MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']They may, I'm not sure. But I don't see why not. The cashback thing isn't a coupon, its a referral type thing. It would be worth a shot anyways. Worst Paypal can do is say, "Coupon not eligible on this item," or something.[/quote]
Only problem is, you basically have to "buy" the item before you can try the coupon code, otherwise I'd just poke my head in and see if it worked.

[quote name='WhytePanther']Only problem is, you basically have to "buy" the item before you can try the coupon code, otherwise I'd just poke my head in and see if it worked.[/quote]

[quote name='Ebay Cashback Terms and Conditions']eBay may permit you to combine Cashback Rewards with other eBay promotions, coupons, or gift certificates (each, an “eBay Promotion”) and may permit you to receive Cashback Rewards on purchases of gift cards or gift certificates. If eBay elects to do so, you will be provided with an opportunity to combine Cash Back Rewards with the eBay Promotion during the checkout flow on www.eBay.com. With the exception of eBay Promotions as described herein, Cashback Rewards cannot be combined with any other offer on purchases on www.eBay.com.[/quote]

So by their terms and conditions, coupons and cashback should be stackable.

[quote name='lovemetal626']so is this stackable or what?[/quote]

I was told the ms link stacks with all ebay coupons, however I think you can only stack 1 ebay coupon with it.

I'm hoping they'll make it 20% lol yeah I know wishful thinking

i was able to use the 10% off coupon and the 15% cashback on a 9800 gtx video card...the person requiered payment right away so i was able to put the coupon code in and it took it off the purchase price...

card was $219+ $9.00
discount was $22 and cashback is $33

out of pocket cost is $206 and should be $173 after the cashback

Just so everyone knows, the coupon for 10% off is CJUNE0810P. Not everyone will be able to use it. You must have gotten an email, message, or seen it on the homepage of their website to be able to use it. It must be entered after you've committed to buy and on the Paypal page in the "Redeem Coupon" box. Worth a shot!

So if this works, your 15% cashback becomes 25% with 10% back immediatly.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Just so everyone knows, the coupon for 10% off is CJUNE0810P. Not everyone will be able to use it. You must have gotten an email, message, or seen it on the homepage of their website to be able to use it. It must be entered after you've committed to buy and on the Paypal page in the "Redeem Coupon" box. Worth a shot!

So if this works, your 15% cashback becomes 25% with 10% back immediatly.[/quote]

Not 25% but 23.5%

You guys should check your emails if you are participating in eBay bucks. My email stated that now through the 29th of this month I earn 6% back just through eBay. So with those two coupons and the 6% back, that is almost 30% back right there.

How many times can the CJUNE0810P coupon be used? Since you have to commit to buying the item before you know whether it works, I'd like to test it on a smaller item before going for something big. Is that even possible, or is it single use?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']How many times can the CJUNE0810P coupon be used? Since you have to commit to buying the item before you know whether it works, I'd like to test it on a smaller item before going for something big. Is that even possible, or is it single use?[/quote]
Single use coupon

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Single use coupon[/quote]

damn...well so much for being smart about it, haha. I don't recall seeing an email about this, and I don't have any eBay messages, so I guess I'm out.

[quote name='guyver2077']how do you obtain those 10% coupons?[/quote]

they just email them to you, the codes are linked to your account, so you cant share them.

i got one a while ago, and for some reason they gave me another one. used it on MGS4

[quote name='guyver2077']how do you obtain those 10% coupons?[/quote]EBay should email it to you and they will send you a message on eBay. It won't work unless they sent it to you.

[quote name='lovemetal626']they just email them to you, the codes are linked to your account, so you cant share them.

i got one a while ago, and for some reason they gave me another one. used it on MGS4[/QUOTE]
In my settings, I had the option for special promotions and stuff to be emailed to me turned off. Took the coupon code, entered into payment and got 10% off. So I guess I did get it but opted to never receive emails about promotions.

Rock and Roll...got an 8GB Sandisk Fuze for $90 shipped after 20% and my paypal 10%. Now I can ditch my 2gb Nano and iTunes for good. fuck iTunes...

Just did this with the 10% coupon + 20% cash back on GRID. The 10% coupon was put back on my paypal right away and confirmation of the 20% cashback but no sign of it in my account.

I'll let you know if it worked in 1-2 days like it says.

[quote name='kevzik']Hmmm...what should I get?[/QUOTE]

First off: wow, I can't beleive this topic fell to the second page. All those reading the final pages know the title is incorrect, and its 20% off now, not 10%. It's not 35% off thats for sure, but its still a good amount. I regret not cashing in when I saw this thread the other day, I just put it off and then it died shortly after.

As far as what to get, I made an odd choice. I figured with all the game console buying and trying to get deals, a lot of people really don't NEED what they're getting or haven't been waiting on it. I wanted a Wii but even 20% with this scalping will only get it down to its regular MSRP. I really wanted something I could use or make money on.

So I just bought $450 worth of three Upper Deck SPx baseball card hobby boxes. They're $150 apiece so I got $90 cashback in them, and if I can hit a big insert, hell, really ANY insert that comes in a box, I can at least make money money back on those. I used to be big into basketball cards, not baseball so much, so I know you can make some cash on them if you send them in to be graded as soon as you open them.

If you're into thast kind of thing and just looknig to get something for a big discount that you can make money on, thats worth a shot.

[quote name='Hollywood']First off: wow, I can't beleive this topic fell to the second page. All those reading the final pages know the title is incorrect, and its 20% off now, not 10%. It's not 35% off thats for sure, but its still a good amount. I regret not cashing in when I saw this thread the other day, I just put it off and then it died shortly after.

As far as what to get, I made an odd choice. I figured with all the game console buying and trying to get deals, a lot of people really don't NEED what they're getting or haven't been waiting on it. I wanted a Wii but even 20% with this scalping will only get it down to its regular MSRP. I really wanted something I could use or make money on.

So I just bought $450 worth of three Upper Deck SPx baseball card hobby boxes. They're $150 apiece so I got $90 cashback in them, and if I can hit a big insert, hell, really ANY insert that comes in a box, I can at least make money money back on those. I used to be big into basketball cards, not baseball so much, so I know you can make some cash on them if you send them in to be graded as soon as you open them.

If you're into thast kind of thing and just looknig to get something for a big discount that you can make money on, thats worth a shot.[/quote]

I actually find that take very interesting for I have a fairly large football card collection. I just don't know if I can risk that gamble, ya know?

Glad I'm not the only one who's not sure what to do. With 35% off, there was a lot of things I could've gotten but I missed the deal because of work. 20% isn't as good and most BIN auctions are overpriced so I don't see too many deals...

EDIT* What 10% coupon?

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Just so everyone knows, the coupon for 10% off is CJUNE0810P. Not everyone will be able to use it. You must have gotten an email, message, or seen it on the homepage of their website to be able to use it. It must be entered after you've committed to buy and on the Paypal page in the "Redeem Coupon" box. Worth a shot!

So if this works, your 20% cashback becomes 28% with 10% back immediatly.[/quote]
There's the coupon, fixed the numbers

[quote name='kevzik']I actually find that take very interesting for I have a fairly large football card collection. I just don't know if I can risk that gamble, ya know?[/QUOTE]

Just depends on what boxes you buy really. Honestly, every box I've ever bought in COMBINED value more than makes up for the price of the box. Thing is, trying to find buyers for the cards you get, making sure the top cards you get are graded, etc. I thought it was a good time since I have a bunch of old cards I really need to go through I haven't checked in forever. A couple sets, stuff like Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett rookies, a ton of MJ cards, and so on.

It's funny though as a kid what at the time were awesome big time rookie cards completely suck now, LOL. I remember buying an "autographed" Shawn Kemp rookie with a certificate of authenticity for like $30. That thing probably isn't worth like $5 now. Rookie cards from guys like Grant Hill, Chris Webber, and Penny Hardaway back then were all the rage. I'm guessing those cards aren't worth more than 75 cents nowadays, LOL.

I know Upper Deck SPx is line the premium sirloin steak brand of cards out there pretty much, so you're going to get some authenticated stuff in each box. Whether you get stuck with a piece of an Oil Can Boyd jersey or get a Mickey Mantle autograph is completely random though.

[quote name='Hollywood']It's funny though as a kid what at the time were awesome big time rookie cards completely suck now, LOL. I remember buying an "autographed" Shawn Kemp rookie with a certificate of authenticity for like $30. That thing probably isn't worth like $5 now. Rookie cards from guys like Grant Hill, Chris Webber, and Penny Hardaway back then were all the rage. I'm guessing those cards aren't worth more than 75 cents nowadays, LOL.[/QUOTE]

sounds like my pokemon card collection

[quote name='Vinny']Glad I'm not the only one who's not sure what to do. With 35% off, there was a lot of things I could've gotten but I missed the deal because of work. 20% isn't as good and most BIN auctions are overpriced so I don't see too many deals...

EDIT* What 10% coupon?[/quote]

the coupon is 10% off $100, but it's account specific. So if you didn't get an email from ebay it won't work with your account.

[quote name='KSHLove']the coupon is 10% off $100, but it's account specific. So if you didn't get an email from ebay it won't work with your account.[/quote]It's 10% off up to $100.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']Ok, I figured out my problem with not being able to log into the cashback website. Hopefully anyone else that sees this and just hasn't posted, or will post in the future will use this for reference becase it applied to me.

Originally Posted by SlickDeals
If you're a TWC/RR customer and you're unable to access the Get Cash Back button in My Message to create your account, do this:

1) Goto http://ww23.rr.com/prefs.php (or whatever redirection service is for your area). You can also find this out by typing tracert cashbackaccount.search.live.com on a cmd box and use the IP addresss of the last server hit.
2) Select disable redirection (this is the first option - web address redirection service).
[/quote]

Thanks for posting this! :D I was wondering why it wasn't working me. I prolly would have clicked that link a hundred times today and wondering why I can't get it to work.

I didn't get a crazy deal or anything. Found a used copy of Uncharted that came to $24 with the 20% off live search and 10% off with ebay. Hope they credit me my $7 soon.

How long does it take for the eBay transactions to show up onto your Cashback account? I got the messages from eBay after paying for my items, but when I click the link and it takes me back to my Cashback account, they don't show up, not even in the "pending" part.

Thanks for any help!

[quote name='dstan']How long does it take for the eBay transactions to show up onto your Cashback account? I got the messages from eBay after paying for my items, but when I click the link and it takes me back to my Cashback account, they don't show up, not even in the "pending" part.

Thanks for any help![/quote]

Takes about a day or so. They'll e-mail you when they're transferred.

Anyone else have a problem getting the 10% coupon to work? I get "We don't recognize this redemption code. Please try again." when trying to pay.

[quote name='badramen']Anyone else have a problem getting the 10% coupon to work? I get "We don't recognize this redemption code. Please try again." when trying to pay.[/quote]
Your account must not be eligible for the discount, sorry. I got that message a few days ago before recieving the email about the coupon, then it worked.

And since this is a new page, I feel the need to post this again as to not rise up any questions taking up space as to what coupon I am talking about.

So if this works, your 20% cashback becomes 28% with 10% back immediatly.[/quote]

Ha, now the thing is, I got the email about the coupon, both coupons in fact. It shows the discount before I get to the PayPal payment page oddly enough.

I'll probably just have to shoot eBay an email. :(

Hate me if you want too, but I've made $465 with this deal by people on ebay listing auctions for $1150 cash for $1250. With the cash back, they make money, I make money, and it's all good.

I made sure to confirm with chats from both MS and eBay to make sure this was valid, and they both said that they do not discriminate based on reason of purchase, even if it was resell/profit.

Hellllll yeah. I've now got $465 in my pocket (well, in 60 days)

Thanks to MS live, SD and CAG!

[quote name='bassec']Hate me if you want too, but I've made $465 with this deal by people on ebay listing auctions for $1150 cash for $1250. With the cash back, they make money, I make money, and it's all good.

I made sure to confirm with chats from both MS and eBay to make sure this was valid, and they both said that they do not discriminate based on reason of purchase, even if it was resell/profit.

Thanks to MS live, SD and CAG![/quote]

Holy....

Hmmm.....

[quote name='bassec']Hate me if you want too, but I've made $465 with this deal by people on ebay listing auctions for $1150 cash for $1250. With the cash back, they make money, I make money, and it's all good.

Thanks to MS live, SD and CAG![/QUOTE]

All fun and games.... Until they investigate you for fraud.

Just Got
1094_8.JPG
Heavenly Sword For $24
waiting on Confirmation Message

Thanks to MS live, SD and CAG![/quote]

That sounds incredibly shady. Not to mention dishonest. Do people have no morals any more?

Got Ebay Message, Click On Cassback , Page Loaded, Log-In, Says 0.00
Do I Wait 60 Days For It To Show ?

bread's done
Back