Motorstorm: Pacific Rift $39.99 + FS at Newegg

Really tempting as I've been playing a lot of FPS, 3PS, and fighting games. This would definitely satiate me when I just want to kick back and cut loose -- thanks for the tip, OP!

a vast improvement over the original. more variety, races dont take 10 minutes to complete, environmental based gameplay with the heat and cold, and different environments.

I'm wanting this game for the four player splitscreen.

More splitscreen games, developers! (Super bonus points if we can play splitscreen ONLINE, ala Warhawk and Halo.)

This is the best game I own that I don't play. Really awesome racing game that I'm getting back to once I shrink the backlog a little bit

One of those most fun games I've played, definitely recommended, but on the Liquid Tension Experiment ("Acid Rain" is recommended) and have a blast!

A tremendous title that any PS3 owner needs to have in their library. As a word of warning though - once you get to Level 6 and above, the races start becoming controller breakingly frustrating.

This game is visually impressive with 16 diverse race courses and 8 vehicle classes with 5+ submodels in each class. The multiplayer is definitely cool. This game is much better than the original Motorstorm in those regards. However, in the later levels (6,7,8 of 8) of difficulties whether you win a race is more determined by luck of the rubberbanding AI screwing up vs any direct connection to driving skill on your part. For example it is possible to race your best and come in 4th place with a time around 3:52 and first laying off the boost until the very end of the final lap with a time of 4:10 on the SAME race. Your frustration may vary.

I borrowed this from a friend and would consider buying it for the non-cheating multiplayer for $15ish.

[quote name='BigHow']A tremendous title that any PS3 owner needs to have in their library. As a word of warning though - once you get to Level 6 and above, the races start becoming controller breakingly frustrating.[/quote]

...and this is why I can't justify spending $40 on it. I was close to pulling the trigger on this deal, but then I realized that my backlog is filled with games that are most likely not nearly as demanding.

Gonna wait for $30 or less on this one.

[quote name='AwRy108']...and this is why I can't justify spending $40 on it. I was close to pulling the trigger on this deal, but then I realized that my backlog is filled with games that are most likely not nearly as demanding.

Gonna wait for $30 or less on this one.[/quote]

It takes a long time to get to rank 6/7 anyway. At least 10 hours. What are you complaining about?

It is interesting to me how slowly PS3 games drop in price. I was ready to pick up Resistance, Ratchet and Clank, and Uncharted. However each time they would drop in price I would feel like they were $10 more than what they should be. For some reason PS3 games always seem to be priced $10 more than the impulse buy level. The same thing applies to this game at this price point IMO.

Of course the exception to the rule has been the PSN sales that come around once in a while. I suppose the lower starting point makes it easier to reach that impulse buy level for me.

The games you list are all VERY good games. The less good games usually drop in price much faster.

I also try to stay away from the PSN games unless I really want them because even though they are cheaper, you can't sell them so the net cost of playing them may be higher.

[quote name='psunami']It just needs to drop to $40 at Best Buy to go with the $20 off reward zone coupon they have for it currently.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip.

I printed out $20 off coupon plus $20 Reward Certificate that I wasn't even aware of. I'll wait BB to drop its price as well.

For 34.99 I'd recommend it.

I haven't played it a whole lot due to a huge backlog, but it is pretty fun. Local multiplayer is always fun as well. Plus these Sony games usually take forever to lower in price.

Best price I've seen since the $37 Target sale on this a long time ago (which is when I got it)

I've been meaning to grab this a Best Buy, but it's taking forever for my $10 in certificates to become available.

So I ended up grabbing it from here for $5 less and grabbed Red Faction: Guerrilla as well.

I like this game, and it's not a bad price.
151l1259.jpg

Hmmm, I still have $15 left over on a NewEgg gift certificate, and I really liked Motorstorm. I may very well bite on this.

Im so glad I bought ths back in January for $39 @ the Target sale, but I definitely recommend it. Especially now with the new DLC.

Such a great game people really should pick this title up, its by far one of the best looking PS3 Games out there. Just even released new DLC and new Trophies for it.

bread's done
Back