CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Update: $35 with free shipping at Lik-Sang
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=323&products_id=9307&

via 1UP

It's the Asian version, with English and no region protection.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-1c2n.html

List of $40 Asian version 360 games with English and no region protection:
MotoGP '06
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII
FarCry Instincts Predator
Gun
Quake 4
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
X-Men: The Official Game
Call of Duty 2 (back ordered)
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland (back ordered)
Tomb Raider: Legend (sold out)

Old forum thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89721

Thread Q&A - Thanks flybrione!:
[quote name='bahgee']So is everything in the game English or just the menus?[/quote]
All these games are in complete english.[quote name='guyver2077']are they live compatible with us games?[/quote]
Yes they work on live with no problems.[quote name='seanr1221']Kind of a dumb question, but do the case and or disk look any different from the american versions?[/quote] From the games I have purchased Tomb Raider and Blazing Angels all games look Identical to the US games and even have the same proof of purchase.

I guess I don't feel bad that I bought MotoGP 06 with store credit from FYE. But that is a great price for a lot of those games. Thanks Cheapy.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Boo! Shipping probably spikes the deal.[/QUOTE]

Uh, shipping is only $3.10 if you bothered to look at the link. Play-Asia is known for reasonable shipping.

[quote name='seanr1221']Kind of a dumb question, but do the case and or disk look any different from the american versions?[/QUOTE]
The answer you seek might just be found in the "old forum thread" link in the OP.

BTW, Condemned and Hitman should also be added to the list of region-free, english language games, though both are sold out at the moment.

Play-Asia actually has a handy-dandy compatibility chart here:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-00-3-xbox360_compatibility_guide-49-en.html

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Uh, shipping is only $3.10 if you bothered to look at the link. Play-Asia is known for reasonable shipping.[/quote]

I guess Economy Air Bubble isn't too bad for speed (5-10 days). I remember buying some Fatal Frame 3s from them last summer. The cheapest shipping then was 2-4 weeks.

[quote name='bahgee']So is everything in the game English or just the menus?[/QUOTE]

All these games are in complete english.

[quote name='guyver2077']are they live compatible with us games?[/QUOTE]

Yes they work on live with no problems.

[quote name='seanr1221']Kind of a dumb question, but do the case and or disk look any different from the american versions?[/QUOTE]

From the games I have purchased Tomb Raider and Blazing Angels all games look Identical to the US games and even have the same proof of purchase.

[quote name='flybrione']From the games I have purchased Tomb Raider and Blazing Angels all games look Identical to the US games and even have the same proof of purchase.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap, so you could theoretically trade these in at GR after you finish playing them then? That was my only concern with buying these games is that I wouldn't be able to easily trade them in once I was finished with them.

[quote name='shipwreck']Holy crap, so you could theoretically trade these in at GR after you finish playing them then? That was my only concern with buying these games is that I wouldn't be able to easily trade them in once I was finished with them.[/QUOTE]
I purchased FarCry through this deal a back when it came out and traded it into Gamestop a couple weeks ago with no problems whatsoever. It scans normally.

[quote name='flybrione']
From the games I have purchased Tomb Raider and Blazing Angels all games look Identical to the US games and even have the same proof of purchase.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow sweet....now I'm tempted to order FarCry, thanks for the info!

[quote name='hothitter']What approx shipping time have West Coast buyers been seeing from Play-Asia?

HH[/QUOTE]

I ordered on June 21st, and it shipped on the 22nd. I am hoping to get it Wednesday or Thursday. I think they said 4-7 days. I am in WA state.

This might have already been mentioned, but it appears that CoD is back in stock.

I wish my free Live accountwasn't so short/had more money for a subscription. I would so snatch up GRAW for $43. $12 more for instant gratification, good trade off. Thanks for the heads up though.

Hitman was briefly in stock .... I signed up for the reminder (email you when its back in stock) and it works well... came in stock.. ordered it.

[quote name='game addict']Mine shipped on June 22nd, and I live in WA.[/quote]

Damn, Mine was shipped the same day, and I have yet to receive it. :(

[quote name='hothitter']Damn, Mine was shipped the same day, and I have yet to receive it. :([/quote]

Got mine today from Play-Asia! Thanks OP!

I feel like this is the wild west and I come and here and see motherlode after motherlode. Just about the best shipped price for a new 360 game I've seen. Thanks Sarang01!

bread's done
Back