MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']60 days according to the FAQ.:)[/quote]
Wrong. 1-2 days for it to show in your account but you can not take money until 60 days...

A purchase isn't showing up in my account. What should I do?
Most purchases appear as pending within a day or two, but occasionally a store may take longer to tell us about your purchase. If you made a purchase more than 7 days ago that isn't displayed in your cashback account, contact us with your purchase details. We'll get back to you just as soon as we can.

When do I get my Live Search cashback savings?
When you sign into your cashback account, you'll see your current cashback balances, including pending, available, earned and paid cashback amounts. Live Search cashback purchases are listed in your cashback account as pending for 60 days from the purchase date in case you decide to return your purchase. Once you have passed the 60 days and your available cashback balance is more than $5, you can choose one of the payment methods listed in your cashback account. We will then send your cashback in approximately 14 days.

[quote name='lmz00']Am I the only one seeing 10% on eBay instead of 35%?[/QUOTE]
For you YES! because you obviously havent read any of the other pages on what to do.

I am a little confused on how this whole cash back thing works. Do I do it on ebay or do I do this on the windows live site. Can some please give me dumbed down detailed instructions? Thanks for any help!

I meant it as "60 days before you can take out the money" since he already said he got the message in his previous post. :lol: Look at the quote in my post. Anyways, you all get the message.

Edit: "cheap ipod" and "camcorder" still work according to peeps on SD. If those have been changed to 10%, keep trying different options. Be creative LOL! G'luck.

Thanks OP for the post. Got a XBOX360 for $227.50 after cash back. So glad I saw this, don't think they are really worth the $350.

If anyone else is searching for a new 360 beware, most of the ones in the "new" section are actually refurbished or used. I hate that ebay allows that. Even if it was used once or infrequently, it is still used.

Thanks again for the heads up on this and definitely use cheap ps2 for your search.

[quote name='s00pcan']everything is giving 10% off now. Anyone have any search terms that still give 35% off?[/quote]
What I did was just search "Cheap [insert item here]"

Pick any item you want, and keep searching until you see that 35% off text.

Edit: the thing that got it for me as "Cheap Guitar Hero" (kinda obvious, don't you think?)

[quote name='xbltheshadow']What I did was just search "Cheap [insert item here]"

Pick any item you want, and keep searching until you see that 35% off text.

Edit: the thing that got it for me as "Cheap Guitar Hero" (kinda obvious, don't you think?)[/quote]

I know it was working a few minutes ago, but I'm saying that within that time it has changed. None of those terms mentioned earlier seem to work anymore. I still have a session up though..

[quote name='Tryke']From SD: Searching for just "nunchuk" got me a 35% offer. It would seem that "Cheap xyz" is dead.[/quote]

so is nunchuk, I just checked.

managed to get the 35% link for a intel quad core cpu 9450...after rebate should be about $220...was in the market for the q6600 but with this i end up getting a newer and better chip

[quote name='s00pcan']I know it was working a few minutes ago, but I'm saying that within that time it has changed. None of those terms mentioned earlier seem to work anymore. I still have a session up though..[/quote]
Careful, if you have already bought an item with that session, don't buy anything else.

[quote name='Conditions']Cashback Rewards will be applied only to the first eligible item you commit to buy during an Online Session. Cashback Rewards will not be applied to any additional items or purchases. A single listing with multiple items will be considered one item for the purposes of these terms and conditions.[/quote]

[quote name='iazybandit']For you YES! because you obviously havent read any of the other pages on what to do.[/quote]
I searched this topic for "10%," to see if it was happening to anyone else, and came up with nothing. Then I decided to go to SlickDeals and read their topic, found a working 35% link, and used it to get a sealed 16GB iPhone & Bluetooth headset for $455, so thanks OP.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Careful, if you have already bought an item with that session, don't buy anything else.[/QUOTE]

Ummm, I better not get screwed over this session thing.

I'm not sure if I created a "new session" when I made my 3 purchases.

So I bought a ps3 for my sister's boyfriend (he's going to pay me back for it) using my session with the 35% off still active. Well within the hour limit. Now what? It never asked me to activate (which I already did beforehand) or link my live account to the paypal purchase, how do I know it worked?

I'm here:

1. Open the "You've earned cashback" message in My Messages
I don't see the message yet though. It's probably already been discussed here, so I will check.

Anyone getting the cashback button to work through your messages in My eBay? When I click mine it can't connect to the page.

s00pcan, it took about 10 minutes to recieve the message from ebay.

Question: I bought the item, but don't plan on actually paying for it until my next billing cycle starts. Is there a chance that I'll lose out on the 35% cashback if I wait, or am I locked in?

Damn. This is what I get for not checking CAG last night. I was looking for a Creative 16gb Zen, and couldn't find the deal I wanted...I'd have jumped on the 32GB one at 35% off. DAMMIT!

[quote name='OGHowie']Ummm, I better not get screwed over this session thing.

I'm not sure if I created a "new session" when I made my 3 purchases.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I did get the cash back messages in My Ebay however for all 3 purchases. So far the only one that is pending in my cash back account is the third purchase that I made, which coincidentally was the cheapest of the 3.

this looks to be officially dead...i was only able to buy myself a set of irons. I was hoping to buy a driver and logitech 550 remote when I got home from work. DAMN why did I stay late :bomb:

Now let's all hope that M$ doesn't screw us all over.

Here's hoping that those zeroes on my cashback account change to other numbers. Otherwise I'm going to be pretty upset about buying the PS3.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']So can anyone else access your cashback account?? When trying to sign in, the internet page won't load.[/quote]I can still...

Shit shit shit... I just bought rims for my car for $520 earlier today. I could have got the same rims for about $370 shipped.

[quote name='iazybandit']Shows up as 10%[/quote]

I got 15%. Though still searching for that blessed 35%. I'll find me a search term sooner then later.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's only 15% off through MS, not ebay and it's only for one game.

[quote name='confoosious']Wait.. you guys need a search term? Why didn't you say so.

Let me just call a friend in marketing.. :p[/QUOTE]
No matter what is entered, its 10%. MS probably turned off the 35% and only activated the 10%

Ok, I figured out my problem with not being able to log into the cashback website. Hopefully anyone else that sees this and just hasn't posted, or will post in the future will use this for reference becase it applied to me.
[quote name='SlickDeals']If you're a TWC/RR customer and you're unable to access the Get Cash Back button in My Message to create your account, do this:

1) Goto http://ww23.rr.com/prefs.php (or whatever redirection service is for your area). You can also find this out by typing tracert cashbackaccount.search.live.com on a cmd box and use the IP addresss of the last server hit.
2) Select disable redirection (this is the first option - web address redirection service).[/quote]

I've spent like 15 minutes trying a variety of stuff, never got more than 15% off. And since eBay sent me a coupon for 10% off (Up to $100 off) that doesn't require me to use BIN, I think I'll sit this out.

bread's done
Back