MS Bringing It Home: E3 2008

It looks like they don't let you use the move players HD stream unless you are an IGN subscriber... Boo!

But I'll still watch the IGN stream, to support move (a nearby company I almost applied for).

Right now should the livewire stream just say "LIVEWIRE" in big letters? That's what I'm getting now (i know the conference hasn't started yet).

[quote name='Wyatt']Their suspected motion controller announcement is going to be interesting with the new Wii MotionPlus from Nintendo. If Microsoft can implement 1:1 motion controls without a $20 add-on, it could be big for them.[/QUOTE]You're forgetting that in order to get the motion controls on the 360 you'll still have to buy a whole new controller.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Right now should the livewire stream just say "LIVEWIRE" in big letters? That's what I'm getting now (i know the conference hasn't started yet).[/quote]

I think so, that's what I'm getting. You can see the background moving and the little live wire line moving.

[quote name='MisterHand']You're forgetting that in order to get the motion controls on the 360 you'll still have to buy a whole new controller.[/quote]

I'm thinking that they won't just come out with a $50 motion controller in stores randomly. They'll probably bundle it with games and possibly systems for a decent price. They're far too behind with the motion control thing to just release the controller in stores. Plus, we don't know if this could just be a $20 thing you plug into the normal 360 controller. We'll find out soon enough, though.

[quote name='MisterHand']You're forgetting that in order to get the motion controls on the 360 you'll still have to buy a whole new controller.[/QUOTE]

That's why a motion controller most likely wouldn't be attempted unless it were launched (bundled) with a fun game. Peripheral controllers historically don't do well otherwise. (see guitar hero)

[quote name='thrustbucket']That's why a motion controller most likely wouldn't be attempted unless it were launched (bundled) with a fun game. Peripheral controllers historically don't do well otherwise. (see guitar hero)[/quote]
Agreed. There have been a lot of rumors that one will come with the new Banjo game, so I guess we'll see soon enough.

G4 is airing a pre-show thing right now. Doesn't really seem worth watching but I have it on the TV anyways. Should be on the stream too, I think.

edit: Dan Hsu previously from EGM is on there. It's worth watching now.
edit2: He's gone. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KaneRobot']Anyone going to make an AIM room? Or use the CAG chatroom?[/quote]
I hope someone will make something. Do you have a link to that CAG chatroom?

They took it off the main page, I'm sure someone knows what it is though. It would be a lot better than just jamming this thread full of posts every 30 seconds.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does the G4 screen go black when they cut to commercial?[/quote]
It has been for me. It's really annoying.

[quote name='NateNinja']Where's the best place to watch? Ign.com seems to be behind a couple mins, gamespot is down for me, and G4tv.com doesn't work[/QUOTE]
then obviously go with the one that actually works for you :D

haha, IGNs coverage is nice with Sessler & Webb's head at the bottom.

I am rocking out to this music in my office at work. Oh well, there goes my afternoon productivity.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Is IGN live now? Must be blocked from me at work then, I still see the live wire screen. G4 works fine though.[/quote]

IGN JUST JUST started, streaming much better than G4...

edit: but is behind G4 I guess...

bread's done
Back