Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe - Gen. Discussion & Info.

Midway has just released a new render of Scorpion. Updated the OP with the image.

I really like his new look. Im glad he doesn't look like a huge plastic action figure as in the past recent games.

Anyone else think that's kind of a shitty render? The design is cool...but IDK, I was actually going to say the colors make it look like an action figure to me.

They should have kept Batman more like the comic rather than give him an armor like outfit. Still this outfit would have been great for the Nolan movies since it is closer to the comic design.

Robin is Tim Drake. Unless they're making Dick Grayson or Jason Todd Robin in the game. That would make no sense cause they both have their own personas in Nightwing and the Red Hood.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']Even stranger than Darth Vader and Yoda in SoulCalibur IV... :whistle2:o[/QUOTE]
Darth Vader and Yoda in SC IV isn't that strange, even at first mention. And as time progresses the idea grows on you. But this crap, makes no sense whatsoever. They are going to have to do a heck of a job on the fighting engine and gameplay to get me to bite.

I mean, its like, when you hear 'Mortal Kombat' you automatically think of fatalaties. Whateva.

[quote name='akilshohen']Kabal is a strange addition. Sounds good so far though (I don't know anything about the DC people) just waiting on Li Mei[/quote]

agree, where is baraka? Must have Cat Woman and Joker in the game too.

why is it that the more that's announced about this game, the less excited for it I get? and Sonya is looking mannish in that first shot. The only thing that saved her in the second was the breatestes

[quote name='robin2099']Yikes. I've liked all the DC designs, but that Flash costume is terrible.[/quote]

It's pretty damn terrible. I cannot even discern if that's Barry, Wally, or Bart. Also, Jay should be an alternate costume.

Oh, and Sonya's jugs are now huge. Awesome.

[quote name='Ed Boon']Yes we have. All of the MK characters and all of the DC villains will have fatalities. The DC heroes who don't kill that often will have brutalities that will function just like fatalities but don't actually kill the opponent.[/QUOTE]
DC Villains....interesting...I assumed it was just heroes.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Excellent!

EDIT: WTF!? Your link takes us to an online videogame store![/quote]
Weird. No idea why it did that.
This is the link.:
http://videogamecentral.com/gamersv...niverse-new-details-and-fatalities-confirmed/
Midway has just announced that the upcoming Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe will indeed have fatalities.
According to series creator Ed Boon, Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe will have fatalities. Many gamers have had mixed reactions when Midway first announced the game, and thought the series was heading in the wrong direction. Ed Boon confirmed that all the MK characters and DC characters will have fatalities. But unlike the MK characters, the DC characters will have brutalities that will function just like fatalities, but not killing the opponent. Aside from the fatalities, the game will also introduce a story mode explaining how the MK characters and DC Universe collided.
More information on Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe will become available at next month’s E3 Expo in Los Angeles.
Anyway, now this has peaked my interest.

Link's not working. No idea why. :bomb:

Updated OP with a preview of Catwoman's Render, and thanks LinkinPrime for the screens, added those as well.

I was hoping for the Batman Returns look, but she doesn't look that bad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- FDMK.net has posted the following PREVIEW of Catwoman's upcoming render. This confirms Catwoman's appearance in the game.

mkvsdccatwomanteaserlh3.jpg

It Seems Midway will be going for this look:​

catwoman2am7.jpg

[quote name='buterbals']Updated OP with a preview of Catwoman's Render, and thanks LinkinPrime for the screens, added those as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- FDMK.net has posted the following PREVIEW of Catwoman's upcoming render. This confirms Catwoman's appearance in the game.

mkvsdccatwomanteaserlh3.jpg

It Seems Midway will be going for this look:​

catwoman2am7.jpg
[/quote]

NP.

She looks sexy :drool:

Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

Anyways, this game is showing a lot of promise. But Midway's track record as of late hasn't been great lately (except for Stanglehold, which I am currently enjoying). I'm not getting my hopes up too much just quite yet.

I have the feeling that we are going to get unlockables which let us switch to other catwoman outfits.:pray:

Still between this and Powergirl/BC, this is gonna be like DOA all over again.

[quote name='chasemurata']I dig modern Catwoman, so this pleases me. It sure beats her purple costume.[/QUOTE]

i know why because the big boobs

[quote name='buterbals']

[/QUOTE]

She never had that Batman Returns look in the comics. I'm actually very happy that they seems to be following the comics instead of movies or the animated series unlike most of the other games.

[quote name='SMMM']She never had that Batman Returns look in the comics. I'm actually very happy that they seems to be following the comics instead of movies or the animated series unlike most of the other games.[/quote]

It too pleases me.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Here is a good quality render of Catwoman.

[/quote]

Thanks for the render. Updated the OP with it and gave the OP a much needed facelift.

On the latest Game Informer they reveal the confirmed characters...I know Reptile was one of them, but I forgot the others. I'll check out the mag when I get home and post here later.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']On the latest Game Informer they reveal the confirmed characters...I know Reptile was one of them, but I forgot the others. I'll check out the mag when I get home and post here later.[/quote]

Thanks, looking forward to the other characters that are confirmed.

[quote name='buterbals']Thanks, looking forward to the other characters that are confirmed.[/quote]

Sorry forgot to do this last night...I'll see if I get a chance today.

bread's done
Back