Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

I'm down to only needing about 1700 points for the last of the DLC for my kids.  PM me offers.  I only really have MCR to trade but please let me know. :)

P.S. A big extra thX to LT for your clutch play on the last points i was looking for!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after browsing a similar forum thread on Slick Deals, I found that at least one winner received a Dec. 1st auction win on Dec. 23rd. Lucky bastard.

Of course, that doesn't seem to matter since they shut down shipping for ~2 weeks starting with the week of the 23rd. So, they're hopefully going to hit the Dec. 5th wins by the end of this week. At least, I really hope so...

Also, I had a really helpful guy from Young America personally email me my DLC code that I ordered on Dec 24th. The irony is that it said "We apologize for any inconvenience", since I don't even have my Xbox One yet! So really, it was no inconvenience whatsoever, but I was just very confused by the difficulty in getting something so simple sent out.

Has anyone requested a list of the sweepstakes winners yet? I'm interested to know about that :)

Very sucky to hear about the shipping delay for others, makes me even more happy I got in/won and received mine when I did! Have had it for almost a month now (wish a dashboard update would come, but it's awesome otherwise)

Has anyone requested a list of the sweepstakes winners yet? I'm interested to know about that :)

Very sucky to hear about the shipping delay for others, makes me even more happy I got in/won and received mine when I did! Have had it for almost a month now (wish a dashboard update would come, but it's awesome otherwise)
The party chat, lack of friend notifications and inability to listen to your own music really sucks though...

I'm still looking for 550 E2M Dew points (600 will do) to get the rest that i need for all the DLC.  I'm trading MCR cap codes.  PM me and make me an offer. :)

Tomorrow at noon Eastern time is the last hurrah, everyone. Don't wait until the last minute to redeem your codes/points. 

EDIT:

Thanks for the points, Deity. Looks like the DLC emails are going out just fine now. I hope people don't have issues again later in the day.

The party chat, lack of friend notifications and inability to listen to your own music really sucks though...
Just an oversight on their end. Totally unavoidable. Just like being compatible with the old gen, I mean everyone's got enough money to buy an Xbone day one and wants to jump ship to the new gen, right? So there's no need for cross platform at all? And since you can make phone calls, who cares about parties? It's not like there's a system in place to ban you for cursing or anything, because almost everyone in their userbase is Ned Flanders, right?

Holy crap. Mad sarcasm. I gotta stop. I feel like throwing up from that insane amount. Thank god it's the start of the new gen, and not like 2 years into it. But expect these oversights when their entire development team missed the possibility of the nickname XBONE. Dear lord.

Back on topic though, this thing's still going? I thought people would give up by the time the auctions ended.

Just an oversight on their end. Totally unavoidable. Just like being compatible with the old gen, I mean everyone's got enough money to buy an Xbone day one and wants to jump ship to the new gen, right? So there's no need for cross platform at all? And since you can make phone calls, who cares about parties? It's not like there's a system in place to ban you for cursing or anything, because almost everyone in their userbase is Ned Flanders, right?

Holy crap. Mad sarcasm. I gotta stop. I feel like throwing up from that insane amount. Thank god it's the start of the new gen, and not like 2 years into it. But expect these oversights when their entire development team missed the possibility of the nickname XBONE. Dear lord.

Back on topic though, this thing's still going? I thought people would give up by the time the auctions ended.
Sarcasm aside, I think (for me at least) it's a bit jarring going from Xbox 360 to Xbox One. Even if I set aside my gripes with that horrendous interface (shuddering at the thought...it's REALLY bad), it doesn't feel like a machine worthy of succeeding Xbox 360.

I compare it to when I bought my Xbox 360 in 2008 after playing my Original Xbox for about five years before that. Backward compatibility was important to me and I actually still play Original Xbox games on my current 360 from time to time (played Megaman Collection and Sonic Heroes this past summer). But my biggest concern was "what am I going to be missing out on if I use this machine over my current one?" And I realized that with the exception of backward compatibility on some games, I could do everything else on 360.

For Xbox One, my concern was "how much easier will it be to use this machine compared to 360's tile update?" I'm not a fan of the tiles at all...on any Windows machine. But on 360 they're at least functional.

What I wanted from Xbox One was the machine that 360 already is and MORE. What we got was a glorified media box that seems like it was designed by people who had never TOUCHED a 360 this past gen (let alone use one). The party chat mess, everything being an app...especially achievements, the convoluted menus to force people to use Kinect, etc. It's all just bad, bad, bad. :wall: I don't understand how MS had a UI that just WORKED for 360 (the guide button) and swapped that out for a button that just...brings you back to the main hub? :???:

Xbox One's got a steep hill to climb to convince me it's worthy of replacing my 360. Right now, it's the machine that sits in the brown box MS sent my fixed unit in until I decide I want to play Forza Motorsport 5 a couple times a week.

All over.  Hope everyone got what they wanted. Thank you to everyone who helped me out without trying to gouge me in the process. :) (Although, most of the gouging occurred at another site.)

www.every2minutes.com RIP

Great promo!!! Congrats to all the winners !! Love forza 5 and killer instinct($20). Dead rising3 not so much. I wonder what would it have been like if you couldn't gift points. Still waiting on prizes from the marketplace :(

UPS just delivered my Xbox One controller I ordered from the marketplace on December 14th. :D/  I didn't get an email or anything from Young America. No signature was required. UPS just rung the doorbell and left it by the door. Hopefully this means that everyone STILL waiting on Xbox Ones from December will get them soon.  :pray: I think they've tortured you guys long enough. 

waiting for the play & charge and a controller myself, I got it when they did that restock (forget the exact date) glad to hear someone already got theirs, hopefully mine will come soon.

So, I emailed a rep at Young America regarding the status of them shipping the auctions in the 5200 range, and this was the emailed response:

"Thank you for contacting us with regards to the Mountain Dew Game Fuel/Doritos X-Box One Every 2 Minutes Promotion.  It is our pleasure to assist you.

We were able to verify you as the highest bidder for Auction #5349.  Please provide the following information so that we may process your prize:

Date of Birth:

Auction Type (Including Game):

We apologize for any inconvenience."

I won auction #5209, so apparently they made a mistake, or altered the auction numbering system somehow. Whatever the case, I am awaiting the response after providing my DOB and auction type. This does not bode well, considering I have seen many posters on SlickDeals that received similar emails for no specific reason, other than that Young America experienced some kind of records error with many users' DOBs.

Update: I received word that they understand the win number I had was correct. I guess it was just misquoted. Anyway, now I'm supposed to wait 7-10 days for a "status update", which should be my shipping email at this point.

I looked at my information after I won my auction and noticed that my date of birth was wrong on the E2M site, but was correct on mtdew.com.  I couldn't change it on the E2M site so I didn't make a big deal out of it.  They must have figured out an issue with the site that screwed up DOBs.  I'm glad I won early enough to already have my console.

UPS just delivered my Xbox One controller I ordered from the marketplace on December 14th. :D/ I didn't get an email or anything from Young America. No signature was required. UPS just rung the doorbell and left it by the door. Hopefully this means that everyone STILL waiting on Xbox Ones from December will get them soon. :pray: I think they've tortured you guys long enough.
UPS delivered my xbox one controller today, I didn't get a confirmation email either so I was surprised to see the controller when I opened the package. I forgot the exact date of when I ordered mine but it was when they did the restock around mid december.

Okay, so my latest check between here and slickdeals shows that there are Xbox One auction winners from Dec. 3rd that haven't heard a thing.

As for me, my processing just went through Feb. 4th. I'm told to expect my shipping email by approximately the 13th.

The sad thing is that YA is not aggressively pursuing emailing the winners who got mixed up, to gather the required info! I was told that the best advice I can give anyone else is to call and email YA and make sure they get ALL of your info ASAP. That's the only guaranteed way to get your processing pushed through. They claim they're trying to "rush" the oldest auction winners, but I see more about people getting headsets, soundbars, etc. than anything else.

Here's the number again: 1-877-646-3721

Here's my email contact: MLCYBERREP ([email protected])

Okay, so my latest check between here and slickdeals shows that there are Xbox One auction winners from Dec. 3rd that haven't heard a thing.

As for me, my processing just went through Feb. 4th. I'm told to expect my shipping email by approximately the 13th.

The sad thing is that YA is not aggressively pursuing emailing the winners who got mixed up, to gather the required info! I was told that the best advice I can give anyone else is to call and email YA and make sure they get ALL of your info ASAP. That's the only guaranteed way to get your processing pushed through. They claim they're trying to "rush" the oldest auction winners, but I see more about people getting headsets, soundbars, etc. than anything else.

Here's the number again: 1-877-646-3721

Here's my email contact: MLCYBERREP ([email protected])
My brother sent them his info over a week ago. He didn't know his auction number though. He provided them his congrats email along with his shipping info and still nothing. He contact them a few days ago and they told him to wait for the time allotted in the official rules for processing lol.

My brother sent them his info over a week ago. He didn't know his auction number though. He provided them his congrats email along with his shipping info and still nothing. He contact them a few days ago and they told him to wait for the time allotted in the official rules for processing lol.
So, I checked slickdeals again, and a Dec. 2nd winner got his shipping email a couple of days ago. So, it would seem they are finally starting to move some systems again. The last I had heard before that was that Dec. 1st winners got theirs right before or after Christmas.

Your brother seems to be in good shape. I'm sure his processing will follow mine and hopefully you'll see the shipping email between next weekend and the 21st.

So strange that December winners are being screwed this badly. Especially since most November winners got their consoles like one week after launch.

Alright, I finally have great news. I got my shipping email for my Xbox One just after 10 this morning! Exactly on the 13th, as promised! :D/

Yeah, I know, not THAT great, considering the 3 month wait and everything...but hey, it's still great for me.

So, we'll see if I get lucky enough to see a Saturday arrival, or if I get stuck with a Monday one.

To those still waiting: I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and the suffering is coming to an end. ;)

Alright, I finally have great news. I got my shipping email for my Xbox One just after 10 this morning! Exactly on the 13th, as promised! :D/

Yeah, I know, not THAT great, considering the 3 month wait and everything...but hey, it's still great for me.

So, we'll see if I get lucky enough to see a Saturday arrival, or if I get stuck with a Monday one.

To those still waiting: I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and the suffering is coming to an end. ;)
Nice! Sorry you had to wait so long!

It should update after UPS has the package in their possession unless Young America changed the shipping reference codes.  A winner that was in the delayed December shipments and has received their prize could use the reference search instructions in that post to copy and paste the reference details for us.

Finally received my package today. No UPS updates, just showed up as expected. Couldn't see any tracking, strangely.

Well, it's been a journey, but.....

GAME OVER

bread's done
Back