Mother 3 Handbook reprint

dejeckt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
23 (100%)
This isn't really a deal, but I'm going to go ahead add a thread cause it deserves one.

Mother 3 Handbook has been reprinted ^^ Ready for preorder, and it seems that it will be shipped out sometime early-mid December.

http://fangamer.net/products/m3-handbook

Softcover - $20
Hardcover - $29
PDF - +$5 ($6 by itself)
Courage Badge - +$7 ($10 by itself)

Additional Info on Changes/Updates (all credit goes to Vinny for catching this)
The Handbook is back! Here's what's new in Version 2:

Hardback option
Synthetic cloth case-binding
Debossed and printed with silver foil
Black satin bookmark w/ matching headbands
28-page Enemy Guide
Front and (all-new) back illustrations
Levels, stats, drops, & special info
Easy-reference weakness chart
Dozens of new clay figurine illustrations
Updated Poster Jacket design
Dozens of small design/content tweaks
Our first book (well, second if you count the Anthology), this Handbook is easily the most labor-intensive project we’ve ever tackled: a 272-page English language player’s guide to the world of MOTHER 3.

Three delivery options:
New synthetic cloth-bound hardback
Perfect-bound paperback
High-resolution digital PDF
270 glossy, full-color pages
Thousands of maps, diagrams, and illustrations
32-page reference filled with enemy, item, PSI, food, and strategy information
Dust jacket which doubles as a tall poster
Absolutely packed with Jon Kay’s incredible design/layout talent, each of the book’s 8 chapters is designed in a unique style, accented with boss/MC clay models sculpted by Camille Young (Meeellla), NPC and enemy illustrations by Emilio Orsi (emilio) and Marty Elmer (Omnitarian), and item illustrations by Sebastian Hardy (Sebastian).

On top of all that is a team of writers and editors who scoured every corner of the game and converted their knowledge into a helpful, thorough, and enjoyable handbook which will guide you through the world of MOTHER 3 instead of simply spitting out to-do lists.

More information and a free online version at http://handbook.fangamer.com!

Free shipping on orders over $65
15% off orders over $100 with the coupon HAPPYBOX

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my order yesterday and even the packaging all my items came in looks good, I almost feel bad throwing away the packaging. I'm really happy and pleased with everything. On a side note the guide isnt your typical sized strategy guide, its a little smaller but still amazing, worth every penny!

well i dont know what to say to this but i just got the email that apparently page 89 is actually page 85 again. i ordered 4 books 1 to keep sealed 1 to use and then 2 more for friends. i feel like i was cheated cause all they will do is give me a 5$ coupon for my order or send me the page to fix myself which i have no clue on what to do at all. i sent them an email saying they should pay for the return shipping to fix the books but even still the books will be opened and not sealed then. ugh!!!!

[quote name='gauu']well i dont know what to say to this but i just got the email that apparently page 89 is actually page 85 again. i ordered 4 books 1 to keep sealed 1 to use and then 2 more for friends. i feel like i was cheated cause all they will do is give me a 5$ coupon for my order or send me the page to fix myself which i have no clue on what to do at all. i sent them an email saying they should pay for the return shipping to fix the books but even still the books will be opened and not sealed then. ugh!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I've been planning to order the hardcover edition, but now I'll get in touch with Fangamer first and see if the batch in late January will correct this problem. If not, I'll just wait until a fixed edition is available.

i know it sounds unfair to fangamer but i spent over 100$ so i feel like i should be entitled to what i ordered at first.

[quote name='gauu']well i dont know what to say to this but i just got the email that apparently page 89 is actually page 85 again. i ordered 4 books 1 to keep sealed 1 to use and then 2 more for friends. i feel like i was cheated cause all they will do is give me a 5$ coupon for my order or send me the page to fix myself which i have no clue on what to do at all. i sent them an email saying they should pay for the return shipping to fix the books but even still the books will be opened and not sealed then. ugh!!!![/QUOTE]

You never know, but the mistake version might be rarer. Considering the error was only for orders place for roughly the first 3 weeks, I'm guessing most of the copies in the wild will be the fixed versions since that's the version that's staying in print.

[quote name='waxHead']Thanks for posting this. I've been planning to order the hardcover edition, but now I'll get in touch with Fangamer first and see if the batch in late January will correct this problem. If not, I'll just wait until a fixed edition is available.[/QUOTE]

The copy you receive will not have the error.

[quote name='Vinny']The copy you receive will not have the error.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know ;) Do you have a later version of the hardcover edition? Hopefully that was the only major mistake in this printing.

yah but you would need to market it as having that error on ebay or something. not to mention i wasnt buying it for an error but for what i ordered.

VERY unprofessional, how did such a glaring error manage to slip past people who are known for quality? Good thing I didn't actually order this or I'd be pissed instead of chuckling at this embarassment.

thats where im at right now im spent lil over 100$ so im kinda pissed. still waiting for them to respond back to me since theres no contact number. i almost want to just say take these back and when the new shipment comes in january with the fixed error give me what i ordered then.

I just filled out there form (asked for the replacement page) but also asked if they would offer us (those that got the bad versions) a 50% discount on buying a replacement w/o the error. I realize they can't lose money on this, but hopefully they can still break even while giving us a chance to get the non-screwed up version at a reasonable price.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I just filled out there form (asked for the replacement page) but also asked if they would offer us (those that got the bad versions) a 50% discount on buying a replacement w/o the error. I realize they can't lose money on this, but hopefully they can still break even while giving us a chance to get the non-screwed up version at a reasonable price.[/QUOTE]
The bottom of the email states you can also contact them about returning the book to replace the page. Just send them a reply about it and be polite and you'll likely get what you want w/o any additional cost.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']VERY unprofessional, how did such a glaring error manage to slip past people who are known for quality?[/QUOTE]
The same way most printing errors occur? A mix-up between Fangamer (who only provided the content) and the printer (who actually manufactured the book.)

yah it does say on their fangamer site that errors will be fixed at no shipping cost so seeing if they will do that. i dont know how to fix it myself and dont want a coupon just want the order i placed.

I just received my copy like 45 minutes ago and I also got the error. Not a chance in hell I am sending it back tho. Just makes it that much rarer. I will just order another copy when they have it fixed. That way I have both.

[quote name='Starky27']The same way most printing errors occur? A mix-up between Fangamer (who only provided the content) and the printer (who actually manufactured the book.)[/QUOTE]
This isn't some guide rushed out for a game's release like Brady & Prima, printing out hundreds of thousands of guides to meet "demand", these are supposed to be small print run, several hundred to a thousand at most at a time. This is just straight idiocy; from both the printing company & Fangamer for not getting a copy for themselves to check over.

I got a response to my email to Fangamer...

They did say they could replace the page for me, but I didn't get the impression that they would pay for shipping to them (though I think they'd pay for shipping back to me).

In response to my request to be able to buy the "fixed" version at a discount, they said that even the next print run shipping later this month will still have the issue, so they will be removing the incorrect page and inserting the correct page before shipping new orders.

They didn't say whether future print runs will have the same issue and will need to be fixed before they are shipped or if they'll be able to fix the problem on the printer's side. My guess is that due to limited demand (I mean, come on, how many people even know about this game) they'll probably not have a "fixed" print run and all versions will have swapped out pages. So actually, having a "screwed up" version may be more limited that the version with the cut and replaced page.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']This isn't some guide rushed out for a game's release like Brady & Prima, printing out hundreds of thousands of guides to meet "demand", these are supposed to be small print run, several hundred to a thousand at most at a time. This is just straight idiocy; from both the printing company & Fangamer for not getting a copy for themselves to check over.[/QUOTE]

Get real....Fangamer isn't Random House or Prima with dozens of reviewers and editors...they're a pretty small shop catering to a small group of people. While they final result wasn't perfect, it is amazingly high-quality given what it is.

i gotta decide what i want to do but they said i could either mail them the guides(sounded like id pay for it) or they would refund my credit card 20$ since i ordered 4 books. shrugs not sure what im doing.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']Get real....Fangamer isn't Random House or Prima with dozens of reviewers and editors...they're a pretty small shop catering to a small group of people. While they final result wasn't perfect, it is amazingly high-quality given what it is.[/QUOTE]

Aye. Fangamer consists of only five people, one of whom just works part time.

bread's done
Back