MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

um... Before on my account, it was at least saying pending, and that something "jellyfish is transferring the cash to microsoft," something like that... don't really remember.
But now, it's all 0's on that page, and no word of any amount pending of any sort.... man, I'm starting to think I just got screwed over hard. That was a 200 dollar video card, so a loss of $67 right there...

Looks dead, and... *sniff* ... Yep, starting to smell dead too :)

Sure would have liked to use my 3rd discount while it was still at 35%. This just HAD to come at a time when I wasn't actively shopping for a bunch of really expensive stuff, blah! Oh well, can't complain about saving around $150 (assuming they don't turn the best deal of the year into the biggest scam of the year... heh).

cashback.jpg

Initially, this had me worried...but the FAQ puts me at ease...sort of...

Q: A purchase isn't showing up in my account. What should I do?

A: Most purchases appear as pending within a day or two, but occasionally a store may take longer to tell us about your purchase. If you made a purchase more than 7 days ago that isn't displayed in your cashback account, contact us with your purchase details. We'll get back to you just as soon as we can.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So what email address would they send the "You've got cash back" email to? The eBay email address or the Microsoft cashback account address?[/quote]

Should be Ebay. It would be in your Messages folder on your account page.

Arg! I had to go to work when I saw this and now I come back and find out it's dead.

10% off isn't as good considering most of the BIN auctions are way overpriced.

[quote name='confoosious']I don't think microsoft will screw you over if you got that message in your ebay inbox. Once you get that, I wouldn't worry.[/quote]

Which is why I'm worrying. I haven't got that message and I should have by now.

I was all pissed because I'd gone to a friend's house to access this deal for a 60GB PS3 and found it dead.

When I came home, I saw that I still had the window up with the link for "35% off" on live.com. So, I clicked it and it all went through! I did a Buy It Now with Immediate Payment on a $500 system with $175 cashback.

I'm still waiting on the message in my eBay inbox.

EDIT: Just got my eBay message. Signed in to Live.com Cashback program. Now just waiting the 7 days for it to show up.

*fingers crossed* Thanks, OP!

Yay! Just checked my cashback account and I'm getting my $135 back in 60 days! Purchased a new PS3 yesterday for about $380. I guess for some it'll take up to 7 days to show up in your account. Don't fret! At least not yet!

[quote name='OGHowie']Live Cashback was down last night so I'm sure they were fixing loopholes.

Hopefully, my cashback $ shows up online soon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine shows on ebay but not on the cashback site... yet :)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Yeah, mine shows on ebay but not on the cashback site... yet :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, mine either.

You just clicked the Get Cashback Now button in your ebay account right? and log into Live?

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, mine either.

You just clicked the Get Cashback Now button in your ebay account right? and log into Live?[/QUOTE]

yeah thats what I did, if it doesn't show up in 7 days call CS

like everyone else I purchased 2 items off ebay...both had the cashback link but my account still shows $0... if I don't have anything by next week in the pending they'll be called.

Just got my account credited. About 28 hours after purchase.

It says the money will be available in 60 days. That's cool. as long as I know it's there.

So technically i can list a Wii for $1400, have my wife buy it, pay the payPal transaction fee and then get cashback from LiveSearch?

My first purchase's cashback finally came through today as well, which took 48 hours.

Now I'm just worried because that purchase hasn't shipped yet. I really, really hope I don't get a bum seller. I really want a PS3 :(

Nice, my cashback is finally showing up as well. Plus I got a shipping notice from the seller today. As long as this cashback offer works, it looks like this will end up being a great deal for me

Yep, mine posted, too. Only getting around $27, but hey, I'll take some free money later on down the line. Might help me finance a new router.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Sweet, I just got $245 in my cashback account. Now I have to wait 59 days to get it. This is deal of the year by far.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats a lot. What did you buy?

Dammit - I ignored this and then my Canon G-series just died. I go to redeem and it is down to 10% now. It's better than nothing, but shitty timing on my camera's part.

[quote name='addicted2games']Wow, thats a lot. What did you buy?[/quote]I bought the Limited Edition gunmetal PS3. It was $699.99 w/ free shipping so I thought this would be the best deal for me. After rebate it is $455 which is not bad at all even if it is a 40 gig system. There will always be that resale value down the line if I need the money.

bread's done
Back