Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe - Gen. Discussion & Info.

Anyone else want the Penguin in this game?

I just wish it shipped with more characters, I'll probably give in if they make some DLC.

I haven't bought this game yet but was planning to get the UK version since it didn't have censorship. I wonder if the US version played on a PAL console would be censorship free?

[quote name='thamaster24']Anyone else want the Penguin in this game?

I just wish it shipped with more characters, I'll probably give in if they make some DLC.[/quote]

yea, once ive finished both MK & DC story side, I also wished that there were more characters. Hope they do release more characters for DLC

[quote name='KaneRobot']I gave in. Since it was 10 bucks off at CC I picked it up.

Not much time into it so far...I'm guessing I'm maybe halfway through the MK story side. Really fun though, as I expected.[/quote]

How are you guys getting good deals on this? CC clearance?

[quote name='Collectordragon']I wonder if the US version played on a PAL console would be censorship free?[/QUOTE]

It is censorship free apparently, it automatically adjusts based on the region of your XBOX 360... Which is SUPER LAME!

[quote name='PhrostByte']How are you guys getting good deals on this? CC clearance?[/QUOTE]

It was $40 at Amazon for Black Friday weekend and many others got it from the TRU Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal.

[quote name='Owen']It was $40 at Amazon for Black Friday weekend and many others got it from the TRU Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal.[/quote]

Kane says he got it for $10 and Ice says he got his for $20.

[quote name='Ruined']Popped in UK version, it asked to update, I let it, and its fucking censored. Either the update did it or the title censors based on your live profile locaton.

edit: it automatically switches to censored version on NTSC console even with PAL copy. What a POS.

Well, a fun experiment, off on eBay it goes.[/QUOTE]

That is not cool at all. I guess I should have waited but I still got it at a decent price.

[quote name='Owen']The $20 one was an item substitution for the TRU $20 Madden 09 deal some got online. Not sure about the $10 one.[/quote]

Oh ok... guess I'll wait for a price drop.

[quote name='Ruined']It is censorship free apparently, it automatically adjusts based on the region of your XBOX 360... Which is SUPER LAME![/QUOTE]

That sucks. If you don't go online with your 360 would the game still be censored if you're in the US regardless of which version of the game you're playing? I'm planning to get the PS3 version though. I wonder if it has the same issue?

[quote name='PhrostByte']Kane says he got it for $10 and Ice says he got his for $20.[/quote]

Kane says he got it for $10 OFF...not for just $10.

[quote name='Ruined']Popped in UK version, it asked to update, I let it, and its fucking censored. Either the update did it or the title censors based on your live profile locaton.

edit: it automatically switches to censored version on NTSC console even with PAL copy. What a POS.

Well, a fun experiment, off on eBay it goes.[/quote]

darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

I just got mine last night. Oh well, atleast I paid less then retail here...I'll give it a shot, if it pisses me off too much I'll just eBay it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']
darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

I just got mine last night. Oh well, atleast I paid less then retail here...I'll give it a shot, if it pisses me off too much I'll just eBay it.[/QUOTE]

Let us know if it's uncensored if you don't do any updates.

[quote name='Collectordragon']Is it possible to remove updates?[/quote]

Yup, you can clear the hard drive cache by going to memory, highlighting the hard drive and pressing Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X.

Fun game and the KE artwork for the PS3 look sweet. This game is fun it't not deep as SFII but it's still fun to play.

[quote name='blueweltall']Fun game and the KE artwork for the PS3 look sweet. This game is fun it't not deep as SFII but it's still fun to play.[/quote]

I do agree.. This game is alot of fun. But needs a little more characters

wasn't planning on getting this game but I just played it at a friend's house and it caught my attention. I'll probably get it later this month

[quote name='lilboo']Oh, crap.
I just borrowed this from my brother.. this game is pretty awful!!
People really did enjoy this??[/quote]

I enjoyed it for what it was. I know not to expect a Tekken or a Street Fighter when I play an Mortal Kombat game so I don't go in with those expectations. It's just fun to play.

This game still seems to sell. I wonder how much longer we'll have to wait for that $25 or so mark?

I've been wanting to get this for the longest time, but SFIV is gonna be king till Tekken is out, and of course BlazBlue and KOF are right around the corner...

[quote name='ryosnk']Is Midway still planning on releasing extra content?[/quote]

Since their bankrupt, and the MK team is trying to split from Midway, probably not.

I just traded in mine yesterday towards a DSi. I had fun with it, but its the first MK game I didn't "master". It gives me hope for the next real MK game the character models looked good, the fighting was above average, and the moves list was easy to learn and remember. Overall its a fun game, but with SF IV out I have no need for it I might pick it up again in the future if I see it for under 15.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']I just traded in mine yesterday towards a DSi. I had fun with it, but its the first MK game I didn't "master". It gives me hope for the next real MK game the character models looked good, the fighting was above average, and the moves list was easy to learn and remember. Overall its a fun game, but with SF IV out I have no need for it I might pick it up again in the future if I see it for under 15.[/quote]

You could have just sold me it instead. :\

picked it up on clearance at Target.

on story mode, the fmv/cinematics are awful and painful to watch. the voices are poorly done and even worse; mismatched. the gameplay is backwards; deadly alliance was much better. combo system is like playing paper-scissor-rock.

the good part is the novelty of playing your favorite mk characters vs your favorite dc characters; that's really about it. And that's only if they included them in the slim 11-vs-11 matchups.

no extras, no dlc, barebones. when i'm done with both sides of the story mode, soul calibur iv will feel like a blockbuster production!!

midway peaked with deadly alliance and deception. armageddon was the beginning of the spiral downward. at least the send off was sweet full of roster.

edit for PhrostByte: $14.98.

edit plus: I think what ultimately hurt this mk outing was the license agreement with dc; seemed dc limited the mk team's creativity, placed restrictions everywhere. you'll even notice their careful choice of words contained in the videos of the bonus disc. using rage and magic to explain the disparity was....lame. hey, how do you want your Superman; dumbed-down? Hell No!

Last edited by a moderator:
15 bucks? Damn, I'm going to have to look near me. I had this and played through the MK story, but got rid of it since I had such a backlog and Goozex was still giving maximum points for it about a month or two back. I definitely want to pick it up once it hits 30 or less. Game was fun as hell.

[quote name='guyver2077']so for everyone that imported the uk version? was there ever any way around the censoring?[/QUOTE]

I got the UK version, I thought that WAS my way around the censoring :whistle2:k

this game is fun in odd ways. :lol:

I finished DC side of the story mode, and it was so corny. Why Lex Luthor moves and fights identically to Iron Man is a total inside joke! Every female character also visited the same NipTuck doctor and got DD+. :booty:

:whistle2:s Superman and Raiden goes, 'We have a common foe!?' ROFLMAO!!

bread's done
Back