MS Bringing It Home: E3 2008

[quote name='KingBroly']I just want to know how in the hell neither Sony nor Microsoft have been able to get A FREAKING TRAILER OF FINAL FANTASY XIII ON THEIR MARKETPLACE? Seriously, does Square destroy their code after every unveiling or something? I'm sick and tired of this off-screen stuff. I want Hi-Def, in my face video, right now!

I'm betting Banjo will be 800, because at 1200 they can kiss that franchise goodbye.[/QUOTE]

The E3 XIII trailer is available in HD on GT.

I heard you can chose to have the blades like the old way, but the update is like any others, you don't NEED to.

But why the fuck wouldn't you? ;/

[quote name='KillJoi99']Honestly, Im really disappointed that they didnt announce that. I was really looking forward to motion control, 4 person private chat, clan integration, ect, but instead Im downgrading from the dashboard to the Wii interface. Im actually kind of disapointed.[/QUOTE]

They are putting in 8 person chat.

[quote name='DarkRequiem']I heard you can chose to have the blades like the old way, but the update is like any others, you don't NEED to.

But why the fuck wouldn't you? ;/[/QUOTE]

What they meant by that is that now when you press the guide button, anywhere, you'll get a miniature version of the blade interface that gives you shortcuts to everything:

IMG_3986.JPG

As I understand it, you can theoretically use this interface to do everything, if you so choose.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Wait though, isn't this new "dash" really just for the "Xbox Experience"? And not the general dash?[/quote]

the new dashboard is the new dashboard. it's the general dashboard.

More general thoughts I glossed over this morning during the chaotic, fast-updating thread.

- While I try to remain optimistic, I cannot say I dig the new Dashboard interface. I fail to see how this design would lead to easier navigation and efficient content browsing. This new interface reminds me of Apple's Cover Flow and Microsoft's Windows Vista: pretty but inefficient.

- Here's hoping Microsoft has tons of styles, clothes, and other various tweaks for Avatars. If everyone's Avatar looks the same, it'll be an eyesore. I would prefer it if they allowed me to recreate Motoko Kusanagi as my Avatar (as it's my gamerpic). I know we will be able to use gamerpics, but it just seems stubborn to resist trying out a new feature.

The current dash is the best. I don't get why they felt the need to change it. Probably want the 360 to resemble Media Center. The Netflix partnership is probably the catalyst.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Lets just hope they dont give us 10 shirts, 10 pants, and expect us to pay for more.[/quote]

You know that one is inevitable. This is the same company that only lets us use 1 pic for custom themes and doesn't let us use our own pics AT ALL for our gamer pics.

I love the integration of Netflix with the 360. The one thing I worry about now is Netflix creating NEW pay structure plans or possibly increasing prices. I currently have the 2 at a time plan.

The new dashboard seems iffy to me, I like it, but I don't. It seems like Apple with the Flip Album type thing. Interesting I suppose.

I think the new dashboard is just a precursor to motion controls like the Wii next-gen, if not this generation. Those large window panes just make it perfect for sliding them around with a motion controller. They're probably just easing us into that idea.

[quote name='doubledown']I love the integration of Netflix with the 360. The one thing I worry about now is Netflix creating NEW pay structure plans or possibly increasing prices. I currently have the 2 at a time plan.

The new dashboard seems iffy to me, I like it, but I don't. It seems like Apple with the Flip Album type thing. Interesting I suppose.[/quote]

Well they announced that you could buy a stand alone player for about $70 to stream movies, just like the 360 so Im guessing it will work the same way. Prices can be found here and if you have the 2 DVD plan it is unlimited to PC so it must be unlimited to your 360. After a few months of this being out and if it works alright I may get Netflix just for this.

I know Netflix SAYS they will not raise prices, I just doubt we'll see that. They said they would not raise prices for Blu-Ray rentals, but they plan on doing that eventually.

I

though I dug the speech and what they showed for the XBLA but was anyone else disappointed that they didn't announce a game for a secret release this week?

[quote name='KillJoi99']Yea, but only in the dashboard, that doesnt really count.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but the way it was explained was you can form a party of up to 8 in the dashboard. Talk, watch movies, play games. Take the party anywhere. So I think it would be a bit weird if you could only chat in the dashboard and you couldn't in games.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I could be wrong, but the way it was explained was you can form a party of up to 8 in the dashboard. Talk, watch movies, play games. Take the party anywhere. So I think it would be a bit weird if you could only chat in the dashboard and you couldn't in games.[/quote]
Thats what I got from it too, however one person can not be in Gears while others are in Halo and others are in GTA ect. I want a real 4 person+ private chat where the above can happen.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It ends just after 7 AM PST, Linkin.[/quote]

I didn't count...just went by this:

With no information released during the Microsoft Press Conference yesterday many assumed Bungie's hints at an announcement were teased to the community with no real purpose. However, as we reported earlier, Bungie.Net has been taken over by the mascot dubbed the Superintendent promising to clean up the server. A counter also appeared on the splash page that expires at roughly 10 AM PT on Wednesday, July 17.
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/15/e308-theories-mount-on-possible-bungie-announcement/

[quote name='KillJoi99']You know that one is inevitable. This is the same company that only lets us use 1 pic for custom themes and doesn't let us use our own pics AT ALL for our gamer pics.[/quote]
My gamerpicture is currently Groundskeeper Willie if you're on my friends list. It's certainly not impossible to have custom Gamerpics. ;)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Looks like Bungie might have something up its sleeve:
http://www.bungie.net/defaultsi.aspx

A countdown that should end around 10am PT tomorrow will hopefully reveal something good.[/quote]

I saw that on someone's blog. I can't see how it's Halo related, except for color scheme and maybe looks like the same blue tinted tech holoscreen thing. But I don't think Halo would have warnings like "PROCEED WITH CAUTION" OR "BILLS PAST DUE."

I can't wait for this. For sure it's gonna be a new IP to be announced. But if it isn't, please don't let it be another Oni game.

[quote name='typeRJ']I saw that on someone's blog. I can't see how it's Halo related, except for color scheme and maybe looks like the same blue tinted tech holoscreen thing. But I don't think Halo would have warnings like "PROCEED WITH CAUTION" OR "BILLS PAST DUE."

I can't wait for this. For sure it's gonna be a new IP to be announced. But if it isn't, please don't let it be another Oni game.[/quote]
I think it'll have something to do with that superintendent plunger dude.

[quote name='JJSP']My gamerpicture is currently Groundskeeper Willie if you're on my friends list. It's certainly not impossible to have custom Gamerpics. ;)[/quote]
Ahh, thats a personal picture. Another way to just jew us out. There not trying to protect little friends by letting you take pics with your camera, the're just trying to make more money.

[quote name='typeRJ']I saw that on someone's blog. I can't see how it's Halo related, except for color scheme and maybe looks like the same blue tinted tech holoscreen thing. But I don't think Halo would have warnings like "PROCEED WITH CAUTION" OR "BILLS PAST DUE."

I can't wait for this. For sure it's gonna be a new IP to be announced. But if it isn't, please don't let it be another Oni game.[/quote]

...Or the fact Bungie isn't shit without Halo.

[quote name='KillJoi99']Ahh, thats a personal picture. Another way to just jew us out. There not trying to protect little friends by letting you take pics with your camera, the're just trying to make more money.[/quote]
Quoted for ridiculousness.

Godforfuckingbid a company try to make money. They obviously sell - no sense in stopping the juggernaut that is DLC. I hope that's alright with you - wouldn't want you to feel "jewed out". :roll:

^I love my XBOX and all but, they have taken the gamerpics and themes to an all new level. Its kind of common nature to feel ripped off when they charge you $2 for something you could have photoshoped in 5 minutes, and plus they dont even let you preview them. SOMETIMES they'll put a very small pic of them in the top, but most of the time not.

X3F is saying at a briefing earlier MS did say that they'd likely have achievement-based clothing...so I guess that's one good thing about Avatars? Maybe? You likey?

[quote name='KaneRobot']X3F is saying at a briefing earlier MS did say that they'd likely have achievement-based clothing...so I guess that's one good thing about Avatars? Maybe? You likey?[/quote]

That's what they should have done with gamerpics. Its a nice feature to a crappy feature that no one seems to want. I can see the marketplace flooded with all kinds of "accessories" and "clothing" for your avatar...ugh.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Was anything announced regarding tomorrow's XBLA releases?[/quote]
Just the same crossword game they announced last week.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Achievement shirts would be very cool, as there some nice icons out there and enough for everyone to be different.[/quote]
Even though I highly doubt it...retro-active achievement shirts would be really cool. Heck it would be cool to use the Dead Rising clothing. Mega Man Avatar!...I might actually have to finish that game up.

[quote name='KaneRobot']X3F is saying at a briefing earlier MS did say that they'd likely have achievement-based clothing...so I guess that's one good thing about Avatars? Maybe? You likey?[/QUOTE]

So I could get an Avatar achievement shirt for my Avatar?

[quote name='KaneRobot']X3F is saying at a briefing earlier MS did say that they'd likely have achievement-based clothing...so I guess that's one good thing about Avatars? Maybe? You likey?[/quote]

I dig it - a lot. :applause:

Considering the mini blades that pops up, it looks like all those themes I've bought/collected are now worthless. I hope they at least give me a point credit or something so I can exchange it for avatar stuff.

[quote name='KingBroly']I just want to know how in the hell neither Sony nor Microsoft have been able to get A FREAKING TRAILER OF FINAL FANTASY XIII ON THEIR MARKETPLACE? Seriously, does Square destroy their code after every unveiling or something? I'm sick and tired of this off-screen stuff. I want Hi-Def, in my face video, right now!

I'm betting Banjo will be 800, because at 1200 they can kiss that franchise goodbye.[/quote]

Seriously Square is a bunch of douches. They are so fricken weird with this trailer, they have showed it at what, 3 E3's? And twice in "private quarters" to limited (VERY limited) press, THE same damn trailer with added 2 seconds of footage.

Then at Microsoft's conference they pull back the camera because the same trailer is playing again?

I really really hate square now.

bread's done
Back