Must have games?

Tanabeo

CAGiversary!
I have had the PS3 for over a year now and only have 3 games god of war 3, heavy rain, and killzone 2. Like the title says what are the must have games on PS3 i'm looking to add a few.

I'll do my best to not come off as a dick but there are a Bunch of these threads in this forum. "I just got a ps3...what now" "what are the best exclusives?" and yada yada yada and so on....... just browse through one of those

[quote name='shadowkast']I'll do my best to not come off as a dick but there are a Bunch of these threads in this forum. "I just got a ps3...what now" "what are the best exclusives?" and yada yada yada and so on....... just browse through one of those[/QUOTE]

I think asking is being more of a dick. It demonstrates their lack of individuality on not being able to pick what they like. People like that never can decide for themselves without some external approval. Hate dealing with those people at work and same here.

Who cares what other people like. fuck them. Pick something that makes you happy.

When I think Ps3 & Must Have.

I think of 3 games.
1. Demons Souls.
2. Infamous.
3. Uncharted 2.

You cannot go wrong with any of those 3.

[quote name='Tanabeo']I have had the PS3 for over a year now and only have 3 games god of war 3, heavy rain, and killzone 2. Like the title says what are the must have games on PS3 i'm looking to add a few.[/QUOTE]

So just exclusives I take it? Uncharted 2 is a no brainer. Well made and it looks practically like a different generation at a lot of points, the graphics are so crazy detailed. Uncharted 1 looks fine (especially for a launch window game) but IMO doesn't play all that great.

Infamous is still in my backlog but looks fun. Resistance 1 was awesome IMO (haven't played 2 yet...seems like it looks better, but (they even admit) the single player is worse. 3D Dot Game Heroes looks awesome (also in my backlog . Playing Ratchet & Clank Future 1 which is really fun so far (maybe I never gave the PS2 games a shot, but I didn't like their demos...but this is fun).

And...I don't know, I'm probably forgetting all kinds of stuff...oh, like Metal Gear Solid 4...that's a no brainer. Looks astounding too. That was the first game I've ever played where I just sat there with it doing nothing for about 15 seconds after the intro because I thought it was all a CGI movie...and then I'm like "wait a minute...I can control this?!?" and sort of ran back and fourth in awe of it for a minute before I started in :lol:

I'm sure there's more stuff I'm forgetting...

Uncharted 2 is the best game to come out this generation IMO. Thats the best PS3 must own title.

Demons Souls
InFamous
Uncharted/Uncharted 2
Ratchet and Clank Future (Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time)
Resistance/Resistance 2
3D Dot Game Heroes (if you like old school Zelda)

Still in my backlog, but I hear great things about Valkyria Chronicles

[quote name='LottaGames']What kind of gamer are you to have a PS3 and ONLY 3 games? Ugh, you probably have a 360 and that's sad.[/QUOTE]

as you can tell from my sig im a achievement whore.

[quote name='Tanabeo']as you can tell from my sig im a achievement whore.[/QUOTE]

Precisely. That's the wrong way to play games but whatever. (You should want to enjoy the games whether awards are there or not.)

There's a ton on PS3.

Valkyria Chronicles is only for hard core SRPG fans. Normal people can't play it (they don't make these games for us anymore :( )

Demon's Souls...no idea. Maybe I should rent it sometime. People sure do a horrible job trying to sell it.

Valkyria Chronicles is a cool game. The learning curve is pretty damn steep though. The best way to describe this is that it's alot like final fantasy tactics but SOOOO much more detailed (emphasis on SOOOO). I've never played a game like this so it's is one of a kind which is great ( i love new types of games). Definitely not for a casual gamer though. This game must be in Japanese audio. English dub sounds atrocious.

I'll go ahead and say (not necessarily in this order):

1. Uncharted 2
2. Uncharted: DF
3. God of War 3
4. Infamous
5. Heavy Rain

As for games coming in the near future, Uncharted 3, Infamous 2 and maybe Resistance 3 look to be at the top of the list.

Ninja Gaiden Σ2 is a really cool game if you're looking for something hardcore. I personally love Ninja Gaiden, and since I sold my 360 and NG2, Σ2 was a no-brainer - however the series isn't for everybody.

[quote name='lokizz']Demon Souls

Uncharted 2

Motorstorm Pacific Rift[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking of picking up a Motorstorm game, should I get Motorstorm or Pacific Rift?

[quote name='bigant262']I've been thinking of picking up a Motorstorm game, should I get Motorstorm or Pacific Rift?[/QUOTE]

pacific rift is the best of the games so far and it can be found used cheap but theres a new one coming out as well just not sure when. pacific rift also supports custom soundtracks.

you didnt say if you were looking for EXCLUSIVES, but if you arent, then the two shooters you MUST have are

call of duty:black ops
battlefield: bad company 2

red dead redemption and just cause 2 are awesome sand box

i also agree that 3d dot game heroes and little big planet are must have ps3 exclusives

I disliked Little Big Planet. The control's pretty bad, and it never grabbed me (before I got stuck somewhere). Wasn't worth the

[quote name='lokizz']pacific rift is the best of the games so far and it can be found used cheap but theres a new one coming out as well just not sure when. pacific rift also supports custom soundtracks.[/QUOTE]

holy shit. Are you saying that I can play my music on my hard drive in game? WOW
A friend and I thought only need for speed allowed it and we only recently discovered this. I need to get motor storm.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Valkyria Chronicles is only for hard core SRPG fans. Normal people can't play it (they don't make these games for us anymore :( )
[/QUOTE]

By no means am I a hard core SRPG fan and I had a blast with Valkyria Chronicles. Offered a good challenge and never found it to be "cheap" or "broken" like some "SRPG" seem to be (I'm looking at you FF Tactics).

My best advice is just to go to the Playstation Store, download any demo that looks interesting, and try it out. There's quite a few games I found that way that I wouldn't have played otherwise.

bread's done
Back