my car...done a lot since awhile back

[quote name='Romis']Wow, $70K on a car
I've never understood the need for flashy/high performance cars, the whole idea around it. Cars are property, means of getting to point a to point b, but so many use them as a status symbol, or personality compensator.

I find it weird that some poeple tend to mention their car when they talk about themselves before you know much about them. Its all for show, to impress people.

Why invest all that and likely rent or live in a dump, property/a home is in my opinion an investment not personal property. Like other's have mentioned one drunk hitting you and its gone. And the cost of insurance is higher.

It just seems a tremendous amount of money to put into something that is so easily ruined

A snazzy car doesn't make person, if their a jerk already he/she is a still a jerk even in a overpriced car.

But to each his own,[/QUOTE]

I understand where you are coming from. My friend tells me I should do all these mods to my car... I am happy with it, I spent over 30000 on it, I wouldnt want to risk ruining anything on it. The only change I would even consider is new wheels somewhere down the line. I also take care of my things, this car will not be raced up and down Mobile (even though my car is the red line turbo model). Like Ive said before, it is wierd for me to actually garner so much attention over a car. I try to play it down with a simple thank you.

I simply bought my car because I fell in love with it the first time I saw one driving down the road. Last vehicle I bought was a new nissan truck... 12+ years ago... never gave me any serious problems. If stupid assholes down here didnt hit it in parking lots, the body would be in better shape than it is. I got 180000 plus miles out of it and still kept it for hauling things. Plan on doing alot of house fixing this year, and having a reliable truck helps.

[quote name='Romis']Wow, $70K on a car
I've never understood the need for flashy/high performance cars, the whole idea around it. Cars are property, means of getting to point a to point b, but so many use them as a status symbol, or personality compensator.

I find it weird that some poeple tend to mention their car when they talk about themselves before you know much about them. Its all for show, to impress people.

Why invest all that and likely rent or live in a dump, property/a home is in my opinion an investment not personal property. Like other's have mentioned one drunk hitting you and its gone. And the cost of insurance is higher.

It just seems a tremendous amount of money to put into something that is so easily ruined

A snazzy car doesn't make person, if their a jerk already he/she is a still a jerk even in a overpriced car.

But to each his own,[/QUOTE]
Eh, I dunno. I find that people put a lot of extraneous crap in their houses, so really, they're throwing away money on stuff they don't need. It's all in what you like, but I do agree that if you're living in a shithole because of how much money you spent on your car, you're stupid.

Having a car payment is probably one of my biggest regrets. I can think of countless other things to do for myself with the $$$ I spend on a car payment + insurance. It's just a car after all...

[quote name='docvinh']Eh, I dunno. I find that people put a lot of extraneous crap in their houses, so really, they're throwing away money on stuff they don't need. It's all in what you like, but I do agree that if you're living in a shithole because of how much money you spent on your car, you're stupid.[/quote]

Exactly, society is just bursting at the seems with all the useless crap people buy.

[quote name='crushtopher']Having a car payment is probably one of my biggest regrets. I can think of countless other things to do for myself with the $$$ I spend on a car payment + insurance. It's just a car after all...[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed years without car payments... but I HAD to have something new... probably wont get another car for another decade

[quote name='Romis']Exactly, society is just bursting at the seems with all the useless crap people buy.[/quote]

QFT! I have several friends who make anywhere from $15-$18/hour at their jobs, yet complain about no money in their bank account. Yet they have multiple pets, consoles, cars and even closets full of DVDs, video games, and PC games...but they can't go out for a beer once a month. I understand priorities, but I don't understand a lack of monetary control and the constant nagging/bitching about "lack of funds"

bread's done
Back