Muramasa Rebirth, Game & Wario Wii U $32; Shin Megami Tensei IV $42 (Newegg)

Does the copy from Newegg include the soundtrack with the pre-order as well?

Amazon: Free Official Muramasa Rebirth Soundtrack with Pre-order of Muramasa Rebirth

Pre-order Muramasa Rebirth and get official abridged soundtrack featuring five songs from the game for free. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. This is a limited time offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI, slidecage, your post is hard to read on the black forum theme. It might be a good idea to avoid forcing white or black text.

Thanks! I've been on the fence about SMT IV because of the price. I went ahead and snagged it despite only playing a bit of SMT Nocture before getting distracted and not going back. I love the art style though and I think I'll be able to get into it better as a portable game.

I'm tempted on SMT IV, but I know that it will just come destroyed from being shipped in a padded envelope, and I don't think I want to mess with that.

Does the copy from Newegg include the soundtrack with the pre-order as well?

Amazon: Free Official Muramasa Rebirth Soundtrack with Pre-order of Muramasa Rebirth

Pre-order Muramasa Rebirth and get official abridged soundtrack featuring five songs from the game for free. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. This is a limited time offer.
Gamestop and Amazon exclusive. Newegg rarely offers any sort of preorder item.

I'm tempted on SMT IV, but I know that it will just come destroyed from being shipped in a padded envelope, and I don't think I want to mess with that.
You could always preorder it from both Newegg and Gamestop, pick up the GS copy, then return whichever copy is in worse condition with your receipt to that (or a different) GS location.

You could always preorder it from both Newegg and Gamestop, pick up the GS copy, then return whichever copy is in worse condition with your receipt to that (or a different) GS location.
I could, and I've done things like that before, but it's just such a hassle for the sake of $8 lol.

I'm going to assume SMTIV comes with the pre-order bonuses(slipcase, big book, CD)? If not I might just order it on Amazon. How long does newegg take to deliver pre-ordered games?

I do not understand why SMTIV is so much more than any other 3DS game...
yeah the price is putting off some people I know (doesn't make much sense especially when some pay full price day one when most likely it'd drop 20%-40% within 2-3 months). I wonder if msrp would drop once it's game only. The only instance I recall where this happened was with The Last Story.

Well, when you look at it you do get some pretty sweet bonuses with it.

A hardcover game guide/artbook. slipcase and soundtrack for 50 bucks is a pretty good deal.

I do not understand why SMTIV is so much more than any other 3DS game...
Well, when you look at it you do get some pretty sweet bonuses with it.

A hardcover game guide/artbook. slipcase and soundtrack for 50 bucks is a pretty good deal.

Exactly. Getting the guide (I think I read 170-something pages in length?) and soundtrack for an extra $10 is a steal... or for just an extra $2 in this case.

Thanks OP. Cancelled my Amazon pre-order and switched over to Newegg, saving $8 and a few days of shipping time. :)

I suppose, but it's extremely off putting and when week one sales make or break a game now a days it seems weird that they wouldn't just make it a separate edition like when they went that extra step with Persona 4 Golden.  

Snagged Muramasa. Missed out when Newegg had pre-Orders for $29.99. Will not happen again. Thanks OP!!

Has anyone had their Game & Wario ship yet?  I was hoping they would ship early so I could get it before I go on vacation next week...might have to cancel and pick it up at GS/BB instead.

My Game & Wario hasn't shipped yet. My order is described as "Pending Pre-Order," but when I click on the game, it says "Discontinued." Anyone have this ship for them?

My Game & Wario hasn't shipped yet. My order is described as "Pending Pre-Order," but when I click on the game, it says "Discontinued." Anyone have this ship for them?
I'm in the same boat as you. This happened to me with the Animal Crossing 3DS XL. They were also very slow in getting me Paper Mario: Sticker Star.

It's pretty irritating, but $8 off and no tax are not too bad. It probably wasn't arriving at/before launch since it released on a Sunday, anyhow.

It's pretty irritating, but $8 off and no tax are not too bad. It probably wasn't arriving at/before launch since it released on a Sunday, anyhow.
TBH, I would have kept it for those exact two reasons, but we're going out of town this weekend and our mailman is notoriously terrible. The last thing I need is some important letter not getting delivered because there's a giant Newegg bubble mailer clogging up my box.

G&W still shows as pending for me too.

I was expecting to see an e-mail with my invoice today, especially considering the game released yesterday.

Hopefully our orders don't get cancelled!

I've come close to swearing off purchasing from Newegg because of their slow delivery, but saving on games day one has been too tempting. They just shipped my Project X Zone today. I hope to see it before Saturday.

bread's done
Back