MS Bringing It Home: E3 2008

[quote name='KaneRobot']X3F is saying at a briefing earlier MS did say that they'd likely have achievement-based clothing...so I guess that's one good thing about Avatars? Maybe? You likey?[/quote]

I think that's awesome honestly. I would love some Spartan armor for my avatar. If they add achievement clothing on achievements we've already gotten then some of you cheesemint whores have something to look forward to.

Me, not so much. But it's still awesome.

The green controller hurts my eyes. I swear I saw them using a Gears 2 controller when they demoed it, but that might have just been the red. I really want a Gears controller I think it would sell better than any other controller (besides white), even it just had the COG symbol on it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']is new content up today on XBLM?[/quote]

I know Ive read somewhere that there is 3 new games up today, plus I saw that they already put up the USA/NBC/WB's stuff on MP.

The problem with the new controllers are that they have the same shitty dpad. Does MS think there is nothing wrong with that junk? Seriously i wish they would bring out a controller with something more dependable. Not only do i sometimes hit left or right and it also makes me press up or down, but sometimes it slides too much in one direction and pressing in that direction doesnt do anything.

Good call on the d-pad though. They should have fixed it long ago. It doesn't require any new parts or R&D money. Simply a new mold for the controller with the inner ring the d-pad sits in shaved down a couple millimeters.

I just can't get over the fact I have to be represented on the 360 with a fucking cartoon character. I want to keep my Hitman gamertile, not have a lousy Mii clone. WTF is happening to the Xbox? It went from a solid console for adult gamers into this Candyland shit.

Seriously, I don't get the d-pad shit. I can't think of any games that use it for anything other then, like, changing weapons or shit like that.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Seriously, I don't get the d-pad shit. I can't think of any games that use it for anything other then, like, changing weapons or shit like that.[/quote]

True, you dont use it for many games. But playing games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, pulling moves off with the analog stick is tough for me. Plus i can hit back, back, forward a lot faster using a dpad then the analog stick.

I can't even play Tony Hawk type games with an analog. Tried so many times and always revert to d-pad. 2D games like Castlevania on XBLA didn't feel right with an analog. Even Soul Calibur isn't as fluid, and that's a game originally designed for analog, go figure.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I can't even play Tony Hawk type games with an analog. Tried so many times and always revert to d-pad. 2D games like Castlevania on XBLA didn't feel right with an analog. Even Soul Calibur isn't as fluid, and that's a game originally designed for analog, go figure.[/quote]

I totally forgot about tony hawk. Now i remember how much i didnt like using the analog when i got THP8. But that was all fixed when Skate. came out. :D

bread's done
Back