Movies that you love but your friends hate...

Series 7: The Contenders.
More lifelike and 'realistic' than 90% of the "reality" shows they drench the airwaves with. Also more frightening, and quite prescient. It's what The Running Man should have been. My wife, who adores those pseudo-reality craptrap shows, can't stand this movie.
I detest 'reality' shows, but I love this movie.

Spaceballs! Only one of my friends really appreciates that movie the way I do. The others mostly just think my obsession with it is silly, my wife included.

Howard the Duck is another one. I loved that movie!

My wife just doesn't understand my obsession with Jackie Chan and Jet Li movies (or anything kung-fu).

Another I find that my friends just don't appreciate is "28 Days Later" and "Pitch Black".

How about "Starship Troopers"???

[quote name='onetrackmind']my girlfriend hates when i watch the big lebowski, scerpico, trainspotting, and snatch.[/QUOTE]

Then what the fuck are you still doing with her? :roll: :lol:

[quote name='guardian_owl']That, and it makes people who watch a lot of TV or let the TV babysit their kids take a long, hard look at themselves, and john and jane Q public don't seem to like movies which make them look at their own flaws.[/QUOTE]

Particularly when they expect Jim Carrey to be talking out of his butt.

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Any friend that doesn't like Lost in Translation isn't much of a friend.

Same for Six String Samurai :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lost in Translation had a thud for an ending in my opinion, otherwise the rest of the movie was great.

[quote name='jshendel']Final Fantasy: The Movie. I love it because of the graphical nature. Everyone hates it because the story sucks.[/QUOTE]

It really is a crappy "movie," but it is awesome how great it looks.

I still haven't seen Advent of Children :whistle2:(

[quote name='2poor']hard target ft. jean claude van dam[/QUOTE]

I haven't even heard of that movie, when did that come out?

The only Van Damme movies I remember being worth watching were Kick Boxer, Blood Sport, and Universal Soldier.

My sister likes the part where Van Damme shakes his booty in Kick Boxer :lol:

[quote name='opportunity777']I haven't even heard of that movie, when did that come out?

The only Van Damme movies I remember being worth watching were Kick Boxer, Blood Sport, and Universal Soldier.

My sister likes the part where Van Damme shakes his booty in Kick Boxer :lol:[/QUOTE]

I like Kickboxer and Bloodsport, too. Those, along with (to a lesser extent) No Retreat, No Surrender, are the only good Van Damme movies.

That part with Van Damme in the bar that you mentioned is funny. I like how he fights drunk, stumbles to the table, knocks over all his empty glasses, downs another shot, and then does an ear clap to the thug that tries to attack him at the table.

[quote name='2poor']oh yeah that was it. that was a good movie too.[/QUOTE]

In interviews Van Damme admitted that he was "coked up" BIG TIME during the filming of Knock Off. You can kind of tell by his performance.

I have the import of Battlefield Baseball (actually overseas it was changed to Battlefield Stadium, because they don't actually play baseball)...and I popped it in my friend's DVD player. Man, I never heard so many people bitch about a movie. I warned them that it was sooo bad that it's good....but ah, whatever. My girlfriend & I still liked it.

battlefield baseball sucked. its so crappy. i thought it was supposed to be like shaolin soccer but i was way off.

[quote name='crickett003']In interviews Van Damme admitted that he was "coked up" BIG TIME during the filming of Knock Off. You can kind of tell by his performance.[/QUOTE]

I just previewed the trailer through IMDB, I actually saw that movie :lol:

The ending was way to drawn out if I remember correctly.

[quote name='2poor']battlefield baseball sucked. its so crappy. i thought it was supposed to be like shaolin soccer but i was way off.[/QUOTE]

What? You don't like watching people get blown up by catching a baseball? I actually haven't seen it, only the trailer. It looks absolutely ridiculous. Probably only tolerable when completely wasted? :)

bread's done
Back