Muramasa Rebirth, Game & Wario Wii U $32; Shin Megami Tensei IV $42 (Newegg)

Still torn on whether I want to pick up SMT IV. I know Murasama will be mine (one day), but I'm going to want all the bells and whistles for SMT. 

Never played any of the games, though. And I've never been a big fan of the first-person dungeon crawler.... 

Thats cool since the game comes out tommorow. It will most likely be delivered on Thursday. Still, Nintendo games are realesed on Sundays hope G&W is delivered on Wednesday

Still torn on whether I want to pick up SMT IV. I know Murasama will be mine (one day), but I'm going to want all the bells and whistles for SMT.

Never played any of the games, though. And I've never been a big fan of the first-person dungeon crawler....
I have purposefully avoided most information about SMT IV so as not to be spoiled, but I'm nearly positive that it is not a FPDC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I have purposefully avoided most information about SMT IV so as not to be spoiled, but I'm nearly positive that it is not a FPDC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
The running around is 3rd person. The battles are first person where you only see your enemies.

Cancelled my pre-order for SMT IV from Newegg because my Project X Zone turned out to be just the game, not the LE first run edition. Don't want to run the risk again, plus their slow shipping. Going with Amazon because I figure $8 is worth day one delivery and an assurance it will be what I ordered. Plus, better Customer Service from Amazon.

Cancelled my pre-order for SMT IV from Newegg because my Project X Zone turned out to be just the game, not the LE first run edition. Don't want to run the risk again, plus their slow shipping. Going with Amazon because I figure $8 is worth day one delivery and an assurance it will be what I ordered. Plus, better Customer Service from Amazon.
How is that even possible? I thought all first runs of PXZ were the LE.

Has anybody gotten their G&W game shipped. Still pending here. Used copys are starting to show up on Amazon, if I find one from under $33 ill just go with that. Hurry Slowegg...hatch already

fuck guess I'll have to check stores and "trade" ;)

SMT IV should be fine however since Newegg is listed:

http://www.atlus.com/smt4/purchase.html

Just got this from Namco:

"We have looked into this and it seems that the Newegg retailer is only selling the standard edition of the game. Unfortunately, there's really not much we can do in your situation as this service primarily only exchanges defective copies of games for a properly working copy. As such the only thing we would be able to do would be to exchange the game (if it was defective) for another copy of the game and not for a different version.

The only recommendation we can make for this would be to contact Newegg and see if you can return the game for a refund (as they will usually allow this if the game is still sealed) and then purchase a copy of the limited edition version from a retailer that is offering it such as Gamestop/Amazon."

Did any one get Muramasa: Rebirth for PS Vita? I pre-ordered at Newegg but it's out of stock now. Tried to check Amazon it says 2-4 weeks shipping.

Emailed Newegg about it but still no reply.

Was the physical copy delayed on shipping or something? Anybody bought it from an online store and actually had it ship?

I'm tempted on SMT IV, but I know that it will just come destroyed from being shipped in a padded envelope, and I don't think I want to mess with that.
Just beware if you want a damage free copy, your gonna have to go GS. Amazon also ships with padded envelopes. My Project X Zone was in a padded envelope.

Did any one get Muramasa: Rebirth for PS Vita? I pre-ordered at Newegg but it's out of stock now. Tried to check Amazon it says 2-4 weeks shipping. Emailed Newegg about it but still no reply. Was the physical copy delayed on shipping or something? Anybody bought it from an online store and actually had it ship?
I got a ship notification with UPS tracking today. Preordered Muramasa from Newegg when it was $30. Looking forward to the game, early reviews I've read are pretty positive.

I got this canned response about G&W.

Thank you for contacting Newegg.
We are very sorry for this inconvenience. Since your order is not cancelled by our system automatically, we should have inventory shortly. We will process your preorder once we have the item in stock. Please keep in mind that this is only an estimated date of arrival given to us by the manufacturer. There may be delays due to inventory error or delays with the shipping trucks. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still require any assistance, please feel free to reply directly to this email.

Well that sucks, thought I would get it tommorow. Seems thats not the case now. Cheaper price equals cheaper service

Did any one get Muramasa: Rebirth for PS Vita? I pre-ordered at Newegg but it's out of stock now. Tried to check Amazon it says 2-4 weeks shipping. Emailed Newegg about it but still no reply. Was the physical copy delayed on shipping or something? Anybody bought it from an online store and actually had it ship?
Ordered it a few weeks ago when it was $30, haven't gotten any emails :/

The running around is 3rd person. The battles are first person where you only see your enemies.
Right, so it's just an old-school JRPG with battles done in a way similar to older DQ games. I didn't think it was a first-person dungeon crawler. I think it would be weird for them to take the main series back to that after Nocturne.

This should really be in the graveyard at this point.

Yes, it looks like they ordered/received a tiny amount from the distributors.  So, anybody that did not order very early will simply get nothing for now.

The website now says that it's OOS, and the ETA is 6/30.  I'm tired of Newegg pulling this way too often, cancelling my pre-order.

I talked to Newegg CS and they said they never got a shipment of the game. The page says discontinued/out of stock so I just cancelled it. I'll guess I'll just buy it when it goes down in price. Newegg sucks so bad. I never preordered from them before but this experience was terrible.

I preordered mine a while back from Amazon and it got here today. Came with the preorder bonus soundtrack cd.

Aksys is an annoying company, because they do a "ship date". This means you can buy something before release, but they rarely ship them before Tuesday. That is why GameStop didn't get theirs in till Wednesday and Amazon didn't ship till Wednesday too. This will probably be a rare physical copy and a "super rare" CE, since it seems like GS isn't even stocking it in store. lol

I got mine from Amazon today. Had the soundtrack too, but it was bent. -.-;;

Game and Wario still just sitting there not shipping like everyone else, kinda sucks since I'm having some friends over on Saturday and it seemed like it would have been a fun little game to try out the multiplayer in

I think Newegg finally received a shipment of Game & Wario 'cause my pre-order entered shipping stage. FYI, I pre-ordered it on 4.25.2013.

I think Newegg finally received a shipment of Game & Wario 'cause my pre-order entered shipping stage. FYI, I pre-ordered it on 4.25.2013.
That is good to hear that they actually are starting to send out copies. Been debating on canceling my preorder but decided to just wait it out since I won't have much time for it until next week anyways. Preordered Paper Mario 3DS from Newegg and had no problems. I think it was just this game because Best Buys near me still have not received Game & Wario.

Amazon now has Muramasa Rebirth LE under review. Most likely due to the volume of complaints of damage during shipping, so if you got a damaged copy like myself, CS recommends a full refund or waiting out seven business days to process an exchange.

I'm surprised that my copy even came damaged because it was packaged inside a box with no visible wear from shipping...so maybe it got crushed on the warehouse shelves?

Anyway, just put this out there for other CAGs in a similar situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Newegg sucks for pre-orders. Took them like 4 or 5 days to even ship out Soul Hackers when I bought it from them. I had a pre-order of Metro Last Light for months and the page I pre-ordered it on suddenly became 'discontinued' and they created a different pre-order page without telling me. My Dragon's Crown pre-order was cancelled for no reason last week. Expect to be waiting awhile with no status updates from Newegg. 

Newegg sucks for pre-orders. Took them like 4 or 5 days to even ship out Soul Hackers when I bought it from them. I had a pre-order of Metro Last Light for months and the page I pre-ordered it on suddenly became 'discontinued' and they created a different pre-order page without telling me. My Dragon's Crown pre-order was cancelled for no reason last week. Expect to be waiting awhile with no status updates from Newegg.
Bandersnatch I had the same issue with Dragons Crown cancellation. I contacted CS and I got them to credit me $10 towards pre-ordering dragons crown again. Just show them the cancellation email; mine said that my pre-order was cancelled due to newegg being "unable to fufill it" which cannot be correct as they are still allowing pre-orders.

I have had OK experience on pre-orders that dont have Limited Edition/collector's content and will be available in mass quantities...but Project X Zone was a problem, and who knows what will happen with Dragons Crown.

Yeah my copy of Muramasa from New Egg came with the soundtrack. Still doesn't make up for what happened with Project X Zone.

bread's done
Back