Mountain Dew & Doritos [XboxONE promotion]

got my pax shirt in the mail the other day from this promo finally. waiting on the doritos sunglasses lol. 

never had many points to begun with so spent them on marketplace stuff.

Oh!  Well I feel kind of cool then.

Yea crossing mah fingers, if it happens to clickity clicki i guess i just call microsoft and they'll replae it?

So, does anyone have 600 points or codes worth 600 points that they would be willing to part with??

Just need enough to grab a DLC code on the marketplace. Reply or PM.

Snipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update (my apologies for the length...MS drives me crazy :bomb: ):

I received my Black Friday Xbox One this past Friday, and it WAS a Day One Edition. Unfortunately, I got a system with a bad disc drive. :roll:  It makes the infamous grinding noise whenever a disc is inserted into the machine (the same noise that people on YouTube also have). Discs won't load at all, but the hard drive works. I spent almost two hours in online chat with MS on Saturday only to be told to call the support hotline. The chat rep suggested that it might be the system needing its apps uninstalled and re-installed.

Yes, because a machine fresh out of the box making a GRINDING noise will be fixed with a simple system reboot and app reinstallation. /sarcasm  :roll:

I was given a reference number from the chat and the toll-free number for phone support. I called them later Saturday afternoon and had a 13-minute phone conversation with a guy that seriously made me question my intelligence. First, I had to give him my gamertag (why, I don't know when the cell I called him from is already tied to my XBL account), then I had to confirm a security code from a text message. After that, I asked about the standard repair service (MS sends me a shipping label, I send them my console and wait 2-3 weeks for a fixed box).

The support rep told me that there was only one option for console fixes: the Advanced Exchange option. I believe it was discussed some pages back, but basically: MS will send you another console in 3 business days, but they put a $500 hold on your credit card until the defective unit is returned to them. That makes sense, but Mr. Rep here must be out of the loop on his company's own info.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/warranties-and-repair/repair-process

^ step #5:

1. "While creating your repair, you have two options to get your product repaired, Standard Repair and Advanced Exchange.
    If you choose Standard Repair, Microsoft will provide you a shipping label to send your non-working console to the service center where it will be repaired and then shipped back to you.

If you choose Advanced Exchange, Microsoft will send you a replacement console first. Once you receive the replacement console, you send back the non-working console."

Again, Mr. Rep claimed that the Advanced Exchange was the only option. Now, before calling support, I took the time to register the system and fill out the repair form on the xbox.com website. I got hit with a page error every time I tried to complete the repair info. Online chat, messages to XBL friends and the system warranty registration all went through just fine. But this one page was not working for me.

After I declined the "only option," he informed me that I would have to log in to the myservice.xbox.com site to fill out a repair form. I quickly told him that I had tried that multiple times throughout the day and I received an error on the page. He asked "what device are you using?" and I told him "a Macbook Pro." Seconds later, I got some unnecessary ignorance "oh, sir, people have reported problems with our website when using Apple products. Do you have any access to a Windows computer?"

Really?  :???:  So the Apple computer that worked perfectly well enough to chat with support, register a system AND is the machine I've been solely using when I access xbox.com now isn't good enough?  :roll: I simply replied "no, this is my only device." I then asked if there was a way that he could just complete the form for me over the phone. His response: "well, I can set you up with the Advanced Exchange on my end, but it'll be a $550 hold on your credit card along with a $20 service fee."

My patience was wearing thin. "A $20 service fee?! For what?"

"Oh, that's just our policy."

"What policy? You already have my information."

He basically tried to sound sympathetic while attempting to nickel and dime me with that b.s. "$20 service fee" on top of playing dumb about the $500 hold not TECHNICALLY appearing on my card. I know my bank, and believe me, the second MS puts a "hold" on my card, it'll bump my balance in the negative, and the bank'll hit me up with an overdraft fee (because it's the holidays and I'm broke like everyone else...where the hell do they think I can just pull $500 from? :roll: ). After some skeezy sympathy, he told me to fill out the repair form on another device, and that was it.

The page STILL didn't work, and a quick switch to the rarely-used Windows 7 side of my computer left me with the same "error" page in Internet Explorer.  :roll:  So, I let off some steam by playing some Killer Instinct with a friend later that night, left the Xbox One in a box all day Sunday and FINALLY got the repair page to load properly this morning. I opted for the Standard Repair (the one that allegedly didn't exist) and sent the system back by Fedex a few hours ago.

Hopefully, I'll get it back in January problem-free. And I am aware of a program where MS is offering a free launch game to people with bad disc drives (Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 or Zoo Tycoon). Some people said that it was only for those who chose the Advanced Exchange. Well, MS had better make an "exception" for me come January. Nothing that MS said in it's "statements" about the issue said otherwise.

I understand that machines don't always work. But the level of STUPID that I had to put up with Saturday is ridiculous. We all already knew the magnitude of RROD from last generation. And after the "always online" debacle, now with this disc drive b.s., have they REALLY not learned anything?  I mean, it's not like it's launch week. They've had FOUR WEEKS to be aware of this problem. I should not have to deal with clueless people telling me that a GRINDING noise is from an app.  :dunce: Or that there's only "one option" when multiple people and even MS's OWN WEBSITE says otherwise. And I DEFINITELY should not have to deal with being "charged" for a phone repair order because the Xbox website isn't working.

Error stuff aside, I'm pretty underwhelmed by Xbox One altogether. I didn't have the highest expectations, but what I paid for the Dew and Doritos is about what I would've paid for an Xbone anyway. :lol:  The UI is terrible, Kinect is...serviceable but unneeded, and the game selection is laughable at best (but I knew that already) Up-ressed versions of games I never play annually anyway--COD, Battlefield, Madden, Fifa, ect., and ACIV is the only one I MIGHT buy...after a Ubi sale, of course (I still have Brotherhood, Revelations and AC3 to play through anyway). Imagine if Titanfall had been a launch title :whistle2:o.

I never had any interest in the TV stuff, so that's all wasted on me. I really just wanted a spare blu-ray drive, to be able to keep up with friends who "went to the other side" and play some Forza 5. MS has a LOT left to do with that system before I even consider making it my permanent machine (fixing the party system and adding proper system memory management is a start). Xbox 360 will keep me occupied for quite a while.  :cool: It it ain't broke, MS...

I'm not quoting your whole post. So MS is offering a fast free option and they are bad guys? A hold isnt a charge. Every gas pump "holds" whatever the max amount you can pump and then charge you for what you pumped.As long as you send back the broken one your going to be fine.

I'm not quoting your whole post. So MS is offering a fast free option and they are bad guys? A hold isnt a charge. Every gas pump "holds" whatever the max amount you can pump and then charge you for what you pumped.As long as you send back the broken one your going to be fine.

So your system that is broken.. out ofthe box... is "underwhelming" you? And you go into great detail on this.(almost like it worked) On top of that MS wants to exchange it for you quickly and you complain about that too? I'm confused.

Got the One today (at (9:40pm from ups, no joke, was about to give up for the day on it). Was a day one edition!. Played a bit of KI and tried out some demos so far, not too impressive so far but sleek.

Can anyone confirm the warranty for 3 years is paid only and not free? I swear I saw someone mention in here it was free but can't find the post!

I love the multi-tasking (though I think it's a bit android-like where without a task killer you know your resources are still being eaten). But it sure is quiet (great for netflix compared to my 360)

• Win Date : 28th Nov
  • Arrival Date : 23rd Dec
  • Total Time from win to doorstep 25 days
not bad at all!

Came today!  Day One babvy.  No problems had it running about 3 hrs straight tonight

i mean Ryse came w/ a busted case, but that's no biggie i can do a swap at gamestop or i'm sure the micrsofot store has  a spare case hey'd give me. 

Still great contest, would do it all over again :D

So impressed.  I thought the tv thing was pointless, it tottaly is.

But it's nice to have a new cosole.  And I can turn it ORANGE XD  I wish the damn controllers worked though.

Anyone know if ANY controller w/ converter works on One? I gotta try some 2morrow.

Came today! Day One babvy. No problems had it running about 3 hrs straight tonight

i mean Ryse came w/ a busted case, but that's no biggie i can do a swap at gamestop or i'm sure the micrsofot store has a spare case hey'd give me.

Still great contest, would do it all over again :D

So impressed. I thought the tv thing was pointless, it tottaly is.

But it's nice to have a new cosole. And I can turn it ORANGE XD I wish the damn controllers worked though.

Anyone know if ANY controller w/ converter works on One? I gotta try some 2morrow.
What's wrong with your controller?

Also, you were a Black Friday winner, right? I'm still waiting on my email.

I love using kinect for everything. when it doesnt work its 90% my fault. Xbox Oneguide. whats on NFL Network? Whats on TBS? Big Bang Theory. My remotes miss me. Also you cant start DVR but you can fast forward/pause/rewind whilst watching.

I love using kinect for everything. when it doesnt work its 90% my fault. Xbox Oneguide. whats on NFL Network? Whats on TBS? Big Bang Theory. My remotes miss me. Also you cant start DVR but you can fast forward/pause/rewind whilst watching.
You can also set it up to turn on and off your tv as well as turn up or down the volume.

I am aware of the differences between a hold and a charge (hold is temporary...a charge is the permanent amount). People on Xbox's support forum already confirmed that you will indeed have a HOLD of the full amount on your credit card ($530-$550) until the defective box is returned. No $1 "holds" in this case. Since I don't have that amount in my account, I didn't want to risk being over drafted. Some company (I want to say Amazon) put two holds for an amount on my card a few years back (I was essentially "double charged" for a single order). Amazon and the bank were both aware of the situation, but the bank said that it was out of their hands.

In that situation, I had more than enough available funds, so it wasn't an issue. But if the two holds pushed my numbers into the negative, the bank could pull an overdraft fee on me (even though no money would've TECHNICALLY been taken), because customers have to maintain a positive account balance. The bank actually had my account in the negative earlier this year because of a "service fee," but a direct deposit check resolved that issue.

My point is, I already knew that MS would "hold" the $500 amount, whether I had it "available" or not. And the bank will let them do it because it's a HOLD and not a charge. So, no "free option" with that decision. Check this thread if you don't believe me:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1630167.aspx?PageIndex=130

So your system that is broken.. out ofthe box... is "underwhelming" you? And you go into great detail on this.(almost like it worked) On top of that MS wants to exchange it for you quickly and you complain about that too? I'm confused.
Re-read what I wrote. I explained everything just fine. :cool: The DISC DRIVE doesn't work. The rest of the console (hard drive, Kinect, XBL, etc.) works just fine. I can play downloaded games (and I stated that I played Killer Instinct with a friend), but I can't use any discs. MS wanted to charge me TWENTY DOLLARS to process my repair over the phone on top of the $500 hold because THEIR website didn't work. There are TWO available repair options (one is free and the other involves a $500 CC hold), but I was lied to and told that only the Advanced Exchange (the $500 choice) could be selected. THAT was my issue. I have no problem waiting a few weeks for a functioning system, but I don't like being lied to. I damn sure didn't like being nickeled and dimed in the middle of the whole ordeal.

So, do you think I should've given them TWENTY DOLLARS because their website page wouldn't load properly? Forget about the $500 hold for a minute. Is a $20 "policy" a REASONABLE thing when MS already has my information in their system and *I'M* the one who can't use a $500 machine? It took me two page clicks to process the repair order. Are two mouse clicks worth $20?

And a broken disc drive doesn't render the entire machine unusable. That just means that I can't use discs. Xbox Video, party chat, downloaded game, TV integration, etc. all worked. I'm underwhelmed because MS took a good amount of solid things from Xbox 360 and somehow made them a pain to use.

The party system is a jumbled mess and the UI is too cumbersome to use with a controller. Yeah, it was done on purpose to force Kinect usage, but Xbox 360 got it right for either approach (as much as I hate the latest "tiles" dashboard, I'll take that over Xbox One's "menu" any day). Like I said, the current games don't really interest me (but what I paid in $300 of "contest snacks" was a fitting price tag for a machine I hope to play more in the future). The controller is a step back, in my opinion. The bumpers are NOT comfortable at all and the d-pad feels TOO depressed into the controller to be a worth successor to the transform d-pad 360 controller.

It just feels like MS had an opportunity to make a GREAT system, and instead it feels like a console still in beta.

*Party chat needs to be fixed

*UI needs an improvement

*Voice messages and recent played list need a comeback

*Battery indication and vibration toggle also need to make a return

*Volume for two apps "snapped" can't be adjusted

*Achievements are an APP? Why, exactly?

System memory management is on their to-do list, so I won't list that.

After enjoying the simplicity of the guide button since NXE, trying to use Xbox One is jarring (and not in a good way). I was able to figure out where everything was menu-wise in less than an hour. But it was more of a pain to access things in general. MS basically removed things from 360 that worked perfectly fine and will now have to play "catch up" to make everything as painless as it is on 360. I was hoping for MORE options, not less. And, unfortunately, Xbox One offers much less to users for a pretty high sticker price, than a $200 Xbox 360. That's pretty sad actually.

That's a horrid experience for sure ^. I traded in Forza for Battlefield4 (couldn't decide between it and Ghost, randomly picked a number lol) thankfully my disc drive hasn't malfunctioned or made any horrifying noises (yet) lol

I have 4 copies of The Maw to give away if anyone wants them. Family made the mistake of eating fast food. 

Take one a piece. No point in having 4 copies of the same game.

2VQ47-6F6RG-V4JXM-PJMVD-6KMRZ

YT6Y7-KWQV2-7GJRY-YGY7X-MQM2Z

7V4WM-KDXQ9-HM32C-DPWMJ-R6RDZ

69TRC-KRG36-QTJM2-HMVK7-4FDDZ

I have 4 copies of The Maw to give away if anyone wants them. Family made the mistake of eating fast food.

Take one a piece. No point in having 4 copies of the same game.

2VQ47-6F6RG-V4JXM-PJMVD-6KMRZ

YT6Y7-KWQV2-7GJRY-YGY7X-MQM2Z

7V4WM-KDXQ9-HM32C-DPWMJ-R6RDZ

69TRC-KRG36-QTJM2-HMVK7-4FDDZ
I used the last code. Thank you very much!

That's a single 12 pack flap code. Or I guess three 3 point caps are good too
Ok. Well lve got a few caps from various ways. Like 6 caps from sprite and coke 6 packs. Powerade bottles. Just let me know.
Why the fuck is the code only in Cool Ranch bags? That's so stupid, but I fell for it and shouldv'e looked closer.
I've gotten them pretty frequently in the Spicy Chepotle bags. The only Doritos I can stand.

I am still offering up MCR cap codes for trade for Dew points. But i'm now trading one MCR cap code per 100 Dew points. A 1 to 1 ratio. (Perhaps a 'little' more for larger quantities.) If you want to trade, great. If not i hope you find the deal you're looking for. :)

I'm pretty frustrated with the E2M program right now.

Still no email, and it's going to be the last day of Dec.  It's been exactly 26 days since my auction win...

Also, I used some extra points I grabbed to purchase a DLC code for Ryse from the marketplace, and I have received nothing. Anybody know when you get codes, via email, or whatever? Because I'm really confused as to how it takes longer than ONE DAY to email someone a code. It has since been 7 days...seriously.

This is pretty annoying, considering there is an entire promotions department at PepsiCo just for this promotion, and yet it's still this slow and frustrating.

I'm pretty frustrated with the E2M program right now.

Still no email, and it's going to be the last day of Dec. It's been exactly 26 days since my auction win...

Also, I used some extra points I grabbed to purchase a DLC code for Ryse from the marketplace, and I have received nothing. Anybody know when you get codes, via email, or whatever? Because I'm really confused as to how it takes longer than ONE DAY to email someone a code. It has since been 7 days...seriously.

This is pretty annoying, considering there is an entire promotions department at PepsiCo just for this promotion, and yet it's still this slow and frustrating.
My brother won a target auction around the 6th and still hasn't received any news... was yours a target as well?

My brother won a target auction around the 6th and still hasn't received any news... was yours a target as well?
It's a standard Ryse auction, and I won late on the night of the 5th.
So, I'm pretty surprised it's taking so long.

(Rant)While I'm working through the holidays, it seems like the whole world stops business. I guarantee that's why every "late winner" is having to wait more than 10 days beyond the other winners' shipping times.

Anyone purchase Digital content in Marketplace recently? When I did over a month ago my code came instantly and the next time within a minute. This time it has been several hours and nothing, no email.

Anyone redeemed for a code the last week or so?

It's a standard Ryse auction, and I won late on the night of the 5th.
So, I'm pretty surprised it's taking so long.

(Rant)While I'm working through the holidays, it seems like the whole world stops business. I guarantee that's why every "late winner" is having to wait more than 10 days beyond the other winners' shipping times.
Yeah that's what I am thinking. Once they finished the Saturday auctions, I believe they all went home and said fuck it until after the new year. Soonest they'll ship will probably be jan 2nd if you're lucky. Then, you probably won't get it until next week at the soonest.

I know of 4 people's auctions that ended on Black Friday (11/29).

After the auction is won you should have been able to immediately provide your shipping address information.  An email would have been sent right away from: [email protected]

with the subject line: Congratulations! You won an Xbox One from Every2Minutes.com

There was a Claim Your Prize button that allowed you to provide the shipping information for the Xbox One.

Did you get that and claim the prize?

The next communications were received on 12/18 and contained a shipping notification.

4 emails on 12/18 from: [email protected]

Subject: Congratulations from Mountain Dew and Doritos!

The email doesn't contain a tracking number. You have to use the UPS Track By Reference Number site to find it unless someone else in your zip code won as well. I was told the shipment did NOT appear in UPS My Choice.

These are for the "standard / non-Premium" auctions:

Ryse Reference: 4423-MDXBOXONESTANDARD QTY: 1

Forza Reference: 4769-MDXBOXONESTANDARDFORZA QTY: 1

Dead Rising 3 Reference: 4770-MDXBOXONESTANDARDDEAD QTY: 1

Signatures were required for the deliveries. 3 Xbox Ones were delivered on 12/23 and one 12/26.

All were Day One editions.

I used 1000 points to get a DLC code for the Dead Rising 3 steamroller and it came within 24 hours from: [email protected] with the subject line: Your downloadable content from Every2Minutes.com has arrived

I hope that helps but I would agree with [member='stanDAmanDATcan'] that the Christmas holidays and the huge backlog of packages that UPS had has delayed fulfillments.  You can always call the contest support line to make sure they have your accurate info but they will just say the following from the Official Rules

B. SHIPMENT OF ITEMS. In most cases, allow at least 8-10 weeks (some Items may take up to 16 weeks)

Anyone purchase Digital content in Marketplace recently? When I did over a month ago my code came instantly and the next time within a minute. This time it has been several hours and nothing, no email.

Anyone redeemed for a code the last week or so?
Yes, I redeemed a Ryse DLC on the marketplace on Dec 24th, and I have yet to see anything. I actually mentioned that, along with my Xbox One auction win, when I called the direct promotion line today. The guy I talked to had no useful information about either. He simply had me repeat back all my info to him, and said he'd pass it on to a manager.

So obviously the code purchases are screwed up for many people. That doesn't instill confidence in me about my Xbox One getting to me, nor my ability to use the marketplace.

Generally speaking, it seems like everything in this promotion program worked smoothly and efficiently until the end of Nov. I really hope things get going properly again, and quickly.

It seems like the DLC emails have been hit or miss for some. I redeemed for the Forza 5 Chevy code on December 9th and got my email in about 10 minutes. But other people haven't gotten their codes for whatever reason. I hope they resolve these issues before the 17th. And now the marketplace is down. :???: Could there be a final restock on the horizon?

Side note: If anyone is looking to dump their brand new Day One copy of Ryse, I would like to offer $40 Amazon for the game. PM me or just quote this post.

Does anyone have 250 points they could send me?  I am stuck at 7250 and want to trade in for a backpack before they sell out.  

Ok, i just went out and bought the last two sodas with caps at the 2 closest convenience stores but that leaves me 50 points short.  Anyone able to give me 50 points?  Lmk what you want

Does anyone have 250 points they could send me? I am stuck at 7250 and want to trade in for a backpack before they sell out.

Ok, i just went out and bought the last two sodas with caps at the 2 closest convenience stores but that leaves me 50 points short. Anyone able to give me 50 points? Lmk what you want
PM sent

300 POINTS XSH_HARKNK
200 POINTS CAYMPHY_RX
200 POINTS 7F_KYZPR9W
200 POINTS HF77S_93CX
100 POINTS 3H_WNKY6C7

Is this still going? I had these set aside. I have changed one letter or number on each of them.

Thanks! I got this one:

300 POINTS XSHRHARKNK

(Tried the others, but I entered too many invalid codes and got locked out from entering any more today.)

bread's done
Back