My Best Buy GC Offers: $10 off Tales of Xillia, $30 off Rabbids Land Wii U, $30 off ESPN Sports Connection Wii U, $25 off Turtle Beach Marvel Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JKSonic']Question, how "open" does the game get? It it somewhere between something like Skyrim and Dark Souls, or is it more linear or...[/QUOTE]
It's right in the middle. Nowhere near the grandness of Skyrim but hardly as linear as either DS game. Maybe a few hours in when you get to the heart of the realm, you can go in almost any direction and explore.

[quote name='djricekcn']Just a heads up Hauppauge - HD PVR 2 does NOT record PS3 gameplay over HDMI due to HDCP[/QUOTE]
It looks like it doesn't take red/white/yellow AV cables either... :cry:

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']ive been somewhat tracking sales on Dragons dogma and it rarely goes on sale and i wont be surprised if Dark arisen follows the same tracks. but if Dark arisen hits $25 from MSRP $40, that would be an insta buy for me[/QUOTE]

There are a couple of threads that have the UK version of :ps3: Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen for $25 shipped just in case you want to get on it earlier....

I thought about waiting for Dark Arisen, but there looks to be enough content in the standard version. I'll more than likely be ready to move on to something else by the time I'm finished with it anyway.
So the $15 regular edition is perfect.

I am kind of looking forward to my own personal comparison between DD, Skyrim, Kingdoms of Amalur & The Witcher 2.

Planned on buying MLB 13 The Show on Tuesday anyway. An extra $10 off to go along with the 500 RZ points for spending over $10 just sweetens the deal.

[quote name='gospelman']Saves should be compatible.

From the amazon description of Dark Arisen:

"For those who already own Dragon's Dogma and then purchase Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data."[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks.

$15 + tax for Dragon's Dogma is super tempting but I just ordered X-Com :ps3: for the same price early this morning (eligible for the extra 500 RZ points from the Facebook poll bonus). I have until the 30th to decide.

been waiting for a price drop of Dragon's Dogma! have to bite on $15. gives me time to prepare for Dark Arisen since Gears comes out Tuesday and Bioshock Infinite next tuesday. could play Dragon's Dogma in between

DD was cool, but the fast travel system makes it so you have to fight the same mobs over and over again in the exact same places, even if you out leveled them. In the end you can't wait for it all to end.

Worth the epic dragon fight

[quote name='Brother Daz']Picked up DD, couldn't say no to $15[/QUOTE]

I'm picking up the X360 copy. I'll add it to my backlog. Just picked up Persona 4 Golden. I have no idea when I'm going to get to both of those games...

Here's the comparison between both titles if you're on the fence on which platform to get.

Link

I'm also glad I renewed my Gamer's Club Unlock Membership! Being able to use coupons online is the icing on the cake. Don't have to worry about going into the work before I have to pick up my games! Awesome!

I bought Dragon's Dogma over the holidays for $10 from the Microsoft Store deal, but found it pretty generic and linear. Does it open up any more? Maybe I'll buy it back.

Are there any good/cheap headphones I could get? I am interested in any decent wireless headphones I can get for $50 or less

[quote name='MochaRaf']When did BB allow us to start using RZ offers online for in store pickup? I was so surprised when I just added the game into my cart and it showed up as $14.99. That is so awesome, now I don't have to worry about running to my local store before all copies are gone as usual.[/QUOTE]

Is it supposed to do this? Didn't work for me, so I "claimed the offer" and tried again, still nothing. And the coupon I printed specifically states "Not for use on BestBuy.com" which leads me to believe that this is just a fluke.

Bah, saw the Dragon's Dogma deal posted yesterday and checked the in-store inventory. Most of my local Best Buys had it in-stock as of yesterday evening, so I figured I would have no problem picking it up today, right?

Much to my chagrin, however, I checked the inventory this morning and it is sold out across the board.

EDIT: A few sellers have it for $23.90 shipped on Amazon (PS3 version). I still think I'll hold out for $10 or $15 though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Skylanders Giants goes on sale after the offer expires but oh well, I can wait for it to hit $20 like the old one did last year during Black Friday.

Anybody know if I can PM The Show if I bought it for full price 13 days ago? I don't think I can do a return/rebuy since I used $45 in RZ certs on it.

So I just came back from BB and tried to purchase The Show and they said that I had to buy it online to get the $10 off. I thought they took off the $10 at the register?

[quote name='TheRock88']So I just came back from BB and tried to purchase The Show and they said that I had to buy it online to get the $10 off. I thought they took off the $10 at the register?[/QUOTE]

Did you bring in the coupon for it? If not, I'm not surprised that they shot you down. If you had the coupon with you and you were still denied, then they have their heads up their ass.

[quote name='justinthegamer']picked up dd i'll wait for the next version to drop to 15 too before i grab it[/quote]

+1

[quote name='AukeySeven']DD was cool, but the fast travel system makes it so you have to fight the same mobs over and over again in the exact same places, even if you out leveled them. In the end you can't wait for it all to end.

Worth the epic dragon fight[/QUOTE]

That's old school. Last game I saw that in was Legend of Dragoon.

Got in for Dragon's Dogma. It is essentially free after using the recent $5 RZ cert that was given out in conjunction with $10 from one of my existing gift cards. The Facebook 500 point promo will give me that $10 back. Not bad.

Picked up Dragon's Dogma to add to my already huge backlog. Heck, I still have a couple of PS2 games still in their shrink wrap... To be fair, I've finished 80% or so of the ones that are unwrapped, though.

Honestly, wasn't too impressed with the demo when I tried it out but being a sucker for most RPG's, $15 was too tempting to pass up. Too bad I'll most likely continue to be too busy with Skyrim for a while, if anything.

[quote name='rcerboss']Are there any good/cheap headphones I could get? I am interested in any decent wireless headphones I can get for $50 or less[/QUOTE]

I use the Sony Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset Elite Edition myself (paid $119.99 w/FS, no tax), but my friend uses Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 and she says she's happy with them. I can't vouch for the sound quality but she claims it's "awesome" and I can at least hear her fine through the mic. Amazon has them for $47.99 if you're interested. Only thing is P11's are only compatible with PS3 and PC/Mac.

[quote name='NaiveCynic']Picked up Dragon's Dogma to add to my already huge backlog. Heck, I still have a couple of PS2 games still in their shrink wrap... To be fair, I've finished 80% or so of the ones that are unwrapped, though.

Honestly, wasn't too impressed with the demo when I tried it out but being a sucker for most RPG's, $15 was too tempting to pass up. Too bad I'll most likely continue to be too busy with Skyrim for a while, if anything.

I use the Sony Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset Elite Edition myself (paid $119.99 w/FS, no tax), but my friend uses Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 and she says she's happy with them. I can't vouch for the sound quality but she claims it's "awesome" and I can at least hear her fine through the mic. Amazon has them for $47.99 if you're interested. Only thing is P11's are only compatible with PS3 and PC/Mac.[/QUOTE]
I'll look into them later today, the 20% off coupon at BB was a bust as they are still selling headphones at full price. Do the P11's work on PC too? Do they work through bluetooth, or a USB dongle?

In for DD... while I was there, I bought the Darksiders II best buy exclusive LE with the neato holographic slip cover which they sold to me for $15 (PM to bb website). Today was a good game day!

[quote name='TheRock88']So I just came back from BB and tried to purchase The Show and they said that I had to buy it online to get the $10 off. I thought they took off the $10 at the register?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dund3r']Did you bring in the coupon for it? If not, I'm not surprised that they shot you down. If you had the coupon with you and you were still denied, then they have their heads up their ass.[/QUOTE]

I bought it in store and didn't need the coupon, just had them scan my rewards card.

On another note, I was denied a price match for targets b2g1 deal. You would think best buy would rather have me buy 3 games instead of 1 but I guess not. $20 left in certs and then I'm done.

[quote name='rcerboss']I'll look into them later today, the 20% off coupon at BB was a bust as they are still selling headphones at full price. Do the P11's work on PC too? Do they work through bluetooth, or a USB dongle?[/QUOTE]

The P11's are wired.

Very weird as how the coupon on the Gamers Unlocked page says The Show offer is only valid on the PS3 version, even though it says it should work on both on the PS3 and Vita product pages. Gonna print it again anyways and hope for the best after Monday's wasted trip.

[quote name='TheRock88']Very weird as how the coupon on the Gamers Unlocked page says The Show offer is only valid on the PS3 version, even though it says it should work on both on the PS3 and Vita product pages. Gonna print it again anyways and hope for the best after Monday's wasted trip.[/QUOTE]
if you can print the page which proofs it apply on both ps3 and vita, then even if does not work automatically. They will most likely override for you.

I'll head there after work today, if it says DD's still in stock at the Best Buy near my office. Still have $11 left on a card from the trade-in promotions, guess it may be time to finish it off!

I just PM'd Mass Effect Trilogy for $30 from the Origin store, I picked up Dragons Dogma as well for a total of $2.07 after Certs&Offer.... stil used a gift card for that 2 bucks LULZ!1!! :booty:

[quote name='.Virus']I just PM'd Mass Effect Trilogy for $30 from the Origin store, I picked up Dragons Dogma as well for a total of $2.07 after Certs&Offer.... stil used a gift card for that 2 bucks LULZ!1!! :booty:[/QUOTE]

Good idea. I don't want to give digital river any money. Might get NFS for the WiiU that way

[quote name='Pookymeister']Grabbed DD for the PS3. Glad I did since I just read its more stable on there (at least reading launch reviews)[/QUOTE]

Not glad i did now - just noticed someone slipped the disc out and stole it. Should be fun returning it now...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Not glad i did now - just noticed someone slipped the disc out and stole it. Should be fun returning it now...[/QUOTE]

Wait, it wasn't sealed?

[quote name='TheRock88']Very weird as how the coupon on the Gamers Unlocked page says The Show offer is only valid on the PS3 version, even though it says it should work on both on the PS3 and Vita product pages. Gonna print it again anyways and hope for the best after Monday's wasted trip.[/QUOTE]

Another option is to do in-store pickup. Ordering online, the $10 applies.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Not glad i did now - just noticed someone slipped the disc out and stole it. Should be fun returning it now...[/QUOTE]

I had something similar happen to me with this game. Bout a copy and, after picking it up in store, I opened it up just now to see that a Torchlight disc was sitting inside instead of the game itself. Can't wait to try and explain this one to the guys there tomorrow...

[quote name='Rainman']can you price match sony elite headphones from office max for $120 then use the 20% off coupon?

http://www.officemax.com/technology...sSearchTag=true&csRedirectSearchResultCount=1[/QUOTE]

Why on Earth are you wasting money on the Elites when BB has the Turtle Beach Blops 2 LE Tango headset for $130.99?!! They blow the Elites out of the water, and I speak this as a former Pulse Elite owner.
The Elites are only a stereo headset, while the Tangos are true Dolby Surround, with triple the battery life, not to mention better in every other aspect. Don't buy sirloin when the filet mignon is a few bucks more! The Tangos were $300 when they released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back