MS Live.com Search Cashback program - 25% Cashback @ eBay

fwacce

CAGiversary!
Already on every other board. Should be here as well.

just noticed this while doing a search on live.com for the wii... basically eBay is giving 35% off pretty much anything on their site (only Buy It Now w/ PayPal items) through a Microsoft CashBack program. this is huge... you can get up to $250 back. i just bought a roomba and got $100 off.

here's where i found the 35% off: http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=nintendo+wii&form=QBRE ... not sure if they have higher % off in other places?

here are the terms and conditions on eBay's site: http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html
looks like you can do this up to 3 times.
Would be a great use on a PS3 with some games. You can get up to $750 or so to get the maximum $250 back.

[quote name='guyver2077']so is everyone sending the money to their paypal or their checking accounts?[/quote]

i'll be doing checking since thats where i'd end up transfering the paypal balance anyway. When buying on ebay with paypal its always best to use your CC as opposed to an existing balance so if paypal fails you on a purchase gone bad, you can dispute the charge with your CC and usually recover the funds within a day or two.

Checking account -> pays off CC bill -> source for Paypal purchases

Premium. I do several thousand in business on my PayPal account every day and there are never any fees for deposits from any cashback programs like ebates, etc. Cashback Live was no exception.

strange i always got a fee when people send me money, or i received money.
i thought that was common thing, since it happens every time.
mind you is was like 1-2 % of total gotten/received.

It's only gonna be about a $3-$4ish fee depending on what you buy anyways. Granted, yeah, I hope I don't get any fees either.

i first set up my paypal account on there.. now i added my bank account.. but i cant figure out how to have it default to bank account.

it keeps giving me the paypal option

[quote name='guyver2077']i first set up my paypal account on there.. now i added my bank account.. but i cant figure out how to have it default to bank account.

it keeps giving me the paypal option[/QUOTE]

You can't. They will only allow you to receive the money through PayPal.

Hmm... my cashback reward is apparently ready now, but I have been unable to access my account for the last couple of days. The link to "Your Cashback Account" keeps giving me the "cannot be displayed" error. Weird.

Anybody else having a problem getting into their account?

:) :) Never mind... it's working again now after 2 days of trying :) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Am I the only person who's account shows the money will be available 60 days from date of purchase??[/quote]

It's supposed to be like that...:roll:

[quote name='menikmati']It's supposed to be like that...:roll:[/quote]

Read all the posts above mine stating that in their accounts it started at 14 days instead of 60....

Did anyone else try purchasing cash through this promotion? I paid $1000 for an auction of $875. Got the 25% off so I have $250 waiting for me in cashback, and already received the $850 in the mail...am nervous though that somehow ebay or paypal will crash the deal...hoping this has already gone through for someone else

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Read all the posts above mine stating that in their accounts it started at 14 days instead of 60....[/quote]

Everybody has to wait at least 60 days from the date of purchase, then they have an additional 14 days for PayPal payment.

[quote name='Gatsu24']Did anyone else try purchasing cash through this promotion? I paid $1000 for an auction of $875. Got the 25% off so I have $250 waiting for me in cashback, and already received the $850 in the mail...am nervous though that somehow ebay or paypal will crash the deal...hoping this has already gone through for someone else[/quote]

Wait...am I understanding this correctly? You bought $875 (or $850..depending on which sentence of yours is accurate) for $1000, with 25% cashback, giving you $250 back. Even if you received $875, that gives you a total of $1125. So...you put forth all this effort, took a gamble, and agreed to have $250 held in limbo for the next 2-3 months...just to make $125???

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Read all the posts above mine stating that in their accounts it started at 14 days instead of 60....[/quote]

All the posts above yours...like this one?

[quote name='GuardianE']I can confirm everything in the Kuvasz's post, as I did the exact same thing this morning.

And for the above poster, the 14 days is AFTER the 60 day period. It gives Microsoft a big grace period by which to payout and give you the money.[/quote]

But that post was 2 pages back. I guess that is a lot of reading...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wait...am I understanding this correctly? You bought $875 (or $850..depending on which sentence of yours is accurate) for $1000, with 25% cashback, giving you $250 back. Even if you received $875, that gives you a total of $1125. So...you put forth all this effort, took a gamble, and agreed to have $250 held in limbo for the next 2-3 months...just to make $125???[/quote]

That's a return of 12.5%. A lot better than most money market and checking accounts.

[quote name='gunm']That's a return of 12.5%. A lot better than most money market and checking accounts.[/quote]

Well yeah, I guess that's about 3 days of pay at a minimum wage job, so I guess if you're really hard up for cash, it's something to consider. But it's also a bit of a flier. "Buying" money could easily be seen as trying to deceive the promotion, and could be denied completely. To me, I guess a 12.5% return just isn't worth the risk.

[quote name='Moxio']Hey evilkitty, did Paypal issue a fee on your cashback?[/QUOTE]

Dunno... there's another 14 days or so before the transaction takes place, apparently.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Well yeah, I guess that's about 3 days of pay at a minimum wage job, so I guess if you're really hard up for cash, it's something to consider. But it's also a bit of a flier. "Buying" money could easily be seen as trying to deceive the promotion, and could be denied completely. To me, I guess a 12.5% return just isn't worth the risk.[/quote]

There are people who have made thousands buying and selling gold on Ebay since the start of this promotion, if you consider the amount of time and effort involved in running a quick search, clicking buy and reselling it's pretty good money.

Sorry for the typo...the auction was for $875 and I actually made 2 of these transactions...have $250 waiting for me in 2 different live accounts from 2 different ebay accounts. It didn't seem too horribly risky considering the purchase was insured and the whole paypal buyer protection thing. All's good so far...a few clicks for $250? Its like living a CAG's wet dream. I'm just hoping I don't wake up with soggy sheets

[quote name='Gatsu24']Sorry for the typo...the auction was for $875 and I actually made 2 of these transactions...have $250 waiting for me in 2 different live accounts from 2 different ebay accounts. It didn't seem too horribly risky considering the purchase was insured and the whole paypal buyer protection thing. All's good so far...a few clicks for $250? Its like living a CAG's wet dream. I'm just hoping I don't wake up with soggy sheets[/quote]

Haha, fair enough man. I guess the only thing I would be worried about is being denied for trying to "deceive the promotion". Also, how much are the ebay/paypal fees on that large of a purchase (I've never bought anything that expensive before).

I guess I'm just wondering why it wasn't closer to a true 1:1 exchange. It seems the smartest thing to do would be to just set up a system with a friend where you're just passing $1000 back and forth and racking up the cashback. How much is the seller actually making off that $1000?

Is this promo still live? I can't find any links that direct towards 15-25% cash back...thanks in advance!
ETA: Okay, I found the 15% link. One more question, I was reading this in the terms and conditions:
You may receive Cashback Rewards for up to a maximum of six (6) Online Sessions per account on www.ebay.com. Once you have completed six (6) Online Sessions under any eBay.com account, you will no longer be eligible to receive Cashback Rewards for purchases made under such eBay.com account. I

So, since one online session max is $200, does that mean $1200 total per account?
TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='menikmati']Everybody has to wait at least 60 days from the date of purchase, then they have an additional 14 days for PayPal payment.[/quote]

gotcha,thanks for clearing that up....

[quote name='Xfactor19990']it can be combined?!??!?!?!?!? OMG wow so 15% cash back, then 10% instantly off!?[/QUOTE]

i think MSFT said they can void the cash back if any coupons are used so i wouldnt risk it

[quote name='slidecage']i think MSFT said they can void the cash back if any coupons are used so i wouldnt risk it[/quote]

Dang, you people are getting so antsy over every little detail on this cashback. I, and many others, have used eBay coupons in conjunction with the cashback and everything's fine. :roll:

Best deal in a long time. Got 2 500 GB hard drives, an Nvidia GeForce 8800GT, Wii, Uncharted PS3, and a few other things. All items WAY cheaper than retail. Love this deal!!!

[quote name='Mugen Power']Dang, you people are getting so antsy over every little detail on this cashback. I, and many others, have used eBay coupons in conjunction with the cashback and everything's fine. :roll:[/QUOTE]

till someone complains they didnt get their cash

did you get your cash in hand yet or just a responce saying you will get cash.. I wouldnt count that cash until its in hand

i doubt it will ever go back to 25 %

ebay jack up the limit from 3 to 6 it will stay 15% or even drop i say

[quote name='slidecage']till someone complains they didnt get their cash

did you get your cash in hand yet or just a responce saying you will get cash.. I wouldnt count that cash until its in hand

i doubt it will ever go back to 25 %

ebay jack up the limit from 3 to 6 it will stay 15% or even drop i say[/quote]

Although that's true, I have no reason to give into paranoia and believe that they would pull the money. The main reason for this is that they saw EVERYTHING about my transaction when I had to chase after them for the money (if you read my previous posts, you would've seen the ordeal and that people were successfully using coupons with cashback). All throughout this time, they didn't say one thing about me not qualifying for cashback because I used a coupon.

Also, I'm not even attributing the fact that the money wasn't in my account right away to me using it in conjunction with a coupon. From the beginning of the cashback program, people were already having to chase MS down for the money and my situation was no different. Plus, when they put the money in my account, they already subtracted from the 60 days the amount of time it took for them to resolve this issue. I'd say it's working out pretty well, right?

Now, if what you claim about MS having it in their terms that you can't use both, please post it up.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Although that's true, I have no reason to give into paranoia and believe that they would pull the money. The main reason for this is that they saw EVERYTHING about my transaction when I had to chase after them for the money (if you read my previous posts, you would've seen the ordeal and that people were successfully using coupons with cashback). All throughout this time, they didn't say one thing about me not qualifying for cashback because I used a coupon.

Also, I'm not even attributing the fact that the money wasn't in my account right away to me using it in conjunction with a coupon. From the beginning of the cashback program, people were already having to chase MS down for the money and my situation was no different. Plus, when they put the money in my account, they already subtracted from the 60 days the amount of time it took for them to resolve this issue. I'd say it's working out pretty well, right?

Now, if what you claim about MS having it in their terms that you can't use both, please post it up.[/QUOTE]

is someplace in their terms too lazy to look it up but people on fatwallet said they were not getting their cash back from footlocker after using coupons

EDIT FOUND IT

17. Live Search cashback.

You can participate in the Live Search cashback service, subject to the then-current participation age, country of residence and other requirements described at the Live Search cashback web site (http://search.live.com/cashback). Live Search cashback is a service for you to accumulate awards for making qualifying purchases from participating stores. These awards may be redeemed later for cash or other goods and services.

You may earn Live Search cashback awards on purchases that you complete in the same web browsing session after clicking on advertisements or listings in the Live Search service or the Live Search cashback service. Eligible advertisements will be marked with the Live Search cashback logo. You will not earn cash back awards on purchases where (a) you open the store's web site in a different web browser; (b) your browser is not configured to accept cookies; (c) the purchase is not completed in the same web browsing session (not to exceed 24 hours) initiated by clicking on the eligible advertisement or listing; (d) the order is later cancelled or the goods or services are later returned; (e) the store does not report the purchase to Microsoft; (f) the goods or services are acquired for resale or other business purposes; or (g) you also use a separate discount or coupon. Live Search cashback awards are not available on purchases of gift cards or gift certificates or on purchases you make from yourself or entities that you control. There may be additional limitations on purchases on certain merchant sites, and those limitations will be disclosed on the merchant site. Your participation in the Live Search cashback service on such merchant sites will be subject to these terms and conditions as well as any additional ones disclosed on the merchant site. In the event of a conflict between any of these terms and conditions and those disclosed on the merchant site, the ones disclosed on the merchant site will apply and control.

(g) you also use a separate discount or coupon. Live Search cashback awards are not available on purchases of gift cards or gift certificates or on purchases you make from yourself or entities that you control.

glad i never got a netflix or golden corral gift card since i wouldnt got that cash.
so if you use a coupon you wont get cash back though ebay says they allow it ..... Take your chances i guess

I guess the thing is that for eBay, you get a confirmation saying you got cashback, from before checkout to after it. Did the people who got denied from Footlocker get a confirmation? When cashback first started for eBay, it didn't work in eBay Motors (but it does now) so it didn't show up at all.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this anymore but I wouldn't be worried about it with eBay. But if it doesn't work for everyone, don't blame it on me. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Mugen Power']I guess the thing is that for eBay, you get a confirmation saying you got cashback, from before checkout to after it. Did the people who got denied from Footlocker get a confirmation? When cashback first started for eBay, it didn't work in eBay Motors (but it does now) so it didn't show up at all.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this anymore but I wouldn't be worried about it with eBay. But if it doesn't work for everyone, don't blame it on me. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

not sure about that cause i did get a screen sayin i would get 10 bucks back on a 40 buck gift card and it says right on the rules no GIFT CARDS...

i never paid for the item (complete the auction) cause i wasnt sure i wanted to risk 40 bucks to buy a 50 buck card

best of luck to all that do getit ... im just saying i wouldnt run out buying stuff just cause i was getting a 15% discount

[quote name='slidecage']i think MSFT said they can void the cash back if any coupons are used so i wouldnt risk it[/quote]

incorrect, the specific terms of cashback use on EBAY states quite clearly that you can combine coupons, infact i've done it [10% off paypal coupon+live discount] without an issue. Read:

eBay may permit you to combine Cashback Rewards with other eBay promotions, coupons, or gift certificates (each, an "eBay Promotion") and may permit you to receive Cashback Rewards on purchases of gift cards or gift certificates. If eBay elects to do so, you will be provided with an opportunity to combine Cash Back Rewards with the eBay Promotion during the checkout flow on www.eBay.com. With the exception of eBay Promotions as described herein, Cashback Rewards cannot be combined with any other offer on purchases on www.eBay.com.

And yes, the live cashback amount is on the full amount regardless of the seperate coupon. So if you use 10% + 15% on a $100 purchase you get the full $15 back rather than 15% on $90.

I will be using this come first of the month when my financial aid comes in =D Hopefully it'll be up to 25% then want to buy an amazon gift card to buy books, already a week late!! haha

[quote name='aznguyen316']I will be using this come first of the month when my financial aid comes in =D Hopefully it'll be up to 25% then want to buy an amazon gift card to buy books, already a week late!! haha[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt buy gift cards

f) the goods or services are acquired for resale or other business purposes; or (g) you also use a separate discount or coupon. Live Search cashback awards are not available on purchases of gift cards or gift certificates or on purchases you make from yourself or entities that you control. There may be additional limitations on purchases on certain merchant sites

so they could wait 59 days then void your cash back cause it says not allowed on gift cards

[quote name='slidecage']i wouldnt buy gift cards

f) the goods or services are acquired for resale or other business purposes; or (g) you also use a separate discount or coupon. Live Search cashback awards are not available on purchases of gift cards or gift certificates or on purchases you make from yourself or entities that you control. There may be additional limitations on purchases on certain merchant sites

so they could wait 59 days then void your cash back cause it says not allowed on gift cards[/quote]

couldn't find that, but under the terms and conditions I found this:

eBay may permit you to combine Cashback Rewards with other eBay promotions, coupons, or gift certificates (each, an "eBay Promotion") and may permit you to receive Cashback Rewards on purchases of gift cards or gift certificates. If eBay elects to do so, you will be provided with an opportunity to combine Cash Back Rewards with the eBay Promotion during the checkout flow on www.eBay.com.

so they MAY, not sure what that means but I might go for it as long as I'm not paying MORE than the GC's worth starting out.
I'm seeing amazon GC's going for $540 for a $500 and in the auction it says to use the cash back lol, I don't want those though, hope I can find a cheaper one..

[quote name='MPCanes']10% now, wondering if I should bite the bullet on the thing I've been watching before it drops even lower...

Bleh.[/QUOTE]

It goes down whenever there's a lot of people using the service. It's being suggested by a lot of people that a lot of back to school shopping is resulting in the decline.

o well i was lookin at some games but not worth 10% off

also have tons of other stuff coming in that i have no use

games i still need to play

FFTA 2
Empolyed ninja 2
EO 2 for the ds
Rondo of swords still sealed

then next weekend getting

From the abyss
Digimon world champ
and some baseball game off Gamefly

Followed by disgaea and that other game package. and DQ 4 for the ds

I think im going to be burned out playing video games very shortly

Claimed my money today, now I have to wait up to another 14 days...
I figured it'd just be an instant payment :(
Hopefully Paypal doesn't take a fee out of it on top of it

bread's done
Back