My 3D skills are improving (2 pics)

Xevious

CAGiversary!
Here are two screenshots of a Backalley I was working on for my short film.

Old Pic
Alley%20Archive.jpg

New Revised pic
alley%20revised.jpg

Anyways, as you can see I revised the scene abit. There is a 2 year difference between the two pictures.

Hope you like 'em!

[quote name='Scorch']The force is strong with this one.

What program do you use?[/quote]

I used Carrara and Amapi for the 3D. I used Painter 6 for the textures.

the tags look a lot more realistic in the second pic, that'd be a fun program to fuck around with if I had the spare time, and if I didn't screw around on CAG so much I probably would.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']the tags look a lot more realistic in the second pic, that'd be a fun program to shaq-fu around with if I had the spare time, and if I didn't screw around on CAG so much I probably would.[/quote]

Funny you should mention that. For some reason, I had the hardest time making graffiti. It took me awhile to get it to look reasonably ok-looking.

[quote name='projecteightysix']that looks like the place in the intro to aqua teen hunger force haha[/quote]

I dont have cable so I never saw the show. Maybe I should rent it one of these days.

Good job , the first pic looks like a launch title for PS2 . The second pic looks like the 6 month - 1 year later , XBOX version . I mean this in a nice way , it's hard to "say it like you mean it" when your typing it . :D

Question: So how come you decided to do a pic of a back alley?

Regarding the pics themselves, as Darth Vader would say, "Impressive...most impressive"

[quote name='jaykrue']Question: So how come you decided to do a pic of a back alley?

Regarding the pics themselves, as Darth Vader would say, "Impressive...most impressive"[/quote]

Thanks for all the great comments guys. To answer Jaykrue question, The alley is one of the scenes in my short film (which is still a work-in-progress). You can sort of see what the film is about at http://www.brainwreckfilms.net

I didnt go to school for this. I learned all this from scratch. So you can see with the 2 screenshots above how I am progressing.

Looking pretty good man.

Try to do something with the brick texture to mix up the pattern. And maybe make the door frame not so squared. Round out the corners or something. And maybe change the color of it or add a texture to it.

Keep up the good work tho.

bread's done
Back