[Mostly Dead] 20% Cash Back* When Paying with PayPal at select sites

drfunk85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
When using select sites, you can get 20% cashback when paying with Paypal, up to $50. The catch is you get the money put back on January 31, 2008 (a little over 2 months).

Sites can be found here

EDIT: MOST STORES HAVE ENDED THIS PROMOTION. MAKE SURE BEFORE BUYING.

EDIT: TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PAYPAL HOLIDAY CASH BACK PROMOTION
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER AND WHO ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
By participating in this promotion, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. Offer Description: Eligible customers defined in Section 3 below will receive 20% cash back on their total purchase amounts (including shipping and taxes) made with participating merchants during the offer period. The maximum total amount of cash back per PayPal account is $50 USD.
2. Eligible Purchase: You must use your PayPal account to make purchases on participating merchant websites by selecting PayPal as a payment option during the offer period, except for exclusions at stated in Section 7 below. Multiple purchases are allowed. Payments at Overstock.com must each be for at least $100 USD (including shipping and taxes) to qualify. In the event that you made a purchase and the merchant has not billed you for it, the purchase amount must be charged to your account no later than January 10, 2008 to qualify (and you must still make the purchase within the offer period).
3. Eligibility: Only Unites States PayPal accounts are eligible. Your PayPal account must be in good standing. Restricted, locked or closed PayPal accounts are ineligible.
4. Offer Period: Offer starts on November 26, 2007 at 12:00:01 am Pacific Time and is available for a limited time only. Offer is only available as long as the merchant's website indicates that the 20% cash back promotion is offered, but no later than December 10, 2007 11:59:59 pm Pacific Time.
5. Participating Merchants: The merchants participating in the offer are: (List to come by 10/19). The offer period for each merchant may vary. To find the most current list of participating merchants, go to www.paypal.com/holiday.
6. Cash Back Payment: The cash back payment will be deposited into your PayPal account by January 31, 2008.
7. Excluded Transactions. The following transactions are excluded from this offer: PayPal Mobile transactions, payments using the PayPal Plug-In (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card) service, PayPal ATM/Debit Card payments, payments made when you are not logged into your PayPal account, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/ eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the promotion. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.
8. Restrictions: PayPal reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify part or this entire offer at any time without notice, for any reason in its sole discretion. This offer cannot be resold or transferred.

I received the newegg e-mail earlier today, did research and decided to buy an itouch...too late...
I was taken back and jumped on live chat with them.

here is what they offered -
Lan: I do apologize unfortunately the promo you are referring to has expired. The Paypal promotional offer had an allocated a set amount of money which has now depleted. However I do understand your frustration and would like to help you out the best way that I can. I would be more than happy to offer you $20 off the order as a courtesy

So, if you are seeking something for $140 or less (I was not) - then jump on live chat and tell them you too are dissapointed.
I for one, will now avoid newegg.

[quote name='donut']I received the newegg e-mail earlier today, did research and decided to buy an itouch...too late...
I was taken back and got on live chat with them.

here is what they offered -
Lan: I do apologize unfortunately the promo you are referring to has expired. The Paypal promotional offer had an allocated a set amount of money which has now depleted. However I do understand your frustration and would like to help you out the best way that I can. I would be more than happy to offer you $20 off the order as a courtesy

So, if you are seeking something for $140 or less (I was not) - then jump on live chat and tell them you too are dissapointed.
[/quote]Dude, $20 back is not bad, I would have probably taken it.

Man if that's how you feel I'd never place another online order ever if I were you. This is a PAYPAL promo so why not blame Paypal and not the vendors...are you not going to ever place an order from Dell while you're at it? C'mon, get real.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Dude, $20 back is not bad, I would have probably taken it.[/quote]
BB has it for the same price with reward zone points, easier warranty, so no advantage with the $20 at egg.

"Man if that's how you feel I'd never place another online order ever if I were you. This is a PAYPAL promo so why not blame Paypal and not the vendors...are you not going to ever place an order from Dell while you're at it? C'mon, get real."

And MAN you're ignorant to accept the PayPal spin, this is a partnership promo, newegg knew what they signed up for and altered the original e-mail sent out today. So MAN if you want to accept the "party line" explanation it's your choice to be naive.

and I did not receive a e-mail from dell, just from newegg

And YOUR WELCOME to those who took my posted info and saved $20 without waiting till the end of Jan.

amazingly short sitesided members tonight....:roll:

[quote name='JCDenton']Where did you preorder? Hopefully not Barnes and Noble unless you don't mind waiting until 2008.[/quote]

Why 2008? BN says the 360 bundle will be available at the end of the month.

[quote name='62t']any site still got the psp?[/quote]
TRU.com has it and you can also stack on a coupon code of TRUFRIENDFAMILY for another 15% off. Haven't tried it, but read that you can.

Can we confirm that dell with drew from the promo?

Edit: Never mind they even deleted the page they said they were doing the promo ... only about 1 hour after I placed my order in. So in other words I won't get the promo.

Guess I'm gonna have to call India tomorrow ....

This promo is becoming a disaster. Why in the world would they do a promo for a week if it was going to have a cap, especially one that capped less than one day later?
I should feel lucky I got my Zelda DS in when I did, I guess.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']This promo is becoming a disaster. Why in the world would they do a promo for a week if it was going to have a cap, especially one that capped less than one day later?
I should feel lucky I got my Zelda DS in when I did, I guess.[/quote]

Newegg's part of the promo was really the only one that was a disaster. And I think that newegg was only supposed to participate for a couple of days. I just don't think they realized how many peopple were going to jump in on it.

[quote name='seen']Question is the $50 the max amount that paypal will refund you, per transaction or per seller?[/quote]

It's $50 max per paypal account. It can be spread over many transactions or used on one transaction, but it will only be $50 max.

has anybody tried this with the ToysRUs giftcard from Super Mario Galaxy?

It says "Payments funded in whole or in part with a gift certificate" are excluded.

So does that mean if you use PayPal and a ToysRUs gift card, you won't get 20% off?

According to multiple sites TRU, Ritz Camera and Dell are no longer participating as well.

Now i hope my dell order is good cuz i need that damn video card. Already ahd to cancel it from Newegg for them sucking ass.

has anybody tried this with the ToysRUs giftcard from Super Mario Galaxy?

It says "Payments funded in whole or in part with a gift certificate" are excluded.

So does that mean if you use PayPal and a ToysRUs gift card, you won't get 20% off?

[quote name='Layd Dly']According to multiple sites TRU, Ritz Camera and Dell are no longer participating as well.

Now i hope my dell order is good cuz i need that damn video card. Already ahd to cancel it from Newegg for them sucking ass.[/quote]

TRU is still participating since its plastered everywhere on there site

FYI.. any newegg orders placed before 11/26/07 12PM PST will qualify for the 20% promotion. Looks like East coast and early bird buyers lucked out.

[quote name='62t']any site still got the psp?

edit: the daxter bundle[/QUOTE]

I'm with you! Nobody has the Daxter Bundle!

I'm hoping Toys R Us restocks soon because I would like to blow my $85 credit.

[quote name='WiiGame']has anybody tried this with the ToysRUs giftcard from Super Mario Galaxy?

TRU is still participating since its plastered everywhere on there site[/quote]

Yeah so was Dell's and NewEgg's but the promo is handled through PayPal so its not something i would exactly trust without furhter verification.

(Im a bout to call PayPal now to verify as dell support was not helpful)

[quote name='panasonic']I ordered mario galaxy this morning at 8am am i fine with newegg?[/quote]

I would say no. You should probably cancel your order, since you won't be receiving your 20% through paypal unless you ordered on Monday before 12PM PST.

[quote name='theHeat']I would say no. You should probably cancel your order, since you won't be receiving your 20% through paypal unless you ordered on Monday before 12PM PST.[/quote]

That was a monday at 8am so thats before 12pm. They already shipped too. So i am ok?

[quote name='panasonic']That was a monday at 8am so thats before 12pm. They already shipped too. So i am ok?[/quote]

You should be, but if you are really worried, contact Paypal and/or Newegg.

[quote name='R0wdi']Can you use the 20% off deal more than once?[/quote]

From what I was told earlier in the thread the answer is yes, but you can only get paypal to reimburse you for $50 per seller/merchant.

I called paypal today to verify my VisionTek ATI HD 3850 order from dell.com would be eligible, according to them as long as dell takes the funds before January 1st or 10th i deont remember i would get the cash back, so that eased me a bit beacause when i called dell they were no help.

Paypal's promo page did not include TRU & I see nothing about it at TRU.com. So has TRU pulled out of this promo too?

[quote name='J7.']Paypal's promo page did not include TRU & I see nothing about it at TRU.com. So has TRU pulled out of this promo too?[/quote]I'm thinking, "Yes."

[quote name='Layd Dly']I called paypal today to verify my VisionTek ATI HD 3850 order from dell.com would be eligible, according to them as long as dell takes the funds before January 1st or 10th i deont remember i would get the cash back, so that eased me a bit beacause when i called dell they were no help.[/quote]

So I should call paypal it seems and see if my order still goes through before then I should get the discount ... that does ease me a bit as well. Ship date for me is Dec. 10th on the 3870 version.

I hope I don't get screwed ... heh, they actually took any info on the promotion down a few minutes before my order went through.

At the price the card was I can sell the two I have in Crossfire and even get a DX10 card in the process for no cost of mine :D

I spent over an hour and a half on the phone with Dell and PayPal (mostly on hold with Dell), and nobody was able to tell me for sure whether or not my dell.com order (placed at 1:45 PM PST on 11/26) still qualifies for the 20% off promotion.

Bunch of idiots.

On the bright side Dell offered to pay the $50.00 credit themselves when I asked them to cancel the order.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']I spent over an hour and a half on the phone with Dell and PayPal (mostly on hold with Dell), and nobody was able to tell me for sure whether or not my dell.com order (placed at 1:45 PM PST on 11/26) still qualifies for the 20% off promotion.

Bunch of idiots.

On the bright side Dell offered to pay the $50.00 credit themselves when I asked them to cancel the order.[/quote]

Can I have your $50 credit if you did cancel? :mrgreen:

man Dell cancels out so early I was gonna purchase a PS3 off their site for $380 after taxes and shipping.

Oh well, are there any other paypal promotion sites that carry the PS3 as of right now I cant seem to find one

[quote name='seen']From what I was told earlier in the thread the answer is yes, but you can only get paypal to reimburse you for $50 per seller/merchant.[/quote]Wrong, It's $50 per Paypal account.

[quote name='strikeratt']So I should call paypal it seems and see if my order still goes through before then I should get the discount ... that does ease me a bit as well. Ship date for me is Dec. 10th on the 3870 version.

I hope I don't get screwed ... heh, they actually took any info on the promotion down a few minutes before my order went through.

At the price the card was I can sell the two I have in Crossfire and even get a DX10 card in the process for no cost of mine :D[/quote]

Yeah i couldnt debate if i wanted to spend the Extra $50 especially since i got charged tax, in the end it was more than i could spend although the 223 for the 3870 is a steal, and my 3850 will also ship the same time frame, i sure hope it ships sooner though, my 6800xt is past its prime.

Note: i placed my order the 26th as well and accordin got the paypal payment it was made at 4:57pst or (7:57est My time), i will still reccomend calling and verifying because it seems no one is really sure. If you call post back with your results.

FYI.. BN.com is still a participating vendor in this deal. Rock Band is shipping through gamestop.com (who is currently showing a ship date of 12/7) (although bn.com is showing a ship date of 1/2/08 (they are generally behind). Shipping is $2.95 on this item through BN.com. It's a really good bargain if you are willing to take a small risk (not like buying orange box from thailand risk, but you are putting your faith in both Paypal and Gamestop).

[quote name='Layd Dly']Yeah i couldnt debate if i wanted to spend the Extra $50 especially since i got charged tax, in the end it was more than i could spend although the 223 for the 3870 is a steal, and my 3850 will also ship the same time frame, i sure hope it ships sooner though, my 6800xt is past its prime.

Note: i placed my order the 26th as well and accordin got the paypal payment it was made at 4:57pst or (7:57est My time), i will still reccomend calling and verifying because it seems no one is really sure. If you call post back with your results.[/quote]

I will most likely call them today to see whats going on with it. I placed my order on the 26th as well ... at 9:23 pst (12:23est My time). So only about 4 hours after you. Here's to hopeing.

[quote name='JCDenton']Barnes & Noble orders go through Gamestop. Srry nub, ur game isn't shipping til 2008

[/quote]
Just received my tracking number. It shipped... A day earlier than originally estimated by Barnes and Noble.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']With CAG being all weird today, I didn't get a chance to check around, but this no longer includes TRU.[/quote]
i supposed because people are buying consoles instead of just normal items like games and whatnot? with newegg and tru out i hope overstock doesn't bail out as well. i need to get a 360!

Well my complaint with BBB was successfull. I received an email from newegg via BBB offering me the same discount that paypal would have given me. So I guess I'll redo my order.

[quote name='wdwpsu']FYI.. BN.com is still a participating vendor in this deal. Rock Band is shipping through gamestop.com (who is currently showing a ship date of 12/7) (although bn.com is showing a ship date of 1/2/08 (they are generally behind). Shipping is $2.95 on this item through BN.com. It's a really good bargain if you are willing to take a small risk (not like buying orange box from thailand risk, but you are putting your faith in both Paypal and Gamestop).[/quote]

Thanks very much for your post. I'm only going to be back in America for a few days this Christmas, and if BN comes through on the day they gave me (Dec. 7th) then this will make Xmas a whole lot happier.

bread's done
Back