My backlog is massive, but I keep buying more games. Need CAG Anonymous.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Think the problem I have with most RPG's is I get so easily sucked in. Like literally I can spend hours in one and not care about much else (basically thinking of layouts and weapons and what quests to tackle next). So it's kinda hard to put it down and the fact that the average time is about 30 hours for majority of them doesn't help.[/QUOTE]

Shin Megami Tensei games are crazy in that respect; it's to the point where I've sworn off P4, Nocturne, and Devil Summoner 2 just because I know I have a (as of yet uncomplete) P3: FES, Digital Devil Saga 2, and somewhere down the line Devil Summoner 1 (if I pick it up again).

It takes a lot of discipline picking these up; often it's better to flip because I know I'll probably find another copy before I get a chance to play the one I already have. :roll:

[quote name='NovaKane']

PS3
- Spider-Man: SD
- Sonic 4
- Hard Corps: Uprising
- Dead Space

X-Box 360
- Gears of War 3
[/QUOTE]

^ My current backlog. I really needed to refine my list. Finished Enslaved which was pretty cool. Took the PS2 games off since I will probably never finish those. Took the free PS3 Welcome Back games off too.

I'm only goin' keep my backlog down to current gen and stuff I bought.

hell i got around 300 Ds games and 200 psp games just sitting in bags probally 20% of them sealed and i still buy AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='bh47']Oh man I didn't even think to list my downloadable stuff! And PS2 backlog is there too, forgot about that as well. Off the top of my head:

:360: Comic Jumper
:360: Costume Quest
:360: Toy Soldiers
:360: Deathspank Thongs of Virtue
:360: Bionic Commando Rearmed
:360: Winterbottom
:ps2: Okami
:ps2: Rogue Galaxy
:ps2: Persona 3
:ps2: Persona 3 FES
:ps2: Persona 4
:ps2: Fatal Frame 2 - loved loved the 1st one, but I bought this late in the ps2 era
:ps2: Ratchet and Clank Deadlocked
:ps2: FFX - 70% done, then got sidetracked by GTA San Andreas
:xbox: GTA San Andreas - 90% done, then sidetracked by purchase of the 360
:xbox: Mercenaries
:pc: Tales of Monkey Island episdes 4-5 - had a hdd crash and I never finished 4 after that.
:pc: Company of Heroes
(DC) Shenmue - always wanted to get back to this... but now it looks so ~ aged. I haven't listed this far back because these games are kinda hopeless as far as getting completed goes.

I can't make a list of games I've finished, coz that list is beyond massive. The fact I HAVE managed to finish so many games is how I justify more buying to myself.[/QUOTE]

You will not diss Shenmue! Lol. It's definitely one of my favorite games from my Dreamcast days. They really need to make the third one. I would definitely buy that. I should post my backlog too. Just need to find the energy.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's pretty sad when I consider two weeks (and going) of not buying games to be a victory for me and the growing backlog. Though counting DLC I've at least beaten 38 games this year so far so at least making some small leeway.[/QUOTE]

Lol, that's how I feel about those Best Buy DOTD. I go three days without buying then BAM! A sweat deal pops up.

It's been awhile, since I made a New Years Resolution to resist buying another game for as long as possible. Lasted 4 months. Sigh. I eneded up breaking it on BB's recent B2G1 on used games.

:360: Dragon Age 2 - $9
:ps3: Killzone 3 - $9
:360: NBA 2K11 - free (always wanted to try Jordan career mode)

Here's my current backlog:

:360:Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
:360:SSX
:360:DMC HD Collection
:360:DMC 4
:360:Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition
:360:Skyrim
:ps3:Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
:ps3:The Sly Collection
:ps3:Red Dead Redemption GOTY Edition
:ps3:Dark Souls
:ps3:Demon's Souls
:ps3:Resistance: Fall of Man
:ps3:Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection

I'm gonna try not to buy another game until I make a big dent in my backlog, but I'll probably fail. :whistle2:#

I have been making a dent in my backlog but the problem is that I keep buying games... and I buy games for systems that I don't even have yet, which is really bad. But I do intend to buy a PS3 in the next few months but I just need to save up a few more best buy gift cards then I can play the Atelier games I bought from gamestop.

It's funny seeing this thread again. I think I posted before that I try to avoid the deals forum when I feel my backlog is building up, but that does not work anymore. Back then I was the only CAG I knew and since then a few of my friends have joined. Even if I try avoiding the deals forum, i still have at least 2-3 people texting me deals they saw. One of my friends subscribes to @Gamer at Best Buy and has shared his coupons with me when the cashier doesn't tear them out so I got a few of those $5 games recently.

What really sucks though is that having a backlog sometimes takes the fun out of gaming. It seems to become more of a "I need to play/finish this game because i need to chip away at the backlog" rather than "I really WANT to play this"

[quote name='dobedobedo']What really sucks though is that having a backlog sometimes takes the fun out of gaming. It seems to become more of a "I need to play/finish this game because i need to chip away at the backlog" rather than "I really WANT to play this"[/QUOTE]

I totally know this feeling. I made myself a trade list with TIV so there are games I want to beat while they are still worth something. Then there are games I plan to keep in my permanent collection which ends up falling into the back of the list, even though I SHOULD play them for the quality, like that Dragon Age Origins or Metal Gear Solid 4 that's sitting there...

The solution is simple, if you don't want a game enough that you plan to keep it, wait until its cheap to buy it instead of buying for a lot and trading back. I have hundreds in my backlog but I probably paid somewhere between a dollar and 10 dollars for the vast majority so who cares.

I already buy my games dirt cheap. I just like to recycle my credits. Between Best Buy and Gamestop, I have over $500 of credit/giftcards. With the exception of buying from Gamefly, I haven't paid cash for a game in 2 or 3 years.

The problem is shelf space.

Glad I'm not the only one with a huge ass backlog. I sometimes wish I had more free time but then when I do get free time half the time I don't play a game anyways lol. the really gotta focus on it. And there's a lot of games in my backlog love to play

[quote name='bh47']I already buy my games dirt cheap. I just like to recycle my credits. Between Best Buy and Gamestop, I have over $500 of credit/giftcards. With the exception of buying from Gamefly, I haven't paid cash for a game in 2 or 3 years.

The problem is shelf space.[/QUOTE]

Can you teach me the ways? I'd love to spend less money by buying, playing, flipping, etc.

The fact that $60 goes much further than 1 game now means that the backlog is gonna get huge with lil spent. There's gotta be a way to capitalize on this though & that way people can get paid for playing through their backlog. A new industry that would support the game industry which would benefit all. Much better than another facebook lol.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Can you teach me the ways? I'd love to spend less money by buying, playing, flipping, etc.[/QUOTE]

For me it all started when I got a few BB and GS giftcards a few years back. I realized I could buy at BB and trade at GS or vice-versa depending on TIV.

There are a few key threads to watch on CAG, such as the BB trade-in % for that week, as well as JP's Gamestop TIV thread. Even Enuf's BB coupon thread can help you nail some games super cheap (like Dead Island for $6, Rage for $5, Homefront for $1.xx, etc).

Then, watch for sales on Sundays. CAG helps us anticipate what sales are happening. For example, BB has a B2G1 on pre-owned, and a bunch of games also recently dropped to $10. There were titles like Killzone 3 that could be traded back to BB for gain.

Another opportunity was when Two Worlds 2 pre-owned dropped in price at GS to $14.99, coupled with B2G1, you can buy 3 copies for $30. BB had a strangely high TIV on it at the time, and they allowed you to trade up to 3 per platform. My GS had a ton of Two Worlds 2 for some reason (like 7 or 8 copies per platform) so I didn't feel bad about taking 3 and 3.

The sweet spot is usually when a new-ish game first drops in price, combined with a sale/B2G1. It might have gone on sale at BB and GS hasn't adjusted the TIV in their system yet, or vice-versa. You gotta jump on these deals early, because the TIV is sure to fall as ppl trade-in through the week. It helps to have the bonus 10% discount at GS PUR and BB GCU as well, as it adds up.

There are other CAGs like I Am The Cheapest Gamer, Velo214 and Enuf that are also quite good at seeking out dirt cheap deals where there are trade opportunities.

You HAVE TO give up on buying games on release. Accept that you'll be playing some games later than usual, as they ALWAYS drop in price eventually. I make exceptions for the few games I know I'll be spending tons of hours on for multiplayer, but I'm otherwise a backlog gamer.

bread's done
Back