MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

This is the most fucking bipolar promotion. It's not working again...and i've searched like 15 different items on live. Maybe it's only at night that it works? I'm just hoping it stays on and off and that last night wasn't the last time it'll show up.

shit, of course I found a perfect auction that I need/want but it doesn't work. And it's going to be sold soon I'm sure for the price....ARGH

[quote name='Moxio']Anyone know of a Live search term to get the 25%?[/quote]
It's not working right now, read my post above you :D

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope they'll get it up and running by today or tomorrow. theres a nice ps3 bundle i'm looking at on ebay and it ends in 5 days =(

Here's another 10% off paypal coupon. Not sure if it will stack with the cashback. I'm also not sure when it expires.

CPPAUG0815P 10% off purchase up to $100.00

[quote name='blueweltall']Here's another 10% off paypal coupon. Not sure if it will stack with the cashback. I'm also not sure when it expires.

CPPAUG0815P 10% off purchase up to $100.00[/QUOTE]

That coupon definitely stacks with the live promotion.

Dammit... why don't I ever receive these coupons... I hate how you have to be on an exclusive list in order for the coupons to work. If they didn't mail it to your account, you won't be able to use it.

It's nothing exclusive. Actually, all you have to do is go to "notification preferences" on the left hand side on my ebay. Go down to "promotions and surveys" and be sure to have special offers checked. Then you'll start getting the coupons.

Oh nuts to this.

At first I thought you got cash or something for searches. Instead, you have to BUY shit in order to get cash back. No thanks. :(

[quote name='motuza']It's nothing exclusive. Actually, all you have to do is go to "notification preferences" on the left hand side on my ebay. Go down to "promotions and surveys" and be sure to have special offers checked. Then you'll start getting the coupons.[/quote]

I think it was back in June, they started sending out those 10% off coupons. I didn't use it and when the July coupon went around, I got one, too. I used the July one and apparently I didn't get the one you guys are talking about now. So although you check the box to get things from eBay, there's probably some other metric they use to determine who gets one and who doesn't.

[quote name='Mugen Power']I think it was back in June, they started sending out those 10% off coupons. I didn't use it and when the July coupon went around, I got one, too. I used the July one and apparently I didn't get the one you guys are talking about now. So although you check the box to get things from eBay, there's probably some other metric they use to determine who gets one and who doesn't.[/quote]

Right, but these June and July coupons you're talking about were sent at variable times. I received my June and July paypal coupons way later in the month, like after the 20th so you might just get them a little later. But it is possible that they alternate users so not everyone uses the coupons.

[quote name='zaw73']I got live to bring up eBay but it does not offer the icon.[/quote]
That just means that you have to really spam the live link to eBay - it'll eventually come up.

What search term did you use to get the eBay deal to show up at all? I'm getting nothing.

[quote name='motuza']It's nothing exclusive. Actually, all you have to do is go to "notification preferences" on the left hand side on my ebay. Go down to "promotions and surveys" and be sure to have special offers checked. Then you'll start getting the coupons.[/QUOTE]

It actually is pretty exclusive. Ebay has a random way of sending these coupons out, and it has been analyzed by others before; it's actually a common complaint on lots of message boards. I have had all the correct notification settings and haven't gotten the coupon since June (where it was a button on their website).

Some people say that if you don't purchase something for a long time, there will be a larger chance of getting a coupon.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']It actually is pretty exclusive. Ebay has a random way of sending these coupons out, and it has been analyzed by others before; it's actually a common complaint on lots of message boards. I have had all the correct notification settings and haven't gotten the coupon since June (where it was a button on their website).

Some people say that if you don't purchase something for a long time, there will be a larger chance of getting a coupon.[/quote]

Ah, well in that case I retract my previous statement. I hope I get my coupon soon, if not the coupons work for everyone so just keep looking online.

[quote name='motuza']Ah, well in that case I retract my previous statement. I hope I get my coupon soon, if not the coupons work for everyone so just keep looking online.[/quote]

Not sure what you meant by that statement, but they DO NOT work for everyone. They're linked to your paypal account. ebay/paypal knows if you were supposed to get one, and even if you have the code, it will reject it if they didn't send it to you.

The CASHBACK through ms live.com works for everyone though (unless you've already used it 3 times of course). Just wanted to clarify to avoid as much confusion as possible.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Not sure what you meant by that statement, but they DO NOT work for everyone. They're linked to your paypal account. ebay/paypal knows if you were supposed to get one, and even if you have the code, it will reject it if they didn't send it to you.

The CASHBACK through ms live.com works for everyone though (unless you've already used it 3 times of course). Just wanted to clarify to avoid as much confusion as possible.[/quote]

Really? Oh...well that's the first i've heard of this. I thought if your ebay email and paypal email were linked then these emails would work. In that case...I retract my statement, again. You're just walking all over me today aren't you? :cry:

[quote name='motuza']Really? Oh...well that's the first i've heard of this. I thought if your ebay email and paypal email were linked then these emails would work. In that case...I retract my statement, again. You're just walking all over me today aren't you? :cry:[/quote]

Haha, it wasn't me the first time. So, you've just been pwned by two separate people, in two separate instances...if that makes you feel any better :lol:. Haha, j/k! Just a lesson in checking your facts before handing out information I suppose. For you know what happens when you assume ;)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, it wasn't me the first time. So, you've just been pwned by two separate people, in two separate instances...if that makes you feel any better :lol:. Haha, j/k! Just a lesson in checking your facts before handing out information I suppose. For you know what happens when you assume ;)[/quote]

Lol yeah. I checked retailmenot.com and it said that all you needed was to have your paypal and ebay addresses linked. It probably works how you said it though. Thanks for the clearing up though! I'll be sure to check my facts lol :booty:

[quote name='motuza']Lol yeah. I checked retailmenot.com and it said that all you needed was to have your paypal and ebay addresses linked. It probably works how you said it though. Thanks for the clearing up though! I'll be sure to check my facts lol :booty:[/QUOTE]

Nice, someone that's actually humble! Yea when I first found out about ebay coupons I was severely disappointed since none of them worked. I wonder when someone will finally figure out what it takes to be on the exclusive mailing list since it seems like even if you're on it, the coupons you receive are random.

[quote name='motuza']Lol yeah. I checked retailmenot.com and it said that all you needed was to have your paypal and ebay addresses linked. It probably works how you said it though. Thanks for the clearing up though! I'll be sure to check my facts lol :booty:[/quote]

Yeah, retailmenot can be...ehh...good and bad. Some stuff people just make up. I can tell you from experience though (I got the coupon in June, but not in July) that if you try to use the coupon and it wasn't sent to you, it looks like it's going to work at first, but then will tell you that it's "linked to another account" on the last page before you pay for the item.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, retailmenot can be...ehh...good and bad. Some stuff people just make up. I can tell you from experience though (I got the coupon in June, but not in July) that if you try to use the coupon and it wasn't sent to you, it looks like it's going to work at first, but then will tell you that it's "linked to another account" on the last page before you pay for the item.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what happened to me. I think June was the only coupon that was given to everyone. The only way to know if a coupon works for you is to see it in your ebay mailbox. Although, I have heard reports of a few people getting it to work even when they received nothing.

[quote name='hmbtnguy']Nice, someone that's actually humble! Yea when I first found out about ebay coupons I was severely disappointed since none of them worked. I wonder when someone will finally figure out what it takes to be on the exclusive mailing list since it seems like even if you're on it, the coupons you receive are random.[/quote]

I think what you said about not making a purchase in a long time is as good of a guess as anything, because when I got the coupon, it was for an account that I had created like 6 months ago to take advantage of the half.com take 5 referral thing, haha. So that one had never even made a purchase on ebay, and they sent it to me.

My guess is it's to encourage people to be active. If you're buying all the time, they don't need to give you an incentive. It would be more of a "loyalty reward" then. Not that we don't deserve one of those either though!

The coupon's nice, but the cashback is the real bread and butter...and it's terribly frustrating at the moment. I'm hoping they can get it up and running soon.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Haha, that's what I was trying to get at on my last post in the previous page but you guys summed it up.[/quote]

Yeah, see. That's practically confirmation that it has SOMETHING to do with how frequently you buy on ebay. And once you use it, you're pretty much done. Now, depending on if this is going to be a recurring promo...or just for the summer, we'll have to see how long it takes before someone who used the coupon in June gets another.

[quote name='motuza']The coupon's nice, but the cashback is the real bread and butter...and it's terribly frustrating at the moment. I'm hoping they can get it up and running soon.[/quote]

That's true, but if you can get them both at the same time (like I did), it makes it all the more sweet. The Live cashback percentage is taken before any discounts (and the eBay percentage isn't affected by the cashback, obviously) so your overall savings is very nice if you're able to use them both.

I'm still working on getting my last cashback, though. :bomb:

I'm starting to think that we were tricked by some deceptive support staff at Microsoft... how long could it possibly take to get this up and running again?

[quote name='motuza']I'm starting to think that we were tricked by some deceptive support staff at Microsoft... how long could it possibly take to get this up and running again?[/quote]

Forever? I'm starting to think I lost my chance to buy anything through eBay with the 25% discount.

[quote name='menikmati']Forever? I'm starting to think I lost my chance to buy anything through eBay with the 25% discount.[/quote]

All I have to say is that the cashback from my last purchase better go through already. Even if you guys missed your chance, at least you didn't get "tricked" into buying something, thinking that you'd get your 25% cashback.

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']That just means that you have to really spam the live link to eBay - it'll eventually come up.

What search term did you use to get the eBay deal to show up at all? I'm getting nothing.[/quote]

I used "xbox 360" and it came up. It did not this morning. Still not working for me.

[quote name='Mugen Power']All I have to say is that the cashback from my last purchase better go through already. Even if you guys missed your chance, at least you didn't get "tricked" into buying something, thinking that you'd get your 25% cashback.[/quote]

Yeah that's pretty rotten. Have you tried contacting their support and talking to them about it?

[quote name='motuza']Yeah that's pretty rotten. Have you tried contacting their support and talking to them about it?[/quote]

I'm still in the process of e-mailing back and forth with them. :bomb:

[quote name='Mugen Power']I'm still in the process of e-mailing back and forth with them. :bomb:[/quote]

Ah, well that sucks. I hope everything works out for you. I certainly hope that this deal isn't over, but if it is oh well. I snagged an elite bundle off dell yesterday just in case!

[quote name='motuza']Ah, well that sucks. I hope everything works out for you. I certainly hope that this deal isn't over, but if it is oh well. I snagged an elite bundle off dell yesterday just in case![/quote]

Either way, I'm not that upset about it nor am I really worried that I won't be getting the cashback. I have the e-mail and eBay message clearly showing that I got cashback. In any case, with the 10% coupon, I paid a little less for the item than what the few online vendors who sell it have it priced at. Granted, I might not have bought it w/o the 25% cashback but it's something I've been wanting so whatever.

Hm, the item I've been eying has a 10% discount applied on it from a seller....do I bite now and save ~$75 or wait if Live stops sucking?

[quote name='menikmati']Hm, the item I've been eying has a 10% discount applied on it from a seller....do I bite now and save ~$75 or wait if Live stops sucking?[/quote]

That's an unpredictable road my friend...I would suggest waiting until tonight, then just go ahead and buy it if Live doesnt work.

[quote name='motuza']That's an unpredictable road my friend...I would suggest waiting until tonight, then just go ahead and buy it if Live doesnt work.[/quote]

You're right, I'm in no rush, just having a discount is nice.

I think this is dead, I can't get anything to show up. (non eBay either)

Someone talk to a Rep and post what they have to say. Login to your Cashback acct. and go to help/contact us and you can talk live.

I would but I can't, long story.

All right, I got sick of waiting around on the "maintenance" of this, so I decided to go into chat with Live Support myself. Here's what resulted:

3:07:16 PM - n8rockerasu
Hi, I was wondering if you guys were still doing the cashback promotion with eBay, because every time I try to search for something, eBay doesn't come up as a cashback option.

3:09:01 PM - agent
The promotion is still going, however eBay has limited the amount of items that are being allowed cashback. This can change daily and they control which items will be available.

3:10:19 PM - n8rockerasu
So, does that mean to be elligible to receive cashback for an eBay item, I'd basically just have to get lucky and be searching for an item that has cashback offered?

3:10:45 PM - agent
Yes, exactly.

3:12:02 PM - agent
Personally I have yet to find anything that I was looking for, but I do get reports that people do find stuff.

3:13:15 PM - n8rockerasu
Yeah, wow...I guess that reduces it to luck of the draw then. I've tried searching for multiple things, and nothing comes up with cashback. Thanks for enlightening me though.
I thought it was nice of the guy to give me his personal experience and not just spit back corporate drivel to me. He makes it sound like it's all on ebay's end though...reducing the amount of "elligible items" (ie. none). Almost gives the feel that even HE thinks it's dead. Aside from a few random reports (which I personally have to call BS on), it's not coming up for anybody.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']He makes it sound like it's all on ebay's end though...reducing the amount of "elligible items" (ie. none). Almost gives the feel that even HE thinks it's dead. Aside from a few random reports (which I personally have to call BS on), it's not coming up for anybody.[/quote]

Sucks if that's true... I still have one use left.

bread's done
Back