MS Bringing It Home: E3 2008

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']When does that new Dashboard update come out?[/quote]

It's the Fall update.

------

Gears 2 LE Package (sorry can't find bigger image at the moment)
GOW2LEcontent.jpg

[quote name='thrustbucket']Mirrors Edge. Doesn't look half bad. Fresh take on FPS.

[/QUOTE]

That game needs good controls or else it will be another Breakdown which used a lot of hand movements and failed.

[quote name='Bazz']Does anyone know the name of the song when lips video came on?[/quote]

The one they sang in the video (not the annoying blonde, but in the trailer) was "Young Folks" by Peter, Bjorn and John.

An exciting tidbit that they forgot to include at todays conference:
During the Community Briefing brunch, we were told by both Aaron Greenburg and Marc Whitten that the the Fall update will usher in improved functionality between Xbox.com and the Xbox Live Marketplace. Similar to how Halo 3 handles content downloads, subscribers will be able to browse, purchase and queue up downloads via the site and, when the console is turned on, all the queued downloads will download. So, that means you'll be able to spend your Microsoft points all from the comforts of your work's cubicle.
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/tag/xblm

Sweet!

Anyone know where I can watch the keynote? I'm sure it'll be available somewhere sometime soon - I missed it this morning, and I'd really like to check it out.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone know where I can watch the keynote? I'm sure it'll be available somewhere sometime soon - I missed it this morning, and I'd really like to check it out.[/quote]

g4tv.com

I can't believe people (not here) are already calling Fallout 3 GotY because they were shooting teddy bears at a bugged NPC on G4...

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']seems that in order to have netflix watched by friends the have to be subscribers as well... up to 8 friends can watch with you.[/QUOTE]

They all have to have XBL gold as well.

Seems that we're also getting red and green controllers in September.

Yeah, 'cause those blue and pink ones sold like fucking hotcakes.

[quote name='JJSP']Seems that we're also getting red and green controllers in September.

Yeah, 'cause those blue and pink ones sold like fucking hotcakes.[/quote]

Why not have more colors? It's not like the controllers are affecting your gaming or not? It's rather nice to see different colors/designs instead of the plain white color.

So does anyone have a link abuout the installing games on your HDD. Ive heard about it, but cant seem to find it. If this is true, Im going out to buy a 120 Gig along with my Gamefly account.

Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

interesting..

Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.

Whelp, there goes my thought for an exploit. Damn MS and there wanting to think.

360 games load fairly quick these days anyways. So rather than producing drives that minimize noise, they rather have it so you dump the entire game on to the 360 and load it from there. They need to work out a system quick that allows the game to be tied to the system/hard drive/gamer tag or else it's really not going to be worth filling our small 20 gig hard drives with 2-3 games, forcing us to "Upgrade" to the 60 or 120 gig hard drive.

So other than noise reduction during gameplay, I see no real need to dump it to the hard drive.

[quote name='ITDEFX']360 games load fairly quick these days anyways. So rather than producing drives that minimize noise, they rather have it so you dump the entire game on to the 360 and load it from there. They need to work out a system quick that allows the game to be tied to the system/hard drive/gamer tag or else it's really not going to be worth filling our small 20 gig hard drives with 2-3 games, forcing us to "Upgrade" to the 60 or 120 gig hard drive.

So other than noise reduction during gameplay, I see no real need to dump it to the hard drive.[/quote]

Digital Distribution.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Digital Distribution.[/quote]

Honestly, Im really disappointed that they didnt announce that. I was really looking forward to motion control, 4 person private chat, clan integration, ect, but instead Im downgrading from the dashboard to the Wii interface. Im actually kind of disapointed.

I'm getting the fealing that they will end up haveing a Gears of War editon of the 360. Or atleast a controller of it. Unless the guy showing off gears just had a red controller.

[quote name='sendme']I'm getting the fealing that they will end up haveing a Gears of War editon of the 360. Or atleast a controller of it. Unless the guy showing off gears just had a red controller.[/quote]It's already been stated that the red controller will be released as a limited edition along with a green one later in the year for a staggering $65.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's already been stated that the red controller will be released as a limited edition along with a green one later in the year for a staggering $65.[/quote]

yeah, but that also includes a play and charge kit

That new dash board looks disgusting, the design is terrible and lame.I really hate Microsofts answer to miis. Why can they just keep gamer pictures, I don't want a lousy mii Avatar. Even if you can still use gamer pics like Microsoft said I just don't want that avatar. I don't want to see my friends crappy avatars when they're online. I want them gone!!!!! I'm glad microsoft didn't announced a wiimote like device for the 360, let's hope they don't go that route.

As far as games, Fall out 3 seem awesome. I was pleased with the demo and I can't wait to see more of the game. All I wanted was RE5 to Co op and they delivered, thank you capcom

[quote name='sendme']I'm getting the fealing that they will end up haveing a Gears of War editon of the 360. Or atleast a controller of it. Unless the guy showing off gears just had a red controller.[/quote]
Do you mean the Gears of War 2 Xbox 360 that Cliffy showed off on GameTrailers TV last week?

After watching the replay on G4, I'm liking the presentation a lot better. Still not sold on Avatars/new dashboard, but I'll wait until it's released before passing final judgement.

Not really any complaints beyond that. Depending on how decent the vocal cut for your own music on Lips is (I'm not expecting much), I may check it out. That game show stuff should be awesome.

Oh, and that Activision guy's presentation for Guitar Hero was even more unintentionally funny the second time around.

Is it just me or does this new 'xbox experience' look like they just copied Apple's CoverFlow and stuck it into a Wii-like shell? So far I'm not convinced. I hope it's good.

I keep reading on this board something about downloading full games to the HDD, what is that all about and where can I find more information on this?

[quote name='FrankySox']I keep reading on this board something about downloading full games to the HDD, what is that all about and where can I find more information on this?[/quote]
Major Nelson's website, the second post from the top.

[quote name='FrankySox']I keep reading on this board something about downloading full games to the HDD, what is that all about and where can I find more information on this?[/quote]The main part of this isn't downloading full retail games (outside of XBLA), but it's installing full retail disc games to reduce load times. This will apparently be compatible with past, present and future 360 disc-based games. You will still have to have the game disc in order to play the game, though.

The Digital Rights Management needs to be really fixed if they decide to do something like this other wise it's going to be pain in the ass if people continue to have high RRoD failure rates.

I do very much like the idea of Netflix coming to the 360. I hope this new service will be much cheaper than Netflix since you don't have to wait for it to arrive nor have to send it back when your done. Just order whatever you want for a low monthly rate and that's it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It's already been stated that the red controller will be released as a limited edition along with a green one later in the year for a staggering $65.[/quote]

[quote name='Scorch']yeah, but that also includes a play and charge kit[/quote]
Sweet, thanks for the info :) When I saw the controller I knew I had to have it :razz: And better yet, I won't have to have a mismatching rechargeable battery for it, woo.

And on the topic of the Avatars and new dashboard, I like it and it seems like it could be pretty fun, and it seems to already have more use than the Miis. Also want to know more about the gameshows that will be on Primetime, considering they have the company that produces Big Brother, there could be a LOT of potential.

Also, the only thing that makes me sad is that only Banjo-Kazooie is confirmed for XBLA, not Banjo-Tooie yet :( Hopefully if they follow in the footsteps of Sonic a bit, we'll just have to wait a little longer :) Oh, and I guess there is one more bad thing, and that is my hype for Fallout 3 is not nearly as high as it was before :(

I just want to know how in the hell neither Sony nor Microsoft have been able to get A FREAKING TRAILER OF FINAL FANTASY XIII ON THEIR MARKETPLACE? Seriously, does Square destroy their code after every unveiling or something? I'm sick and tired of this off-screen stuff. I want Hi-Def, in my face video, right now!

I'm betting Banjo will be 800, because at 1200 they can kiss that franchise goodbye.

I'd say 800 msp for Banjo, but I could see them having the balls to charge 1200 considering Puzzle Quest was that and Penny Arcade was 1600... On the other hand, Vigilante 8 is only going to be 800(in addition to DLC). So yea, I'm thinking 800 points...

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']How many points do you wager Banjo will be?[/quote]
800 or no dice. I'll break out the N64 if it is anymore.

bread's done
Back