Movie Gallery / Hollywood Video / Game Zone 3.99 PS2,GC,XBOX Preplayed Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From now until further notice all preplayed PS2,XBOX and GC titles are 3.99. From the Movie Gallery store I work at I picked up 2 copies of Mercenaries 2 and Guitar Hero 3.

Also if your Movie Gallery has a Game Zone all preplayed Wii, 360 and PS3 games are 25% off. Most of the next gen games that are preplayed in the Game Zone sections come as trade-ins so you can generally find good copies its just that the selection wont be as good as a Gamestop.

Edit by Io - For those with Hollywood Videos around note that this sale applies only to stores that DO NOT have Gamecrazy's attached. Also, it is still highly YMMV at any given store. Some don't participate (manager's discretion) and some are just clueless and think you are talking about the concurrent $3.99 movie deal (which requires 2 rentals and only applies to movies $12.99 and under). I've gone to about 6 stores and have gotten about 4 different versions of the deal. There is a code they can scan that makes all these games come out to $3.99 no matter whether you rent or not and no matter what the original prices are - it is just YMMV whether they can A) Find that code and B) Choose to apply it to the games you want to buy ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fire eagle']I just called and asked for the trade in value of fifa 09
and it's 18.xx, has not changed.[/quote]
It was 19.25 yesterday..

[quote name='fire eagle']Can anybody confirm that mercenaries 2 and fifa 09 for ps2 dropped from 19, I was just about to trade those.[/quote]Pick up your phone and dial the number to Gamestop. Ask, and theres your confirmation. :/

[quote name='Lethal04']The print off was actually pretty hard to read so I just glanced at it and saw some 09 sports titles, Mercenaries 2, Lego Batman. There was probably about 30 different games total. I just wanted to see if any of the new stock would be newer games since they had all really old games. since I saw some 09s on there & mercenaries 2 from glancing at it i didnt closely examine each title since those will easily make it worth the trip.[/quote]

Thanks. I assume the other games on that list may be wii or 360 games they want to get rid of.

[quote name='fire eagle']I just called and asked for the trade in value of fifa 09
and it's 18.xx, has not changed.[/quote]I was quoted $19.25 for PS2 FIFA 09 by phone 3 hours ago. Also, $13 for PS2 LEGO Batman and $12.50 for PS2 NBA 2K9.

I think I'm going to try to head down to the store tonight then and grab the Mercenaries if the site is saying 8 (before the stores change TIV)
EDIT: Twinton, interesting your prices dropped today. I wonder if I should go and get some games scanned.

[quote name='sterlingice']According to the EB/GS website
http://www.ebgames.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

Madden is still $20
SW: Force Unleashed is still 18.75
Fifa 2009 is down to $9
Mercenaries 2 is down to $8

SI[/quote]

I'm guessing that we're getting a look into the future here. I wouldn't expect many people to get the full trade in values after today. Notice how rushed the job was on the site? They managed to put two decimal places for FIFA but not for Mercenaries 2. It seems like they're really trying to catch up with the trade in flood.

[quote name='sterlingice']According to the EB/GS website
http://www.ebgames.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

Madden is still $20
SW: Force Unleashed is still 18.75
Fifa 2009 is down to $9
Mercenaries 2 is down to $8

SI[/quote]Damn, I only bought them today because I verified the price by phone. Has anyone known them to update the TIVs during store hours?

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm guessing that we're getting a look into the future here. I wouldn't expect many people to get the full trade in values after today. Notice how rushed the job was on the site? They managed to put two decimal places for FIFA but not for Mercenaries 2. It seems like they're really trying to catch up with the trade in flood.[/quote]

You know what would've been even funnier, would've been if GS really rushed putting up the new TIV for Mercs 2 and they added two zeros and NO decimal point.

Of course, it would be impossibly hard to get them to actually match that TIV, but it'd be fun to try to get them to.

I just checked the Goleta store. The person working at GameCrazy expressed doubt of a deal existing, is there a way for them to find out, can they call their store headquarters to find out?

Awesome! Went back to my first, original store from last week that didn't know about the sale, then they did, now they have signs up. So for any of you that haven't found a store yet that honors this deal, keep going back and signs or someone with a shred of knowledge should know about this sale.

I scored Lego Batman, Mercs 2, Dot Hack, Battlefront 2 and a few GTA's (Just hope GS takes these like they did the last hot coffee version). I had to ask if they had Lego Batman. They checked the computer and said they had 2 but weren't on the shelves and he pulls out a giant box and I was able to go through that. So yeah, ask about games if you don't see it on the shelf.

[quote name='aggro crag']I just checked the Goleta store. The person working at GameCrazy expressed doubt of a deal existing, is there a way for them to find out, can they call their store headquarters to find out?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't exist at stores with Gamecrazy's in them.

Well, with the possible drop of Mercs 2 at GS I guess I need to head out tonight. And here I thought I'd have a break today. My wife is gonna kill me :lol:.

I'm also going to check the Blockbuster trade-in prices on Lego Batman and Mercs 2 - will report those back shortly.

Just dropped off more copies @ GS 20 minutes ago.
I can confirm that TIVs have not changed since yesterday.

LEGO Batman - $13.00
FIFA Soccer 09 - $19.25
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - $18.75

All before bonuses

[quote name='newlu']Just dropped off more copies @ GS 20 minutes ago.
I can confirm that TIVs have not changed since yesterday.

LEGO Batman - $13.00
FIFA Soccer 09 - $19.25
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames - $18.75

All before bonuses[/quote]

Well, I guess TIV drops for those games has not been implemented at the store level yet. I have been waiting for my $2 EDGE card to arrive in the mail(I know it should be here in next couple of days or so), but I am gonna have to head out to a few GS' tonight and try to unload all my games before any price drop actually take place. Wish me luck!!!!!

Crap I would love to pick-up 5 of those higher trade-in valued PS2 games and get "Mirrors Edge" and "Left for Dead" from Gamestop.

Just hit a store that did a rental conversion
8x lego Batman
8x Merc 2
3x SWFU
Madden 09
Fifa 09
Warriors Orochi 2
etc.

Picked up most, have the rest on hold til I get back. Traded LBM, SWFU, Merc2, Madden, and Warriors Orochi2 for $21.40 -->$115 GS credit (approx)

also
PS2 Family Guy and MXvs ATV Untamed( or unleashed, whichever is the new one) both have base TIV of 6.75

[quote name='Capa']Just hit a store that did a rental conversion
8x lego Batman
8x Merc 2
3x SWFU
Madden 09
Fifa 09
Warriors Orochi 2
etc.

Picked up most, have the rest on hold til I get back. Traded LBM, SWFU, Merc2, Madden, and Warriors Orochi2 for $21.40 -->$115 GS credit (approx)[/quote]

i feel sorry for the other people in your area wanting in on this deal. you bought all those copies of the same game & have even more on hold?

[quote name='jooanyenna']Well, I guess TIV drops for those games has not been implemented at the store level yet. ...I am gonna have to head out to a few GS' tonight and try to unload all my games before any price drop actually take place. Wish me luck!!!!![/quote]Luck! I can also verify the LEGO Batman and FIFA 09 TIVs haven't dropped yet, just traded them in an hour ago.

I made another trip today. There were copies of Lego Batman there that weren't there yesterday, and the clerk also said there was a Force Unleashed that someone had already bought. Here's what I picked up today:

Lego Batman(x3)
GTA: San Andreas:xbox:(x3)
SW: Battlefront II:xbox:
God of War II
Lego Star Wars II:gc:

The clerk said she could only sell me one copy of each title, so she put aside two GTAs and two Batmans(Batmen?). I thought this was weird because she had just sold me two copies of Mario Kart: Double Dash yesterday, but I didn't say anything about it. I asked her if it made a difference if I walked out and came back in and bought them, and she just smiled and said no. After I paid her, she gave me back my change and said she guessed she could go ahead and sell them to me if I still wanted them. I did, of course.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I think I'm going to try to head down to the store tonight then and grab the Mercenaries if the site is saying 8 (before the stores change TIV)
EDIT: Twinton, interesting your prices dropped today. I wonder if I should go and get some games scanned.[/quote]

Only at 1 of the 3 stores I visited today though. Really strange! Two Worlds 360 at the store with the crazy prices cost $1.50, at the other stores it would have been $22.50.

I think I'm going to give up trying to figure out what Hollywood is doing, and just keep buying! It's just real strange they would sell a 360 game for $1.50, why not put it in the $3.99 sale?

man. best deal evAR. spent 33 bucks on PS2 games and came back out of gamestop with 145 bucks credit!!! thanks op and all those posting tiv's

found all 4 .hack games at MG, pretty good condition with both discs. the 4th one sold for about $15 at GS and got zelda collector's edition. the rest were meh stuff.

going to check again tomorrow incase they had more or put up more.

Someone needs to try giving them the barcode to see if they'll accept that. The one I was rung up on is CHVGM399. Tell them that's the code CORPORATE told you.

Final haul from the only store in town that actually did the rental conversion this week:
9x Lego Batman
8x Mercenaries 2
3x SW Force Un
4x Family Guy
2x WallE
4x MX vs ATV Unleashed
5x various Cabela games from 07-08
2x Mario Baseball
SW KOTOR 2
Atelier Iris 3
Fifa 09
Madden 09
Hot Wheels

[quote name='sadunk']How do you get them to convert them??[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is very YMMV. For example, I asked if I can convert some of the Gamecube games and the cashier told me if that if the game hasn't been rented for a long time, then they would do it. That is how I got a copy of Pikmin 2, Twilight Princess and other gems for the :gc: on the spot. This shouldn't be the case if the store is on top of their rental to sale pulls.

Needless to say, I was happy when they did that. :cool:

--Michael

[quote name='Capa']Final haul from the only store in town that actually did the rental conversion this week:
9x Lego Batman
8x Mercenaries 2
3x SW Force Un
4x Family Guy
2x WallE
4x MX vs ATV Unleashed
5x various Cabela games from 07-08
2x Mario Baseball
SW KOTOR 2
Atelier Iris 3
Fifa 09
Madden 09
Hot Wheels[/quote]

where are you located? looks like you cleared them out so i dont want to waste a trip to HWV if you are at the same one since there is only one around here also.

[quote name='TeethMummy']ugh, every Hollywood Video on Long Island has a gamecrazy attached![/quote]

my hollywood video has a gameCrazy as part of it and i still got on the 3.99 deal.

I actually got denied on a GTA:SA today, unloading my final bunch of flips. Case and manual said 2nd edition, disk did not... so I ended up with a "complete" copy of GTA:SA... but instead of the proper disk... ended up with a hc version. Not too disappointed, because the cashier let me grab a cheap game from the "almost free because they suck" bin in order to prevent losing the extra 10% (cost me like .83 cents for a 6$ bonus). To make up for it, I got a free GoW2 pre-order bonus and a few other misc. other pre-order bonuses.

.hack//GU Rebirth is still at a 9.00 base

Also, if anybody runs across a copy of Pikmin 1 (with the cover art and in relatively good condition), Disgaea 2 (complete in relatively good condition) or a Pikmin 2 manual only (dont need the game or cover art)... and wouldn't be opposed to hassle of mailing... I'll gladly pay what GS would pay in credit + a little extra and reimburse shipping :)

Just scored my best load yet!! They had the signs up after me calling last week and they didn't want to honor the sale. I got lucky though because I bring a bunch of games to the front and they couldn't believe they were $4. Maybe I should have asked before I brought them all up but whatever, the sign was there. I was worried because next to the sign is a tiny sign taped to the $3.99 one. It says "$3.99 on any game or movie $12.99 or less." I was thinking NOOOO!!! The workers did it though. Didn't think they cared. One even suggested I should take them to gamestop to trade for more money. HAHAHAHA

(In no particular order or system)
Harvest Moon
Lego Batman x3
Lego Star Wars II x2
Fifa 09
Fire Emblem
Mario Party 7
Mercenaries 2 x3
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw
MX VS Atv Untamed

I saw them putting locks on loads more stacks behind the counter so I guess I'll be hitting it again tomorrow. DAMN! Should have checked for ridiculously low 360 prices. Ok tomorrow.

Went to the 3 Minneapolis, MN HWV and got:

2x :ps2: Street Fighter Alpha Anthology
2x :ps2: Lego Batman
:xbox: SW: Jedi Academy
:xbox: Land of the Dead
:ps2: Mercs 2

FYI: The HWV on Hennepin had squat outside of a lone :xbox: BattleFront 2

Also a saw a copy of :ps2: Firefighter 18, did I fuck up by not picking it up?

HV in Newport Beach, ca has been picked clean of good flipping items. And not much rental to be converted too.

The deal is in SD now, and someone even mention flipping to GS. I assume we'll see a lot more competition in coming weeks.

[quote name='manthing']

Also a saw a copy of :ps2: Firefighter 18, did I fuck up by not picking it up?[/quote]

Yes. It's a steal at 3.99.

The very low next gen prices are dead, it's been changed in the computer. You could possibly find a store that missed the notice and didn't change the tags back, if so, you should be able to get them to honor the prices on the tags. The store I went to tonight had changed the tags back, except for Metroid Prime 2, which they had missed. I wasn't going to be a dick and take it though. The manager told me that HIS boss got mad at him for selling a few games...I told him he was lucky it didn't last one more day, because I was coming to clean it out,lol... I asked him how they could possibly be mad when it was a national price mistake...he said stuff like that happens alot...a few weeks ago the computer priced every BluRay at 34.99 (so the mistakes go both ways evidentally)...something to keep in mind if you run into goofy prices that seem artificially low or high at HWV.

I also did the manager a favor, he wanted a copy of KOTOR 1, and I knew the other store had one, so I told him I'd go buy it on the way home and bring it to him...now maybe I'll be able to get some inside info

Picked up some today, also listed GS base TIV
All ps2-

Hot wheels: beat that - $9
Ratchet and Clank: size matters - $10.50
NBA 2k9 - $12.50
Ico - $10.50
Warriors Orochi 2 - $13
Spiderman: FoF - $7.75

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done