Mortal Kombat Tournament Edtion 59.99 at Best Buy YMMV

icehouse

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy, trying to get a 9.99 copy of Borderland, and saw MK tournament Ed for 59.99. The only one they had in stock was the xbox 360 version. They had one left. Hope this can help someone. Augusta Maine Best Buy

Anyone know if BB would transfer inventory to another store? I wanted to see if I could buy from another state and have it shipped to my location.

No one with in 100 miles or me has a 360 version. One store might have the PS3 version. Ill take a shot and try to get it.

[quote name='shadow17x']Anyone know if BB would transfer inventory to another store? I wanted to see if I could buy from another state and have it shipped to my location.[/QUOTE]

I tried this a few months ago with someone here on the boards that works at BB when Mafia 2 Collectors was $40. They transfered it out and sent me a pm when it arrivied at my store here. When I called the store they the MGR had no idea what I was talking about, even though it had my name and phone number on the transfer sheet and said they didnt do store to store transfers. Two week s later I was in the same store and what was on the shelf, the Mafia 2 Collectors that was shipped there for me. If you can find someone to do it good luck, hope you have better luck then me, lol.

[quote name='jcmeadows']No one with in 100 miles or me has a 360 version. One store might have the PS3 version. Ill take a shot and try to get it.

I tried this a few months ago with someone here on the boards that works at BB when Mafia 2 Collectors was $40. They transfered it out and sent me a pm when it arrivied at my store here. When I called the store they the MGR had no idea what I was talking about, even though it had my name and phone number on the transfer sheet and said they didnt do store to store transfers. Two week s later I was in the same store and what was on the shelf, the Mafia 2 Collectors that was shipped there for me. If you can find someone to do it good luck, hope you have better luck then me, lol.[/QUOTE]

I called multiple states and finally found a copy. They are transferring it to my location so hopefully I'll have it in hands soon. I figure it's worth a shot so we'll see what happens.

[quote name='Ace!']Bought the only 2 copies at my store in Valdosta, GA.

Also had 2 Killzone Helghast, but left those there.[/QUOTE]

You're the guy!!! I was on hold with the rep when she said a guy just picked up the last two we had and is walking out to pay for them now. I wanted her to tackle you and force one away. Nice find man. I don't blame you for snagging these at this price.

[quote name='shadow17x']You're the guy!!! I was on hold with the rep when she said a guy just picked up the last two we had and is walking out to pay for them now. I wanted her to tackle you and force one away. Nice find man. I don't blame you for snagging these at this price.[/QUOTE]
You're a good sport.

Alas, all I've been able to find is a single PS3 version.

[quote name='shadow17x']I called multiple states and finally found a copy. They are transferring it to my location so hopefully I'll have it in hands soon. I figure it's worth a shot so we'll see what happens.

You're the guy!!! I was on hold with the rep when she said a guy just picked up the last two we had and is walking out to pay for them now. I wanted her to tackle you and force one away. Nice find man. I don't blame you for snagging these at this price.[/QUOTE]

I heard an employee asking another about a big price drop on MK and they said, he must have the last two.

I didnt turn back. Sorry.

@naramie, I went the MadCatz route, but I want to caution people on how expensive that is over MK TE for $59. Getting a MadCatz stick will set you back $120-$170, the MK plate costs $39 or $49 for the one with extra Samwa buttons.

I used both sticks and I think the MadCatz stick with an MK plate is better. The buttons are closer, more responsive, and the stick isn't as stiff as the MK TE.

With all that in mind, how much cash do you want to drop on a stick that's only good for MK?

Searched and the only one i could find in NC was in durham. Just stopped in 45the min ago and they have the PS3 version but it was still full price. So close lol.

when i the employee looked it up for me they didn't see any Xbox in the NorCal region but for what it's worth there was 1 PS3 in Chico, CA. So I'd keep an eye on the PS3 one down the line. their computer showed it as $59.99 for the Xbox. this price must be a nationwide drop, I don't think this is YMMV.

None available within a million miles for me. However I do see one PS3 version in stock for my local Best Buy. I noticed it on the shelf when I went to grab some $10 games on Sunday, but didn't think to look twice at the price. Alas, I decide to go back and check it out for myself tonight, not knowing that they close at 9:00 as I pull up at 9:02. Guess I'll give it a shot after work tomorrow. Not expecting much, but the store is at least on the way.

[quote name='URABAHN']@naramie, I went the MadCatz route, but I want to caution people on how expensive that is over MK TE for $59. Getting a MadCatz stick will set you back $120-$170, the MK plate costs $39 or $49 for the one with extra Samwa buttons.

I used both sticks and I think the MadCatz stick with an MK plate is better. The buttons are closer, more responsive, and the stick isn't as stiff as the MK TE.

With all that in mind, how much cash do you want to drop on a stick that's only good for MK?[/QUOTE]

MadCatz TE stick can be found on eBay and Craigslist for under $100. I got mine for $70 total on eBay and it was fully functional. Even if the buttons are messed up it's pretty cheap and easy to repair.

I suggest the MadCatz TE over the PDP MK9 stick because it's more versatile, granted it costs more but it can be used for alot more games where as the PDP MK9 game is only good for MK9 and the earlier MK titles. I love the cabinet of the MK9 stick though, the thing is legit.

[quote name='bsmiff']Yeah, it's definitely a confusing design choice even for the game it's made for. Doing an x-ray move just feels funky with the odd trigger button placement. That said, this is my first home fight/arcade stick since the NES Advantage, so I'm loving it, especially for retro games and XBLA titles.[/QUOTE]

You can do X-Ray on Xbox by hitting LT and RT or you can press A+B+RT so it's not a huge deal, just a stupid design on their part.

[quote name='Naramie']You can do X-Ray on Xbox by hitting LT and RT or you can press A+B+RT so it's not a huge deal, just a stupid design on their part.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? Thanks for the tip, I had no idea.

During my drive home from the holiday weekend, I was lucky enough to pass through a town that had 1 MK TE stick in. Snagged it for $63 bucks with tax. WOW! Definitely the best CAG deal I've ever found. Wouldn't have come across it without this link. Big thanks to the OP.

[quote name='Naramie']
I suggest the MadCatz TE over the PDP MK9 stick because it's more versatile, granted it costs more but it can be used for alot more games where as the PDP MK9 game is only good for MK9 and the earlier MK titles. I love the cabinet of the MK9 stick though, the thing is legit.[/QUOTE]

If you've got the courage, you can also mod up the PDP MK stick to make it more accessable to other games. I cut a new plate top and relocated the RB + LB buttons. fun!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:ps3: SKU: 1991053
Found here: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/199...ent-edition-playstation-3-reviews/reviews.htm

Stock locator link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode

:360: SKU: 1991123
Found here: http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/199...urnament-edition-xbox-360-reviews/reviews.htm

Stock locator link: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...getype=page&listflag=true&pageMode=searchmode[/QUOTE]

They deleted sku...I was called near BB check sku#1991123 they said there is no sku 1991123 some how this link still shows up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']wired is GOOD. Wired tournament sticks are garbage. Are you sure they're wired? I could have sworn hearing they were wireless. Thats one of the reasons i didn't bother looking into it

If its wired i may look into this[/QUOTE]

That's a juicy contradiction.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Is the store locator accurate or should I call to make sure?[/QUOTE]

It's best to never call about a good deal, you run the risk of the employee taking the deal for themselves. I'm not too sure how accurate it is, but it did indicate there was one in my local BBY and it was right. If it's not too far, you should just go check it out for yourself. Try to do some other important things around the area if you can to make the trip feel more worthwhile if there is no Tournament Edition like going to Chipotles. Hard to resist those beef torpedoes.

[quote name='karatebear']It's best to never call about a good deal, you run the risk of the employee taking the deal for themselves. I'm not too sure how accurate it is, but it did indicate there was one in my local BBY and it was right. If it's not too far, you should just go check it out for yourself. Try to do some other important things around the area if you can to make the trip feel more worthwhile if there is no Tournament Edition like going to Chipotles. Hard to resist those beef torpedoes.[/QUOTE]

Haha, problem is the only store that lists it in stock is over an hour away. Could I just call a different Best Buy and see what the local incentory is?

[quote name='karatebear'] Hard to resist those beef torpedoes.[/QUOTE]

It sucks. I get heartburns and the last time I ate at chipotle, i got a really severe heartburn. I'm only 20 too.. I feel fucking old

So if one were to accidentally find one of these, it should count during next week's B2G1, since they don't seem to exclude clearance games in the fine print, correct?

[quote name='splintercell']So if one were to accidentally find one of these, it should count during next week's B2G1, since they don't seem to exclude clearance games in the fine print, correct?[/QUOTE]

If you find this and wait till next week for a possible B2G1, you should be stoned.

[quote name='confoosious']If you find this and wait till next week for a possible B2G1, you should be stoned.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. It's a $90 discount; if you wait on it once you'll probably regret it.

[quote name='splintercell']So if one were to accidentally find one of these, it should count during next week's B2G1, since they don't seem to exclude clearance games in the fine print, correct?[/QUOTE]

I think you should buy now and then next week return/rebuy with 2 other games you want.

bread's done
Back