Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

Do any of you think I will have any chance of getting a Xbox one console? I currently have 30050 points.
You're in the ballpark for what I've seen them go for, (29000 to 52000). Find a quiet time of day, (when the Dew stoners are asleep most likely), and bid.

Marketplace isn't terrible.  I actually need a soundbar, but not sure that ones any good (plus a long ways away). I'm almost to a game, but I'm not going to have an xbox one unless I start getting gifted stuff and search for more soon.

Curious if the Target auctions will be better at all and how much so. I've checked my target and nothing is there yet. Need to find one of those codes. I'm intrigued.

the xbox one controller, and xbox one games for 10K are tempting, I'm at 13K right now don't know if I should grab them or wait for my total points to reach 20K and hope the whole system drops to that point range (decisions, decisions)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Marketplace is a JOKE! 10,000 Points for Ryse, Forza or DR3?! In the end you will spend more for the game through the Marketplace than just buying it!

Obviously you get the Mountain Dew/Doritos along with the game, but still not really worth going out to buy the products just to get a $60 game for $100!

I just got some more codes that I'm looking to sell! I have 800 points (one Mountain Dew 12-pack, two Mountain Dew Caps, and two Doritos codes), and I'm looking for Amazon, Paypal, and/or MSP (or whatever the new Xbox currency is called). I'd prefer to sell them all at once, but I'll consider all offers. PM me if interested!

Edit: Gone!

anyone else have negative points ?

I won last night and traded away the rest of my points and ended up at 0. Now i'm negative 39k and all my sweeps are negative

anyone else have negative points ?

I won last night and traded away the rest of my points and ended up at 0. Now i'm negative 39k and all my sweeps are negative
That strange glitch pops up every now and then. Don't worry about it.

Guess I'll throw it out here too...looking to buy/trade for/be gifted 5-10k points.  Have Amazon GC and paypal as preferred methods.  PM if interested, thanks :)

So checked out the marketplace.

It's got some pretty cool and awesome items up but about a massive chunk of them are already gone at this point due to all the high point dew and Doritos manics

I do want the dead rising shirt for 6,500 points. And the gray gamer shirt for 6,500 but that would be it.
The other prizes I would just get for friends or anyone who wanted it really.

WELP. I'm sad......

If anyone wants to donate some point to me or trade points to me that would be awesome.
I can offer up amazon credit for now. (A dollar per 1000 points seems to be the going rate I'm seeing)

From the FAQ:  On Black Friday, November 29, there will be 720 Auctions occurring between 2:01:00 AM ET and 2:00:00 AM ET, November 30, with Auctions closing every two minutes during this time period.

I'm hoping to have 30k points by then...

WOOOOOOOO! won one tonight for 35k. i'd suspect you'd be well off waiting till the end of this week to win with 30kish, but we'll see.

0 dollars spent on dew or doritos.

1 xbox one won.

Just won with 36,151. Got a Forza bundle. Wanted a Dead Rising one or would of even settled with Ryse but I can buy the games easy or even swap my Forza. I can guarantee the prices are going to drop in the low 30k's. Good luck to everyone else! So glad I'm done with this.

Overall $ spent: Around $200. I'll take that $350+ discount off buying the console and game flat out.

After being outbid about 10 times by only one person, I finally won on a Dead Rising 3 auction!

Won a free game from Xbox One Daily a few weeks ago, so that will be Ryse. Add in that free Killer Instinct full copy from Microsoft and it's going to be a good launch!

I think I spent around $130 total. Of course, thanks to everyone who helped with points!

I won with 35851. I owe a person 45 caps. but tha ( he loaned me 30 caps, and i'm paying 1.5 caps per.) so excited, 0 Dollars spent. Zero.

Looks like bids may dip beneath 30k, will be interesting to see where they go from here, black friday may be the chance for anyone with a lower point total

So... How does one get caps with out spending money...? Being poor and in college is awesome.
Live in michigan or another state with bottle returns heh.

I also managed to get a cap collecting partner to loan me 30 caps in exchange for 45 which i will earn back in the next few days, then continue to collect for marketplace items.

Congrats to all the CAG winners.  I hope to join you within 2-3 weeks!

Here are the lowest winning bids so far:

11/5  37501  --  Auctions 145 & 148

11/6  37001  --  Auction 297

11/7  34751  --  Auction 445

I'm buying codes for .75 cents per 100 or $7.50 per 1000 using Paypal or Amazon gift email.  If you'd rather have MS Points, I will give you a 1200 code for every 1k.   Willing to pay first if you have the higher feedback rating.

Considering that I have no other way to get points, I'm probably going to give up. So, I'll be gifting my 1300 points to whoever has the best offer. Looking for MSP or PSN credit. PM me.

Edit: Gone!

You guys are making me very jealous! I am getting a One at launch, just not getting it at a discount like you CAGs! Congrats!! Btw, how did you guys get codes without buying doritos or dew? Just bought codes from people?

BTW, does anyone know when these Xbox's are getting shipped to winners? Before launch, or 8 weeks after the promotion ends?
Towards the bottom of the Official Rules:

In most cases, allow at least 8-10 weeks (some Items may take up to 16 weeks) from receipt of order for shipment of Item via postal mail, unless otherwise stated on the Website.

I'm hoping that means from the time you won an auction.

I just opened a 10-11oz bag of doritos to get the code and the code was printed half way off the bag, so only half the code was visible. I just sent an email to Frito Lay complaining. They should send me 30,000 points to make up for it! lol

You guys are making me very jealous! I am getting a One at launch, just not getting it at a discount like you CAGs! Congrats!! Btw, how did you guys get codes without buying doritos or dew? Just bought codes from people?
You're a sharks fan, so i shouldnt reply as a michigan resident Wings fan, however:p

since michigan has a 10 cent bottle deposit, i went to every store i could asking to see their bottles and collect caps. I did not spend a single penny on mountain dew or doritos.

from what i gather people in states without bottle deposit are visiting recycle centers and recycling/garbage bins at their place of employment.

As for when they are shipping the offical rules state:

Xbox One has targeted launch date of November 2013; therefore, the initial shipments may be slightly delayed; please allow 12- 14 weeks for delivery.

That is pretty smart to go to recycling centers.

Yes, love the black and teal, but for quite a long time the wings had the Sharks number. Broke our hearts a number of times!

Sitting at 28k right now, im holding out til they drop to lower points then lowball to keep my points ill be at 50k by the time the promo ends, then go all in if I havent won yet

bread's done
Back