Most amount you spent on 1 game.

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Whats the most amount that you have spent on 1 game?

I spent about 75.00 for Street Fighter 2 snes, at Sears, and got it about 2 weeks before release date. In the summer of 92.

Since then 1998 though, i have only spent above 30.00 on a game three times. Metal Gear Solid (release date), FF Tactics, Dracula X (Saturn).

[quote name='cag1000']that first star wars game that launched with nintendo 64
$90 or $95 cant remeber which[/quote]

Were you living in Canada or something? Didn't all games retail for $50 or $60 back then?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='cag1000']that first star wars game that launched with nintendo 64

Were you living in Canada or something? Didn't all games retail for $50 or $60 back then?[/quote]

No shit, that's like pesos.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='cag1000']that first star wars game that launched with nintendo 64

Were you living in Canada or something? Didn't all games retail for $50 or $60 back then?[/quote]

actually, a LOT of places were very over priced. as previously notted, Sears, was the worst. Kb-Toys (which of course has NEVER marked up items during release...), Sears, JC-Pennys catalog (at the time) and evn various titles at Toys R Us were greatly over priced.

[quote name='Theenternal']Whats the most amount that you have spent on 1 game?

I spent about 75.00 for Street Fighter 2 snes, at Sears, and got it about 2 weeks before release date. In the summer of 92.

Since then 1998 though, i have only spent above 30.00 on a game three times. Metal Gear Solid (release date), FF Tactics, Dracula X (Saturn).[/quote]

Wasn't 75 the list price for street fighter 2. That was the largest game at that time.

[quote name='BULL_Ship'][quote name='Theenternal']Whats the most amount that you have spent on 1 game?

Since then 1998 though, i have only spent above 30.00 on a game three times. Metal Gear Solid (release date), FF Tactics, Dracula X (Saturn).[/quote]

Wasn't 75 the list price for street fighter 2. That was the largest game at that time.[/quote]

Actually, i beleive it was 60, but most places had it at 70. That would be my most expensive game purchase as well, now that i think about it. Just a bit more than the $60 for DDR new.

The most I personally spent (that I can recall) is $52.99 plus tax for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for the Dreamcast.

I think my mom spent $74.99 plus tax to get me SF2 for the SNES.

Never more than $40. Most pricey purchases by me...

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo $30 (PSX)
Sonic Mega Collection $30 (GCN)
Dragon Warrior III $25 (NES)
Bust a Move 3000 $35 (GCN)

$70 for Street Fighter 2 (why was this so much money)
$120 for Dragon Ball Z 3 for SNES (imported the day it came out...so worth it)

$55 for the first PSX Lunar. Paid the same for second PSX Lunar.

I was fortunate enough to work in a video store where I could order games at reduced prices during the SNES era. Most SNES titles were $40 or less brand new. I remember getting FF 3 for the SNES for $42. Good times.

75 a piece for Crusin USA and KI Gold

I am sure that those are probably the most I have spent. I got SSFII for 59.99 on sale and Turbo was 63 dollars but I got a birthday discount at a local store (lets just say I used to rent a game like clockwork for about 7 years every friday) which made it like 56 after tax

If you count buying a special controller for the game then it was DDR Extreme for PS2 since I paid $65 for the game and $350 for the Cobalt Flux dance pad.

Otherwise I think it was MK 2 on SNES that was $75.

I spent about $75 on Strider for the Sega Genesis. That game was expensive!
The most expensive console I bought was the Panasonic 3DO. I think it was about $400

[quote name='YoshiFan1']If you count buying a special controller for the game then it was DDR Extreme for PS2 since I paid $65 for the game and $350 for the Cobalt Flux dance pad.[/quote]

You win.

Close to $90-100 for Killer Instinct on the SNES. It was about $80, then we paid like $10 to the clerk to give it to us early. 8)

We thought it was cool as hell to finally get it, but now I realize how overpriced games were back then and how stupid we were for paying that much.

Geez, I couldn't even imagine being one of those nitwits to spend the $200 on Neo Geo games, though. I would like to have seen how much profit they were making off each cartridge.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']$80 for Suikoden 2 on eBay.[/quote]

I'm considering doing the same thing.

[quote name='PsyClerk'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']$80 for Suikoden 2 on eBay.[/quote]

I'm considering doing the same thing.[/quote]

Ive been looking, about last year the price for this game was around 60-70ish complete, now ive seen several complete in good condition go for 120+ :(.. I bid on one last week that ended at 90, but my max was 85. I have 1 and 3...but would like to play 2 and then use the saved game on 3.

Yes but did you at one time own a perfect copy of Suikoden 1 then trade it in to EB for peanuts? I did, when I was young and stupid.

$100 for "vampire cronicles for matching services"
import for dreamcast

$100 final fantasy 11 ps2

$500 "phantasy star online" dreamcast i used to live in europe at the time and they charged you by the minute.

how about you neogeo owners, these games are quite pricey

Heh.

Twinkle Star Sprites for Neo Geo AES: $450

Bought quite a few other NG games for $300+, back when I was young AND stupid.

[quote name='paean']Heh.

Twinkle Star Sprites for Neo Geo AES: $450

Bought quite a few other NG games for $300+, back when I was young AND stupid.[/quote]

There is no way you can be young and stupid and afford a $450 game. It is obvious you are old and VERY stupid.

I think I spent around $70 plus tax for Super Mario RPG (SNES) when it first came out, but it was worth it. I also got the strategy guide a few weeks later from Toys R Us and it's probably the guide that I've used the most in my life. It's been through everything like ripped pages, spilled drinks, and it smells kind of funny too...

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']

There is no way you can be young and stupid and afford a $450 game. It is obvious you are old and VERY stupid.[/quote]

Well, if you consider 25 old, then yes, I was both old and VERY stupid.

Now I am just OLD. :D

Most I ever spent was $75 for Final Fantasy II on the SNES the day it came out.

...well, I've got Steel Battalion too, but I consider that to be more of a $150 controller + $50 game rather than a $200 game.

bread's done
Back