MS Bringing It Home: E3 2008

I'm wondering if panning out was truly Square Enix's idea. They have been guarded about trailers in the past and it could just be an attempt to get people even more excited about it by being the most dick tease they could.

Sorry if this was posted already. But 33 pages? I aint going to search through all that crap.

http://majornelson.com/
Here is a look at some additional features you will find interesting:
· Play from hard drive. Copy your games from the game disc and play directly from the hard drive. Not only will the drive not spin, but load times are quicker, as well. Of course, you will still need the disc in the tray to prove you own the game.
· Access Xbox LIVE Marketplace on the Web. Browse and purchase Marketplace content whenever you want from Xbox.com and it downloads automatically to your console. Purchase that new map, television episode, the latest Xbox LIVE Arcade game or set up a movie to watch when you get home from work.
· Dashboard built into the new Xbox Guide. For everyone who loves the blades interface, it’s not going away; they are now built directly in to the new Xbox guide. Every feature and option is available right from the guide. You can even access your full games library at all times. No matter where you are (in dash or in game), immediately call up your games played list and directly launch a game.
· LIVE Party system. Create a party of up to eight friends, and stay with them from one game to another, or watch a Netflix movie together, or share a slideshow of your personal photos. It works with all Xbox 360 titles, not just upcoming games. LIVE Party allows up to eight people to chat in the dashboard, so you can meet up before playing.
· Xbox LIVE Primetime. This whole new category of games is going to give you more reasons to get online with your friends. Games will support everything you’d expect, like Achievements and leader boards, but many of these games will include real prizes. You can invite your friends, and even set a reminder for an upcoming show. Each game is broadcast simultaneously, so everyone is answering the same questions. Many events will have a live host, calling the shots as they happen.
· Avatars. Your online identity started as a Gamertag - it then grew into a personalized Gamercard. Now, it has evolved even further into avatars. You can express your style, check out new outfits and share this with the community. Avatars will also be integrated into Xbox LIVE Arcade games, LIVE Party, as well as retail games.
· New display support. Because you asked for it, we are adding 16X10 over VGA or HDMI, and support for 1440x900 or 1680x1050.

FXIII Versus is still a PS3 exclusive. Sorry guys.

Question: "Will FF Versus 13 be multi plat?"

Hashimoto: No.

Straight From their press conference going on now.

[quote name='homeland']Ya because 360 games aren't on torrent sites and alt.binaries groups right now....:roll:[/QUOTE]

Ya, but the hd makes it cheaper to pirate than buying expensive dual layer dvds and possibly easier for piracy to go undetected.(less bans on XBL for modded dvd firmware)

Rockband 2, 84 songs, export selected songs from the first Rockband so no disk swapping. released in September. im so gonna "Jump In."

sidenote: anyone count how many times u saw that xbox 360 screen then "jump in"? its had to be shown at least 1-2 times per demo

I'm just glad they didn't announce a motion controller. Could have been cool I guess, depending on the features, but I would rather just see some good games on a normal gamepad.

[quote name='SeanAmI122886']Ya, but the hd makes it cheaper to pirate than buying expensive dual layer dvds and possibly easier for piracy to go undetected.(less bans on XBL for modded dvd firmware)[/QUOTE]

It makes no difference. You would still have to burn the 360 games onto the expensive (they are like $3 each) first, then transfer to HDD, then still keep in tray. All it will gain is better loading.

[quote name='yukine']Renting the games and copying to the HDD wouldn't work, it still needs to be in the tray.

New dashboard looks fugly.[/QUOTE]

Which should make everyone that thinks their dvd drives are too loud pretty happy.

[quote name='dastly75']So you can ONLY have multiperson chat in the dashboard? Disappointing, I would have liked to have it be able to go while in game.[/quote]

considering it says you can follow them game to game and etc, i would imagine you can, it just threw that in there so you would know that you didn't have to be in a game to have the party going

[quote name='yukine']Renting the games and copying to the HDD wouldn't work, it still needs to be in the tray.
[/QUOTE]
We're saying there could be a possible work around that doesn't need the disc in the tray. I'd imagine a magic disc that tricks the new system into thinking its whatever game you want to play. Now that would be amazing. Come on zewone, make some new hacks!

[quote name='CouRageouS']We're saying there could be a possible work around that doesn't need the disc in the tray. I'd imagine a magic disc that tricks the new system into thinking its whatever game you want to play. Now that would be amazing. Come on zewone, make some new hacks![/QUOTE]

This was what I was trying to say.

While I'm not a fan of the Halo series, I am heavily interested to see if Bungie will drop gigglebombs on Wednesday (after Sony and Nintendo's presentations).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Fallout graphics and gameplay didn't impress me. I may just cancel my pre-order.

I never played a Fallout game before though.[/QUOTE]

What were you expecting?

You do know it's essentially oblivion in the future, right?

The dashboard UI definitely needed a redesign, but I am not loving what I see in those screenshots so far.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Fallout graphics and gameplay didn't impress me. I may just cancel my pre-order.

I never played a Fallout game before though.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat, I really want to like the game, but that demo did not impress me at all :/ I really want that lunchbox special edition.

[quote name='thrustbucket']What were you expecting?

You do know it's essentially oblivion in the future, right?[/quote]

Of course Oblivion in the future sounds be great, but this just doesn't seem to have that same feel as Oblivion. I really want to like this game, but I cannot see myself playing through the "100 hour" story with what I have seen from this so far...

Fallout looks badass. Oblivion in the future, hell yeah. I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic stuff, so I can't wait.

EA Press Conference starting now..

I've only seen the XBL and Dashboard updates but that's insane. It's like a kick in the nuts to how behind Sony is in this area. I can't wait to see the conference for myself.

I just finished watching the press conference myself. I had a question about the netflix and the 8 person party/chat thingy....I thought I heard them say that you and 8 of your friends can watch a movie from netflix together...does that mean that only 1 of the 8 needs a netflix account and the 1 buddy is streaming it to the others, like they were streaming the photos?

[quote name='ryanbph']I just finished watching the press conference myself. I had a question about the netflix and the 8 person party/chat thingy....I thought I heard them say that you and 8 of your friends can watch a movie from netflix together...does that mean that only 1 of the 8 needs a netflix account and the 1 buddy is streaming it to the others, like they were streaming the photos?[/QUOTE]

All signs point to no.

That would be the MPAA's nightmare.

[quote name='ryanbph']I just finished watching the press conference myself. I had a question about the netflix and the 8 person party/chat thingy....I thought I heard them say that you and 8 of your friends can watch a movie from netflix together...does that mean that only 1 of the 8 needs a netflix account and the 1 buddy is streaming it to the others, like they were streaming the photos?[/quote]

That's what they made it sound like.

Sadly no...confirmation has come along:
Other Netflix details we were able to learn from the Community Briefing was confirmation that only SD videos would be offered and streamed to the console (not downloaded) as the system analyzes which bitrate is the best fit for your connection. Up to eight friends can watch a movie together BUT they all must be Netflix subscribers. Finally, we were informed that Netflix's servers would handle all movie streaming and that they'll significantly upgrade their infrastructure before the Fall release.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/07/14/e308-more-details-about-netflix-on-the-xbox-360/

Last edited by a moderator:

I never played a Fallout game before though.[/quote]

Fallout looked like ass...

Kind of disappointing conference, the new UI was definitely exciting and I wasn't expecting it, but it seems like its a HUGEEE gamble and I cannot believe they are doing that.

And it makes me laugh because 360 fanboys always complained about Home and that they would be forced to use it and how they don't want to be a part of it. But that is an option on the PS3, the 360 avatars seemed to be plastered everywhere on the Xbox Live interface.

And it really seemed to me that the 360 is moving entirely casual now. Anyone else think the avatars look like complete ass?

[quote name='KaneRobot']G4 stream for EA's presentation sucks as usual.[/quote]

It's just terrible.

"We're BLIP also BLIP hear-BLIP-ing a lo-BLIP-t of sto-BLIP-r-BLIP-i-BLIP-e-BLIP-s."

*kicks G4 feed in the nuts*

netflix is a great deal for $9/mo. don't know how much I'll use this new service considering my 360 and PC are hooked up to the same monitor anyway though.

It makes me sad that so many people here haven't played Fallout 1 and 2.

Hopefully you guys don't totally dismiss Fallout 3. Bethesda looks like they are doing a really good job.

So for those that haven't figured it out yet, to clarify -

At any time (I assume when you press your guide button) you will no longer get the side blade pop out, you will get this:
IMG_3986.JPG

As you can see, you pretty much have the mini old dashboard, and access to everything, from anywhere.

Yeah, i was pretty impressed by the keynote. It was pretty great reading ps3 fanboy about 30 minutes after the ffXIII hearing all of them justifying it in their minds. Oh, I love the internet.

"thanks to the new avatar system, assholes can look at your avatar to see if you're black and then call you the N word throughout the match." Also be on the lookout for downloadable clips of men jerking off in your favorite mini game collection "Your in the Movies."

[quote name='thorbahn3']Also be on the lookout for downloadable clips of men jerking off in your favorite mini game collection "Your in the Movies."[/QUOTE]

Day 1 purchase

Also, for those who were at work during the day and/or don't want to watch highlights on XBL/online, G4 is going to replay the MS presser tonight at 9 pm.

[quote name='CouRageouS']We're saying there could be a possible work around that doesn't need the disc in the tray. I'd imagine a magic disc that tricks the new system into thinking its whatever game you want to play. Now that would be amazing. Come on zewone, make some new hacks![/quote]

Maybe if you want to get banned off of xbl

Halo Wars being pushed back doesn't surprise me. I'll bet that'll be their big one for the first half, and then we'll get Alan Wake pushed along with another Halo game for Holiday '09.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']And it really seemed to me that the 360 is moving entirely casual now.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Does anyone know the name of the song when lips video came on? Found it Young Folks by Peter, Bjorn & John if anyone else is interested.

bread's done
Back