) → → ↓ ↑ ·A·

FATALITY Y - (sweep) ↓ ↓ → ← ·X·
If posted elsewhere, this was taken from IGN.com
DLC FATAL. - (jump) ← → ↓ ·BLOCK·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) → ↓ ↓ ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ← → ← ↓ ·A·

SCORPION

FATALITY X - (touch) → ↓ → ·Y·

FATALITY Y - (touch) ← → ← ·A·

DLC FATAL. - (jump) ↓ ↑ ↑ ·Y·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) → ↓ ↓ ·Y·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ← → ↓ ·Y·

SEKTOR

FATALITY X - (full) → ↓ ← → ·A·

FATALITY Y - (full) ↓ ↓ → ← ·X·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ → ↓ ·BLOCK·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ← ↓ ↓ ↓ ·B·

SHANG TSUNG

FATALITY X - (sweep) ← ↓ → ·A·

FATALITY Y - (jump) ↓ ↓ ← ↓ ·Y·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↑ ↑ ← ·X·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ← ↓ ·A·

SHEEVA

FATALITY X - (sweep) → ↓ ↓ → ·X·

FATALITY Y - (punch) → ← → ← ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ·X·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ↓ ↓ ← ·B·

SINDEL

FATALITY X - (sweep) ← → ↓ → ·X·

FATALITY Y - (sweep) ← → ↑ ·Y·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ↓ ↓ ↑ (there is no button for this finisher)

SMOKE

FATALITY X - (sweep) ← → ← → ·X·

FATALITY Y - (punch) ← ← ↓ → ·Y·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) → ↑ ↑ ·X·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ← ↓ → ↓

SONYA BLADE

FATALITY X - (jump) ↓ ↓ ← → ·X·

FATALITY Y - (sweep) ↓ ← → ← ·B·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) ← → ↓ ·Y·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ← → ↓ ← ·A·

STRYKER

FATALITY X - (punch) → ↓ → ·A·

FATALITY Y - (punch) ↓ → ↓ → ·BLOCK·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) → ↑ ↑ ·A·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ → ↓ ← ·Y·

SUB-ZERO

FATALITY X - (sweep) ← → ↓ → ·B·

FATALITY Y - (punch) ↓ ← ↓ → ·Y·

DLC FATAL. - (touch) → ↓ → ·Y·

PIT FATAL. - (vary) → ↓ ← ·Y·

BABE-ALITY - (jump) ↓ ← ↓ ·B·

Actually yes there is paypal protection for seller.
You can email them the code, but be sure to mail the code card with delivery confirmation afterwards. It will cost you maybe 2 dollars to do this and guarantees your sale is final. Keep the receipt, USP tracking number, and whatever else. File it in a drawer somewhere until the 3 month time window is up.

[quote name='100xp']holy crap man...Reptile's DLC is still selling strong (so wrong) on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Yea. Now i feel dumb for only getting $25 for mine. There are some for $50 plus. Atleast it looks like they will be released on the marketplace

MK9 arcade stick is pretty sweet. I beat my friend with my feet using it and he now feels compelled to take his copy of MK9 to gamestop based on the shameful loss.

[quote name='wargod']MK9 arcade stick is pretty sweet. I beat my friend with my feet using it and he now feels compelled to take his copy of MK9 to gamestop based on the shameful loss.[/QUOTE]

...i knew kung lao was OP.

yea i won like 7 straight matches with reptile and lost my first to a kitana spammer.

Necro Naesala thats the dudes name. pain in the ass. when im far away, hewould spam the fans, and when i get close to him, he executes the move that flies kitana to the other side... wtf?

i was his first win too -_- oh well, he wasnt hard at all. but i swear that lag delays everything i press.

can you slide under kitana's fans? (idk, i don't play reptile much yet) I know her fans hit standing, duck/blocking, and jumping characters.

[quote name='100xp']can you slide under kitana's fans? (idk, i don't play reptile much yet) I know her fans hit standing, duck/blocking, and jumping characters.[/QUOTE]

i didnt try sliding under her fans but i assumed its not possible since she throws two fans that are big enough to cover the center and lower part of the screen.

i jumped over her fan many times, but kitana's recovery from throwing the fan is very quick; and when i jumped over the fan, the guy performed that move i described above, where kitana flies over the other side of the screen, hitting anyone in her way.

imagine reptile's elbow dash, but in the air. (couldnt find a video of kitana performing that move)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK_nWAigiXE

basically that move of hers is great for escaping corners, maneuver around the arena, annoying close range fighters and punishing jumpers.

oh I know Kitana's moves well, I was just wondering if you could slide under her fans. I know that some projectiles can be slid under w/Subzero's slide. I figure Reptile's slide is the same. I'll try it tonight and see if it's possible.

can't even find a Player Match on this damn game. Never had problems finding matches on mvc3, mvc2, kof or other fighting games. Is the online for this game dying already?

-Edit- Just tried Ranked as well, no luck. Looks like this game will hit the sales bins quick.

[quote name='intoxicated662']can't even find a Player Match on this damn game. Never had problems finding matches on mvc3, mvc2, kof or other fighting games. Is the online for this game dying already?

-Edit- Just tried Ranked as well, no luck. Looks like this game will hit the sales bins quick.[/QUOTE]

you sound like 1/2 the community that complains about Reach...it's the servers that's the problem, with the lag that ppl are experiencing it's no wonder you'll have a hard time finding matches with randoms. even if the online community vanished, I'd still play the crap out of this game with locals. Fix the servers and you'll fix the problem.

What's your point? You sound like an ignorant person who missed what I was trying to say so let me point out the obvious for you. No one is currently playing this game online. It's not on me to fix anything as it's not the consumers fault. Enjoy playing your game with "locals" then. That's why lot of people don't buy fighting games anymore and they lose value quick.

Apparently I missed what you were trying to say.

...and I will continue to enjoy playing with locals until they fix the lag issue on their servers.

Who peed in your coffee, intoxicated? Oh wait, you talk like that way more than half the time. Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen intoxicated post one positive thing ever (nor have I ever seen anyone agree with him, loooool).

It takes forever to match-make, but the games are there. It's not efficient, but you can still play.

Going to pick this up tomorrow. Lolwut, I'm guessing you took me off the ol' friends list since I never played anything, eh? :) Sorry about that, that'll change.

[quote name='intoxicated662']What's your point? You sound like an ignorant person who missed what I was trying to say so let me point out the obvious for you. No one is currently playing this game online. It's not on me to fix anything as it's not the consumers fault. Enjoy playing your game with "locals" then. That's why lot of people don't buy fighting games anymore and they lose value quick.[/QUOTE]

There are TONS of people playing this game. Just look in the rooms.

Just because player/ranked match is apparently broken doesn't mean there aren't people playing.

I completely suck at fighters and don't normally play them. I also just have the crappy 360 controller. But if anyone wants to hone their skills on MK, my XBL name is MattNY.

So, Challenge Tower decided to freeze as it was saving my progress on Challenge 250.

All Challenge Tower progress, 100% story, costumes, fatalities, Krypt progress, and about 250,000 koins... everything wiped.

fucking bullshit.

[quote name='GuardianE']So, Challenge Tower decided to freeze as it was saving my progress on Challenge 250.

All Challenge Tower progress, 100% story, costumes, fatalities, Krypt progress, and about 250,000 koins... everything wiped.

fucking bullshit.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, buddy. That sucks! Lemme know if your respect points got wiped too. I can help with that.

bread's done
Back