Movies that you love but your friends hate...

crickett003

CAGiversary!
I thought this would be interesting.

I'll start of with two of my personal faves:

*DRIVE- w/ Mark Dacascos and Kadeem Hardison

*SIX-STRING SAMURAI (Love that cheese!)

Final Fantasy: The Movie. I love it because of the graphical nature. Everyone hates it because the story sucks.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']man on the moon, most of the movies I like my friends have never seen though.

I hated six string samurai.[/QUOTE]

very odd...as soon as i saw the title of this thread, that is the exact same movie that i was thinking of

If it counts as a 3 hour movie, FLCL. Apparently everyone else just felt stupid afterward no matter how many times I watch it

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Dogma, Lost In Translation (just one of them).[/QUOTE]

Any friend that doesn't like Lost in Translation isn't much of a friend.

Same for Six String Samurai :lol:

I really liked Immortal and Sky Captian because they both looked so awesome

also a lot of my friends really liked spiderman 2 and being the comics dork/fanboy i am, i was nitpicky and coudlnt stand it

[quote name='bobo2k4']Lost In Translation
- I guess they didnt get it.
[/QUOTE]

I got Lost in Translation. And it still sucked. It drowned in it's own pretensiousness.

As for one of my favorite movies, I loved Shadowland with Anthony Hopkins. It's not a chick flick. It's a romatic movie for men.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']28 Days Later. i hyped it up to my friends after seeing it with my cousin, they later told me it was utter crap.[/QUOTE]

Seconded, along with FF:Spirits Within.

radcover1.jpg

It borders on obsession.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Any friend that doesn't like Lost in Translation isn't much of a friend.[/QUOTE]

He only watched it for Scarlett ... I'm not sure he even bothered to finish it. :cry:

My sister also hated it ... it was almost over and she got tired of waiting for it to "start" so she turned it off. I really detest her sometimes. :bomb: :lol:

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I got Lost in Translation. And it still sucked. It drowned in it's own pretensiousness.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']He only watched it for Scarlett ... I'm not sure he even bothered to finish it. :cry:

My sister also hated it ... it was almost over and she got tired of waiting for it to "start" so she turned it off. I really detest her sometimes. :bomb: :lol:

:whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

in a very non-sarcastic way could you please tell me what there is to get about lost in translation? it seems this movie is like radiohead; if you don't like it it's assumed you "just don't get it." i watched LIT and was left wondering what the big deal was.

I have two friends that have seen most of the movies and like most of the movies we have seen. However most of my friends have not or don't remember movies that we have seen.

[quote name='Odenat']The Big Lebowski, Fear and Loathing in las vegas[/QUOTE]

Anyone who hates the Big Lebowski should be taken out back and shot.

[quote name='MrMaddness']Anyone who hates the Big Lebowski should be taken out back and shot.[/QUOTE]

Are you implying Old Yeller hated The Big Lebowski? ;)

Monthy Python's Life of Brian. loved it even more than Quest for the Holy Grail. My friends hated it.

[quote name='sying']The Spongebob Squarepants Movie[/QUOTE]

I've yet to see it, but with Scarlett and Jeffrey Tambor involved I don't see how it wouldn't be excellent.

[quote name='MrMaddness']Anyone who hates the Big Lebowski should be taken out back and shot.[/QUOTE]

fuck I was gonna say the same thing. That movie is pure gold. Easily one of my top three favorite movies of all time.

WHERE'S THE MONEY LEBOWSKI

[quote name='sying']The Spongebob Squarepants Movie[/QUOTE]
Oh man, my buddies and I were on the fence about it, but after the Hasselhoff camero we were sold on it :rofl:

Cable Guy

I think it's absolutely hilarious. Ben Stiller directing, Owen Wilson, Jack Black. My guess is people didn't like it because they were just expecting another riff on an Ace Ventura-like character.

[quote name='neocisco']Cable Guy

I think it's absolutely hilarious. Ben Stiller directing, Owen Wilson, Jack Black. My guess is people didn't like it because they were just expecting another riff on an Ace Ventura-like character.[/QUOTE]
That, and it makes people who watch a lot of TV or let the TV babysit their kids take a long, hard look at themselves, and john and jane Q public don't seem to like movies which make them look at their own flaws.

[quote name='Drtyazn']Time Bandits.... I just watched it the other night...[/QUOTE]
seconded! One of my all-time faves!

I would have to go with these:

Underworld (Love this movie but my friends don't like it)
Resident Evil: Apocolypse (Like it but friends dont)

bread's done
Back