My Bestbuy Member free shipping

I have not bought a single thing from BB since they started charging shipping on everything over $35 so I'll be taking all the credit for this thank you very much.

GCU was the best thing Best Buy ever did for us gamers. i kept paying $30 for 2 years and saved hundreds of dollars. Bought SOOO much more from Best Buy back then....

Last edited by a moderator:
I happily spent enough every year to get free shipping for elite.

Then they took it away.

Now it’s free shipping and no points.

I don’t know what they’re doing over there in Corporate Land.

GCU was the best thing Best Buy ever did for us gamers. i kept paying $30 for 2 years and saved hundreds of dollars. Bought SOOO much more from Best Buy back then....
I'd argue that GCU was the single greatest overall benefit for me as a CAG... ever. Saving 20% on CEs was HUGE. I literally bought every single CE I could get my hands on during the GCU days because it made things worth it.

Shame it's gone.

But having FS now is a good benefit. I buy very little from BB these days, but free shipping will definitely help increase purchases.

Ever since GCU went away, the only time I ever order from BB anymore is for steelbooks.

Otherwise, no reason to, especially now with no points.

I still only mainly shop there for apple products or TVs/soundbars cuz of the free apple service trials they come with and if somehow some games are on sale or come with nice steelbooks. Still butthurt they removed gcu and elite when I finally to become elite plus

After the new ceo joined the company around 2020 they started gutting the perks for being a loyal customer.

Has anyone noticed shenanigans lately with bestbuy.com? A few days ago I ordered something through my phone. When I got there to do my pick up, I auto logged in on my phone to get the barcode. Somehow it said password wrong and made me change it.

Today I went to order something while logged in, and it had somehow deleted my best buy card that has been saved on my account for years. It acted as if I never had a saved card before and manually had to re-enter all my info in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting free shipping on everything but losing rewards points kind of feels like a loss since there were always ways to avoid paying the shipping charge.  I guess it will be nice to order $2 and under items again and have them ship free by themselves. 

For me I would usually do a store pick up to avoid the shipping fee.  Thee is a Best Buy near the Costco I go to weekly so it wasn’t like I’d make an extra trip.  

What I liked was the 20% off the DLC inserts in Gold or Ultimate Editions, nowhere else could you get that discount.

Why do I feel the removal of points is going to be another perk of totaltech membership in the future. You still get 5 percent with the bestbuy card at least for now. But one thing i read in the fine print hints that once you use a reward cert, its not refundable on a return. Currently if you cancel or return, the points are refunded but it looks like they might be changing that. 

The points system moved to their CC exclusively, but I'll never have one because I don't shop there anymore. This whole deal is in their favor since most people got free shipping already but now they don't have to give out points as well. This company will either retreat online or die in the next 10 years.

bread's done
Back