my Best Buy - former BB Reward Zone Program

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-Promotions/null/pcmcat309300050007.c?id=pcmcat309300050007

3 tiers, up from 2. Spend thresholds are $1500 and $3500 respectively, from $2500.

How do I qualify for My Best Buy Elite or Elite Plus?

Elite status is automatically awarded when you spend $1500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, or $1,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy MasterCard.

Elite Plus status is automatically awarded when you spend $3500 or more on qualifying purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com in a calendar year, $3,500 or more in total anywhere on the My Best Buy MasterCard

Reward Zone Gamers Club appears to now be my Best Buy Gamers Club, program benefits seem to be the same.

What are the benefits of the My Best Buy Gamers Club?

Benefits include:

Get 2X points on new game software, digital content and game accessories

Get 2X points when you trade in games
Special money-saving exclusive offers
Also:

Does it cost anything to be a My Best Buy Gamers Club member?

Gamers Club membership is free. You must be a U.S. or Puerto Rico resident at least 13 years of age with a valid e-mail address.
EDIT: Thanks to person123, who noted that there's still a Gamers Club Unlocked tier, in which benefits include the same 10% bonus trade-in credit, 10% discount off Pre-Owned Games, 10 issues of @Gamer magazine, and exclusive Paid Subscription offers.

---

I imagine we'll get some answers about current statuses in the next few days if you're a Silver member and/or a paid GCU member, since all the programs have changed.

Just to share, I was a Silver member and my status is now Elite Plus through the current status year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one extra Elite invite, if you want it just PM me your first name and email associated with your My Best Buy account. 

Edit: It's been taken. 

I'm curious, do you have to use them by today, or just send them to someone by today and then they can "accept" the invite any time?

Does it not show what tier you are anymore on mybestbuy?  I was elite plus until 2015 but it no longer shows that when I check online.

Does it not show what tier you are anymore on mybestbuy? I was elite plus until 2015 but it no longer shows that when I check online.
Still shows me as elite plus til February 2015 still. My Gamers Club Unlocked was extended to February 2014 though, and it was suppose to expire this month.

So. I just got around to looking into this and noticed there is a 

"24/7 DEDICATED
CUSTOMER
SERVICE LINE"

for Elite, but not Elite Plus. What does Elite Plus do?

ElitePlus has the same number as Elite for the 24/7 CS. Don't think theres any real difference.
However, when I called last night at about 0130, I got an automated message that they were closed and stated their normal business hours before hanging up on me.

I was in BestBuy yesterday trading in some games. I asked what the TIV is w/ the bonus and they said $16 (which I knew it would be). I'm a GCU member though and asked about the extra 10%. They said it is only points and not a money bonus. Is this right? I thought it was for 10% actual credit and not points. If it is, that's just more reason for me to not renew.

I was in BestBuy yesterday trading in some games. I asked what the TIV is w/ the bonus and they said $16 (which I knew it would be). I'm a GCU member though and asked about the extra 10%. They said it is only points and not a money bonus. Is this right? I thought it was for 10% actual credit and not points. If it is, that's just more reason for me to not renew.
wrong thread. anyway what game? 10% should always stack regardless of ongoing promos. I keep getting people that don't know. The person doing the tradein either wasn't "trained" properly or was and is just a "bad" worker.

wrong thread. anyway what game? 10% should always stack regardless of ongoing promos. I keep getting people that don't know. The person doing the tradein either wasn't "trained" properly or was and is just a "bad" worker.
How is it the wrong thread. My question is geared towards GCU (myBestBuy) 10% trade in bonus. Not TIV's.

The game was 007 Legends if that matters. My GCU information (phone #) was entered so I should have got the 10% bonus but I didn't. Same thing happened to my friend. They told him it's only points not actual credit.

They were wrong/lying. You get an extra 10% in credit on the base price. So you should have gotten $16.80. Burn them on the survey.

I know this is not Gamestop, but how do you know the surverys do not matter? What's the point of them then?
They're to fool customers. Best Buy has accomplished this. They always side with employees unless it's well documented that they're losing money because of the employee's actions such as theft.

Have some question as what counts towards the total spent.

1. Do purchases made with gift cards count? For example, I just bought $150 worth of Amazon cards with 2 BB gift cards I had. Will that $150 count?

2. Do purchases made with a reward zone certificate count? I notice on receipts those  knock the price of the item down instead of subtracting from the real cost.

3. How about a GCU renewal?

4. Also when does the calendar year end? Dec 31? After that, my total spent goes back to 0?

I ask bc right now Im at about $240 for total spent but about to buy a PS4 and possibly an iPad. I'll probably end up getting some stuff on BF and it would suck if I was this close to $1500 but missed it by a few dollars

Have some question as what counts towards the total spent.

1. Do purchases made with gift cards count? For example, I just bought $150 worth of Amazon cards with 2 BB gift cards I had. Will that $150 count?
No, gift card payments never count. If you had bought your Amazon cards with cash/credit then it would've counted.

2. Do purchases made with a reward zone certificate count? I notice on receipts those knock the price of the item down instead of subtracting from the real cost.
Nope, for the exact reason you stated.

3. How about a GCU renewal?
Yes, as long as you pay cash/credit.

4. Also when does the calendar year end? Dec 31? After that, my total spent goes back to 0?

I ask bc right now Im at about $240 for total spent but about to buy a PS4 and possibly an iPad. I'll probably end up getting some stuff on BF and it would suck if I was this close to $1500 but missed it by a few dollars
Pretty sure that's the case, can't remember specifically though.

MY ELITE EVENING
NOVEMBER 17 – 8:30PM - 10PM

Experience a one-night, one-of-a-kind shopping event made exclusively for Elite and Elite Plus members. Enjoy hot product offers and 3X points on these brands: Apple, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, LG and Beats by Dre.

List of Stores participating for November 17th event.

BLUE SUNDAY EARLY DOORBUSTERS
NOVEMBER 24 – 8AM - 10AM

Early access to Doorbuster deals you won't see on Black Friday. Join us online and in store starting at 8 a.m.

BLACK FRIDAY EARLY ACCESS
NOVEMBER 25

Elite and Elite Plus members exclusive: Avoid the crowd with early access to Black Friday deals online at BestBuy.com.

PRIVATE SHOPPING EVENT
DECEMBER 8 – 8PM - 10PM

My Best Buy members enjoy a night of shopping with 2X points on purchases storewide, member-only deals, sweepstakes, prizes and more.

Concierge-level services. We will begin testing concierge-level service in select stores this holiday season. Upon showing your My Best Buy Elite or Elite Plus membership card to the greeter, you will be met by our store leader who will personally help you experience the world's ultimate consumer electronics showroom.

Wonder if the are grouping Elite and Elite Plus together for the early Black Friday access? Given all of the friend invites that were given out, the site is going to crash hard if they do.

Was anyone able to have their Best Buy match Target's deal? If so, did you get the 1250 points credited to your account for buying 3 PS4 games? Not sure if the promo didn't kick off since they marked one of the games free instead of making them $40 each.

JMSYSY0.jpg

Got this in the mail earlier today. :)

I have an Elite Silver card myself, did I read somewhere there were people grandfathered into the silver premier now elite silver?  Ive had reward zone since the beginning.

Minor annoyance, but why couldn't BBY put the RZ barcode on the back of the card like they did before? Made it a lot easier to have 2 cards in 1.

Minor annoyance, but why couldn't BBY put the RZ barcode on the back of the card like they did before? Made it a lot easier to have 2 cards in 1.
Not sure if we're talking about two different things but the barcode works on the back. The employee scanned my Elite Plus card just fine.

bread's done
Back