MS recertified Xbox 360 pro $309 no tax, free s/h @ Buy.com

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
This could go down to $299 with GCO. It's also worth noting that this comes with a regular 1 year warranty plus you'd get the standard 3 year warrany for the RROD.

Doesn't appear to come with MUA/Forza2 though

Link

[quote name='Ranger Rick']go on[/quote]
Well, if you buy a new, premium 360 at 350:

350 X .20 = 70
350 - 70 = 280

For a new console that comes with two games.

I think that is what he meant, unless he meant to buy a refurb at 20% off.

I have a lot of experience with Xbox repairs (too much, actually). I wouldn't trust them or their recert boxes for half that price. I've shipped four boxes to them and every one came back in worse condition than when I shipped it.

Yeah, normally I'd have no especial problem with refurbished items --I've owned many such electronics in the past-- but given the Xbox 360's numerous problems I'd hesitate to buy anything but new.

[quote name='rapsodist']Yeah, normally I'd have no especial problem with refurbished items --I've owned many such electronics in the past-- but given the Xbox 360's numerous problems I'd hesitate to buy anything but new.[/quote]

that doesn't make any sense - the reported problems are with NEW systems, not recertified ones. plus, you get the same full warranty for the recertified ones.

lots of people would rather save $50 than get the MUA/Forza 2 and/or HDMI.

[quote name='wildnuts02']that doesn't make any sense - the reported problems are with NEW systems, not recertified ones. plus, you get the same full warranty for the recertified ones.

lots of people would rather save $50 than get the MUA/Forza 2 and/or HDMI.[/QUOTE]

Problems are only w/ NEW systems? ROFL where did you hear that?

MS put out the 3 year warranty because ALL 360s were potential red ringers

[quote name='expane']

MS put out the 3 year warranty because ALL 360s were potential red ringers[/quote]

thanks for proving my point.

My point wasn't that the 360's problems are the exclusive domain of recertified systems, and that new units are somehow immaculate. But in my personal experience --I'm sure someone else has a contrary story-- with 2 recertified systems, they've been more likely to exhibit problems, as though once a system's reached the RROD there's just no resuscitating it. As I said, I'd normally espouse the virtues of refurbished items, but my experience with the Xbox 360 says caveat emptor, warranty be damned.

[quote name='help1']Well, if you buy a new, premium 360 at 350:

350 X .20 = 70
350 - 70 = 280

For a new console that comes with two games.

I think that is what he meant, unless he meant to buy the refurb at 20% off.[/quote]

wrong, buy.com is not participating in that promo

[quote name='omgu8myrice']wrong, buy.com is not participating in that promo[/quote] he's saying that a new Pro @50 off is cheaper than this refurbie. I got one through that promo (from Overstock, after a server reset opened up some 360s at midnight), with HDMI etc, but no MUA/FMS for less than $309. ($299)

[quote name='omgu8myrice']wrong, buy.com is not participating in that promo[/quote]

Did I say you have to buy from Buy.com? Again, you have been proven to be infact, retarded.

IMO - This is a really high price for a used XBOX 360.

The 2yr/3yr warranty is the only thing right with this deal.

remember, the 3yr warranty only covers ring of death. if you have a diff problem after 2yrs, you are SOL!

Thus far I've been through two 'recertified' 360's thus far. I wouldn't recommend anyone pay good money for any 360 that isn't guaranteed to have the new chipset.

[quote name='help1']Did I say you have to buy from Buy.com? Again, you have been proven to be infact, retarded.[/QUOTE]

Again, you have been proven to be, in fact, retarded.

Next time you call someone retarded, at least be grammatically correct.

[quote name='help1']Did I say you have to buy from Buy.com? Again, you have been proven to be infact, retarded.[/quote]
thats what the frikin topic is on, u didnt mention any other store so its assumed u are talking about buy.com. and u cant be talking about anything else because u cant get 70$ off anywhere, nor is any other 360 sellling site participating in that

so your the retarded one

Do Refurbished Xbox 360s have the warranty stickers still on them?

I'm considering getting one from microcenter, and I would still like the safety net of Microsoft's 3 yr Warranty for the RRoD

bread's done
Back