Movie Gallery / Hollywood Video / Game Zone 3.99 PS2,GC,XBOX Preplayed Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordVila

CAGiversary!
Feedback
63 (100%)
From now until further notice all preplayed PS2,XBOX and GC titles are 3.99. From the Movie Gallery store I work at I picked up 2 copies of Mercenaries 2 and Guitar Hero 3.

Also if your Movie Gallery has a Game Zone all preplayed Wii, 360 and PS3 games are 25% off. Most of the next gen games that are preplayed in the Game Zone sections come as trade-ins so you can generally find good copies its just that the selection wont be as good as a Gamestop.

Edit by Io - For those with Hollywood Videos around note that this sale applies only to stores that DO NOT have Gamecrazy's attached. Also, it is still highly YMMV at any given store. Some don't participate (manager's discretion) and some are just clueless and think you are talking about the concurrent $3.99 movie deal (which requires 2 rentals and only applies to movies $12.99 and under). I've gone to about 6 stores and have gotten about 4 different versions of the deal. There is a code they can scan that makes all these games come out to $3.99 no matter whether you rent or not and no matter what the original prices are - it is just YMMV whether they can A) Find that code and B) Choose to apply it to the games you want to buy ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
Still finding some things I wanted(though not for flipping)

Over the past few days I got:

:xbox:

Mega Man Anniversary(it's nice to have MM 1-9 on one system)
BLACK
Ninja Gaiden Black

:ps2:

Godzilla: Save the Earth
Raiden 3

Like I said, it's not flip-worthy at all, just stuff I wanted to play

I found some okay flipping material today. About 5 games. $20 HWV - $40 EB store credit. Used it to pay for Persona 4. I was going to get it anyway.

The employee working there was telling me stories about "All these guys who come in every day looking for games to trade back into gamestop" and how this one guy "made $100 on one $4 game!!"

What bullshit. He was trying to tell me gamestop gave $100 for one PS2 game. :whee:

And I'm the only one that's been clearing out that hollywood video. I don't know who these other people bragging at that store are, but I bought like 5 Mercenaries 2's, 3 lego batmans, all their tales of the Abyss, and like 40 other games, not counting the 360/PS3 stuff they sold me for $4...

[quote name='jer7583']I found some okay flipping material today. About 5 games. $20 HWV - $40 EB store credit. Used it to pay for Persona 4. I was going to get it anyway.

The employee working there was telling me stories about "All these guys who come in every day looking for games to trade back into gamestop" and how this one guy "made $100 on one $4 game!!"

What bullshit. He was trying to tell me gamestop gave $100 for one PS2 game. :whee:

And I'm the only one that's been clearing out that hollywood video. I don't know who these other people bragging at that store are, but I bought like 5 Mercenaries 2's, 3 lego batmans, all their tales of the Abyss, and like 40 other games, not counting the 360/PS3 stuff they sold me for $4...[/QUOTE]

which store was that 68th and state? they are tards lol

one guy there threatened me lol was odd

cheers
bug_nuts

[quote name='williamspam91']I know for sure this has been asked before but... is this online? and if so can you link it?[/quote]

Nope no online sadly

[quote name='bug_nuts']which store was that 68th and state? they are tards lol

one guy there threatened me lol was odd

cheers
bug_nuts[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was that.

Also that dude who sold me the 360 games is probably going to get fired. ;)

His manager was there, she told him to do it.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah it was that.

Also that dude who sold me the 360 games is probably going to get fired. ;)

His manager was there, she told him to do it.[/QUOTE]

I went there pretty much the first day of the sale.... and had to pretty much fight with a guy who had the scanning bar code in his hand but did not want to do that sale... i was like just call shorewood.... he continued to argue he was a test store and he was the manager..... later to find out the actual manager was in the office....... called the district manager... hopefully the guy gets fired lol... well i dont hope that.. but he would deserve it....

cheers
bug_nuts

I've got a friend named jimmy who works there so if it's him, go easy, k? ;)

For those of you in oklahoma, the store in Edmond has 10 copies of SW: Battlefront 2 for the ps2, 2 copies of animal crossing for the GC and a few other quality games... they werent scratched up either, for the most part.

Stopped by a new Hollywood Video tonight. Turned out to have GameCrazy attached, so this sale not available. They did have "Four for $10" sale on last-gen stuff though. Some good at least 2:1 flips from that. Got Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel and DOA Ultimate for myself, and Zatch Bell: Mamodo Battle for trading or something too. Used a HWV gift card with credit from trading Gears to a regular store.

Just found a store that I hadn't been to yet (about ~30 miles from home) and picked up the following:

PS2:

Baldur's Gate: DA2
Lego Batman
Lego Indy Jones
Merceneries 2
Rogue Galaxy
Xenosaga III
Yakuza

Gamecube:

Lost Kingdoms II
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Party 4
Skies of Arcadia x2 :D
Super Mario Strikers
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Needless to say I was a very happy CAG :)

I asked about maybe converting Pikmin 2 from a rental to a pre-played game, but they said no and then one of the clerks proceeded to tell me you could buy any one of the gamecube games on the Wii's Virtual Console for "dude, like $5.99" :roll:. "What about the space limitations," I asked, which he then proceeded to tell me about the Wii hard drives that are only out in Japan. :whee:

[quote name='romodome']yeah, they tried to say $10. Sucks.[/quote]

WHAT?
so GoW dropped to $10?:cry:

Was going to pick up a few more copies of GoW using the week's GS coupon..I guess not.
[quote name='punkmaggit']Just found a store that I hadn't been to yet (about ~30 miles from home) and picked up the following:

PS2:

Baldur's Gate: DA2
Lego Batman
Lego Indy Jones
Merceneries 2
Rogue Galaxy
Xenosaga III
Yakuza

Gamecube:

Lost Kingdoms II
Mario Kart Double Dash
Mario Party 4
Skies of Arcadia x2 :D
Super Mario Strikers
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Needless to say I was a very happy CAG :)

I asked about maybe converting Pikmin 2 from a rental to a pre-played game, but they said no and then one of the clerks proceeded to tell me you could buy any one of the gamecube games on the Wii's Virtual Console for "dude, like $5.99" :roll:. "What about the space limitations," I asked, which he then proceeded to tell me about the Wii hard drives that are only out in Japan. :whee:[/quote]

Nice haul!:applause:

Guys, can anyone confirm the $10 drop of gears of war Trade in...The lady who told me was reading her screen for about 20 seconds and sid, "this only trades infor $10.00" like someone is trying to get be banned or keep me from trading in more copies.

I was told that it was $10 at a MG on Tues. night, but then on Wed. night my mom traded it at a HWV for 30

GOW did in fact drop to 10 but brother's in arms hells highway for 360 gets 22.50 and armored core for answer for ps3 gets 19.50 for all of you that have gs credit you can get those for 20 new right now. Also I noticed a lot of people would put the trade in on a hwv gift card but what you guys should have done was left the balance on your account, buy the games you are wanting at the store, and then put the rest on a hwv gift card. All purchases, at least in Texas, with credit are tax free.

[quote name='findammon']GOW did in fact drop to 10 but brother's in arms hells highway for 360 gets 22.50 and armored core for answer for ps3 gets 19.50 for all of you that have gs credit you can get those for 20 new right now. Also I noticed a lot of people would put the trade in on a hwv gift card but what you guys should have done was left the balance on your account, buy the games you are wanting at the store, and then put the rest on a hwv gift card. All purchases, at least in Texas, with credit are tax free.[/quote]

I was just going to tell about this, only flipping to Blockbuster/GameRush. I got Game Crazy to price match Game Stop on Armored Core For Answer (PS3) and Brothers in Arms Hells Highway (360 x2) and paid $65 out the door and then went to Blockbuster and traded the three in for $90 total. It was a decent flip, even better if you can get Armored Core, and it cleared the GC/HWV credit I had remaining from the GOW flip from B2G1 @ GS.

[quote name='david12795']You know, I be willing to take MP4 off your hands :D[/quote]

These posts are getting old and do not belong here (for the umpteenth time...)
Just send a pm, works fine...might even work better!

[quote name='donut']These posts are getting old and do not belong here (for the umpteenth time...)
Just send a pm, works fine...might even work better![/quote]

kthxbai!

[quote name='findammon']GOW did in fact drop to 10 but brother's in arms hells highway for 360 gets 22.50 and armored core for answer for ps3 gets 19.50 for all of you that have gs credit you can get those for 20 new right now. Also I noticed a lot of people would put the trade in on a hwv gift card but what you guys should have done was left the balance on your account, buy the games you are wanting at the store, and then put the rest on a hwv gift card. All purchases, at least in Texas, with credit are tax free.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up:cry:

I called a HWV earlier tonight, and the guy said GOW is $30 TIV...without even hesitating...I said "well, I had heard it dropped and he said "no, I just did one earlier today and it was 30"....so who knows

I'll call tomorrow morning and see what they tell me.

Speaking of calling, I called two HWV's tonight to see if they were participating in the 3.99 deal. They both told me "we don't sell video games."

[quote name='bgame2']I'll call tomorrow morning and see what they tell me.

Speaking of calling, I called two HWV's tonight to see if they were participating in the 3.99 deal. They both told me "we don't sell video games."[/quote]

Did they have Gamecrazy's attached? That could be why they said that.

[quote name='shoe478']Did they have Gamecrazy's attached? That could be why they said that.[/quote]
If they had a brain or any sense of service they would've said "we don't sell video games, but the Game Crazy next door to us can help you, here is their number". Oh well...

Are any of you people still picking anything up? I went to two MG's today that had removed all signage of the sale; hmmm........

My Movie Gallery still has it going on, but they have not converted or added anything since the sale started. It's always the same clerk there when I go, telling me there's nothing new.

came home with:
Mk:Armageddon
Tokobot Plus
Narutimate 2(i hate calling it ultimate ninja)
Altellier Iris

most of the good stuff was gone but they do have a copy of Grim Grimoire which i own already and i may go back for Raiden III,GTA Libery city stories, and Kingdom Hearts 2.

[quote name='Ronin Bahamut']TIVs 12/07/08 - Bay Area, CA
XB360
Armored Core 4 Answer - $18
Monster Jam - $8.95[/quote]

Wow. You could have got $54 total for these 2 games at Blockbuster.

[quote name='emg28']Wow. You could have got $54 total for these 2 games at Blockbuster.[/quote]

Not to mention that Hollywood pricematch's BB's TIV's if you remember to ask.

[quote name='emg28']Wow. You could have got $54 total for these 2 games at Blockbuster.[/quote]
I called to ask for those TIVs so I can contribute to this specific thread. I know they get more from other places. And I know about the TIV price matching. Thanks anyway though.

My HWV replenished their stock today.
I picked up:
:gc:
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Pikmin 2
Super Mario Sunshine
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Party 6
Kirby Air Ride
Animal Crossing
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

:ps2:
NASCAR 08
Incredible Hulk
Family Guy

GoW did drop to $10, so the GoW flip is dead.

My Hollywood Video had some awesome deals.
I picked up:
Metroid Prime 2:Echoes
Mario Kart Double Dash
Destroy All Humans 2
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
Super Smash Bros Melee
Pikmin 2
Mario Party 6
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Destroy All Humans
Kirby Air Ride
Sonic Adventure DX Directors Cut
DBZ Budokai 3
SSX On Tour
Burnout 3 Takedown
Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Halo 2
Animal Crossing
Crash Bandicoot Twin Smith

Does anybody here flip to eBay?

[quote name='animemaniac14']holy CRAP this deal is still going on?![/quote]
Yes! :lol:

The manager told me a shipment is coming in next week for the sale. :D

Yeah I found a load of gamecube games newly placed out today. Not at the state street store, so IDK what they have. I'm eager to go there tomorrow since they had a plump and ripe gamecube rental section. All the gamecube discs are in horrific shape, though. Expect refurb fees. Good thing the TIVs are so high.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I found a load of gamecube games newly placed out today. Not at the state street store, so IDK what they have. I'm eager to go there tomorrow since they had a plump and ripe gamecube rental section. All the gamecube discs are in horrific shape, though. Expect refurb fees. Good thing the TIVs are so high.[/quote]

Just ask to get them resurfaced when you purchase them from HWV/MG, I got alot resurfaced for free as i purchased them, it took some time, but was free.

All of the stores around here give me a bullshit excuse about the machine being broken. When they're using it for rentals at the same time. Or that the machine is too backed up with other people's purchases. Or that you're suppossed to pay for buffing even if you are purchasing.

Whatever lie they can come up with at the time to say no, pretty much. I've tried several times. Those gamecube games looked like they had been buffed many times already as well.

ohh, that would be so nice to grab some good GC conversions! I've got a few stores around here that would be ripe for the picking....Here we go again!

anyone got any help from corporate about the "$14.99 and under only" BS excuse. stores here have put these signs up AFTER the first week. amusing but annoying. if there is a way to get them to honor this on ALL used PS2 games pls let me know.

[quote name='jer7583']Yeah I found a load of gamecube games newly placed out today. Not at the state street store, so IDK what they have. I'm eager to go there tomorrow since they had a plump and ripe gamecube rental section. All the gamecube discs are in horrific shape, though. Expect refurb fees. Good thing the TIVs are so high.[/QUOTE]

ill be hitting up the milwaukee stores 2morrow... let uk now how it goes!

Tonight at a store I had picked pretty clean I found some new stuff out
All Gamecube
Animal Crossing
Zelda Four Sword
Paper Mario
Mario Kart Double dash
Metrood prime 2
Mario Golf
Mario Power Tennis

Disc are in bad shape, one even what appears to be jelly on it.
If no return fees I'd get 63 but probly get closer to 40.
not too bad since the credit was sitting at that store from a gears of war $30 trade last week.
Will check out two more hwv's Monday.

Wow, seems like were all getting the same games, weird tho....one of the two stores said the deal is over. Thank god the one where i got all the games still had it goin on. I got-

As of 12/08

Kirby air ride - $8 base GS tiv
Futurama - $12.50
Mario tennis -$10
pikmin 2 - $15.75
Super mario sunshine (kept)
Zelda four swords (kept)
Paper mario (kept)

Took your guys advice and had them resurface Futurama...looked brand new afterwards..no swirl marks or nothing!!

All in all turned $16 into $66.50

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back