Mortal Kombat Vita $10, Batman: AC GOTY $30, Batman: AA GOTY $10 Gamestop (Dead)

Donut2922

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Gamestop has on sale new copies of:

Mortal Kombat (Vita) $9.99
Batman: Arkham City GOTY (360/PS3) $29.99
Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY (360/PS3) $9.99
Mortal Kombat Komplete (360/PS3) $19.99
Witcher 2 (360) $29.99
Lollipop Chainsaw (360/PS3) $39.99
Dirt Showdown (360/PS3) $39.99

Used prices are also all discounted accordingly.

The link to the final week of the Gamestock 2012 sale can be found here.

Walked into a GS here in Vegas and was looking at MK Vita when an employee gave me a heads up it was going to be on sale for $10 soon in case I was gonna buy it. I asked about any upcoming B2G1 for preowned games and he wasn't aware of one but said it's still possible since its usually a weekend type of promo instead of a weekly one.

Update courtesy of

Esalw - MK Komplete sale is live already.
Tatum - Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY $10

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='typesdragon']lock in your trade now with amazon for batman. It is 20.25[/QUOTE]
Well that was fast already dropped to $9

[quote name='tastudent2003']Not sure about the $10 MK Komplete Deal tomorrow - looks like it's already $10 off this week and it's $29.99, so if the next deal is $20 off, looks like it may just drop it to $19.99 (if $29.99 is already the discounted price). Then again, there isn't a slash across the price on their website like most discounted games on sale, so we may get lucky.[/QUOTE]

Interesting point. Hopefully we get lucky on this :D

[quote name='$hady']If you've played neither....... $10 Batman GOTY or $30 Batman GOTY is the 2nd that much better? I'm thinking i'll FINALLY try AA and get AC later if all goes well.[/QUOTE]

both are worth 60. both are easily the best batman games ever made. and even without the name of batman they are both solid.

Arkham City is a far superior game, but they're both great. If you have the time, get AA for $10 now and play it, then get AC in a couple months when it's down to $20. You don't want to play AC FIRST, because you'll be bummed when AA isn't as cool. AA first, you'll think it's awesome and be impressed by the improvements in AC later.

And there are scads of AC on the market, it will keep dropping until they're passing them out with Domino's Pizzas.

[quote name='$hady']If you've played neither....... $10 Batman GOTY or $30 Batman GOTY is the 2nd that much better? I'm thinking i'll FINALLY try AA and get AC later if all goes well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the prospect of getting all DLC included complete versions of both of these games for $40 is insane. Both are absolutely awesome games that shouldn't be missed by anyone who has ever enjoyed Batman even a little (or action/adventure games in general)

Agree, all batman games this generation are awesome. The mortal kombat for vita has so much content it's a great purchase even if you don't own a vita. First time I best Shao Khan was on the vita. Dude was such a pain in my butt.

[quote name='deathsaber']Yeah, the prospect of getting all DLC included complete versions of both of these games for $40 is insane. Both are absolutely awesome games that shouldn't be missed by anyone who has ever enjoyed Batman even a little (or action/adventure games in general)[/QUOTE]

Agree both are great. The DLC for AA isn't a big deal. No story mode additions just challenge maps and stuff like that. There is some story mode with the AC GOTY so that is the better buy in my book.
Bottom line is get both to play and not to backlog.

[quote name='typesdragon']lock in your trade now with amazon for batman. It is 20.25[/QUOTE]

I have collectors edition..no box. :(

[quote name='kylerg']I have collectors edition..no box. :([/QUOTE]

I have it too. I traded my vanilla for $21 at GS AFTER a 40% bump, so trade in was $15 at the time. This was 2 weeks ago IIRC.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']So I won't be missing out on anything important if I end up buying MK Komplete used? I'm not worried about a soundtrack or movie.[/QUOTE]

Correct. OST and movie are the only extras that aren't on the disc.

[quote name='Geco17']I have it too. I traded my vanilla for $21 at GS AFTER a 40% bump, so trade in was $15 at the time. This was 2 weeks ago IIRC.[/QUOTE]

Estimator says 13..if it is 50% bonus then 19.5 ain't bad.

[quote name='GUNNM']Well that was fast already dropped to $9[/QUOTE]
That's cuz every lurker on here probably 'locked in' the damn price.:roll::whistle2:# If they really do put MK Komplete for :360::ps3: on sale for $9.99 though I may have to spend real cash at GS for the first time in a couple of years. Albeit the only reason I'd buy it is to have the vanilla game back again. I'd probably just eBay the movie/soundtrack codes or trade them here for something I want.
[quote name='Deserter Goose']So I won't be missing out on anything important if I end up buying MK Komplete used? I'm not worried about a soundtrack or movie.[/QUOTE]
If the game were to drop to $10 new it'd be kinda silly to buy it used since you could at least get something for the movie/soundtrack codes on here from other folks, thus making your purchase of the game for $10 even cheaper.:D

Should I get both Batman games? hmm if AA is 9.99 then definitely but I'm not sure about AC? should I waited until $20~ ? but that would be until next year right? lol :D

I wonder what time this will go live for online. Some people are saying there already adjusting the prices in store but I don't have a store.

Some stores just couldn't wait till tomorrow could they? xD

[quote name='Kai984']Should I get both Batman games? hmm if AA is 9.99 then definitely but I'm not sure about AC? should I waited until $20~ ? but that would be until next year right? lol :D[/QUOTE]

I recommend both! I recently played through the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC for AC, and started playing through Batman AA again. Both good games, but start with AA.

Not seeing Arkham City on the site at $30.

But yah, trade in Collector's Arkham disc for the GOTY and get everything for $12 is not bad..

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Reeeeeally wondering if MK Vita will be $10, again.[/QUOTE]Um...it's in the thread title and OP, so it should be?

I hope everyone remembers that the PS3 version of both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City do not carry over saves to the GOTY editions. I made that mistake....:cry:

Am I the only one that thought Asylum was far superior to Ark City? I thought there were some cool moments like the Freeze fight but nothing that makes me want to re-play the campaign. I even thought the side quests were tedious, which is why I traded the game in for a profit after a few days.

Is any of the dlc content spectacular, or this a pass for those that aren't enamored by the main game?

[quote name='Vigilante']Um...it's in the thread title and OP, so it should be?[/QUOTE]

Interesting they'd do it twice.

[quote name='Spideyman20015']I hope everyone remembers that the PS3 version of both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City do not carry over saves to the GOTY editions. I made that mistake....:cry:[/QUOTE]

Good thing I haven't started mine. :)

After trading my $10 Best Buy copy for $2x.xx, it'll be like getting GOTY for $20!

[quote name='Spideyman20015']I hope everyone remembers that the PS3 version of both Arkham Asylum and Arkham City do not carry over saves to the GOTY editions. I made that mistake....:cry:[/QUOTE]Someone who platinumed both games might welcome the opportunity to start fresh and re-earn trophies...;)

[quote name='Huda_man21']BB TIV for MK Vita is around ~$20 right now if you factor in their current 50% trade-in bonus deal.[/QUOTE]If I hadn't already traded in a copy to BBY the last time GS had it for $10 (and got ~$24 for it, IIRC), I'd be up for this. Definitely a sizable profit to be made either way.

[quote name='Havok83']I really hope Batman AA is really $10 and not just a false alarm like last week. Id PM at BB but none of the ones enar me carry it

I will see if I can PM MK:K to BB and jus trade in my regular copy at Amazon for $19

Its as simple as printing the website page to paper. Heck you can even show them your phone if you have a smartphone[/QUOTE]

What about WalMart price matching? They say they don't need the ad, so how do they verify what you say it is? They have the Batman GOTY with Gotham City Imposters installed on it so that is why I ask. Also, they say on the website they don't pricematch %off sales. What about $off sales in this case?

[quote name='Vigilante']If I hadn't already traded in a copy to BBY the last time GS had it for $10 (and got ~$24 for it, IIRC), I'd be up for this. Definitely a sizable profit to be made either way.[/QUOTE]

Flippers gonna flip...just leave some copies for those of us that want a copy please :D

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Since I just purchased Arkham City GOTY last week at full price, you have my permission to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Thats always such a kick on the knees. :cry:

Anyway I was hoping to get the CE for around 30$ or less, but I don't think BB will do that again. Specialy since last time they did that it sold out in less then a few hours in AZ. So ill keep holding out for that deal since I care more about the art book and statue then I do about all the DLC. Hopefuly it happens again and this time I find out in time to snatch one.

[quote name='SolidSnake86']Since I just purchased Arkham City GOTY last week at full price, you have my permission to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

You are not a CAG if you buy a game that has been released for awhile at full price. ;)

[quote name='SkiLLs7984']Just called my local GS and trade in for B:AC is $6 base :(.[/QUOTE]

Arkham City TIV is $15 base.

So is MK Komplete going to be $9.99 or it's current $29.99? I'm still konfused about that...sorry had to do it.:D

[quote name='Vigilante']Someone who platinumed both games might welcome the opportunity to start fresh and re-earn trophies...;)[/QUOTE]
The SAVE doesnt carry over for AC, the trophies however do. You cant re-earn trophies unless you use a new account. For someone who didnt platinum the game, you will have to start all over

[quote name='inky1600']What about WalMart price matching? They say they don't need the ad, so how do they verify what you say it is? They have the Batman GOTY with Gotham City Imposters installed on it so that is why I ask. Also, they say on the website they don't pricematch %off sales. What about $off sales in this case?[/QUOTE]
There computers are hooked up to the internet so they can look up the price. They also might call the store to see if its that price in store. IMO, WM isnt that great with PM. They dont even PM their online prices and the few times Ive gone there, they've given me a hassle. Ive always found BB to be much easier. Id try WM if you really want GCI, but dont be surprised if they give you more of a headache

[quote name='TheBiz']So is MK Komplete going to be $9.99 or it's current $29.99? I'm still konfused about that...sorry had to do it.:D[/QUOTE]

Something im still confused about too.

I think some people are confusing themselves.. I read some earlier comments about Mk Komplete being 9.99.. but the OP says the Vita version will be 9.99, not Komplete. Komplete will be 29.99 according to the OP.

[quote name='KENFL0']Is Batman AC and AA worth it for just the DLC ? since I already beat both games[/QUOTE]

With AA you can re-earn your achievements / trophies. The DLC isn't much for AA.

With AC, yes! If you have not purchased any DLC, it would be worth it. I am kicking myself for buying a bunch of it recently.

I think it was because MC Komplete was already on sale for $30 before the announcement of the supposed price drop. That's why some people are going under the assumption.

bread's done
Back