MTV Acquires Gametrailers.com

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Interesting. I would never have figured MTV to purchase Gametrailers.[/QUOTE]
me too. I never would of guessed that MTV would buy a game website, let alone gametrailers.

Great... now we can be told how to think like everyone else while trying to get a preview of videogames!

damn, well i guess it's good for the owners of gametrailers.com, but this is just a quick way for mtv to get some legitimacy in the gaming community. they better not change GT, i like their video reviews. i don't want want their reviews to become to the video equivalent to a maxim gaming review.

It's not really going to screw up the content, just more ads around - look at gamefaqs when it got bought out. The negatives are the disabled direct linking and more advertising, but the faqs are still good.

I really hope they dont mess it up. That is one of my regular sites that I check out. I guess the thing that I would be most worried about is what has already been mentioned as far as the reviews not being as reputable.

Can someone mention the Video Game Mods thing? I've not actually watched MTV for years, so I'm not aware of anything that has gone on there.

bread's done
Back