My backlog is massive, but I keep buying more games. Need CAG Anonymous.

To anyone who has any of these in their backlog:

Dead Space 1 and/or 2
Bioshock 1 and/or 2

Pick one, spend two nights with it, don't come back to CAG until you're done. They're all less than 15 hours long and worth every minute of your time.

My dilemma is trying to figure out which long & intimidating game I'll be in the mood to actually sink my teeth into:

Oblivion
Mass Effect 1/2
Borderlands
Half-Life 2 (already put 7+ hours into it on PC, I'll have to restart on the the 360)
Hitman Blood Money (I had to pull out my headphone when Cheapy started spoiling the balls out of the ending a few weeks back)

My backlog is beyond enormous. I had a very bad collecting problem that I developed shortly after discovering this website. Initially, I bought a 360 in 2009 after being out of the gaming scene for almost two years. New to the idea of buying games for way less than retail, I was ecstatic with the finding of this website.

But then, I discovered the art of flipping, and before I knew it, I built enough GameStop credit to buy a PS3 (heaps of games from goHastings B2G1 for $1 sales. I believe the exact promotion was $20 credit for games on a select list, and these games were more than easy to find three for $20 ish during goHastings sales.)

Then GameStop flipping wasn't enough because I discovered online trade-in programs, like Amazon and Gazelle's programs (I sure do miss old Gazelle :cry:). Once I made that discovery, I combined eBay's Bing Cashback program, trade-in programs, and goHastings B2G1 for $1 sales to make my backlog stupid big. With old school Gazelle, I could sell the most valuable game or two of an eBay lot, and come away with a ton of games for cheap. Same deal with the goHastings sales, get two for keeps, flip a valuable one (think Gazelle was giving $42 for Dante's Inferno at one point with a month to get the game to them).

I was consumed with looking for deals and flips. I spent a lot more time on these forums and eBay than I did playing games.

A few months after this, I learned of Amazon Warehouse. Needless to say, Amazon Warehouse in conjunction with my collecting habits combined to make my situation even worse. I found a $55 DS Lite, $95 PSP 3000, and a $130 ish Sports Resort Wii Bundle last Summer. I think around this point is when Gazelle's trade-in values went down the drain, and I took a step back to see exactly what I was doing. I still buy more than I should, but I am nearly as bad as I was a while ago.

Regardless, I was going to spend my money somewhere. I've a habit of saving my spending money and splurging on big purchases eventually. Know for fact that my Mustang would be heavily modified, and who knows what I would have done to my Camaro.

Back on topic, though, I own 550 ish games, and I've only beaten 67 of them. To be fair, some of these are PS2, Xbox, and GameCube games that were shared between my brother and I.

TLDR version: discovery of CAG + discovery of flipping + development of collecting problem = 550 game backlog.

edit: my backlog/collection

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been trying to clear up some of my backlog lately, but now I wonder if it a good thing or not. I'm spending time playing B level and C level games with good A level games sitting on there.

Like right now I'm playing Conan, when I have Portal 2 and Dragon Age 2 just sitting there.

It because a month ago I said I wanted to get through a bunch of my backlog, so in the last month I've finished Borderlands, Wolverine, CSI, Conan

I've never gotten as bad as you guys, but my backlog has gotten up to around 15 at times (which to me is massive). At that point I completely stop buying games, no matter what the price. I start working on my backlog and don't stop grinding through it until I finish all the games there. I then reward myself on a job well done with more games :D

[quote name='Denbo32']I've been trying to clear up some of my backlog lately, but now I wonder if it a good thing or not. I'm spending time playing B level and C level games with good A level games sitting on there.

Like right now I'm playing Conan, when I have Portal 2 and Dragon Age 2 just sitting there.

It because a month ago I said I wanted to get through a bunch of my backlog, so in the last month I've finished Borderlands, Wolverine, CSI, Conan[/QUOTE]

I know that feeling exactly! Luckily I've managed to beat and trade-in most of my B and C quality games, and since so many AAA titles are coming out constantly as of late, I've stopped buying those B's C's. The AAA's are usually the keepers, which ends up in the Massive Perma-Collection Syndrome category (which is another stash).

It is definately tough when you are staring at a $10 current generation game.
But what I found helps is a list of what you want AND include a price point, if lets say bayonetta isnt $10 dont buy it.
I have tried just the list and that didnt help, but the tittle and price makes things fun, like hunting for the specific nugget, I have had afro samurai on my want list for the longest time, BUT i refuse to pay anything over $5 for it, so on the list it stays.

But my baklog does grow and grow, just not as quickly anymore.
It also gets scary if you keep track of how much money you are spending, Not how many games, just the $$$ spent.
craziness.

I love CAG :)

I never had too much of a backlog until my senior year in college (2007-2008). My newfound income from a fairly well-paid internship, coupled with my realization that complete PS2/GameCube games in very good condition would soon be very difficult to find at Gamestops led me on a buying spree at most B2G1 sales. I started buying up the titles I had always wanted but never got around to purchasing, as long as they had reached my strike price of $17.99 ($10.80 each after B2G1 and an Edge card :cool:). I probably amassed around 40 unplayed games within a year this way, bringing my backlog close to 50-60.

And then I discovered CAG in the summer of 2008. Within a week of finding CAG, I bought about 15 $4.97 clearance games from K-Mart and Sears and flipped the extras to Gamestop (don't hate, all n00bs get over-excited by their first clearance deals!!). And from there I discovered the golden age of Gamestop/Blockbuster flipping, and I quickly amassed a LOT of store credit at both stores, with very little initial cash investment. I had earned over $2000 and wasn't so sure what to do with it all. I bought myself a DS, bought my brother a DS, and then started buying a TON of games, and trading a lot of my credit away on CAG. Long story short, that kicked my collecting into high gear. Even though I burned through that huge amount of credit within a year, I still continue to buy games and add to the collection. I'm probably sitting on around 300 or more, but I haven't counted in a long time. Most of it is in boxes in my dad's house, untouched.

I am taking measures to reduce my huge collection, though. I have been getting rid of a lot of the C and B list games I have, even if they are only worth $1-2. It's not worth the space to have them, and I'll NEVER get around to them. I've also been buying way fewer games in the last year. I have sat out the last several B2G1 sales at Gamestop because I know that anything I'm interested in will be available in the future, most likely for even less. Shelf space is at a premium for me, and I'm out of it. Of course, I still get in on occasional deals, like many of the K-Mart coupon train deals, or certain LE/CE games that I'm interested in, but I really want to cut back, and actually see a decrease in my backlog. But that probably won't happen ;)

[quote name='Rave Child']I never had too much of a backlog until my senior year in college (2007-2008). My newfound income from a fairly well-paid internship, coupled with my realization that complete PS2/GameCube games in very good condition would soon be very difficult to find at Gamestops led me on a buying spree at most B2G1 sales. I started buying up the titles I had always wanted but never got around to purchasing, as long as they had reached my strike price of $17.99 ($10.80 each after B2G1 and an Edge card :cool:). I probably amassed around 40 unplayed games within a year this way, bringing my backlog close to 50-60.

And then I discovered CAG in the summer of 2008. Within a week of finding CAG, I bought about 15 $4.97 clearance games from K-Mart and Sears and flipped the extras to Gamestop (don't hate, all n00bs get over-excited by their first clearance deals!!). And from there I discovered the golden age of Gamestop/Blockbuster flipping, and I quickly amassed a LOT of store credit at both stores, with very little initial cash investment. I had earned over $2000 and wasn't so sure what to do with it all. I bought myself a DS, bought my brother a DS, and then started buying a TON of games, and trading a lot of my credit away on CAG. Long story short, that kicked my collecting into high gear. Even though I burned through that huge amount of credit within a year, I still continue to buy games and add to the collection. I'm probably sitting on around 300 or more, but I haven't counted in a long time. Most of it is in boxes in my dad's house, untouched.

I am taking measures to reduce my huge collection, though. I have been getting rid of a lot of the C and B list games I have, even if they are only worth $1-2. It's not worth the space to have them, and I'll NEVER get around to them. I've also been buying way fewer games in the last year. I have sat out the last several B2G1 sales at Gamestop because I know that anything I'm interested in will be available in the future, most likely for even less. Shelf space is at a premium for me, and I'm out of it. Of course, I still get in on occasional deals, like many of the K-Mart coupon train deals, or certain LE/CE games that I'm interested in, but I really want to cut back, and actually see a decrease in my backlog. But that probably won't happen ;)[/QUOTE]

What's up Rave, haven't seen you in a while?:)

I'm in the same boat. I realized I had less than 20 games on the original Xbox. That was in part because I lived a block from a Blockbuster, back when their online rental program allowed fora free videogame rental coupon every two weeks, but still, I looked at new games as $50. Even at the beginning of the 360 cycle, I was still foolish enough to think everyone bought their games at $60. Then CAG happened. Wait, what? The Darkness is $10? Must have. Don't know why, but must have! Blue Dragon? I hate JRPGs, but it's 3 discs and $10? MINE!

This has gone on for a few years now, and I'm currently the owner of around 80 360 games (both DL and physical copy). I also got a free PS2 awhile back, and basically bought all the games I never played on that console and was entrigued by. Realistically, I'll never get through some of those, especially the longer RPGs.

I never used to have a videogame backlog. Now it's commonplace. Insane. It's so bad, I even have my son on a videogame backlog. I buy games for him for achieving little behavior awards, and I've pretty much got the rest of the year secured with gaming rewards.

Between that and my feelings of self-importance over at the CAG Poltical forum, I spend more time on this site than Google. fuck your mother CAG. fuck her good.

My backlog is so enormous I don't even want to talk about it. If you count all my previous gen games it would be even larger. I probably have a 20+ backlog of PS2 games alone most of which I have hardly touched. I have at least 50 on the gamecube that I haven't played or I played a little of. That backlog will get bigger as I go to more yard sales. I own at least 50 DS games and can't seem to wean the collection of any less than that because there are so many I want to play. I don't even own all the games that I want to play yet. Doesn't help that I like to play RPG's and that most of my games are RPG's. I am also a completionist which means I like to get everything in every game and full beat it before I even think about selling it. Might just be part of my problem. For the PS2 I have yet to play games like Final Fantasy X, X2, XII, Xenosaga etc..

Don't even start me on my backlog of iPod touch apps, I have like 2000 apps or more downloaded from the app store for free most of which I admit to not actually touching or installing on my device, even though my device has plenty of room on it for more apps. Getting a lot of gifted or free iTunes giftcards does not help either. I listen to japanese music so I can't buy music with them since iTunes doesn't have the stuff I listen to for the US region so that leaves me to spend them on the app store....

I have around 80 plus games that i have not touched. i got rid of a ton of video games last year to amazon to have space and used the credits to buy tools for around the house and stuff that i will actually need and use. i tried gamefly for a bit and was actually impressed for the first month of their service then games were always out of stock for the next two months so i felt i was wasting money so i cancelled. either way i feel it is starting to become a waste of money to buy videogames especially when they just sit there but i keep coming back to this site every morning to check if there is an awesome deal on a game lol. dont get me wrong i play games just got into kz3 and actually playing black ops the campaign and not online multiplayer. i guess you just have to make time everynight for at least 2 hours in order to get through some of these games but that is tough. have never bought a game at retail price mostly when games hit 24 or less is when i bite but for the past year i have been really picky at what i buy now. Everyone has an addiction or a hobby in life i just hope some of you are not in debt because of games =(

My backlog:

:ps3:39 + :360:50 + :wii:28 + :pc:61 + :ds:33 + :psp:24 + :ps2:45 + :xbox:8 = 288

And this isn't even counting games that I've given up on.

I'm currently beating games at a about 2/month (sometimes less), so...I'll be done in 12 years, assuming I don't buy a game ever again. But I buy well over 100 every year, so it's more likely my backlog will be around 1200 by then :T

[quote name='trailmix10']I have around 80 plus games that i have not touched. i got rid of a ton of video games last year to amazon to have space and used the credits to buy tools for around the house and stuff that i will actually need and use. i tried gamefly for a bit and was actually impressed for the first month of their service then games were always out of stock for the next two months so i felt i was wasting money so i cancelled. either way i feel it is starting to become a waste of money to buy videogames especially when they just sit there but i keep coming back to this site every morning to check if there is an awesome deal on a game lol. dont get me wrong i play games just got into kz3 and actually playing black ops the campaign and not online multiplayer. i guess you just have to make time everynight for at least 2 hours in order to get through some of these games but that is tough. have never bought a game at retail price mostly when games hit 24 or less is when i bite but for the past year i have been really picky at what i buy now. Everyone has an addiction or a hobby in life i just hope some of you are not in debt because of games =([/QUOTE]

I hear you about getting rid of games, I have been trying to get rid of games I will never play. I keep bringing huge loads of games and systems to the fleamarket to trade in for cash and I have gone about 3 times so far which as much as I could carry and even though I have traded in a ton of games and electronics it doesn't seem like its making a dent in my collection! This doesn't include the games and other things I have shipped out by selling on ebay. It just seems that more games, systems and electronics keep coming in lol!

Its a waste of money for me to buy Wii games because my local library rents them out for free and they have all the big name titles that I haven't played yet so I am definitely not buying any of those anytime soon because with a little diligence on my part I could be playing those games for free.

[quote name='Vinny']What's up Rave, haven't seen you in a while?:)[/QUOTE]
Hey there Vinny! :) Yeah, life's been keeping me pretty busy lately. Nowadays I mostly come to CAG to lurk, it's sad!

I also play like 1 game every 2 months, if that, so that certainly doesn't help my backlog! Plus everything I play seems to take 40+ hours. I should really knock out some of my shorter games.... I could easily do 15 hours within a week if I really tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
People! It's all about control! I got lucky and realized the error of my ways early on. Coupled with the "luck" of actually missing a lot of deals (Was on a CAG hiatus during the huge CC $5 sale). I never got a chance for it to get too bad.

The best way I realized that I could limit myself was to keep a tab on what I buy. There are threads here that let you do just that (links to mine in sig). It makes you realize how much you're actually spending and how many games you've beaten. If the numbers are really heavy on the spending side and really low on the completion end, you're spending way more than you should.

I'm nowhere near as bad as any of you. I only buy a game if I know I will play it within a month (aside from REALLY good deals, or certain exceptions). My spending has dropped considerably. Coupled with Amazon credit, I'm not spending much at all.

It's all about control! Don't buy that game just because it's $5. Buy it because you see yourself playing it SOON. Not 5 years from now, not 6 months, not after you beat the 15 titles you bought beforehand, SOON. Now my backlog only occurs for 2 reasons: Gifts and Steam Sales (Which is my still my one weakness that I'm trying to overcome).

I must say I really am enjoying this thread and now its my turn. Even though I never even knew what a backlog was when I was much younger. I was one of the 64 kids, so every game I had was a 64 game for the longest of time and at most I had 1 game in the backlog if I saw two games cheap. But I found CAG early last year and signed up a few months later. Around that time I became interested in PS3 which I happened to purchase back on April 20 the same day the outage started. Anyway before even purchasing my PS3 I had 10 games already in my backlog thanks to CAG, and I must say it was strange at first simply buying the games before I could even play them, still they were cheap...
Now I love CAG and the community, surprisingly one of the best on the internet, so here I am.
Although my backlog isn't massive, it started five times bigger than any backlog I ever had.

[quote name='ryosnk']I have over 200 games unplayed and I wonder why my wife gets mad when she sees the stack. ;)[/QUOTE]

My backlog is well over 400 (counting Steam games)...good thing I'm not married. ;)

Today I just added another...Skate for PS3. It's on sale at Amazon for $14.99 (with free standard shipping). But it came used (was re-wrapped). No scratches or anything and everything looks new....but it was used. I contacted CS and they issued me a refund and told me I could keep the game as well! I couldn't believe it!

Adding Skate to the massive and shameful backlog...at least it was free, so I don't feel too guilty. lol

I should also mention I am a big time sweepstakes freak so I win a lot of gift cards, coupled with gift cards from things like doing surveys online I have quite a bit to spend. The only time I am not paying for games with my winnings or earnings is when I am spending a few dollars per game at yard sales. You can save more at yard sales by getting games in bulk if there is a lot at one sale and either keeping what you don't want to play right away or selling them off and making what you spent on the original lot back so in this case it makes sense to have a backlog. Especially if you are only paying cents to $5 per game and especially if you get a bunch of games you actually want to play at some point. Its better than buying them at used GS prices or ebay prices further down the line.

Now if you have a 60+ backlog of games you paid $60 each for when they are new then yes you are spending more than you probably should be spending, but I suspect on CAG this is not the case.

btw Friday my backlog will add about 10 more games once BBV B1G1 goes live once again.

Hello DR2, SWTFII, Transformers game, metal of Honor, + random games.

[quote name='kodave']Backloggery.com

My backlog across 5 systems is a shade over 200 now, which is like 75% of my collection unplayed or unbeaten.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, thank you, and thank you for that site!

[quote name='crzyboy88']People! It's all about control! I got lucky and realized the error of my ways early on. Coupled with the "luck" of actually missing a lot of deals (Was on a CAG hiatus during the huge CC $5 sale). I never got a chance for it to get too bad.

The best way I realized that I could limit myself was to keep a tab on what I buy. There are threads here that let you do just that (links to mine in sig). It makes you realize how much you're actually spending and how many games you've beaten. If the numbers are really heavy on the spending side and really low on the completion end, you're spending way more than you should.

I'm nowhere near as bad as any of you. I only buy a game if I know I will play it within a month (aside from REALLY good deals, or certain exceptions). My spending has dropped considerably. Coupled with Amazon credit, I'm not spending much at all.

It's all about control! Don't buy that game just because it's $5. Buy it because you see yourself playing it SOON. Not 5 years from now, not 6 months, not after you beat the 15 titles you bought beforehand, SOON. Now my backlog only occurs for 2 reasons: Gifts and Steam Sales (Which is my still my one weakness that I'm trying to overcome).[/QUOTE]

The problem is that most of us (myself included) have impulse control problems. It is too easy to rationalize buyinng a $5 game. One minute I'm a Tower of Iron Will resisting the urge to buy a game that is a great deal. The next minute, I 'm justifying the 5 games I just bought with totally reasonable explanations.

[quote name='Denbo32']btw Friday my backlog will add about 10 more games once BBV B1G1 goes live once again.

Hello DR2, SWTFII, Transformers game, metal of Honor, + random games.[/QUOTE]
The BBV B1G1 caused me to get about a dozen PS3 games before I even owned the system! But all the BBVs around me suck now, so I won't be adding to my backlog this weekend. I do find it pretty difficult to say no to a $5-$7.50 game. That's like the price of lunch!

Backlog has been out of control for ages, hovering around 300 right now even though I've conducted massive purges over the years.

Can't seem to finish them as fast as I get them!

Only "solution" I have besides another purge is figuring out which games will take the least amount of time to finish, and play those first. Issue is moot, though, as I'll numerically have fewer games to play, but have only long ones (RPGs, typically) left, so no real time saved unless I sell or trade some off. And that just ain't gonna happen!

I have a huge backlog too, with a lot of unopened games. However, it's a hobby and there are other things I could be wasting money on. Drinkng beer, going to the movies (instead of buying them), school JK :). It would take m a lifetime to finish the games I have. Hey, now I'm starting to feel like crap about this. I'm giving all my games to goodwill today... Ahhh, no I'm not!

[quote name='homersteve']I have a huge backlog too, with a lot of unopened games. However, it's a hobby and there are other things I could be wasting money on. Drinkng beer, going to the movies (instead of buying them), school JK :). It would take m a lifetime to finish the games I have. Hey, now I'm starting to feel like crap about this. I'm giving all my games to goodwill today... Ahhh, no I'm not![/QUOTE]

You should definitely just give them to Good Will.

Which one were you planning on donating to?

:D

[quote name='bh47']The worst part of backlogged games is when the price drops even lower before you had a chance to play it.[/QUOTE]

When you get down to the $5-10 price point the vast majority of games don't drop that much further so if you find a brand new game you want to buy at these price points I say go for it. Even a used copy on ebay will usually run you $6-7 with shipping costs for pretty much any game and that is for the most rock bottom of ebay prices which are hard to get sometimes.

I feel so overwhelmed by my backlog lately that I can't imagine spending any amount of money on any game at this time. I'm usually a sucker for a good deal, but I've been surprisingly strong-willed. It seems like every time I, let's say, put a game in my cart online over the past week or so, all that comes to my mind is that rack of games I've yet to finish. I then look at the price (whatever it may be) and I just can't do it to myself, lol. I hope I can keep that up, because I know I'll be buying a few games day 1 through the fall, so I'll need to save some money. And use that time to get through some great games I already have!

I'm really trying a one game per console thing... so far so good (but it's only been a week ;)). Been chippin away at Mass Effect 1 and P3P. I think the Uncharted 3 beta will have my attention for a while on the ps3 though, so no progress will be made there :roll:

[quote name='SaraAB']When you get down to the $5-10 price point the vast majority of games don't drop that much further so if you find a brand new game you want to buy at these price points I say go for it. Even a used copy on ebay will usually run you $6-7 with shipping costs for pretty much any game and that is for the most rock bottom of ebay prices which are hard to get sometimes.[/QUOTE]

This is what im doing now to control myself, i just usually wait the game to drop $12-$10 less before buying them and $5 less for Blurays.

Op here. My current stash.

my%252520stash%2525202011-07-03.jpg

On LEFT is played and kept for collection. on RIGHT, the BACKLOG, clearly winning.

[quote name='giantqtipz']I have a friend who has a shit PC, but yet buys discounted games on steam. I know for sure he won't play the games lol.[/QUOTE]

Maybe he's saving up for a better PC? I mean some good titles drop as low as $3 or $4 and realistically aren't going any lower. There's worse things you can drop $3 or $4 on.

I had a shit PC and knew I was getting a new PC this summer. For several months in advance I picked up several cheap games from Steam I couldn't play on the shit PC. Now I have a new PC and I can play these games right away, no need to wait for another sale to come around and none of the games have been sold for prices lower than what I paid.

I have no frickin' willpower. Darn. This past week, I picked up
:360: Metro 2033 - $15 BB sale
:360: Castlevania Lords of Shadow CE - $30 BB again
:ps3: Resistance Dual Pack - $25 after BB @gamers coupon
:psp: Valkyria Chronicles 2 - $20 new GS price drop

WTH?!?!

EDIT: also, Stacking for 600 msp XBL dotw

All I have to say is :shock:. I mean I thought I had a tough time with all of the games I have barely played but I am clearly mistaken.

I used to have a big collection that included everything from original NES games to all three modern consoles.

Then, I ditched all the legacy systems in favor of the modern consoles... and that backlog ended up being just as big.

Then, almost a year ago, I went through some nasty personal stuff and ditched everything except for a PSP, a PlayStation 3, and my laptop. I told myself I'd be all digital from now on. If a game didn't have a digital release, I wouldn't buy it.

That worked out fine until I got a 3DS when it launched (an exception to my rule because Nintendo doesn't believe in digital distribution, for some reason) and an Xbox 360 about a month ago following the Xbox TV announcement. Now, even staying all digital, I find myself buying tons of deeply-discounted games whenever they're on sale. My digital collections are huge, especially on Steam. Steam is a killer.

http://www.backloggery.com/renaissance2k

Earlier this week, I made the realization that I'd spend less money by buying a game at regular price when I'm ready to play it than buying a bunch at a discounted price and saving them for a rainy day. I'm going to finish out this Steam sale and then try to stick with that.

[quote name='bh47']I have no frickin' willpower. Darn. This past week, I picked up
:360: Metro 2033 - $15 BB sale
:360: Castlevania Lords of Shadow CE - $30 BB again
:ps3: Resistance Dual Pack - $25 after BB @gamers coupon
:psp: Valkyria Chronicles 2 - $20 new GS price drop

WTH?!?!

EDIT: also, Stacking for 600 msp XBL dotw[/QUOTE]

Same here bro.
the sears and best buy sale this week is crazy.
I got Dragon quest 4, 3 ds games for $3 each, fallout NV, Call of duty BO, fear 3, zelda tp. the only good thing is if u wanted the games later, gamestop will sell it more for a used copy.

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']I used to have a big collection that included everything from original NES games to all three modern consoles.

Then, I ditched all the legacy systems in favor of the modern consoles... and that backlog ended up being just as big.

Then, almost a year ago, I went through some nasty personal stuff and ditched everything except for a PSP, a PlayStation 3, and my laptop. I told myself I'd be all digital from now on. If a game didn't have a digital release, I wouldn't buy it.

That worked out fine until I got a 3DS when it launched (an exception to my rule because Nintendo doesn't believe in digital distribution, for some reason) and an Xbox 360 about a month ago following the Xbox TV announcement. Now, even staying all digital, I find myself buying tons of deeply-discounted games whenever they're on sale. My digital collections are huge, especially on Steam. Steam is a killer.

http://www.backloggery.com/renaissance2k

Earlier this week, I made the realization that I'd spend less money by buying a game at regular price when I'm ready to play it than buying a bunch at a discounted price and saving them for a rainy day. I'm going to finish out this Steam sale and then try to stick with that.[/QUOTE]

Thats good, but does the service let u make a copy?

[quote name='The Punisher']Same here bro.
the sears and best buy sale this week is crazy.
I got Dragon quest 4, 3 ds games for $3 each, fallout NV, Call of duty BO, fear 3, zelda tp. the only good thing is if u wanted the games later, gamestop will sell it more for a used copy.[/QUOTE]

True. GS is still selling Metro 2033 for $25 used.

Used to be droughts during certain months for game releases. I mean GOOD games. They were usually all released in Q4. So the backlog would get worked on during these drought months. But now, there's something worth playing releasing every damn month.

2011 so far-
January - Dead Space 2
February - Bulletstorm / Stacking
March - Crysis 2 / Dragon Age II
April - Portal 2 / Mortal Kombat
May - L.A. Noire
June - inFamous 2

I only bought 2 of the listed during release (at deep discounts ~ approx $25 for each) but if any of those went on a good sale in the future it's gonna go into the backlog for sure.

[quote name='bh47']True. GS is still selling Metro 2033 for $25 used.

Used to be droughts during certain months for game releases. I mean GOOD games. They were usually all released in Q4. So the backlog would get worked on during these drought months. But now, there's something worth playing releasing every damn month.

2011 so far-
January - Dead Space 2
February - Bulletstorm / Stacking
March - Crysis 2 / Dragon Age II
April - Portal 2 / Mortal Kombat
May - L.A. Noire
June - inFamous 2

I only bought 2 of the listed during release (at deep discounts ~ approx $25 for each) but if any of those went on a good sale in the future it's gonna go into the backlog for sure.[/QUOTE]
I got Fear 3 on release day because ToysR Us Glitch 2 for $50 deal. Bro wanted Black OPs and said what the hell, it Fear 3 since its new and didnt see any other good games to get.

I just added 3 more to my backlog last night thanks to the newly resurrected Sears clearance.;)

I added(all :ps3:):

Alpha Protocol-$10
Dark Void-$4
Prototype-$6

I'm tempted to go back and get the original LBP for $10, since that dropped this month too supposedly AND if they ever drop them to $20 I'll go back for a couple :ps2: silver consoles.;)

So best tip I can give you is to sort your backlog. If you haven't already, whe you really see what you got, it will throw it in perspective. I did mine over my vacation last week. My backlog is at 443 games. That shocker alone prompted me to cancel all but 3 of my pre-orders for the rest of the year.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Have somewhere over 600 games in my backlog. Last week's Blockbuster B1G1 sale did not do me any favors.[/QUOTE]

All ours down around me are closed, lol, that helped me avoid that.

After seeing this thread it made me curious about my own backlog. However, I stopped counting after I hit 100.

/reflecting on life choices

[quote name='Hell Monkey']All ours down around me are closed, lol, that helped me avoid that.[/QUOTE]
I Partook in them for the first time last year and it felt like super Christmas. As in first time I bought 28 or so games driving around and only spent like $75 or so total. It was one of those "drunk off my own madness" moments.

Though in the very least I've beaten 31 games this year so far (counting DLC as well), only problem is for every one I beat I always get about 4 or 5 more to take it's place.

Does anybody have a DVD/Blu-Ray backlog, as well? I know I already posted about having a few hundred games in the backlog, but that my game buying has gotten better recently, but I just bought a ton of anime dvds/blus from Amazon's sale like 15 minutes ago. Among other things, I bought the DBZ Dragon Box sets 4-6, to add to my collection of 1-3, but I haven't watched any of them yet. Those 6 sets are the first 250 episodes of the series. At 24 minutes an episode (approx.), that's 100 of DBZ in my backlog! Not to mention all the other anime titles I have, plus about 40 blu ray movies that I bought, but never watched. I really don't know why I do it, but I guess with anime, there's always the worry that I'll never see a price that cheap again. Plus there's the occasional title that goes out of print that I have sitting in my backlog that I unload for a tidy profit, but those are very few and far between.

For the past two years, my new year's resolution has been to make a dent in my backlog, but I've been failing pretty miserably. I should really organize and stay on top of it, like Hell Monkey, and work to whittle it down.

bread's done
Back