MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

is this actual money or PP money. Arent you afraid that if its real money it might be counterfeit, and its probably some form of money laundering scheme?

How is it shady? They clearly state, in the terms of agreement, they do not care if you profit off of them and they don't discriminate if you profit from this. Instead of your typical "Let me defend the deal out of habit!!!", read the ToA and you'll see they don't mind. Hell even their own CSR thought it was a good ide

[quote name='Teqonix']That sounds incredibly shady. Not to mention dishonest. Do people have no morals any more?[/quote]

I See That Theres 3 Views

Total pending cashback:
Total available cashback:
Total paid cashback:
Are Any Of Them Suppose Say Anything

[quote name='weguzs']I See That Theres 3 Views

Total pending cashback:
Total available cashback:
Total paid cashback:
Are Any Of Them Suppose Say Anything[/quote]

Pending will populate after a few days with your cash back. I confirmed with a CSR...if you have pending cash back, everything is set for you to withdraw in 60 days.

w00t
scored a 60GB PS3 for $267 shipped after rebate (25% from Live.com and 10% from eBay)
figure i saved a good $200 give or take

only thing i hate is that the rebate takes 60 days :(

[quote name='bassec']How is it shady? They clearly state, in the terms of agreement, they do not care if you profit off of them and they don't discriminate if you profit from this. Instead of your typical "Let me defend the deal out of habit!!!", read the ToA and you'll see they don't mind. Hell even their own CSR thought it was a good ide[/quote]

The fact that the ToS always says they have the right to revoke is what will screw you if someone notices.

"Microsoft may disqualify transactions, refuse redemptions and/or close your account at any time if you participate in any fraud or abuse relating to the service (including conducting "sham" transactions or otherwise colluding with merchants),"

Good luck trying to prove that there's no implicit collusion in an auction like that.

[quote name='henwy']"Microsoft may disqualify transactions, refuse redemptions and/or close your account at any time if you participate in any fraud or abuse relating to the service (including conducting "sham" transactions or otherwise colluding with merchants)"[/QUOTE]

It all sounded good until you pointed that out. Not worth the risk, IMO.

25% huh? i resisted 20 so this is even better..

Are you guys using ebay coupons from old emails? i check my preferences to allow them to email me promotions but nothing yet..

[quote name='bassec']How is it shady? They clearly state, in the terms of agreement, they do not care if you profit off of them and they don't discriminate if you profit from this. Instead of your typical "Let me defend the deal out of habit!!!", read the ToA and you'll see they don't mind. Hell even their own CSR thought it was a good ide[/QUOTE]

Did you read this thread all the way through? How about the part about ... (nevermind)

So, it says you can use this up to 3 times per account. Is there a time limit for that? Did I have to do them all in one session? Or is it just whenever I click the link?

I already did it once at 20%. Is it possible to do it the remaining 2 times at 25%?

Sorry if this has been asked.

Thanks!

[quote name='evophile']So, it says you can use this up to 3 times per account. Is there a time limit for that? Did I have to do them all in one session? Or is it just whenever I click the link?

I already did it once at 20%. Is it possible to do it the remaining 2 times at 25%?

Sorry if this has been asked.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think you can do it once per session. So it's best to wait a couple hours before you do it again.

You should be able to do two more at 25..

Has anyone tried using it after they made 3 ebay purchases? I'm hesitant to use my last slot since its the last one.. this deal is too good

[quote name='guyver2077']You should be able to do two more at 25..

Has anyone tried using it after they made 3 ebay purchases? I'm hesitant to use my last slot since its the last one.. this deal is too good[/QUOTE]

If you go for a 4th it tells you that you've used the promotion as many times as you're allowed.

Damn, I already spent all my extra money because of the 20% in 2 transactions. I'll wait around and see if maybe it goes back up some more.

[quote name='guyver2077']You should be able to do two more at 25..

Has anyone tried using it after they made 3 ebay purchases? I'm hesitant to use my last slot since its the last one.. this deal is too good[/quote]
You can use a different eBay account but MS might catch it and you'll be stuck with no cashback. I only used one during the 35% period. 25% is sooo temping though.

[quote name='Foolman']You can use a different eBay account but MS might catch it and you'll be stuck with no cashback. I only used one during the 35% period. 25% is sooo temping though.[/QUOTE]

That shouldn't be an issue. The TOS limits the deal to three uses per ebay.com account, but has no limits on usages per Paypal account or live.com account.

Unless I'm missing something?

Even though I should not have spent the extra money, I bit the bullet and bought the Incredible Hulk brand new for the 360 (the Gamestop version) for $30 after cashback and the extra 10% off.

There's still time for the 10% coupon and double rewards for ebay Bucks so I think I'm gonna wait a couple more days. If not I'll jump on the 25% deal, considering with the coupon and double bucks it's actually better then the 35% deal for me. I used 2 during the 35% deal so I just have one more.

[quote name='godwheel']Seems to be at 10% off right now. I guess the 25% is dead.[/quote]

AHA! Not so fast! Search "Zune" and the 25% is back in business. :D

I don't think that this is ever going to be truly "dead" - it's just a matter of finding the right product search.

Although I really don't need one, would this be a good time to upgrade from a 32" lcd to a 37" or 42"? I just don't see a better deal in the near future.

Just Got
0848_9.JPG

The Orange Box $7.49
And
3b5e_7.JPG

Uncharted For $29

Gotten %20 & %25

[quote name='KSHLove']25% is dead deal is back to 10%.[/quote]

25% comes up every now and then.. jsut keep seaching xbox 360 over and over

[quote name='guyver2077']25% comes up every now and then.. jsut keep seaching xbox 360 over and over[/quote]

just tried like 10x's and the ebay link doesn't seem to be changing. Not buying anything else, got my orders in. When should I expect the cash back message?

[quote name='KSHLove']just tried like 10x's and the ebay link doesn't seem to be changing. Not buying anything else, got my orders in. When should I expect the cash back message?[/quote]

i placed my last order a few hours ago and my cashback msg was already in my ebay account when i checked a few minutes ago...

[quote name='guyver2077']i placed my last order a few hours ago and my cashback msg was already in my ebay account when i checked a few minutes ago...[/quote]

Okay i got the message, but it says

Summary

Total pending cashback: $0.00 Total available cashback: $0.00 Total paid cashback: $0.00 Total cashback: $0.00 Available cashback: $0.00

is that normal?

[quote name='cheaperthanever']just got a yamaha piano for $1000, i did saw a $250 ms live money back icon when i try to check out my paypal. so hopefully i will get it.[/quote]

Wow, being able to drop a grand on fleabay for a piano would seem to make that $250 rather inconsequential. I'd never even think to look for a piano, or any big ticket item there. Wonder if anyone used Live Search to buy a car?

MS has been plastering their cashback program all over the net, so I'm hoping for another 35% off bonus round.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Wow, being able to drop a grand on fleabay for a piano would seem to make that $250 rather inconsequential. I'd never even think to look for a piano, or any big ticket item there. Wonder if anyone used Live Search to buy a car?

MS has been plastering their cashback program all over the net, so I'm hoping for another 35% off bonus round.[/quote]

As a pianist, I would NEVER buy an instrument without first playing it and looking it over.

The Live Search discount does not apply to automobile purchases.

I'm also hoping for the 35% to come back, or even 20%. I've been eying a few things this past weekend, and I was going to make a purchase today, but saw the cash back discount had been reduced to 10% again. I'm hoping MS is cycling these discount percentages, because it was 25% this morning, apparently.

last thing that I'd probably have any interest in is Uncharted, heavenly sword and an hd camcorder, and I'm holding hope for 35% plus my 10% paypal..... don't need to spend the money regardless. Really want Gamefly to come back with a decent deal on those games.

[quote name='Armstrong x360a']Looks like a nice monitor to me. Can you hook up a 360 to it or is it for PC only? I noticed the input was DCI or something which doesn't sound like component or HDMI work, anyone know?[/quote]It's DVI, not DCI. DVI is just as good as HDMI video wise but sound does not come through the wire like HDMI does. You can buy HDMI to DVI cables so yes, as long as the monitor has a DVI port, you can plug a Xbox 360, PS3, or anything else with HDMI out.

Actually, it's a very smart way to gain traffic. By creating volatile bonuses, they ensure that we'll be checking the site every now and again just to see if the bonus has changed.

[quote name='silent h3ro']It's DVI, not DCI. DVI is just as good as HDMI video wise but sound does not come through the wire like HDMI does. You can buy HDMI to DVI cables so yes, as long as the monitor has a DVI port, you can plug a Xbox 360, PS3, or anything else with HDMI out.[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm not much of a tech guy so please excuse my error in the acronym. Is there such thing as a Component => DVI cable? I've got an older 360...

bread's done
Back